Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Arcsquad12 posted:

Keiko starts a school and nearly causes a religious schism on the space station for not including a space Catholic "wormhole aliens are Jesus" course.
Then in season 2 she goes so far the wrong direction when dealing with the cardassian orphan that O'Brien and the kid put aside their mutual prejudice because Keiko is the crazy one.

Lmao that episode owned, how hard did Keiko misread the room to replicate Cardassian food and get confused about why everyone was upset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

lmao

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah it’s definitely the schoolteacher’s fault a religious extremist bombed the school.

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

kieko was only really terrible on two occasions and o'brien was kind of a prick too

lost my old email
Jun 20, 2019

if i want to upset myself i think about what rick berman might have thought of the keiko character

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

We got two of the funniest Worf moments thanks to Keiko

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

lost my old email posted:

if i want to upset myself i think about what rick berman might have thought of the keiko character

Given Berman’s behavior, he probably just said it straight to Chao’s face

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I think Keiko at her worst was getting mad at OBrien for being hella uncomfortable with being intimate with a seven year old, but she was kinda going through some poo poo at the time what with being a seven year old suddenly, so I can give her a pass. I still think the school was a good idea even if she was just repeating lesson plans she read the night before.

But also oh my god it's so satisfying to dunk on their Hell Marriage because they couldn't be less compatible as people :allears:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Danaru posted:

Flotter T Water was cancelled hard after it turns out he was a giant blue supremacist. Imagine trying to explain to your kid why their kids program is telling them about securing a future for Bolian and Andorian children, and also freaking out about Jews. gently caress that guy.

I guess we should have seen it coming. He was programmed to be a huge Eiffel 65 fan.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

She didn't start poo poo that was all on Vedek Winn

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

She didn't start poo poo that was all on Vedek Winn

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm still mad about how dirty they did Bariel. :mad: He deserved better than Bajor.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Seems weird to me that guinan turned into a kid along with the others. If it aged them back X number of years and she’s lived a bajillion years shouldn’t she look the same?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Gutcruncher posted:

Seems weird to me that guinan turned into a kid along with the others. If it aged them back X number of years and she’s lived a bajillion years shouldn’t she look the same?

Good thing they didn't have Kes with them...

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Gutcruncher posted:

I haven't seen the episode in a long time, but maybe it just transformed them back to their child-states rather than a specific amount of years. :shrug:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Bogus Adventure posted:

I haven't seen the episode in a long time, but maybe it just transformed them back to their child-states rather than a specific amount of years. :shrug:

Yeah, if it was only a set number of years then they’d all be different ages and Picard probably wouldn’t have been a kid either.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Kes enters the transporter and comes out as an older child.

Neelix immediately dumps her

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Danaru posted:

I think Keiko at her worst was getting mad at OBrien for being hella uncomfortable with being intimate with a seven year old, but she was kinda going through some poo poo at the time what with being a seven year old suddenly, so I can give her a pass. I still think the school was a good idea even if she was just repeating lesson plans she read the night before.

But also oh my god it's so satisfying to dunk on their Hell Marriage because they couldn't be less compatible as people :allears:

I think there's maybe all of two brief moments in all of her appearances on TNG and DS9 where her sole reason for being isn't to make O'Brien's life miserable or difficult in some fashion for that episode's plot.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
oh cool it's that time again for another bunch of posts from people who think they're clever for making GBS threads on keiko

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
think we're overdue to relitigate seth macfarlane again though

(hey dude. yeah you, the person who is sick of seeing the word "relitigate". hey. sup)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I will go see the live action Mulan just so I can see Rosalind Chao have another hell marriage to another O'Brien.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

ok but how funny was the episode where Molly went back in time on bajor and came back 15 years older and feral and Miles and Keiko were like "well nothing else for it, we'd better throw her back into those woods"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Danaru posted:

I'm still mad about how dirty they did Bariel. :mad: He deserved better than Bajor.
bariel getting patched up and gradually going full robocop by bashir is the worst ending that character could have had, it is pretty much full on body horror

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

think we're overdue to relitigate seth macfarlane again though

(hey dude. yeah you, the person who is sick of seeing the word "relitigate". hey. sup)

He's a centrist piece of poo poo

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Bobby Deluxe posted:

bariel getting patched up and gradually going full robocop by bashir is the worst ending that character could have had, it is pretty much full on body horror

It's too bad he didn't have a personality or I might've cared. It's okay, an identical replacement comes back for... 2 or 3 appearances before they get rid of him too.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

He's a centrist piece of poo poo

You are the worst poster in this thread. He literally made a post mocking this kind of thing and you couldn't help yourself.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jul 17, 2019

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Bogus Adventure posted:

Yeah, it was something biochemical that specifically brought them out pre-puberty.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zesty posted:

You are the worst poster in this thread. He literally made a post mocking this kind of thing and you couldn't help yourself.

He is though

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Miss posted:

ok but how funny was the episode where Molly went back in time on bajor and came back 15 years older and feral and Miles and Keiko were like "well nothing else for it, we'd better throw her back into those woods"

Oh please, you're acting as if they didn't have a spare.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

all of those 'oh they will have a better life living natural' episodes are bullshit because of antibiotics

more than likely molly would die of a cut

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The Time Molly episode ending owns because I wish I could throw my child self through a portal and temporally annihilate myself

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

also how at no point does it occur to them that a time portal would be an ideal way of preventing the dominion and cardassians from getting as big a problem as they were

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

also how at no point does it occur to them that a time portal would be an ideal way of preventing the dominion and cardassians from getting as big a problem as they were

No one wants to deal with the time cops if they don’t have to.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

This is me whenever I start talking Bout Star Trek irl

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Maybe so, but his space show is more progressive than Star trek has been in like 20 years

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

But you absolutely should use the Orb of Time to check and make sure if Dukat really did gently caress your mother after he sent a prank phone call at 3am to tell you that he totally did.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Two of my favorite Dukat moments are him doing the ‘I hosed your mom’ call and also in ‘Civil Defense’ where he shows up on the station to gloat about the security system killing the DS9 crew only for him to get trapped because his superiors back then didn’t trust him and put in a fail safe if he tried to abandon his post

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the federation education system is probably very focused on the negative consequences of time travel. there's a very good chance of anyone who goes into space getting randomly dumped into an iteration of the past usa. doesn't matter if they were on the other side of the galaxy, it's the past, on earth, in the us.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

FlamingLiberal posted:

Two of my favorite Dukat moments are him doing the ‘I hosed your mom’ call and also in ‘Civil Defense’ where he shows up on the station to gloat about the security system killing the DS9 crew only for him to get trapped because his superiors back then didn’t trust him and put in a fail safe if he tried to abandon his post

Can I just point out how loving dead on Alaimo's "I'm totally getting owned in front of my friends and I'm trying to pretend it's no big deal but also they totally think I'm a weiner now youre not even my real dad" mannerisms were during that latter scene :allears: that episode ruled

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

peak dukat was him turning the lasers off, getting a cup of tea, and then turning them back on again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Bobby Deluxe posted:

peak dukat was him turning the lasers off, getting a cup of tea, and then turning them back on again

"Ah ah, Doctor :smuggo:"