Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

SickZip posted:

Every other party that Edwards tried to get testimony from lawyered the gently caress up and were able to give him literally nothing. None of the various connected elites had to give a poo poo about "saving" themselves a decade ago, they barely have to be concerned now. This was a fully lost cause back then.

ah yes the noble stoolie who gave up the bigger fish cuz he was scared. or maybe he had a change of heart after hanging out with a pedophile child sex czar and giving him 14 points of contact information after having time to realize raping kids is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BOOBIES posted:

You're right, I can't possibly live up to the quality of contribution you've made here. Tell us more about shoving things in your rear end.

Do you have any specific questions or are you just looking for general information?

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Einstein posted:

So I guess you just don't know what hearsay means or what actually constitutes proof. I'm not saying whether I personally think it is true or not, I'm only pointing out facts that you refuse to acknowledge.

theres very little on Trumps involvement that isn't unproven allegations, real suspicious circumstances, or hearsay but notice I dont start trying to pretend this is a court of law and saying people should automatically dismiss them. Which is consistent with my position. But you dont either which sure is mighty odd when compared to your attitude about this

I brought Epstein up on this forum years ago and posted some of those incriminating Trump connections when no one else was. that's because I'm hella consistent and suspicious of all narratives

SickZip fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 17, 2019

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I don't get what you're angling for here. All I've said is that there's no evidence Trump banned him. A guy that is anti-Epstein saying he heard it from another person isn't evidence and is in fact hearsay. Please show me where my double standard is.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Gonna start handing out sixers for bullshit posting again. Stop posting about posters.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Edit: A second too late. Maybe we are on the same wavelength, Burt. Hit me up in the PMs I have some ideas to get rich quick with no risk involved

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Even if the president did ban Epstein from Mar-a-Lago there are so many women who have come forward to describe inappropriate or predatory behavior on Trump's part toward teenage girls - not to mention the actual sexual assaults and rapes he's committed, the domestic abuse, etc. - that it's incredibly shortsighted to assume that somehow Donald Trump was exempted from this when so many other people especially in NY politics are being connected. There is such an overwhelming amount of evidence that the president attacks women that even if you could prove to me that he did ban Epstein from Mar-a-Lago it wouldn't change any of that, let alone Trump's hiring of Acosta and his other Epstein connections through things like his modeling agency.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Didn't Trump just ban Epstein because Epstein is a dipshit who can't control himself and perved on someone who actually matters' daughter who then complained to Trump about it so obviously Trump's hands were tied?

I mean how weak is "well, he banned Epstein from Mar-a-Lago... nearly a decade later..."

Guaranteed that conversation went "look I'll ban him from the place alright let's just leave it at that and not cause a scandal" and not "aha finally I have caught him, another piece of evidence to add to the list for when I finally throw the book at him......."

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't get what you're angling for here. All I've said is that there's no evidence Trump banned him. A guy that is anti-Epstein saying he heard it from another person isn't evidence and is in fact hearsay. Please show me where my double standard is.

A very reputable guy investigating the case saying he has a source is evidence. If he thought it was bullshit he wouldn't be bringing it up in court. But shockingly it can be hard to get people to go on record about this considering things like the guy who leaked Epstein's flight logs, who is the main reason we know so much about Epstein's powerful travel buddies, went to jail for longer then Epstein did and actually did real time as opposed to Epstein's part-time bullshit where he was basically just sentenced to sleeping in an uncomfortable bed since he could leave during the day and had terms so lenient it was entirely possible he hosed more children while serving his "sentence".

Would it be admissible in an actual trial? Probably not but thread/media favorites like this:

quote:

Trump was quoted in a Vanity Fair article about Epstein as saying "I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy." "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it - Jeffrey enjoys his social life."
Is just as equally a kind of evidence but not any kind of proof of anything illegal on either of their parts and not something that wouldn't be admissible in court unless the judge really hated you and your lawyer was garbage.

SickZip fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 17, 2019

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

SickZip posted:

A very reputable guy investigating the case saying he has a source is evidence. If he thought it was bullshit he wouldn't be bringing it up in court.

Yeah and in that same section he's heavily implying trump knew about or was involved

"Trump flew on Jeffrey Epstein's plane with him (the same plane that Jane Doe 102 alleged was used to have sex with underage girls) [..] Trump visited Epstein at his home in Palm Beach - the same home where Epstein abused minor girls daily; "

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Didn't Trump just ban Epstein because Epstein is a dipshit who can't control himself and perved on someone who actually matters' daughter who then complained to Trump about it so obviously Trump's hands were tied?

