Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Yeah, Dark Souls 3 was really underwhelming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Only 203 hours in CK2? Like, at least get past the point of learning the interface!

Thankfully my Warframe shame is hidden by the game being so solid that unless I'm at work, or there's a patch, I just leave it running. You can't prove my addiction!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
At least get out of the tutorial, yeah :v:

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
The standalone client doesn't let you buy the TennoGen, so your fashion game will forever be inferior. Own your poo poo. :black101:

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
How do you get to Fortuna? I've completely cleared the system map and have done all of the quests. I can see the quest for it in my log, however I can't activate it.

The last 2 nodes to clear the map was some weird mode I've not seen before using keys to do something on modules, and a boss fight for the wisp(?) frame. I had no idea what was going on, it seemed like a mini Teralyst fight or something?

1. What am I supposed to do in the mode with the keys?
2. What is the Wisp frame? Is it any good?
2a. Are there any other new frames since Revenant?
3. What are you supposed to do in that boss fight?
4. How do you get to Fortuna?

Sorry, I've been gone a while and am still getting to grips with things. I had to check key bindings just to work out how to switch weapons again!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Dravs posted:

1. What am I supposed to do in the mode with the keys?
2. What is the Wisp frame? Is it any good?
2a. Are there any other new frames since Revenant?
3. What are you supposed to do in that boss fight?

Hey, I can answer these since I was just coming in to talk about this.

1. The goal is to start the keys up, where they'll give a global buff/debuff, but also spawn a suicide bomber charging for them. Kill that bomber. (I believe it is called a Demolyst.) You can leave after 4 or keep doing more waves.
2. Wisp is pretty neat actually because it's got a neat 1 that allows for controlled healing/energy regen/I forget the third as well as other powers that make them a great boon to a team or soloing alone.
2a. gently caress if I know man I just came back after six months off, I don't know the order on this poo poo
3. The goal is to blast the fucker's shields off (this will probably go quick), at which point it's gonna camp one of the three reactors around the room. Make your way to it without getting blasted by the sparks it sends down the power lines, and lure it into powering the reactor with a laser. Then someone has to leap onto the bastard and steer him into the live transformer. After this, he'll retreat to and damage the center platform, where you need to blast one of his shield generators. Take it out in time and he'll fall down - use the nearby console to orbital strike the bastard and repeat twice more.

Anyway nobody told me that dude dropped an Argonak mod, which I just got for my first Ropalolyst clear, and I forgot how extremely insane my riven for it was, so I think I'm gonna be dumping some more forma into this baby to get buckwild:

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Fortuna is on Venus. The Warframes Garuda, Baruuk, and Hildryn are in Fortuna. You'll need to run bounties for Garuda, rank up with one of the Fortuna factions to buy Baruuk, and fight a giant spider-nanny to get Hildryn.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Wisp's 1 is three buffs, a health/regen buff, an very generous speed buff, and an electric aoe stun. He other abilities are pretty neat too but this is the team buff one.

All the other new frames are pretty good too. Baruuk and Hildryn are very survivable and good at tossing people around. Garuda is a little squishy and comes with an ability that sacrifices health for energy, but she also has strong localized healing and if you can get the hang of playing her aggressively she can make everyone and everything bleed like mad.

None of them are very meta for anything I don't think, though Hildryn maybe still has a setup that makes her completely invincible and everyone loves a super buff Wisp. I never really got the hang of Hildryn but all of these recent frames are fun and good.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ritznit posted:

The standalone client doesn't let you buy the TennoGen, so your fashion game will forever be inferior. Own your poo poo. :black101:

i log into the steam version when they release new tennogen i want

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hildryn also doesnt use energy but shields to power her abilities. She laughs in the face of energy reduction missions.

Dont bring her to nightmare missions. :ohdear:

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

stop, turn back.

please

i inadvertently looked at my stats yesterday and discovered I've slain over 464,000 enemies. Cephalon Simaris would be proud.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
They said I would be able to get Rhino Prime today, but I don't have it yet. Why won't they let me buy it? Why do they hate me so? :rant:

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Synthbuttrange posted:

stop, turn back.

please

:same:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I love my stupid space stapler.

https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1151071067949228038

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I just installed this past weekend and been having a good time so far unlocking the star chart.

Lots of poo poo to do so a lot it's pretty overwhelming to start.

Do I have to worry about missing out on anything? My FOMO is at full bore. From what I can tell anything I might miss out on is probably going to be back at some point so I shouldn't worry about it.

Honestly doubt I can make any progress even if there was since I'm just making it past Mars now.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

You wont miss out on anything because you can do quests again/buy mission specific parts again and events come back from time to time. The only thing I would add is that you should ne on the lookout for flowers and plants so you can hoard them over time and get a helios to scan everything automatically.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Basically, no, you won't miss out on anything worth caring about. The main things you might are cosmetics from like Prime Access, and caring about missing out on a 30 bucks cape is silly in a game with so many cool capes.

Prime stuff that gets vaulted still usually has enough in the economy to buy off players later if/when you care (plus vault opening like the Rhino/Nyx one, plus random people in fissures having old relics).

Unique Nightwave rewards are super-gimmicky or cosmetic so don't worry about them. That said if you have the time and spare brain poking nightwave a bit to buy Nitain and stuff is pretty worthwhile.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Mr Newsman posted:

Do I have to worry about missing out on anything?
The stuff that is only temporarily available generally falls into 2 categories: Tradeable poo poo that players can horde and hand out to beginners or sell for plat (usually more plat the longer it has been unavailable), and untradable stuff (usually cosmetics) that are generally brought back in the form of event reruns or other ways. Farming/Buying some plat is generally a bit more hassle than picking the thing up while it is available, but not particularly horrible. Waiting for specific cosmetics to show up again can require some patience though, but you'll probably be overwhelmed with other things to choose from anyway.

