Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Oh man Chubbybots did a rework of the War Machine Buster and I did it and love it but he reworked it again and it’s even chunkier. I may have to do a tear down and rebuild.

https://youtu.be/RrJZonDj-bw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Unless there's some regional weirdness, today only there's a sale on the Pirate Roller Coaster.

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.
Hot Dog Cart is only a dollar for some Walmarts it seems:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=949318488

With it being a polybag, I suspect most of them were stolen. I don't think the accuracy is going to be high but it may be worth a look for some?

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

For those like me who missed it first time round.

I think they made a mistake. The license plate on the Trans Am should read BAN ONE.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Walmart has Voltron for 25% off.

Talk me off the ledge, people!

Also the Parisian Restaurant, Mack Truck, Ninjago City...

Habibi fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jul 14, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Habibi posted:

Walmart has Voltron for 25% off.

Talk me off the ledge, people!
dive. headfirst, even.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

dive. headfirst, even.

It was in my cart before I even posted :smith:

e: UCS Y-Wing also 25% off. Going to send my Amazon order back, I guess. They don't price match, right?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Got to talking to a Lego store manager today and he said that the new VIP section is going to be getting sdcc exclusives and past gift with purchase sets from many years ago that can be redeemed for points.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So it's to clear out their warehouse of old stuff?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cojawfee posted:

So it's to clear out their warehouse of old stuff?

And give you less for your buck. Old $20 value freebie set will cost $100 in points. Conjecture.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
There’s one up there already for 500 points. The VIP card/mini-store set, 40178.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Probably. Not sure what that bat pod was valued at originally But it cost like 120 in points.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The_Doctor posted:

There’s one up there already for 500 points. The VIP card/mini-store set, 40178.

I knew I shouldn't have blown all my points on coloring sheets.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The_Doctor posted:

drat that was a free set with $50 purchase, plus you got whatever points you earned still. LEGO gettin cheap.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The_Doctor posted:

So only $4 or so? Wow.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Prime Day Lego deals suck for the most part but the Solo Falcon is $83. Which I guess is a pretty great deal if you want to own a stupid looking version of the Millennium Falcon.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
<.04/piece on that friends tree house if anyone needs some moc fodder Or has a little girl etc.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=41335-1

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I just won a Space Police Galactic Mediator set on eBay, and now the seller wants to switch from USPS to FedEx for shipping. Is this a scam?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Yiggy posted:

<.04/piece on that friends tree house if anyone needs some moc fodder Or has a little girl etc.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=41335-1

Good call - picked up three. One for said little girl. One for pieces (orange door? hell yeah!). One for the stash of low-mid range clearance sets I buy for half off and keep in the garage for the yearly parade of children's friend's birthdays.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
these two sets I linked to earlier on the lego store that are 75% off are jam packed full of parts, there's like 3 pounds of all sorts of great little parts in various pastel colors, it's great. Plus, a big rabbit, baby rabbit, and hamster animal minifigs!!!

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=40307-1
https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=40264-1

and a lot of the parts are itty bitty which means there's a bunch of extras too lol

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
Picked up the Saturn V for 95 bucks CAD on amazon.ca today, not sure if it also applies to the US. Gonna have to clear some room for this mofo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

Prime Day Lego deals suck for the most part but the Solo Falcon is $83. Which I guess is a pretty great deal if you want to own a stupid looking version of the Millennium Falcon.

It actually owns though.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think the VIP changeover is screwy for me. I tried to get to the VIP page but was just loading eternally both times I tried.

veni veni veni posted:

Sounds like a good thing to make it easier to support the walkout stuff. :v:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The recolor is kind of neat but I’m not on board with goofy escape pod. I guess you can just pull that out though.

Overall I’ve just never really been impressed with Legos MF falcon play sets more than anything though. I mean, they aren’t terrible and I have the TFA one but I think the whole build could use a rework to represent the ship better. The proportions are so funky and it could use some more detail imo.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
Most of the great deals seemed to have been pushed out through Amazon over the last two weeks in the run up to prime. Generally it was leftover ‘18 inventory.

If you haven’t used amazon assistant browser extension before you can add it now for a $10 promo credit off of 50+ sets. You can get that 3 in 1 roller coaster down to 47.99 from 89.99 which is the lowest price I’ve seen anywhere on that. I was able to cart it on a laptop browser to make the promo work and then check out through the app after tagging Ibotta so if that works it’ll shave a few more small % off.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

veni veni veni posted:

The recolor is kind of neat but I’m not on board with goofy escape pod. I guess you can just pull that out though.

Overall I’ve just never really been impressed with Legos MF falcon play sets more than anything though. I mean, they aren’t terrible and I have the TFA one but I think the whole build could use a rework to represent the ship better. The proportions are so funky and it could use some more detail imo.

I don’t have pictures of it anymore, but I had the last pre-TFA Falcon set and completely redid the mandibles and closed some of the gaps and it actually looked pretty decent. My biggest issue with Falcon sets is that they’ve all been nearly identical for the last ten years. Just abandon the flowering open-top design and give us something new that looks a little better.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

I agree 100%, I have the TFA and Solo Falcons because I like the ship a lot and I appreciate it's interior is somewhat modeled and it's a cool little playset but there's a lot of useless space and there's things like the hallway to the cockpit being solid and the gaps in the top that bug me, I was hoping that the USC Falcon was going to be a giant playset with a completely accurate interior. It barely having any interior is criminal for a set that expensive. If the whole thing was modeled out that set would have been an instant buy.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Oxyclean posted:

I think the VIP changeover is screwy for me. I tried to get to the VIP page but was just loading eternally both times I tried.

