Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Captain Jesus posted:

I haven't been repulsed by any comic posted here so much probably since the Gentle Likpas. I guess that's what this comic reminds me of the most. The art is offensively bad and the writing reminds me of Tails Gets Trolled. The Goblins were at least so bad it was kinda funny, but this is just embarrassing.

With all sincerity, it’s probably one of the top ten webcomics out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kit Walker posted:

It's like "what if someone made Rice Boy only not as pretentious but also not very well drawn?" come to life.

e: So in effect it's mostly like Rice Boy in that there's extensive world-building.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Kit Walker posted:

Jesus I didn't know how bad webcomics had got if that's top 10.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Aramoro posted:

Give it a read if you don’t believe me. The art is bad and the writing is strange but it’s an incredible piece of media despite that

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Aramoro posted:

As if you didnt already know all webcomics are utter trash.

I love them

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
After more than 330 pages of this thread, I can now say with full confidence that I don't have a favourite comic.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I do. It's this one. This one is my favorite

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I like the TURPA KIINNI KISSA ÄIÄ comic but only the part where he says TURPA KIINNI KISSA ÄIÄ.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
If people want something more accessible than Hitmen for Destiny, Lies, Sisters, and Wives (http://lies.thecomicseries.com/comics/first/), is a short, 34 page comedy by the same author that shows off his writing a little faster. (also it's hilarious)

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

The bit of Hitmen that's similar to Lies, Sisters and Wives (where they are on the boat) is the first and possibly only time I've laughed out loud at an online comic. Normally they just make me sigh and die a little bit on the inside.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Now that Hitmen of Destiny has been posted I know what the haters feel when MMO gets posted.

I hate it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ddoniolvalcroze/status/1150799954111107073

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Dreqqus posted:

Now that Hitmen of Destiny has been posted I know what the haters feel when MMO gets posted.

I hate it.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Hitmen for Destiny definitely feels like the artist spent too much time working a particular style to be able to develop beyond it, a much more extreme case of the rut a lot of webcomic artists get into. What stands out is that the action is actually very clear, even character emotion, so I really can't hate on it.

Also what is the name of the webcomic that starts off as a kind of vulgar highschool thing but then there is an incredibly long 100th comic where the apocolypse happens?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Actually to be properly :darksouls: it should be laughing constantly at nothing in particular

Fools Infinite posted:

Hitmen for Destiny definitely feels like the artist spent too much time working a particular style to be able to develop beyond it, a much more extreme case of the rut a lot of webcomic artists get into. What stands out is that the action is actually very clear, even character emotion, so I really can't hate on it.

Also what is the name of the webcomic that starts off as a kind of vulgar highschool thing but then there is an incredibly long 100th comic where the apocolypse happens?

There's an almost outsider art feel to it.

And the second one sounds like you might have to be more specific.

BeefyTaco
Nov 29, 2007

Squirtle, you cannot use fire. You are a water pokemon.

Fools Infinite posted:

It Hurts.
http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Kit Walker posted:

Well, the examples posted here really didn't convince me of that. But I will move on knowing that the way I feel about this comic is probably how some people feel about MM&O here and I understand them better now.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Thanks, the rough style of Hitmen of Destiny kind of reminded me of it. I think we can appreciate the effort that is put into these kinds works, even if the style or technical skill isn't to our standards.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Unpopular opinion: MM&O, Achewood, and Hitmen for Destiny are all good

Captain Jesus posted:

Well, the examples posted here really didn't convince me of that. But I will move on knowing that the way I feel about this comic is probably how some people feel about MM&O here and I understand them better now.

I felt the same way the first few times I saw it posted, ages ago, but then on a whim decided to read it and ended up bingeing the whole thing over a weekend. I had no regrets

Kit Walker has a new favorite as of 17:15 on Jul 16, 2019

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Kit Walker posted:

MM&O, Achewood, and Hitmen for Destiny are all good

You are correct.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Honestly, I'm finding the Hitmen art painful to look at, but in its case the story is interesting enough that I'm getting pulled along in spite of it. I really wish it was something more than bleh MSPaint though, some of the non-human stuff is OK but most of it (so far) is really bad.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Fools Infinite posted:

Thanks, the rough style of Hitmen of Destiny kind of reminded me of it. I think we can appreciate the effort that is put into these kinds works, even if the style or technical skill isn't to our standards.

The art in It Hurts!! gets significantly better as you go along, too. It's very rough at the beginning but settles into a consistent cartoony style by the end. Also it owns. So does Hitmen for Destiny and most of the half-dozen other comics by the same guy, which tend to have slightly cleaner art and slightly better grammar but the same intricate plotting and logical-absurdist sci-fi or fantasy scenarios.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

The farce chapter on the cruise ship is some of the best webcomics there have ever been

Yeah I just reached this point again and it's so goddamn good lmao

for those who haven't read it, all you need to get these two is that the guy hiding in the closet is a shapeshifter (also he's an idiot):

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Here’s something by thread favorite Paul Kirchener.

hieronymous & bosch

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
Hitmen For Destiny is a riot. The art style is definitely a bit offputting at first, but it communicates well enough not to get in the way of telling the story.

His other comics, The Accidental Space Spy and Transdimensional Brain Chip, are interesting reads, but they both have sudden and rather bleak endings. Be warned, I guess.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
Hitmen isn't funny if you link one comic at a time and the people you're trying to convince will never read the whole thing because a lot of people here's posting style is reliant on being the whiny dude you leave out of groupchats

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

How do I disable signatures l m a o

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Snake Maze posted:

If people want something more accessible than Hitmen for Destiny, Lies, Sisters, and Wives (http://lies.thecomicseries.com/comics/first/), is a short, 34 page comedy by the same author that shows off his writing a little faster. (also it's hilarious)

I read this, and I liked it. Thanks.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
This thread is bad now

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

ArtIsResistance posted:

Hitmen isn't funny if you link one comic at a time and the people you're trying to convince will never read the whole thing because a lot of people here's posting style is reliant on being the whiny dude you leave out of groupchats

Tbf, there's also a posting style of dumping long, long series of poor quality images. And of quoting them endlessly.

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool

The Sexual Shiite posted:

Here’s something by thread favorite Paul Kirchener.

hieronymous & bosch

These are great.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Collapsing Farts posted:

This thread is bad now

You're bad all the time

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

gleebster posted:

Tbf, there's also a posting style of dumping long, long series of poor quality images. And of quoting them endlessly.

There's a lot of different posting styles most of which involve posting zero comics so I embrace those who do. Even if it is a wall of rear end.

I will never post a comic though

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ArtIsResistance posted:

How do I disable signatures l m a o
User control panel, there's an option. I've had them off for years.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

ArtIsResistance posted:

There's a lot of different posting styles most of which involve posting zero comics so I embrace those who do. Even if it is a wall of rear end.

I will never post a comic though

Art truly is resistance.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

a friend of mine reminded me of Hitmen for Destiny recently, and I've been re-reading through it. It's got horrible artwork but a surprisingly compelling story, I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it yet. I can't think of a single comic that's representative of the whole thing, but the very first comic does a good job of building a world and giving you questions you want answered.

http://hitmen.thecomicseries.com

So glad I found this, it was amazing from start to finish.

The initial comic does a good job in getting you hooked.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

User control panel, there's an option. I've had them off for years.

I honestly forgot they were a thing until that post

I don't use ignore but I sure as hell turned off signatures like 15 years ago

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Collapsing Farts posted:

This thread is bad now

counterpoint: this thread was never good

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

counterpoint: this thread was never good

It's often bad, but it's useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008