Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
In order to win, it takes more than a good goalie. It takes the ability to keep our padded bois safe. Safe from pucks. And to that end we're going to work to make sure we have the puck forever and always. To that end we're going to draft the best face-off guy left available. Actually the second best because the best is going to be 35 before the season ends and It's too early to reach that deep and take a risk. Therefore who we are picking wins them 56.3 percent of the time, and takes over 20 a night. We are proud to annonce the newest St Louis Blue: Johnathan Towes!

With the next pick, we're going to show a dedicated commitment to winning by bringing in someone who is rolling in the fancies. Specifically an 89 OVR. I don't know the conversion between corsi, fenwicks, and OVRs, but I've never seen a player with more than seventy fenwicks, let alone 89. The St Louis Blues re-acquire Alex Pietrangelo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'm going to take a guy who probably a lot of people don't think about much because his team sucks but I genuinely think he's a top 5 goalie in the league and that's John Gibson.

He's still decently young, and he's very good. He almost took a super bad Ducks team to the playoffs.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Kyle Connor and his imaginary contract because he's great

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Austin definitely needs a winger buddy to comiserate with. give me the Jayden Schwartz, the poor young doomed fool

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Tkachuk owns and I would have taken him if O'Reilly wasn't available.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

fawning deference posted:

Tkachuk owns and I would have taken him if O'Reilly wasn't available.

Yeah I was really hoping he’d drop back but not expecting him to.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Dallas needs an elite 2nd-line pivot and the centers are running dry. The pride of Haliburton, Ontario, Matt Duchene, will fulfill that role quite nicely behind Mr. Stamkos.

X - Stamkos - X
X - Duchene - X

Giordano - X

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
This pick was trickier than I thought as there are quite a few players I like and I'm certain none of them will be around next time I'm up. I decided I'm going to pick Nicklas Backstrom. He's virtually a mortal lock for 70+ points a year, rarely gets injured, and can be either my first or second line center. He's also highly underrated as a defensive player. Since Dubois can play both center and left wing I am going to slide him over for now, but this also gives me some flexibility with two solid center options depending on how the rest of the draft shakes out for me.

Dubois-Backstrom-Kucherov

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jul 17, 2019

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Dallas is a weird place to build Team Ontario.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Canada's Team™

e: It's your pick, Mr. Exxon-Mobil

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 17, 2019

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
this contract is gonna be fun as heckfire in like 4 years but, the Rangers select Anze Kopitar

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They say all paths lead to Roman Josi, the Florida Panther's latest pick.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

EL BROMANCE posted:

gently caress

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
bench

Jordan7hm (10:07 AM EST)
fawning deference
Mamma Lucia
lazerwolf
FBS
Kuule hain nussivan

Picks Skipped:
eXXon (x1)

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

EL BROMANCE posted:

drat this is a good pick.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think Josi is overrated, personally. That's not to say I think he's bad, because he's not. He's a good player, for sure. Very good even. I just don't think he's elite and I dunno how to articulate why I feel that way and also I'm just an internet guy so who cares what I think.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

lazerwolf posted:

drat this is a good pick.

Watch as I throw $10m at a hasbeen next round.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Oh I didn't realize it got back to me that quickly. Well I don't want to rehash previous picks and I'm always short of right wingers so come on down Brock Boeser! and stop getting injured

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I may be stretching with this pick but I honestly don’t think I am. I loving love this kid.

I’m taking Brady Tchachuk.

In the modern era 18 players have put up 3 shots per game as rookie teenagers (200 shot minimum). The active players are all guys who’ve been picked (with one exception, also a guy I considered taking here). Brady is one of them. 45 points in 70 games as a teenager, putting up really good possession stats without being given cushy matchups, playing first line minutes by the end of the season. This kid is the one bright spot in Ottawa, a legitimate star caliber player.

He’s going to be the best piece of poo poo Crosby plays with since Crosby went to the WC with Marchand.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I really wanted to pick Doughty because he said he never wanted to play in Toronto and apparently he has a beef with Matthew Tkachuk so it would have been a great fit.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

I may be stretching with this pick but I honestly don’t think I am. I loving love this kid.

I’m taking Brady Tchachuk.

In the modern era 18 players have put up 3 shots per game as rookie teenagers (200 shot minimum). The active players are all guys who’ve been picked (with one exception, also a guy I considered taking here). Brady is one of them. 45 points in 70 games as a teenager, putting up really good possession stats without being given cushy matchups, playing first line minutes by the end of the season. This kid is the one bright spot in Ottawa, a legitimate star caliber player.

He’s going to be the best piece of poo poo Crosby plays with since Crosby went to the WC with Marchand.

I thought for sure Jordan Staal did this because he had a nearly 30 goal 18 year old season but apparently he shot at 22%

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

There is a winger I was prepared to take now but then I realized I needed a D still on the board. I feel like maybe because he missed 20 games last year he's been overlooked, or D have just been slow to run the board, but I consider him to be one of the top 3 offensive D in the league. Amazing fancies and good for 60-65pts, plays 24-25 mins a game, and to boot he's making just over $4m the next two seasons.

The Devils select John Klingberg.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Because my pick got sniped, the best thing to do is make a snap decision pick of P.K. Subban

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

There is a winger I was prepared to take now but then I realized I needed a D still on the board. I feel like maybe because he missed 20 games last year he's been overlooked, or D have just been slow to run the board, but I consider him to be one of the top 3 offensive D in the league. Amazing fancies and good for 60-65pts, plays 24-25 mins a game, and to boot he's making just over $4m the next two seasons.

Oh you absolute fucker

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think Josi is overrated, personally. That's not to say I think he's bad, because he's not. He's a good player, for sure. Very good even. I just don't think he's elite and I dunno how to articulate why I feel that way and also I'm just an internet guy so who cares what I think.

For our purposes, he's a fairly cheap deal who puts up pts, solid pick, IMO

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

drat you... Was hoping he would fall to me.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Well, hopefully you've got somebody else in mind, because:

Next up:
lazerwolf (until 11:15 AM EST)
FBS
Kuule hain nussivan
JawKnee
Kilza

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I haven't picked all daaaaaay come onnnnn

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Vegas picks Max Domi. We like his fancy stats

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

So that puts FBS up until 12pm EST?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
That's correct

e: FBS skipped, kuule hain nussivan up

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 18, 2019

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Past 12pm EST so Kuule hain nussivan is up, assuming they're awake

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

JawKnee posted:

Past 12pm EST so Kuule hain nussivan is up, assuming they're awake
Thanks for the heads up!

With the 3rd round pick the Colorado Avalance pick a player who's production is sure to take a loving nosedive and become completely and utterly useless with Teuvo "Turbo" Teräväinen!

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Mother fucker

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Literally top of my list again god drat

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

JawKnee posted:

Literally top of my list again god drat
Just pick Kakko. He has the cooler finnish name. What the gently caress is a 'from sharpness" anyway.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Alright. I need a LW who can reasonably take top line minutes. With my next pick I'm going to select Filip Forsberg

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

welp, that's the 2 wingers who I wanted that are both taken before me. So I'll just go with Blake Wheeler.

Next up:
Drunk Canuck (until 3:08 PM EST)
Jonathan Fisk
stab
WeaponX
VOTE1

Kilza fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 18, 2019

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Smh 2 picks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I guess

Elias Lindholm for Los Angeles

next up:
Jonathan Fisk
stab
WeaponX
VOTE1