No one really knows what happened. There's good reasons to suspect it did but not much in the way of why.

Maybe Epstein went too far for Trump's comfort, maybe he didn't want Epstein loving around with Trumps buddies families, maybe their balls touched while double-teaming a 10 year old and the experience was deeply uncomfortable for Trump.

BOOBIES
Apr 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Even if the president did ban Epstein from Mar-a-Lago there are so many women who have come forward to describe inappropriate or predatory behavior on Trump's part toward teenage girls - not to mention the actual sexual assaults and rapes he's committed, the domestic abuse, etc.

This is basically what I'm making fun of. Where's the evidence that Donald Trump has raped and domestically abused someone? Something other than an anonymous source that a reporter talked to that one time, no totally guys, it was a real source and I saw a tear in their eye, it must be real. This is basically infowars level disinformation. There are plenty of things to dislike Trump for, but I think you're doing an extreme disservice along with the million other people parroting this stuff. You're disenfranchising moderates because your arguments are weak and baseless and it's the reason Trump is going to win again in 2020. It's frustrating that basically every internet discussion about Trump is incapable of saying "yeah this dude sucks but let's stick to the stuff that we're actually able to show evidence towards" rather than posting every single one of the million allegations against him as though it's some sort of fact.

Epstein has a lot of really loving clear evidence against him. There's an entire criminal investigation, he's been arrested and charged, and he's been charged for this in the past. Trump has had no investigation, arrest, or charges about ANY sort of sexual misconduct. The desperate clutching at straws to somehow link Trump to Epstein is really weak because they hung out 20 years ago and "gently caress trump".

I don't really understand how this level of discourse doesn't sound alarm bells in your head that make you question where you get your information and opinions from. Because for the most part it just sounds like the product of a Facebook group echo chamber and not really seated in the evidence based in reality.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

BOOBIES posted:

This is basically what I'm making fun of. Where's the evidence that Donald Trump has raped and domestically abused someone? Something other than an anonymous source that a reporter talked to that one time, no totally guys, it was a real source and I saw a tear in their eye, it must be real.
Ivana said he raped her during a sworn deposition. That's hardly an anonymous source and it certainly isn't hearsay.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

SickZip posted:

No one really knows what happened. There's good reasons to suspect it did but not much in the way of why.

Maybe Epstein went too far for Trump's comfort, maybe he didn't want Epstein loving around with Trumps buddies families, maybe their balls touched while double-teaming a 10 year old and the experience was deeply uncomfortable for Trump.

Trump banned Epstein because he made a pass at Ivanka and that's for daddy only.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

BOOBIES posted:

This is basically what I'm making fun of. Where's the evidence that Donald Trump has raped and domestically abused someone?

dude's had 4 lawsuits and like 15 people accuse him

do you think cosby's innocent too

BOOBIES
Apr 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Einstein posted:

Ivanka said he raped her during a sworn deposition. That's hardly an anonymous source and it certainly isn't hearsay.

That she said during divorce proceedings and later recanted. She directly admitted to lying, but somehow your take-away from this is that her rape claim has credibility when she, herself has said otherwise. This is what I'm talking about. It makes no sense. How can this be a legitimate argument in your head?

I'm not going to turn this into the Trump defense station because it's a waste of time and off topic. Make fun of me I guess but I find it disappointing there can't be real conversations based on actual arguments and an organized forced against lovely people like Trump based on something real.

edit: and it was Ivana, not Ivanka.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

BOOBIES posted:

That she said during divorce proceedings and later recanted. She basically admitted to lying, but somehow your take-away from this is that her rape claim has credibility when she, herself has said otherwise. This is what I'm talking about. It makes no sense. How can this be a legitimate argument in your head?

I'm not going to turn this into the Trump defense station because it's a waste of time and off topic. Make fun of me I guess but I find it disappointing there can't be real conversations.

edit: and it was Ivana, not Ivanka.

She recanted it because she's not allowed to say anything negative about Trump as per their deal.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

BOOBIES posted:

That she said during divorce proceedings and later recanted. She basically admitted to lying, but somehow your take-away from this is that her rape claim has credibility when she, herself has said otherwise. This is what I'm talking about. It makes no sense. How can this be a legitimate argument in your head?
Hmm, which statement has more credibility, the one made during a sworn deposition or a statement made to the press during Trump's campaign? Tough to say...

