Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What regions belong in the Pacific Northwest?
Alaska, US
British Columbia, CA
Washington, US
Oregon, US
Idaho, US
Montana, US
Wyoming, US
California, US (MODS PLEASE BAN ANYONE VOTING FOR THIS OPTION TIA)
View Results

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

BrandorKP posted:

Overhead that 4 or 5 people were on administrative leave for the shooting. And that the guy was trying to start a fire around some propane tanks.

That black site in Tacoma is bonkers, been there forever. Been protested at since the Bush years, I can only imagine how much worse it has gotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

https://twitter.com/generalissima_/status/1150496162429825024?s=19

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

This seems a little odd given the masculine pronoun usage in the manifesto that was just found. Or am i just being dumb/bad.

Edit: Yeah the thread is being updated and it looks like this isnt quite true. Always remember that anything that gets sourced back to FB in the first week or so might be bullshit.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 14, 2019

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Seems to have been an alias to avoid doxxing

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

The public deadname post on Facebook makes that odd if that is the case. But yeah there's still info coming out.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Cis or trans, a sad loss either way.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

well she spun her dumb take into a blog post

https://twitter.com/kittypurrzog/status/1150912341199863808?s=21

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Is she this pedantic about everything? I mean if so, maybe this is a good faith whatever, but I have this feeling she isn't at all consistent on how careful we all need to be with our words.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

quote:

It's the story you've all been waiting for!
Who's been waiting for this poo poo?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Jackard posted:

Who's been waiting for this poo poo?

I'm guessing she received some hot takes about her stance that "well ackshually Epstein isn't a pedophile he's a ...."

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

pseudanonymous posted:

Is she this pedantic about everything? I mean if so, maybe this is a good faith whatever, but I have this feeling she isn't at all consistent on how careful we all need to be with our words.

This is just the state of media, she was probably encouraged to write an article since her tweet “went viral”. It doesn’t matter if that’s her real life stance, her job is merely to generate traffic. That’s why aggregators like Reddit and Facebook are full of bullshit like this, they’re optimized for outrage, it generates the most “engagement”.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Learning not to click on things you know are going to piss you off is a great skill to develop in life.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Javid posted:

Learning not to click on things you know are going to piss you off is a great skill to develop in life.

Oh my, I hadn’t considered that, it’s just a problem of personal responsibility! It’s not like these media companies are designed take advantage of basic human behaviors to generate ad revenue, right?

Instead of blaming individuals for reacting to poo poo designed to make them react, maybe we could hold our media to a higher standard? Is that asking too much?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Yeah, we can stand here disapproving of them all day, but they're not going to do a single thing different until it stops being profitable for them. Unrestrained capitalism was a mistake.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

You hold them to a higher standard by denying them page views and ad revenue.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

pseudorandom name posted:

You hold them to a higher standard by denying them page views and ad revenue.

An Army Of One

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Just not clicking on ragebait posts will help your own sanity, and every person who does it makes it just a tiny little bit less profitable.

Or you can continue being angry at companies for producing media you're willingly consuming, I guess.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I try to stay away from deliberately inflammatory content, that’s why I spend my time on Twitter

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Javid posted:

Just not clicking on ragebait posts will help your own sanity, and every person who does it makes it just a tiny little bit less profitable.

Or you can continue being angry at companies for producing media you're willingly consuming, I guess.

Who says I’m consuming it? I only heard about this poo poo from this thread, but even if it wasn’t brought up here there are more than enough people consuming this poo poo to keep the system working as-is. Individuals not consuming it doesn’t change the quality of the product, there’s no reason to believe that sitting here lamenting the lack of personal responsibility will change a drat thing.

It turns out the free market doesn’t care about the well being of the masses. The free market will always settle at the bottom, because the risk is low and the reward is great.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
who is going to be the next governor of washington?

any rumors going?

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

any rumors going?

It's a little early to say I'd think

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

any rumors going?

The Angry Spirit of Rainier, unshackled its bonds.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

any rumors going?

Bob Ferguson is probably a front runner considering he's made a name for himself as state AG.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

any rumors going?

A fellow named Gray Grinslee, who looks suspiciously like Jay Inslee with a mustache.

E: gently caress you autocorrect

foobardog fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jul 17, 2019

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

RuanGacho posted:

The Angry Spirit of Rainier, unshackled its bonds.

It'll be mad we haven't changed it back to Tahoma yet.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
So Rick Larsen has (finally) come out in favor of impeaching Trump. How many others in the PNW are calling for this now?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Pramilla Jayapal and Adam Smith (lol) have come out for it on the WA house reps side. Not sure about OR though.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

helpful guide of who NOT to vote for

https://twitter.com/seattlesuckspod/status/1154855661005488128?s=21

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Pramilla Jayapal and Adam Smith (lol) have come out for it on the WA house reps side. Not sure about OR though.

So according to KUOW this morning all the Dems in Washington have come out in favor of impeachment. gently caress Pelosi for wasting a great chance last week.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Solkanar512 posted:

So according to KUOW this morning all the Dems in Washington have come out in favor of impeachment. gently caress Pelosi for wasting a great chance last week.

*except cantwell: https://www.thestranger.com/slog/20...-maria-cantwell

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Tavel has the support of all the local small business owners so, naturally, gently caress that dude.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Tavel has the support of all the local small business owners so, naturally, gently caress that dude.

Solomon is a loving pig, Orion let the Capitol Hill Chamber of Commerce.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

seiferguy posted:

Bob Ferguson is probably a front runner considering he's made a name for himself as state AG.

I'd happily vote for him.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Hey, looks like some grocery store workers are getting some bullshit in their negotiations. Saw some of them out demonstrating for awareness (not a strike yet) in front of Safeway in Seattle. Here's a link to pledge support:

https://www.ufcw21.org/united

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

George posted:

Hey, looks like some grocery store workers are getting some bullshit in their negotiations. Saw some of them out demonstrating for awareness (not a strike yet) in front of Safeway in Seattle. Here's a link to pledge support:

https://www.ufcw21.org/united

I have been a member of 21 and another local in the past. They're an absolute joke and it's going to end badly for the members.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

Kroger/Fred Meyer stores in Portland are likely striking in August, on that note.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

God drat it.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol. this happened in issaquah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m61BuRO5A14

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

im on the net me boys posted:

I have been a member of 21 and another local in the past. They're an absolute joke and it's going to end badly for the members.

What is the alternative at this point