Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
you gotta link to it!! i'm also loving "ten earth shattering blows". its neat/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its neat but

theres only two chapters

*sob*

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Kinda mean to spoil a scene like this.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Kinda mean to spoil a scene like this.

Normally I'd agree, but drat if it didn't get me reading just now. Read through everything so far and very happy to add this to my RSS feed.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont think i want any of the dons guzzoline myself

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TwoPair posted:

I feel like someone wished on a monkey's paw for no QC talk and this whole stupid derail is the cruel twist.

I was suddenly curious and checked QC because I haven't in a month and... there's really nothing to talk about. The one AI who was a cop is talking to the nonbinary AI who is also a bunch of different AIs? It's whatever.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
QC comes and goes in waves, like the tide. Sometimes it puts out something really interesting and fun and maybe thoughtful, but there's a vast ocean of loving nothing in between the good stuff.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Nick Buntline posted:

and arguably it wasn't "almost-saved by pleasant artwork" given that she pretty clearly (and correctly) thought it was unsaveable and was putting in absolute minimum effort towards the end (see: the whole thing where she drew and inked a rape metaphor apparently without ever consciously processing that was what was happening?)
i cannot believe we're having this meta-metaphorical exchange but the fault in the rape metaphor lies with the man who planned and scripted that rape metaphor, not the woman he was paying (probably very little) to draw it for him

that's all i'm going to say on the matter

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i am now reading ten earth shattering blows and it's excellent

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

nankeen posted:

i am now reading ten earth shattering blows and it's excellent

There are some serious Mad Max vibes to this comic. After finishing what's out, I'm intrigued.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
EDIT: Actually no, I will not help dragging this stupid thing out.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
RIP cucumber quest

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
deep insights into the soul in never satisfied today

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm rereading it and I forgot how much I enjoyed Rice Boy.

The current one the author's working on is p good too

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
Can't remember if this one has been mentioned here but I've been digging Serious Engineering for a bit. Not sure how to describe it without spoiling but it's a really interesting story involving a girl's journey to make use of her skills at robotics and leaving her old life behind. Art's great and they recently redid some of the older content to remove and change a few points to make the story flow better and now that it's updating somewhat regularly again (couple pages a month right now?) I kinda wanted to pimp it out. The story is getting into some interesting morality stuff now.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
O Human Star made me cry tonight, folks.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Mikl posted:

Yes. More people need to read this comic. So, so good.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Bremma posted:

Can't remember if this one has been mentioned here but I've been digging Serious Engineering for a bit. Not sure how to describe it without spoiling but it's a really interesting story involving a girl's journey to make use of her skills at robotics and leaving her old life behind. Art's great and they recently redid some of the older content to remove and change a few points to make the story flow better and now that it's updating somewhat regularly again (couple pages a month right now?) I kinda wanted to pimp it out. The story is getting into some interesting morality stuff now.

This is some powerful poo poo, thanks for pumping it.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Bremma posted:

Huh, I remember Bunny Meat getting posted in this thread a couple years ago that I think was related? Only just started to actually read this though. I like it so far. It took some getting used to but I quite like everyone but Corelle using all caps. Like everyone is just slightly the wrong volume.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Tenebrais posted:

Huh, I remember Bunny Meat getting posted in this thread a couple years ago that I think was related? Only just started to actually read this though. I like it so far. It took some getting used to but I quite like everyone but Corelle using all caps. Like everyone is just slightly the wrong volume.

Yeah, Bunny Meat is actually by the same guys and exists in the Serious Engineering universe (and the pseudonym author in fact shows up brefily in a few pages so far)

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
A few months ago someone posted a pretty good ongoing comic about aliens infiltrating a suburb. Ring any bells?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Dr Christmas posted:

A few months ago someone posted a pretty good ongoing comic about aliens infiltrating a suburb. Ring any bells?

The Neighbors, by R.L. Thull. I've been following it since it was linked here, and it's good!

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

The latest page of Questionable Content is a remarkable exercise in being juuuuust conscious enough of social issues to realize the cliche is bad, but not enough to not think you can still just do the cliche.
Plus, an Authentic Experience in the Developing World cured someone's mental illness.

It's not a good look.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
You might say the content of this strip is... questionable.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I don't read QC, and I don't begrudge anyone who does, but I just looked at that page, and man, that's one of the single most insipid things I've ever read.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

stop giving qc clicks

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trying to imagine giving enough of a poo poo about jeph jacques to actively avoid giving the guy engagement or ads or w/e but also to post the art so as to show it to all

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Years later, Hipster Marmaduke continues to be the best way to troll this thread.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Well, that is transcendent but not in the way Jeph thinks.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tollymain posted:

trying to imagine giving enough of a poo poo about jeph jacques to actively avoid giving the guy engagement or ads or w/e but also to post the art so as to show it to all

i went to his website so you didn't have to

i'm jesus on the cross, basically. practically no difference at all

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

If QC didn't just load straight into my rss I don't think I would make the effort to click through for the comic.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Mikl posted:

*binges from the beginning*

Well.

drat.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
more like jeph jokes

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
does he have that as a url yet

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Joe Slowboat posted:

The latest page of Questionable Content is [...] not a good look.

ftfy plus now you can repost it 5 days a week

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

jephs' art seesaws between bad and good a lot recently, I don't know why. I stopped reading the comic forever ago though and I'm a better person for it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

i went to his website so you didn't have to

i'm jesus on the cross, basically. practically no difference at all
I am your Judas.

I like QC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
QC isn't the most groundbreaking or prettiest comic, but I enjoy it too. :colbert: