Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gripweed posted:

yeah they haven't put out an episode in months

I guess the season ended? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

get that OUT of my face posted:

now that Dasha and Adam have broken up, i no longer feel compelled to listen to Red Scare or give them $5 a month for new episodes. the good insights there are constantly buried under a mountain of eye-rolling takes

Serious question, have you looked into cuckoldry and pay pigging?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1150135625812729861

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

now that Dasha and Adam have broken up, i no longer feel compelled to listen to Red Scare or give them $5 a month for new episodes. the good insights there are constantly buried under a mountain of eye-rolling takes

:frogout:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I am 5 episodes into Knowledge Fight and the pod is enjoyable. My only complaint is the hosts are so oblivious to who the Democrats and Republicans are.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i don't welcome the pile-on itt but i can't say i don't deserve it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
*looks down nose at u for paying money to an incorrect podcast*

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

you can use that five bucks on radio war nerd instead

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Just subscribed to it myself and started with the Inca episode. Im alreat feeling good about my purchase.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

what's it about?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Eat This Glob posted:

what's it about?

wars, history, current events. there might be better podcasts for those specific topics but RWN is more holistically informative. they contextualize everything to the present in a way that makes sense to a left wing sensibility.

http://www.patreon.com/posts/28283403

you can check out their episode previews. it’s been a while since they posted a free episode, but there’s a big backlog of those too.

e: https://www.patreon.com/posts/rwn-ep-64-repost-12256665

the scifi & fascism episode is probably the GOAT, so give that one a shot if you try any of them.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 04:15 on Jul 14, 2019

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

wars, history, current events. there might be better podcasts for those specific topics but RWN is more holistically informative. they contextualize everything to the present in a way that makes sense to a left wing sensibility.

you can check out their episode previews. it’s been a while since they posted a free episode, but there’s a big backlog of those too.

the scifi & fascism episode is probably the GOAT, so give that one a shot if you try any of them.

I subbed recently after hearing Dolan on Chapo (and to fill space since I finally caught up to Revolutions) and pretty much immediately I'm saying it was a good call. It's nice to hear a show about the military and geopolitics that acknowledges that the CIA exists and does bad things

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
https://twitter.com/CHAPOTRAPHOUSE/status/1150264754772041728?s=19

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

nice. i was asking earnestly and it sounds up my ally a lot

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Ilhan is best chapo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I listened to the first couple episodes of Ballin' Out Super. It was pretty funny, but they kept insulting the franchise, which was weird and annoying. Not like, "this specific thing was bad" but general "lol garbage show" or "It's better if you watch the Japanese because then you can't understand the stupid plot!". Do they ever get over themselves and admit that it's a good show that they unironically like, or does the irony shield stay up for the next 100+ episodes?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

can doubly recommend Radio War Nerd, it's deeply informative and Dolan does his best to present what is being spoken through folks who have been to places, currently, or the research that he's done to put it into a present context, historically.

plus every episode is like two hours and more long, so it's worth the subscribe

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gripweed posted:

I listened to the first couple episodes of Ballin' Out Super. It was pretty funny, but they kept insulting the franchise, which was weird and annoying. Not like, "this specific thing was bad" but general "lol garbage show" or "It's better if you watch the Japanese because then you can't understand the stupid plot!". Do they ever get over themselves and admit that it's a good show that they unironically like, or does the irony shield stay up for the next 100+ episodes?

nah they like the show, you'll see quite a few 7's given out later on. it's the premium dragonball (GT?) eps where they cannot stand what they're watching

i'm pretty sure they're just mad that absolutely nothing happens and no time elapses for multiple episodes to begin super

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

"I was paying a podcaster to be that cumtown guy's girlfriend" is legit the funniest post I've read in weeks

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

imagining being in a polycule with your waifu dasha and her gay boyfriend is a way more sane reason to back red scare on patreon than actually enjoying listening to red scare

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i put my freed $5 to something that isn't a podcast because i need less of them, not more. i got a hell of a backlog

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Had a similar experience in the chapo thread. Premium podcasts are late stage capitalism as hell, what's up buddy.

Dasha and/or Anna are really going method on the Meriam Webster style of finding God via self help books. It is a masterful recreation if character work, a case study if she is a true believer.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
someone recommended this to me

for everyone out there who's banged their heads against Marx's Capital and come away reeling, there's finally an explainer in pod form!

https://anchor.fm/proles-book-club

i know david harvey exists, but this one is more engaging since its a group discussion instead of dry lectures.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I have chosen to take the form of a Red Scare listener, in which I am rolling around on the floor screaming while pissing myself

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

mila kunis posted:

someone recommended this to me

for everyone out there who's banged their heads against Marx's Capital and come away reeling, there's finally an explainer in pod form!

https://anchor.fm/proles-book-club

i know david harvey exists, but this one is more engaging since its a group discussion instead of dry lectures.

Looking forward to this. Thanks!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
the one thing I still don’t quite get from that first big periodical piece in red scare was that there existed a fan made recap podcast for it

mind you no one should check it out, but still so many questions and no answers!

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
https://twitter.com/CourtneySoliday/status/1151020799496728576?s=19

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The stuff coal mine stuff that Tanya was talking about on the paid Trillbillies this week is kind of unreal hosed up. The company stopped paying into their 401ks, HSAs (no insurance, because coal miners), and even wasn't holding money out for loving child support for THREE MONTHS and then declared bankruptcy the day before the 4th of July. They're finding out about all that after the fact, and also after the last paychecks bounced for those who had direct deposit once the banks figured out they weren't getting money. Made my blood completely boil

I do like that there's a conspiracy theory that the coal dipshit that died a few weeks ago maaaaaaaay have been shot down by angry Bahamians though, that's the feel-good poo poo

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i ought to recommend Trillbillies to one of my friends. she lives in Oklahoma, she returned there a couple years ago after making getting the gently caress out of there her first priority when she got a divorce in her mid-30s. that state's politics has disgruntled her like nothing else

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
did Current Affairs go after red scare in their opener?

just doing vocal fry and bad politics

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Serf has a podcast :shobon:

https://soundcloud.com/user-754801299

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

current affairs has a podcast? :O

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

current affairs has a podcast? :O

it's really bad, sometimes it has early-chapo-tier audio

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

That was my impression

Current Affairs is corny sometimes and I'm frankly uncomfortable with the amount of Harvard grads they have on their podcast but I'm not gonna pretend red Scare/Amber haven't earned this treatment lol. If their skin is as thick as they want everyone else's to be it shouldn't be a problem.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would be forever grateful to Red Scare if they were able to make Current Affairs collapse due to this dumb beef. Still wouldn't listen, but you'd never hear me utter a bad word about them to anyone.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Did Current Affairs err in some way besides having an occasionally silly segment on their show

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

I've missed all the amber/red scare stuff (I dont listen to red scare). is there an article that explains it well? amber gettin' cancelled or what?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Deified Data posted:

Did Current Affairs err in some way besides having an occasionally silly segment on their show

Didn't they or maybe it was just Nathan Robinson publish some dumb poo poo about how Bernie should give away all his money

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I mean it's not like he shouldn't.

But not until the others do first.

Haven't read this article though. The worst part about CA is how bougie it seems but they all seem to have their hearts in the right place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

I've missed all the amber/red scare stuff (I dont listen to red scare). is there an article that explains it well? amber gettin' cancelled or what?

Nowadays everyone exists in a state of both cancelled and uncancelled at all times, you can only know for sure by observing and collapsing the wave function

Schrodinger's cancellation