Right now the most notable example in the second category is probably the nightwave season 2 reward cosmetics at the end (which is kinda spoiler-y for people who just installed). Even if you miss it they were planning on having it return eventually, but they haven't nailed that down yet so it might be a while.

Mr Newsman posted:

Lots of poo poo to do so a lot it's pretty overwhelming to start.
Don't worry about it, that's normal, and for the most part shouldn't hold you back. Just work through the starchart, pick up frames and weapons as you come across them, try whatever quests you come across. Grab some starter mod gifts from veterans after hopping in the clan, always remember that you - in general - don't have to solo everything (especially new and confusing mission types or tilesets) and don't hesitate to ask questions - most people eventually learn warframe's counter-intuitive idiosyncrasies, but most often you can avoid learning it the hard way.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Jul 16, 2019

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Oh, and boss design is often bad. So like, ask for help on bosses if you can't solo them. (Raptor just ruined me, frex)

For junctions, Excalibur's Radial Blind lets you just backstab them, Mag can put them in a bubble, and Volt can paralyse with his zap IIRC.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ughhhh posted:

You wont miss out on anything because you can do quests again/buy mission specific parts again and events come back from time to time. The only thing I would add is that you should ne on the lookout for flowers and plants so you can hoard them over time and get a helios to scan everything automatically.

I don't know how far back I would be if I hadn't gotten a Helios early on. They're the best.

Tylana posted:

For junctions, Excalibur's Radial Blind lets you just backstab them, Mag can put them in a bubble, and Volt can paralyse with his zap IIRC.

And there's one junction later on where you will get sniped immediately. This will one-shot kill you, and you won't be able to get behind cover in time. You need to roll towards the cover -- you get like 70% damage reduction while rolling. I wish I had known this sooner.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
oh poo poo, I just found out Mesa has prime available along with Nova Prime being a reasonable price again. Are there any other recent prime frames that have been released/unvaulted that I might have missed?

(Edit: When I logged back into the game yesterday I found I had like 2000 credits somehow, I am ready for a spending spree on things I am still missing)

I found Fortuna now, I can't believe I didn't see it before, it's right there on Venus, I must have glossed over it when I was going through the planets.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

prefect posted:

you get like 70% damage reduction while rolling.

WHAT

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its as if a lot of Warframe's systems arent explained at all.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Also bullet jumping has a -accuracy to enemies trying to shoot you.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Synthbuttrange posted:

its as if a lot of Warframe's systems arent explained at all.
my favorite part of this game is when vets who have played over a year are blown away by learning some completely undocumented bullshit

happens to me at least once every few months

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Nalesh posted:

to wit: WHAT

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

you also can't be knocked down or stunned during a roll. Rolling is good and you should be rolling any time you don't know what else to do.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Awesome! All of that was super helpful. I'm ready to lose hours and hours.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
all this time I was chuckling about the movement skills of the official streamer girls...

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Tulip posted:

you also can't be knocked down or stunned during a roll. Rolling is good and you should be rolling any time you don't know what else to do.

Warframe is the best Sonic game

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Nalesh posted:

Anytime you're in the air enemies have a reduced chance to hit you so jumping in the air, aim gliding and just holding fire while pointing at dudes is a good way to murder peeps while being unharmed. Still you get the most airtime by bullet jumping up first.

Also you can roll in the air if you want to be immune to enemy knock back while airborne.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I didn't realize you could ignore knockdown on rolls, either. I just use slide attacks for going through laser doors.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
enemy accuracy is based on their weapon, distance, and then modifiers from your actions. high speed and maneuvers, mostly. maneuvers include rolling, bullet jumping, wall-running, wall latch, even sliding iirc. rolling is the best single one because it reduces accuracy while also providing damage resistance. however, pinballing stacks accuracy penalties while you can still navigate and kill stuff. so spazzing out, jumping around a room and bouncing off the walls while firing wildly is a useful method for survival.

or you can just play one of the many ridiculously tanky frames and not have to worry about damage from normal enemies.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Yup, rolling and bullet-jumping are essential when playing fleshy frames in high-end content and you'll really notice the difference there to the point where it becomes second nature.

Absolutely sliding. Doing little mini-slides while shooting is a great way to stay alive in a dense firefight.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

or you can just play one of the many ridiculously tanky frames and not have to worry about damage from normal enemies.

I like this one, just play Atlas, never get knocked down, walk around punching everyone.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Also you can tech knockdowns/backs by meleeing at the same time the ancient cord/arson wall/whatever hits your model, provided you're (mostly) facing the source.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
1)Saryns dot feels ridiculous on survival modes.

2) thanks to the goon that gave me augur secrets, making it more ridiculous

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Funnily enough, there is such a thing as too much strength on saryn's spores, it gets to a point where it kills too fast to let you keep spreading it way too fast at high str.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Damage resistance in this game is really, really powerful. 70% DR is the same as Valkyr Prime armor (700), and 75% is 900. And DR seems to be applied sequentially, so if you're rolling and have 900 armor, you're taking 93.75% reduced damage to health. If you're a Gara with Adaptation, you're up to 99% reduced damage to shields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Tulip posted:

Yeah, dealing with Arson Eximus enemies is easy like this because you can just roll into the fire and keep fighting.