Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Holy poo poo this moved fast. I'll have my picks in a few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Jonathan Huberdeau for the KINGS

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

This makes me feel gross but I'll select Sean Monahan.

Next up:
JawKnee (until 8:15 PM EST)
Kuule hain nussivan
FBS
lazerwolf
Mamma Lucia

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kilza posted:

This makes me feel gross but I'll select Sean Monahan.

Eh sure, he's not the two-way phenom folks think/thought he was but that kid is good for 30 goals and on a great contract.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Edmonton takes Gabriel Landeskog and William Nylander.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
God drat Kilza swooping in and taking Monahan right before I could. Gonna take me a few to figure out my pick

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

I will select Tomas Hertl. It's possible he'll regress, but hopefully last season is an indication of what his prime years will be with top line minutes. And I need a C

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Kuule hain nussivan you're up

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
drat, I was hoping we could make the Oilers take Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Kuule hain nussivan (9:12 PM EST)
FBS
lazerwolf
Mamma Lucia
fawning deference
Jordan7hm

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
FBS is up now. Kuule hain nussivan is skipped.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

JawKnee posted:

I will select Tomas Hertl. It's possible he'll regress, but hopefully last season is an indication of what his prime years will be with top line minutes. And I need a C

I almost went with Hertl for the Czech connection and because he's awesome but as good as he is I can't see him replicating the 70+ points if production dips across the league.
That was a tough choice too, because he's got the hands.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I hope I get to pick tonight

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

drat, that went quick. I can do in between picks since my original pick was skipped right? If so, the Avs select that Miro Heiskanen who will probably not bust completely.

In case I can't, I'll clear my row from the spreadsheet.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

The Anaheim Ducks are quite pleased to select Mark Stone.

Management would like to take this moment to reaffirm their support for all free agents to sign with whatever organization they wish, within the confines of the Collective Bargaining Agreement; and to state that the front office harbors no ill will towards any player who chooses to commit to a shiftless expansion team in the desert primarily for tax reasons rather than joining their plucky hometown franchise at a steep, steep discount.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Stone kicks rear end, he was one of two players I was hoping to snag.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

drat, that went quick. I can do in between picks since my original pick was skipped right? If so, the Avs select that Miro Heiskanen who will probably not bust completely.

In case I can't, I'll clear my row from the spreadsheet.

Yes, that's perfectly fine! As long as you make the pick, whether it's in your 2 hour window or after if you get skipped, it's all good!

Next up:
lazerwolf (until 12:00 PM EST)
Mamma Lucia
fawning deference
Jordan7hm
EL BROMANCE

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Let's kick this day off. Vegas selects Vladimir Tarasenko

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

I'm on mobile so I can't fill in the spreadsheet, but the New York Islanders select Ryan Johansen.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Had a slim hope that Stone or Tarasenko might slip back to me. Well I figured Stone probably wouldn't but people seemed to be overlooking Vladdy.

Good picks.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I can't let Ryan O'Reilly pass me by. I thought he would have been picked already - maybe he doesn't quite put up 77 points again but he does everything extremely well, chews up minutes, is on a great contract, and just had a hell of a season.

He also pushes Hughes down and gives me a very satisfying 1C-2C.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

O'Reilly was another C I looked hard at yesterday, and ultimately decided against for my 2nd pick, but it was a near thing.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

I definitely considered him, but I like Johansen's fancies better.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Johansen is super good too, but O'Reilly just takes so much pressure off of the rest of your team because he plays insane minutes and is outstanding defensively, and is better at goal-scoring than Jo. I guess it depends on need though, because again, giving Hughes all the minutes against top competition at 18 would be way too risky, even though I think he's a 60-70pt player off the bat, so sliding him into the 2C slot is much better for me.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I’m going to take Erik Karlsson. I don’t care how much money he makes, he’s worth every penny.

Last year was an anomaly for him in terms of shooting percentage and production and I think he’ll come back guns blazing after an injury plagued year.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jordan7hm posted:

I’m going to take Erik Karlsson. I don’t care how much money he makes, he’s worth every penny.

Last year was an anomaly for him in terms of shooting percentage and production and I think he’ll come back guns blazing after an injury plagued year.

I agree with all of this but also think his prime years are likely behind him. Still an amazing asset and I think he puts up 60-70pts this year.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

With the 54th pick, the Florida Fancycats take Jake Guentzel who will be sent back to Omaha if he doesn't repeat last year.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

EL BROMANCE posted:

With the 54th pick, the Florida Fancycats take Jake Guentzel who will be sent back to Omaha if he doesn't repeat last year.

Jake owns. He wasn't even on the first powerplay that much last year, and with Kessel gone he figures to get more time there this year.

I'm pretty sure you just greatly disappointed Jordan though who I'm sure would have been springing on him with his next pick if he lasted that long.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ginette Reno posted:

Jake owns. He wasn't even on the first powerplay that much last year, and with Kessel gone he figures to get more time there this year.

I'm pretty sure you just greatly disappointed Jordan though who I'm sure would have been springing on him with his next pick if he lasted that long.

I love Jake... but I wasn’t expecting him to still be around.

I would have been disappointed in all of you if he was. Guy is just an awesome hockey player.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I love Jake but I don't think he repeats last season. I could see him doing 30-30 pretty consistently though.
That said I think there are some more dynamic forwards still on the table that I'd have taken over him but he's for sure a really smart player

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Time zone what?

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Teemun has until 1:04 PM est

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I didn't have daylight savings enabled for some reason, which I probably should have noticed earlier what with the entire hour difference.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Teemu wants Phil Kessel.

With great apologies to Aye Doc, Fat Phil is a Ranger.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Let's try this again.

Matthew Tkachuk, nearly PPG 21-year-old gritty goalscoringy pest with the fanciest of fancies. Please sign for less than Marner money.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm going to take Pierre-Luc Dubois because I need a first line center and he's a proven contributor who just turned 21, so there's room for growth too.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Hailing from the great city of Toronto, Mark Giordano will be the anchor of the Dallas defense. He’s getting up there in age but his Norris-winning season suggests he has plenty of game left. And Ontario beauties are known to age with grace.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

drew doughty for the balding team. doesn't matter how long these fellas let it grow, still going bald.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm gonna go with Nico Hischier

MacKinnon/Hischier seems p good down the middle

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll go with Jamie Benn. Hopefully he can find a way to keep up with McDavid. If not he can just own on his own line I guess.