Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tom Gorman posted:

as long as magneto has a move where be becomes an orb of death and you just float around he's my main

also even if he doesn't have that move he's my main

good news, we know at least his ultimate move is his trademark "I am the cynosure of an orbiting ring of metal death"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJiLCgCYWMU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i liked magneto before i realized he is the likud party in super villain form and now i can't thinking about bibi as magneto

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

:orb:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How does singleplayer work in this? Are you able to switch between all 4 character or are you stuck as one with 3 CPUs?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

RatHat posted:

How does singleplayer work in this? Are you able to switch between all 4 character or are you stuck as one with 3 CPUs?

Pretty sure I saw somebody switch characters while playing alone in one of the gameplay videos.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

It's like all of the X-Men Legends / M:UA games where you can pick all four characters and switch to whoever you want as you play on the fly.

However, it's unlike the other games where you MUST have four in a team. You can't have just one or two or three.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game is gonna own

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

new preview about combat

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/hyrule-warriors-and-mmos-prepared-me-for-marvel-ultimate-alliance-3s-improved-combat

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tom Gorman posted:

the bulges i've seen so far have been underwhelming

I dunno why your monitor is under your desk, but you should turn it on anyway

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is Dat Video Game, Cuz by Ted Boudreaux featuring Nathan Silvers

Thibodaux, LA—Nathan Silvers, former columnist for hit game Marvel Heroes and other cool video games has shared some insight on his reviewer’s copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 for the Nintendo Switch.

Silvers, 47, staring blankly at a wall but intently focused, stated that “The 3” was like “drinking a Mountain Dew Baja Blast and Mountain Dew Sweet Lightning at the same.” The Thibodaux Gazette did not understand so he was asked to explain.

“It’s easy, really. Take all of your favorite snacks. For me, I love a crisp Mountain Dew with a freshly caught Wild Krab Salad, and a side of Kraft Singles. Mix all that up in a cup and chug that. Now get out ‘The 3’ and cast spells on all the enemies. Maggia, Hydra. They don’t stand a chance. I like to play Rocket & Groot, the perfect father/son relationship, and just obliterate the opposition. The numbers back this up,” Silvers said while holding a Nintendo Switch upside down.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is a top down action game where players can take in a variety of 34 Marvel superheroes and use their powers and skills to defeat super villains and henchmen and henchwomen. Power to the henchwomen, who should not be overlooked. Silvers says these henchwomen are paid the same amount as henchmen.

“Henchwomen are paid the same amount as henchmen. I think the thing you gotta look at in a video game like this is how it compares to real life. And I consider The 3 a game based on true events. Imagine spending your entire life training for this one moment. This one moment to be the one who takes down Spider-Man or Wolverine. These henchmen and henchwomen are adults in this game. Just like in real life, they’re adults. Let’s say they’re between ages 18-65. So you have somebody at the top of that scale, a 65 year old henchwomen, who just exited a door in Hell’s Kitchen and then boom, she’s dead,” Silvers vigorously explained with a serious look on his face.

“65 years of training and you don’t even get a shot fired off. Wolverine has torn you limb from limb and you barely even got to open your eyes. You glanced at this 300 pound, 5’3” specimen who was built for combat. You thought you were too but you are unnamed, you have a little laser gun and then your journey is done. You’re dead, along with 1,200 other henchmen and henchwomen. Then Wolverine frolics into the final battle against Sentinels and Apocalypse and Mole Man and then they’re dead too. Kind of poetic don’t you think...” Silvers said in thinking man’s pose.

As we reeled Silvers back in, we asked the million-dollar question. How is the game and will fans love this game?

“Fans are going to absolutely love this game. Nothing takes me back to my childhood like seeing the father/son dynamic of Groot and Rocket. This is a game that the blogs, grogs and vlogs are going to love. Fans will too. I haven’t played the game yet but I do love it,” Silvers said, slow clapping to his own reaction.

We immediately closed the interview down but thanked Silvers for his time. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 launches worldwide for the Nintendo Switch on July 19th.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Nothing about that made me want to get the game.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://www.twitch.tv/altairhunter

Another streamer has the game

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh man just a few more days. ITS MAHVEL BABY

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Game gonna be good

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also there are secret characters. Be careful with spoilers as things are coming out.

