Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I read Masters of Doom twice and loved it so I figured I’d finally read the other book from that author.

Bought a Smallrig cage for my Panasonic G7 to slowly accumulate accessories

Edit: found someone selling a top handle for cheap so gently caress it, treat yourself!

Coffee And Pie has a new favorite as of 01:17 on Jul 13, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
So I stopped by the store on the way home today because I received a circular in the mail and some of these sales were pretty darn good (ribeye for 6.99/lb). I decided to pick up a package of those cotton candy grapes that I saw some goons talking about, and, wow. It's exactly what it says on the tin.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Aramek posted:

So I stopped by the store on the way home today because I received a circular in the mail and some of these sales were pretty darn good (ribeye for 6.99/lb). I decided to pick up a package of those cotton candy grapes that I saw some goons talking about, and, wow. It's exactly what it says on the tin.

Yeah, those are fun to try! Grats on the cheap meat, too.

I bought a bunch of Hot Pockets today because there was a decent sale.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

There's another repress of this so I thought I'd pick it up

And more old school athletic socks

Though I'm leaving for Chile for two months in a couple of days and won't see any of it until I get back. Oh well.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Prime day, consumerism is evil, etc etc.

*Doggo not included

mmm11105
Apr 27, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

Thanks for pointing out that this got re-pressed, just ordered one myself

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

ReidRansom posted:

And more old school athletic socks

Though I'm leaving for Chile for two months in a couple of days and won't see any of it until I get back. Oh well.

I have the strongest visualisation of you wearing the socks whilst listening to this album

wearing *only* the socks.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Shut up Meg posted:

But all five at once. On different limbs.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

ReidRansom posted:

Super jealous because I missed this -again-. I need to have a friend hit up the HMV in Shibuya because they always seem to keep a stock of it there.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Xenoletum posted:

Super jealous because I missed this -again-. I need to have a friend hit up the HMV in Shibuya because they always seem to keep a stock of it there.

https://neoncityrecords.bandcamp.com/album/sailorwave

Shows in stock as of this post.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

I only checked the picture album like a moron. Snatched. Hell yes.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I've literally never watched sailor moon but I bought one too.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

SpartanIvy posted:

I've literally never watched sailor moon but I bought one too.

It really has little to do with Sailor Moon outside of maybe a few voice clips from the Japanese version, otherwise it's some solid future funk and a good investment as these small printings only seem to hold or go up in value.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Xenoletum posted:

It really has little to do with Sailor Moon outside of maybe a few voice clips from the Japanese version, otherwise it's some solid future funk and a good investment as these small printings only seem to hold or go up in value.

I think I learned about this label from you, so I'm glad you (and everyone else who grabbed one) were able to pick it up.

Shut up Meg posted:

I have the strongest visualisation of you wearing the socks whilst listening to this album

Bottom Liner posted:

But all five at once. On different limbs.

And now I have listening plans for September when I get back.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

ReidRansom posted:

I think I learned about this label from you, so I'm glad you (and everyone else who grabbed one) were able to pick it up.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable vinyl pressing of CHAM! by Macross, so far Sailorwave 1 and 2 got pressings, Million Miles Away has two pressings. CHAM! has to be next for a pressing and that's the one album that got me into the artist, and ultimately into this future funk genre.

This one finally came in the mail the other day, after months of waiting.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

x4 cause they were 4/$2 at CVS. :smug:

Making sure I don't end up in this scenario:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMUZ2sVjLfY

Also a bag of these cause CVS and Rite-Aid are the only places around me that sell them:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Hot Cheetos and Takis.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

DrBouvenstein posted:

x4 cause they were 4/$2 at CVS. :smug:

Making sure I don't end up in this scenario:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMUZ2sVjLfY

Also a bag of these cause CVS and Rite-Aid are the only places around me that sell them:

WinCo next to my house has all Arizona cans for $.42 (I prefer the zero Arnold Palmers) and I can't think of a single gas station here that doesn't sell Takis :smug:

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

1redflag posted:

When can we see how the shag carpeting looks?

As soon as I get the flames painted on the sides. 😛

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Hell yea, brother. Hell. YEA!

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

I wish they'd dial up the spice and dial down the lime flavor on those a bit. Crunchy fajita's probably my favorite flavor but not hot enough.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

big mean giraffe posted:

I wish they'd dial up the spice and dial down the lime flavor on those a bit. Crunchy fajita's probably my favorite flavor but not hot enough.

