Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

To be fair that happened like, one and a half dungeons after Thancred gunstabbed him (and himself :v:) to within an inch of his life. He may have still been recovering when we roll into Eulmore.

On a semi-related note, has there ever been a FF job that uses a scythe before now?

Dark Knight's did in FF11, but I think that's the only one. Necromancer was a job in the FFV remake, and that could use a scythe if they ever added it. It'd be kind of neat to give it to a magic job so you can make your character all Magus-y.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

On a semi-related note, has there ever been a FF job that uses a scythe before now?

It was the signature weapon of Dark Knights in FFXI.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't really mind Ran'jit beating us--we have a hodgepodge of super powers but when it comes to kicking rear end the WoL is just really really good at it. Someone like Zenos or Ran'jit can be real good at it too without too much narrative dissonance (though Ran'jit kinda came out of nowhere). The issue I have is when you beat him later with no narrative justification. As far as I call tell, the only reason we lost and then won is because we leveled up in between, which is super unsatisfying narratively

It made sense to me that we didn't know he had a weird dragon stand the first time we fought him, so he blindsided us, but when we fight him with the buns in the pyramid we see him use it, and the next time we fight him we just dumpster him. Plus Thancred drove him to his limit before he left. That fusion thing probably isn't good for him.

It's also pretty well established that the WoL is a really good murderhobo, but there are people who are just straight up better fighters than we are when it comes to human on human duels. We spend too much time fighting giant monsters to really specialize.

Also met my favorite cat boy man in netflix roulette before the servers went down:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't really mind Ran'jit beating us--we have a hodgepodge of super powers but when it comes to kicking rear end the WoL is just really really good at it. Someone like Zenos or Ran'jit can be real good at it too without too much narrative dissonance (though Ran'jit kinda came out of nowhere). The issue I have is when you beat him later with no narrative justification. As far as I call tell, the only reason we lost and then won is because we leveled up in between, which is super unsatisfying narratively

There's a narrative explanation, even if it isn't handled all that great in the structure of the fight - the first time you're not actually trying to fight him, your goal is to get Minfilia the heck out of there. Basically making your escape and then Ancient Kung Fu Master shows up out of nowhere with weird techniques and trips you up while you're distracted. Later you're focused on actually taking him out, and then you do.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It's also pretty well established that the WoL is a really good murderhobo, but there are people who are just straight up better fighters than we are when it comes to human on human duels. We spend too much time fighting giant monsters to really specialize.

I can also go with the Fezzig explanation.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 16, 2019

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

aers posted:

FF11 DRK uses Scythes as their primary weapon, with Great Swords as the worse option.
That's a strange way to spell club and dagger.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Algid posted:

That's a strange way to spell club and dagger.

Yeah but you could only use the club once every 2 hrs. :v:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Eimi posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/4ddd33c83933ec4ad3dccb0e6538bbb9e85e63e7
Patch notes are up! The armor preview looks real nice for everything but tank imo.

Quoting for the new page. It doesn't look like they fixed my biggest issue of the entire expansion, the fact that North Silvertear's zone popup text says "north Silvertear."

Draxion fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jul 16, 2019

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nessus posted:

There's a really good explanation for the thing you spoilered:

HE'S A FUCKIN SUPER KARATE MAN WITH A STAND! DEAL WITH IT

Knowing the character Master Asia is based off, do you think his serpent is his castrated dick?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Eimi posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/4ddd33c83933ec4ad3dccb0e6538bbb9e85e63e7
Patch notes are up! The armor preview looks real nice for everything but tank imo.

Whoa wait they're adding more MSQ already?

e: nevermind, that's the Eden quests :v:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I just realized re: Varis's plan (ShB end spoilers) even his "perfect human" would stand zero loving chance against perfect Amaurotians.

Basically: goddamn is Varis dumb and it's hilarious.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I really like the glamour (or set; not sure if their gear is all part of one set or not, didn't check) on this person I saw in the MSQ roulette today:

Normally I'm not a big fan of catgirls/boys, but that's good look.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Also met my favorite cat boy man in netflix roulette before the servers went down:

Hey I'll have you know that I am a murderhomeowner, not a murderhobo!

...Okay its a room in someone else's house, but its still mine dammit! :colbert:

Edit: That frog-head guy on the right. :stare:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Does anyone have the roleplayingamer comic about using the force to eat KFC?

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
really upset that we don't get the KFC promo in NA

it would be nice if i got an ingame reward for my daily lunch

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Ytlaya posted:

It's a shame the good looking races are the furry ones :(

My Viera is hella good looking though

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Some of that new armor has a pretty Griffith/Femto look to it.

Mister No posted:

I know people who eat KFC nearly every day, I would have so many chocobos.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mister No posted:

If they did this it'd be like a Red Fat Chocobo or something, I'm pretty sure Koji Fox would explain the problem to their business office.

Guuse
May 11, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

I really like the glamour (or set; not sure if their gear is all part of one set or not, didn't check) on this person I saw in the MSQ roulette today:

The top and gloves are part of the brightlinen set, not sure about the rest. It is a neat look, though :)

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Gorelab posted:

My feel on AST is that the new cards are fine, and you can do some pretty neat things if you time them well for burst windows, but the numbers all around are undertuned and sleeve draw is obnoxious as gently caress.

I agree with all this. Might have been down on AST earlier but I see the potential. Still levelling WHM on the side just in case.

Also it appears that Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is resorting to desperate measures to shore up his approval ratings:

https://twitter.com/gabin_ff14/status/1145853346714025984

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nessus posted:

If they did this it'd be like a Red Fat Chocobo or something, I'm pretty sure Koji Fox would explain the problem to their business office.

Make it an orange fat chocobo to coincide with the cheetos flavored stuff kfc is currently offering in the US.