We will have some happy goons for sure!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Hero camera moves a bit like the hero shot does in the og avenger's movie when switching between characters, you could make some cool little combo clips

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
We now know the max number of characters in the base game (thanks GameXplain). I'll put it in a quote:

quote:

It's 36. You unlock 32 characters through the story, while Electra, Magneto, and the two we don't know about yet are unlocked through Infinity Trials. There's also a theory going around on who the final two characters are.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I can't believe those madmen added NFL SuperPro and Paste-Pot Pete as two hidden characters.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Folt The Bolt posted:

We now know the max number of characters in the base game (thanks GameXplain). I'll put it in a quote:

Loki has been leaked by the inside box art cover

Combined with the synergy boss for God's and demons the conclusion is Thanos

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

bushisms.txt posted:

Loki has been leaked by the inside box art cover

Combined with the synergy boss for God's and demons the conclusion is Thanos

Yeah, that's how the theory goes, and Loki backs it up pretty well.

(And that means the two villains I most wanted to be playable in the base game are likely both playable in the base game.)

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Okay, a reviewer just responded to a question about game length, saying it took them ~15 hours to finish the campaign.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

Okay, a reviewer just responded to a question about game length, saying it took them ~15 hours to finish the campaign.

That's about what I expected. Add on infinity trials and the additional content (besides characters) that come from the DLCs and this will have good longevity.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I haven't spoiled it by watching streamers, but can anyone tell me who you can pick from when you start the game? I figure you have to unlock people as it goes on. That's gonna determine if I can get folks to play some local co-op with when it comes out.

Can you start the game with Carol or Deadpool, is essentially what I'm getting at.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just the guardians

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Tom Gorman posted:

I haven't spoiled it by watching streamers, but can anyone tell me who you can pick from when you start the game? I figure you have to unlock people as it goes on. That's gonna determine if I can get folks to play some local co-op with when it comes out.

Can you start the game with Carol or Deadpool, is essentially what I'm getting at.

It’s just the Guardians for the first mission, but apparently the second mission drops like 15~ other characters in your lap

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Word, that's good enough I think

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Hawkeye better have his Hawkguy costume

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Little weird selection but the first mission is always the set up piece.

Gropey C
Feb 26, 2004

Groping one generation at a time
So I've watched the streamers listed in this thread and had a few observations.

1) This game looks awesome and like a lot of fun
2) These people are terrible at video games and fail to perform boss mechanics with any regularity
3) They are really bad at solving puzzles

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You nailed it. See ya for launch!! :)

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
What time do nintendo games usual go live?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I think I feel smallpox coming on. On Thursday night.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I have a board meeting at 8:30AM on Friday and man am I going to be distracted.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Kris xK posted:

What time do nintendo games usual go live?

First you have to ask yourself if this is a Nintendo game or a game for the Nintendo.

Traditionally Nintendo-published games were midnight Eastern. And other games for the Nintendo were like 9am Pacific.
However, Dragon Quest Builders 2 came out and kinda dinked up that rhythm and released at Midnight Eastern despite not being as Nintendo Published games.

Short version: who knows???!!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

It's a Nintendo published first party game, it'll be out Thursday night 9pst worldwide.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Isn't this more of a 2nd party game? I guess?

Is that even a thing?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

ThermoPhysical posted:

Isn't this more of a 2nd party game? I guess?

Is that even a thing?

Yeah, my theory is that if it's eligible for the vouchers it's a Nintendo "sponsored" game and I guess would follow the nintendo schedule for release time.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Kris xK posted:

Yeah, my theory is that if it's eligible for the vouchers it's a Nintendo "sponsored" game and I guess would follow the nintendo schedule for release time.

That’s the part I forgot to write. I bet this is it. Gels with what happened with DQB2.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

No it's a first party game. Disney asked nintendo to make the game, then Nintendo contracted team ninja to make it for them. If it's a "2nd" party game so are Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, the last of us and Spider-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

No it's a first party game. Disney asked nintendo to make the game, then Nintendo contracted team ninja to make it for them. If it's a "2nd" party game so are Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, the last of us and Spider-Man.

Except the only Nintendo games called first party are usually the ones made by Nintendo themselves. Who made BotW, Smash, and the various Mario main title games?

I don't know anyone who calls Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, TLoU or Spider-Man first party games. Maybe Pokemon though, but not the others.