Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MizPiz posted:

I'm trying to come up with a joke about how the Italian v Irish fight is actually between two misinformed Germans, but I can't quite stick it.

This is the true behind the scenes story of Far and Away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MizPiz posted:

I'm trying to come up with a joke about how the Italian v Irish fight is actually between two misinformed Germans, but I can't quite stick it.

Tomatoes vs potatoes, but it's actually two heads of cabbage.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I only see there a short italian guy hopping to get a fight against an irish dude.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Solice Kirsk posted:

Tomatoes vs potatoes, but it's actually two heads of cabbage.

It's funny that the first two are Columbian Exchange crops.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

"Sicilian born & raised" doesn't even scan

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/aznpimpmaster/status/1150484284676943882

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

Guillermus posted:

I only see there a short italian guy hopping to get a fight against an irish dude.

It's South Philly, both are short and angry. Most likely shithoused because the Iggles lost.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEFPZWK4ElE

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Guillermus posted:

"YOAH NAUGHT GAWD OH MY FAHTHA!"

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/sapphixy/status/1150820184128655362

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

That "Wow." at the end got me

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

See, now this is smart. So you don't get condensation collecting under the toast when it's laying flat on the plate. I've just been serving toast to my family using scalding hot plates.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lobok posted:

See, now this is smart. So you don't get condensation collecting under the toast when it's laying flat on the plate. I've just been serving toast to my family using scalding hot plates.

If the bread doesn't have enough moisture to produce toast sweat, it's not going to retain enough heat to melt the peanut butter and you're going to have to put it under the broiler.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

slinkimalinki posted:

"Sicilian born & raised" doesn't even scan

Iiiin west Pantelleria born and raised
Punchin' Irish is how I spent most of my days

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

I am loving that this guy is old enough to be a dad and he still has that AOL-rear end Twitter handle. Aznpimpmaster. Wow.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ChappellTracker/status/1150823896016412674

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nailed it.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Hail Satan!

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

Lol they’re one of those “my tweet got attention, here’s a go fund me to pay my rent” people

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Lol they’re one of those “my tweet got attention, here’s a go fund me to pay my rent” people

Gotta make the rent somehow in this hellworld.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Welcome to America

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

It's nice that they ended up crediting a source after dropping their patreon details

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

People always talk about Frank Welker doing the voice of Megatron and Doctor Claw, but you shouldn’t forget that he did the stupid loving animal sounds from pretty much every cartoon you can think of.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Open Marriage Night posted:

People always talk about Frank Welker doing the voice of Megatron and Doctor Claw, but you shouldn’t forget that he did the stupid loving animal sounds from pretty much every cartoon you can think of.

Truly a cosmopolite.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Including Nibbler from Futurama, BOTH voices.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Frank Welker is responsible for half the sounds generated on planet earth

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

That's everyone on Twitter

Magilla Gorilla is in a 2019 cartoon!? :eyepop:

Samuringa has a new favorite as of 06:07 on Jul 16, 2019

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Holy poo poo I really need to catch up on supernatural because there's an episode where sam and dean get transported into the animated scooby doo world :psyduck:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Samuringa posted:

Magilla Gorilla is in a 2019 cartoon!? :eyepop:

Yeah the new Scooby Doo series is featuring crossovers with a bunch of old Hanna Barbera characters like Magilla Gorills and The Funky Phantom but they're also featuring a whole bunch of celebrities like Whoopi Goldberg, Ricky Gervais, Weird Al Yankovic, Penn & Teller and Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby-Doo_and_Guess_Who%3F

Edit: the third episode is apparently set in Peebles' Pet Shop (which was where Magilla Gorilla lived) and the guest star is Wanda Sykes.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 06:41 on Jul 16, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Whoopi Goldberg, Ricky Gervais, Weird Al Yankovic, Penn & Teller and Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

Who's next - Jordan Peterson?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Phy posted:

If the bread doesn't have enough moisture to produce toast sweat, it's not going to retain enough heat to melt the peanut butter and you're going to have to put it under the broiler.

holy poo poo, mods please change my name to toast sweat

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

holy poo poo, mods please change my name to toast sweat

It’s the scourge of our times.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Lobok posted:

maybe serve it butter side down

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Stack the toasts on end into a little a-frame to make as little contact as possible with the plate.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

OnceAndFuture DILF posted:

maybe serve it butter side down

Prepare to eat flaming death, Zook.

Beachcomber has a new favorite as of 08:55 on Jul 16, 2019

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Lobok posted:

Toast rack toast is leathery and unpleasant. The only way to get good toast is to do it yourself, but you can't make your own toast if you have servants - that's their job. So in english country houses, the upperclasses got cold leathery toast ceremonially handed to them and the servants got their own fresh crispy toast straight from the stove.

Middleclass aspirants to upperclass status adopted their terrible toast standards in the hope that other people might think they were posh because why would anyone eat such awful toast unless it was what they were used to from childhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
https://twitter.com/YTSunnys/status/1150872752414498816