With every movement cheeto dust falls off the fat chocobo's feathers.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pharohman777 posted:

Make it an orange fat chocobo to coincide with the cheetos flavored stuff kfc is currently offering in the US.

With every movement cheeto dust falls off the fat chocobo's feathers.

Cheetocobo?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Was that Bob Do'something? He's a regular on Exodus. Hangs out in places with that ridiculous outfit.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Doh, missed doing some healer leveling due to homework today before maintenence. Oh well.

I'm interested to see how they fixed the GNB sounds. The tiny ting-ting of Brutal Shell and tinny slashes made it feel pretty weaksauce compared to the explosion combos.

It made sense to me that we didn't know he had a weird dragon stand the first time we fought him, so he blindsided us, but when we fight him with the buns in the pyramid we see him use it, and the next time we fight him we just dumpster him. Plus Thancred drove him to his limit before he left. That fusion thing probably isn't good for him.

To add onto this: In the first fight he outright says 'now I have your measure' and I immediately responded with 'and now I have yours.' The move he knocks you out with in the first fight? Just does a bunch of damage in the second. And then when he shows up the final time it's pretty much a 'on a scale of 1 to Zenos you're not even a footnote.' The WoL's entire confrontation with Ran'jit is much like what we went through in SB and so of course it's way easier.

I save the Fezzig explanation as something to yell at our antagonists. 'Ok your first mistake in wanting to fight a Godslayer? Was becoming a God.'

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

EponymousMrYar posted:

I save the Fezzig explanation as something to yell at our antagonists. 'Ok your first mistake in wanting to fight a Godslayer? Was becoming a God.'

That's a kind of incredible one-liner

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cheap Trick posted:

Also it appears that Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is resorting to desperate measures to shore up his approval ratings:

https://twitter.com/gabin_ff14/status/1145853346714025984
[Please use the auto-translate function.] [I don't speak any Japanese.]

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's Meol!

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

FactsAreUseless posted:

new vanilla sweetbread product; looks like meol

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
Eden's going to be the first time I've had actual current raid content, which is exciting, but also I want to make sure I fully understand the loot rules. You can only win one token per raid each week, so 4 tokens max per week. Is this correct? Do people save their rolls for specific tokens they're looking for, or start by just grabbing tokens for whatever slot hasn't been filled yet?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

YorexTheMad posted:

Eden's going to be the first time I've had actual current raid content, which is exciting, but also I want to make sure I fully understand the loot rules. You can only win one token per raid each week, so 4 tokens max per week. Is this correct? Do people save their rolls for specific tokens they're looking for, or start by just grabbing tokens for whatever slot hasn't been filled yet?

Depends how much you're interested in grinding it out. If you want a specific one be prepared to try a lot to actually get it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Emalde posted:

new vanilla sweetbread product; looks like meol
Oh, right. In my head meol looks more like seitan, kind of stretchy and starchy and protein-dense, because of what it's made from. So I didn't form the connection right away.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Belt and accessory items only take one for an exchange and are always fought over, and by the end of the week it's just a mad dash to get anything.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

What is the optimal token path for those of us willing to grind it out, anyways? I have the best possible gear of 5.0, so I don't have any easy first upgrades, and I know that the weapon is only for savage. Since there's only two weeks before savage, and assuming the token distribution is the same as SB, what're the rolls everyone will be fighting over?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

YorexTheMad posted:

There's a certain order that a lot of people shoot for to maximize stat gain per week, but it's a pain in the rear end to roll against everyone else following the pro schedule so I usually just say gently caress it and grab what I can get

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

homeless snail posted:

There's a certain order that a lot of people shoot for to maximize stat gain per week, but it's a pain in the rear end to roll against everyone else following the pro schedule so I usually just say gently caress it and grab what I can get

:same:
2 pedals 2 cranks first week unless i get really lucky, since nobody is gonna be rolling on those and gets me 2 decent upgrades first week.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
They said the drop tables will be a bit different this time so the old strat won't be optimal anymore

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Oh boy Eden Normal, I just need to grind out...

27 levels on MCH. :negative:

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

CuddlyZombie posted:

What is the optimal token path for those of us willing to grind it out, anyways? I have the best possible gear of 5.0, so I don't have any easy first upgrades, and I know that the weapon is only for savage. Since there's only two weeks before savage, and assuming the token distribution is the same as SB, what're the rolls everyone will be fighting over?

Previously the optimal priority for tokens was basically to get two leg tokens from the 3rd and 4th floors in the first two weeks. Then buy a chest piece with tomestones instead, because the chest tokens only drop from floor 4 and you need four of them so it takes more time than getting the rest of the set.

The order for the other slots doesn't make much difference overall.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Crossing my fingers that the eventually gives us the best music Man with the Machine Gun

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011
[J.O. CRYSTARIUM] Late night midcore static forming for eden savage.
Tuesdays and thursdays, 12-2 am EST.

we need-
1 ranged phys dps
1 non dupe dps (not nin, blm, or w/e our ranged ends up as)
1 healer

you are-
- willing to listen to a guy named weedlord goku
- respectful of our time (let us know when you'll be late/cant show up)
- not afraid to own your mistakes
- willing to learn and accept constructive criticism
- able to push the relevant buttons

you get-
- content cleared while it's relevant
- a chill atmosphere with cool dude/ttes
- the finest ms paint based strategies
- loot

hit me up in game at Weedlord Goku@Excalibur or wereboat#0126 on discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

So I 'm capped out on Allagan Tomestone of Poetics left over from 2.0, should I....

A)Spend it all on sets of Ironworks because I'll earn it back playing through all the content up to 5.0 anyway.
B)Save it for Shire armor sets.
C)Spend it on the crafting materials and sell them since the gear will just be replaced through questing anyway.