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
wow cool i'm glad someone convinced me the president isn't a child rapist. Now open up his twitter feed, read it for 30 seconds and convince me he isn't the most retarded man alive. You are dumb as poo poo and I feel sorry for everyone related to you lmao

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BOOBIES posted:

Maybe hush money, maybe there was a promise to not create legal trouble for her or some other concession, provided she drop the accusation, it's not really that nonsensical. When you add to this his known misogyny and the many, multiple, plural, women who have accused him it is far more nonsensical to believe that Trump is not rapist than that he is one. I mean how the gently caress would people in your own life treat you if there were over a dozen women accusing you of rape? They would think you a rapist wouldn't they? But since Trump has money, fame and power, something which would make him likelier to get away with it and also the feel more entitled to do it, then we should doubt the multiple accusers? Yeah right

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

BOOBIES posted:

The desperate clutching at straws to somehow link Trump to Epstein is really weak because they hung out 20 years ago and "gently caress trump".

epstein was raping children 20 years ago too

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

Other thank making a Roman Polanski and Ninja Turtles joke post in this thread, all you've done is poo poo on other posters.
Do you have anything to say or add to this, or you just gonna be an rear end in a top hat for no reason and keep up the great quality content you've delivered yourself so far?

I’m phone posting so can’t look up your posts and also dont want to but my one response “making GBS threads” over you was in response to you being “an rear end in a top hat for no reason” to someone else. So I feel pretty confident with the ol :ironicat:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Pm a friendly mod when there's Epstein news. Ty :tipshat:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Bail denied lmao

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
It's not fair to deny bail to such an upstanding pillar of the community.

I'm sure the fact that he has a bugout kit in his safe and a private jet won't affect his ability to be held accountable.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Jose posted:

Bail denied lmao

I can't believe I read this here first, and also I made a dumb little Homer "whoohoo!" when I read it because god gently caress this guy.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/07/jeffrey-epstein-case-grows-more-grotesque

quote:

Likely within days, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit will release almost 2,000 pages of documents that could reveal sexual abuse by “numerous prominent American politicians, powerful business executives, foreign presidents, a well-known prime minister, and other world leaders,” according to the three-judge panel's ruling. The documents were filed during a civil defamation lawsuit brought by Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre, a former Mar-a-Lago locker-room attendant, against Epstein’s former girlfriend and alleged madam, Ghislaine Maxwell. “Nobody who was around Epstein a lot is going to have an easy time now. It’s all going to come out,” said Giuffre’s lawyer David Boies. Another person involved with litigation against Epstein told me: “It’s going to be staggering, the amount of names. It’s going to be contagion numbers.”

Vonkrieger
May 14, 2009
Nap Ghost
Very sad to see yet another anti-Trump echo chamber forming on SA. I expected better of you guys.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blood for the Blood God

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
Although Bill Clinton probably does gently caress kids, it's pretty amusing that he at least puts out an actual response to the questions about his friendship with Epstein, and yet this is Trump's response:

https://twitter.com/BrianKarem/status/1151598712533204993

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 18, 2019

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Vonkrieger posted:

Very sad to see yet another anti-Trump echo chamber forming on SA. I expected better of you guys.

this is an anti-pedo echo chamber which imho is the best kind

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nerses IV posted:

Blood for the Blood God

We gonna have that list by the 20th?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

Although Bill Clinton probably does gently caress kids, it's pretty amusing that he at least puts out an actual response to the questions about his friendship with Epstein, and yet this is Trump's response:

[url]https://twitter.com/BrianKarem/status/1151598712533204993[/ur]

Honestly Bill would have been better off saying nothing because what he claims is easily contradicted by flight logs.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vonkrieger posted:

lol

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I'm getting slightly optimistic that some rich people might actually face consequences for their actions.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

https://twitter.com/BrianKarem/status/1151598712533204993

Hey guys, look over there!

*sprints away*

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i think i hear my mom calling me

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vonkrieger posted:

I’m going to take this as a bad joke.

Lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Vonkrieger posted:

Imagine I'm making GBS threads my pants really really hard, but at you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

For the record if Bill Clinton does get named in these cases with victims saying he had sex with them while underaged, I will be 100% cheering for prosecution and putting him on the sex offender list.

I was only against the idiot poster using qanon 'evidence' to push the theory.