Had that happen to me too, until I turned off content blockers. :what:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The UCS Falcon not having a full interior is kind of a mixed bag. I understand why it doesn't have a 100% complete interior because of the way its built, it needs supports in the middle and there was no way the hallway from the cockpit was happening. even the exterior of it is a facade. But the build does leave 4 large compartments inside and it's baffling why LEGO decided to build only 2 of them out and leave the other 2 empty. What is there is good though. it would honestly be really easy to build out the other 2 compartments custom, but personally I'm not willing to gently caress around with a set that expensive.

In the end it's so drat unwieldy that I never really pull the panels off for the interior anyways. Just moving it around is harrowing since it weighs like 30 lbs and is extremely fragile. . I can't imagine it ever working as a playset style set.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I don’t have pictures of it anymore, but I had the last pre-TFA Falcon set and completely redid the mandibles and closed some of the gaps and it actually looked pretty decent. My biggest issue with Falcon sets is that they’ve all been nearly identical for the last ten years. Just abandon the flowering open-top design and give us something new that looks a little better.

Yeah the mandibles are the biggest thing that makes it look bad. I don't mind the flowering top but it needs to be built up more. Honeslty I've been thinking about just redoing my TFA one for a while now since it's one of my least favorite sets I have. I'm sort of neurotic about loving with official builds on my SW stuff unless I have 2 of them though, which has prevented me from doing it. That set has about 80% of the parts needed to make an awesome regular scale falcon though. I should probably just say gently caress it and do it, because it would be fun to do and have it actually look nice regardless of whether or not it's "official".

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

veni veni veni posted:

The UCS Falcon not having a full interior is kind of a mixed bag. I understand why it doesn't have a 100% complete interior because of the way its built, it needs supports in the middle and there was no way the hallway from the cockpit was happening. even the exterior of it is a facade. But the build does leave 4 large compartments inside and it's baffling why LEGO decided to build only 2 of them out and leave the other 2 empty. What is there is good though. it would honestly be really easy to build out the other 2 compartments custom, but personally I'm not willing to gently caress around with a set that expensive.

In the end it's so drat unwieldy that I never really pull the panels off for the interior anyways. Just moving it around is harrowing since it weighs like 30 lbs and is extremely fragile. . I can't imagine it ever working as a playset style set.

Yeah, I've seen people lift the drat thing and it bends a lot, definitely not really playset material but I just expect the best of the best when you're paying out the rear end for the most expensive LEGO set of the most iconic spaceship in all of sci-fi. I just really wanted that whole interior modeled and I'd have my minifigs partying and shooting the poo poo on the deck of the Falcon. Would be soo drat good.

Also, what parts of the Falcon have compartments without anything in them? I never built it and I haven't seen a timelapse, but there's parts that could have worked for more details that go unused?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Basically the whole thing is built on a t shaped technic Frame and then surrounded by facade, leaving 3 (not 4 I was mistaken. One of them is used up by the cockpit area) areas for interior. The whole left side of the ship is pretty much as built out with interior as much as it could be. But the right side is just left inexplicably empty. I think if they had just allotted like 200 parts to build an interior for that one area people wouldn’t have thought it looked so incomplete. Because that’s really the only leftover space they could have built in without reinventing the entire build and probably causing it to be even more prohibitively expensive.

I just use it as a storage compartment for bits that fell off and I couldn’t figure out where they went lol.

Also it’s not actually saggy if you pick it up right , which is by the base. It’s actually built very well it’s just not playable at all.

VVVVthat's what I get for trying to get anything to work from my phone.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 16, 2019

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:cmon:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I am flat broke and still purchased the $86 amazon prime day falcon (solo version). It will go under the Christmas tree with a gift tag reading from a rich relative who would plausibly have bought it.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

What a piece of junk!

(I'm about to start Bags 7 on mine!)

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

no broccoli please posted:

Picked up the Saturn V for 95 bucks CAD on amazon.ca today, not sure if it also applies to the US. Gonna have to clear some room for this mofo.

I couldn't believe it when I saw that but sure enough it's out for delivery tomorrow so :woop:

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

Voltron set is up on prime day as a lightning deal. 20% off.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish it was easier to buy bulk LEGO online at a fair price. Like, sometimes I just want to buy a box of random Lego, sorted by color, by the pound. And afaik the only place to get that is eBay where most of the sellers are greedy turds asking wayyy too much.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

veni veni veni posted:

I wish it was easier to buy bulk LEGO online at a fair price. Like, sometimes I just want to buy a box of random Lego, sorted by color, by the pound. And afaik the only place to get that is eBay where most of the sellers are greedy turds asking wayyy too much.

Years ago, we sold off a couple buckets of Lego mish mash at a garage sale for really cheap, we just needed everything out of the basement so we just put $15 each on them. Dude buys them then keeps coming back to my mom's house demanding we check our basement for more because he said there were numerous incomplete sets mixed in and he wanted the missing parts so he could sell them as complete.
He was totally insane and I blame bricks on it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

tell him you ate them as a dumb kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Synthbuttrange posted:

tell him you ate them as a dumb kid

Even better.

"I buried them in the back yard when I was a kid because I thought it'd grow a Lego tree."