:same: big mood.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Finally upgrading my camera body after 9 years. Hoping it'll get me out there taking pictures consistently again like I used to. I mean, it kinda has to to justify the purchase.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

e: double post

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

:discourse:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

What did Mr. Cool Ice ever do to you?!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:perfect:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Been on a spending spree lately, thought I’d post up some of the random junk:

Bought some chipquick alloy for desoldering stuff

Some tacky flux in a syringe, new alcohol dispenser bottle with a needle tip, and a hakko omnivise:

Doom Guy lovely add on from and!xor:

Lotsa cool hardware and hacking challenges on it, and you can dick with the animations

New x6 objective lens for my mantis stereo compound scope:

[timg]https://spectraservices.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MW2612_large.jpg[timg]

Ring pro for the back door:

And technically about a month ago, but picked up a new motorcycle:

Along with a new helmet:

Also recently snagged a few bottles of Old Ezra 7 year:

And my absolute favorite, finally found a bottle of Forged Oak:

Sucks liking something that’ll never technically exist ever again

Oh, and picked up a Bluetooth arduino board and some odds and ends to swap the controller and convert my 1985 Model F keyboard to wireless Bluetooth:

Keyboard, for reference:

It’s a ten pound chonker that’s wholly incompatible with modern computers without completely rewriting the firmware and adapting the hardware.

And speaking of rear end backwards peripherals, bought a new trackball mouse to replace my Logitech thumb ball mouse:

It’s :pwn: but I love it. Between that and the janky keyboard, this virtually guarantees nobody will use my dock and gently caress with my chair settings during meetings :yeshaha:

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

OSU_Matthew posted:

And speaking of rear end backwards peripherals, bought a new trackball mouse to replace my Logitech thumb ball mouse:

It’s :pwn: but I love it. Between that and the janky keyboard, this virtually guarantees nobody will use my dock and gently caress with my chair settings during meetings :yeshaha:

How does it compare to the logitech? I tried out the logitech thumb ball and while it's OK I found myself wanting a larger, smoother rolling ball. With what looks like some extra buttons and scrollwheel on the side that actually looks pretty nifty.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Oneiros posted:

How does it compare to the logitech? I tried out the logitech thumb ball and while it's OK I found myself wanting a larger, smoother rolling ball. With what looks like some extra buttons and scrollwheel on the side that actually looks pretty nifty.

May I suggest

https://www.amazon.ca/Kensington-K7...ps%2C188&sr=8-6

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I never found a worthwhile replacement for my old Kensington Turbo Mouse trackball that had metal rollers. :rip:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

OSU_Matthew posted:

And my absolute favorite, finally found a bottle of Forged Oak:

Sucks liking something that’ll never technically exist ever again

I felt the same way about Rhetoric. But I agree that Forged Oak was the best they ever put out.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I had a very stressful June and July with regards to training and checking for a job related upgrade. It went very well and I got me a little bonus so I ordered a thing to help celebrate.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

I felt the same way about Rhetoric. But I agree that Forged Oak was the best they ever put out.

"They" don't put out anything. Most of the Orphan barrels in question were unlabelled leftovers from the Stitzel warehouses being passed around.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And Weller is just younger Pappy in a different part of the stackhouse. We're just rambling bourbon tidbits right?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Oneiros posted:

I really like it! Bit of a slow learning curve, but definitely a speed improvement. The thumb scroll and click is super intuitive, and for finer control I find myself just adding pressure onto the ball with my middle finger, which feels easy and intuitive until I get that muscle memory built out

Sharp! I really dig it!

Solice Kirsk posted:

And Weller is just younger Pappy in a different part of the stackhouse. We're just rambling bourbon tidbits right?

I personally can’t wait for the Jim Beam Fire Survivor(tm) bourbon release!

(For reference, lol

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Now that's an expensive bottle of bourbon. Christ, I like EH Taylor and everything, but there's no way I'd pay $4k for bottle. I don't care if a tornado delivered it to my house for that price.

Well, that would be cool, but still.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Rolo posted:

I had a very stressful June and July with regards to training and checking for a job related upgrade. It went very well and I got me a little bonus so I ordered a thing to help celebrate.

A good victory decision.

I don't like the riding position so I'll never get one, but I will say a lot of the sport/super bikes look :krad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bought a Dell XPS desktop because of the July sale for $1150. I like that the XPS tower is compact and easy to upgrade because you can open it and replace parts without any tools.

Core i5 9400 6 core processor
16 gigs RAM
1tb NVME SSD
Geforce GTX 1660Ti

Should be able to play pretty much anything on 1080p Ultra. Excited because I haven't really owned any gaming console or PC for like 7 years. I know I'll just be playing Diablo 3 though.