Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

It will just be Kemi and Bella yelling at each other while Jack and the cool kids sit back laughing.

I saw that show last season.

And FOUTTE might have actually been smarter players.
Yeah BUTT, evictees weren't allowed to remain in the house last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Square Jaws' hinky vote will be pinned on Nicole or Sam or Cliff.

Calling it.

**Nevermind... Squarejaw was tight with Kemi... showing loyalty.**

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jul 12, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'd guess Nick/Bella. But who knows with this group of geniuses?

Either way its just more BB20. The cool kids using paranoia about votes to keep things too chaotic to unite against them.

edit: Incidentally, last I saw the 6 Sh66ters actually thought that Nick/Sam/Bella/Nicole/Cliff were trying to flip the vote so its possible Jackson wasn't throwing a hinky vote but was actually trying to flip the vote. I dunno. They probably dropped that fear when Kemi/Bella heated up but that thought just occurred to me.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 12, 2019

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Never more has a Cliff/Jess HOH win been more important.

I'd add Sam but he could be swayed.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Robnoxious posted:

Never more has a Cliff/Jess HOH win been more important.

I'd add Sam but he could be swayed.

I'd argue Jess would be much more inclined to try and appease Gr8ful than Sam would, if only because at least he has a clear picture of what's going on

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jess would 100% put up Nick/Bella.

Cliff MIGHT be able to be reasoned with by Sam.

Nicole's the only person I really think might take the shot.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nick HOH COULD possibly be interesting if Sam and Bella get in his ear.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Meh...

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hopefully this makes some people sweat but otherwise, yeah, eh.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nick is a really tough call. He doesn't want to take a shot at Gr8ful. He loves Jack and wants to play it safe. He's been saying for weeks he'll put up Kat/Jess and make it easy.

But he knows Kemi was talking and she might talk more still. And he's been telling Bella he knows they need to take out Jack. And Sam knows about Gr8ful and Nick doesn't know he knows. So the difference in this week might come down to whether Sam wants to push it with Nick and how Bella decides to play it in a week where she SHOULD be safe.

If nothing else Jack and Co are going to be CONVINCED of a backdoor and Jack might burn his power.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 12, 2019

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Why would Nick go against Nick? Isn't he apart of Gr8ful? What would that serve this early in the game?

Unless he realizes he is near the bottom of that alliance.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There's a WHOLE LOT missing from the show narrative. The broad notes are that Nick and Bella basically got kicked out of Gr8ful because of a combination of sloppy/sketchy things they've done and paranoia that they were close to Kemi and the other side. Jack, Jackson, Christie, Tommy, Holly, and Ana formed a new alliance called the 6 Sh66ters and have debated backdooring Nick/Bella both weeks and helped fuel up the hatred with Kemi, Jess, and others. Kemi's speech happened in large part because the 6 pushed her towards it and against Nick and Bella.

Nick and Bella have gotten some sense of it but don't really know how bad its gotten, nor obviously about the 6 Sh66ters. But they were worried last week and tried to lay low and rebuild trust with Gr8ful (which is part of why Bella sold out the Black Widows). Even still Sam and them tried to flip the vote to save Kemi late in the week and the 6 were genuinely worried that it might be a split vote and were actively targeting them this week.

There's also Sam. Sam, Nick, and Bella are VERY close. Bella told Sam about Gr8ful but Nick didn't. If Sam pushed the issue with Nick I think Nick would choose Sam over Gr8ful. But Bella asked Sam not to tell Nick he knows until Nick tells him himself.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
That Jack stuff was super douche

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You haven't seen the half of it.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

“The only people I’m loyal to are the remaining 3/4 of the house”

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Gottdam this is hot poo poo. David getting zero screen time, Ovi MIA, Cliff is the target? Almost as dumb as Jackson immediately leaning too hard on the “I THINK IT WAS NICOLE WHO FLIPPED!” like bro if it was why would she immediately run and tell you?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm glad BB's determination to protect the cool kids didn't extend to Jackson so we could see how poorly his "diabolical" game move flopped. Jackson's an idiot and is completely convinced he's playing a master game.

Also Ana and Nick are incredibly intelligent people. And Christie can't tell the difference between a steak and a biscuit?

On another season when they weren't getting everything their way Gr8ful would be high entertainment. But of course we're in hell reality so they get to win every HOH and have a Diamond POV.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Juiylieeee

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Do they only ever bring back people from a season or two before? Do they assume people won't remember random HGs from, like, Season 10? Or is it just a case that the most recent are available?

Cliff's disappearing facial hair is odd.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Those people are all assholes.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Nick and Bella are dumb.

"I went to my alliance and they told me Nicole is lying, so I believed them and I can't believe Nicole would lie."

Snowmankilla posted:

Those people are all assholes.

Yeah, this is annoying.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I guess the editors gave up on protecting them.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Max posted:

I guess the editors gave up on protecting them.

Holy poo poo, yeah, I don't keep up with the live feeds.

They are making everyone seem like huge pricks.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

This has been a torturous half hour.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Jessica has just been playing the stupidest game. She continually puts her faith in a group she has no part of, and hoping it will...work out for her?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I mean, there was an 9 person meeting including the person that put her on the block she was obviously not invited to, I don’t know what she’s trying to accomplish here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ok slow mo brussel sprouts got me, this is great.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Max posted:

Yeah I mean, there was an 9 person meeting including the person that put her on the block she was obviously not invited to, I don’t know what she’s trying to accomplish here.

Yeah, me neither. I think she picked someone in the alliance for veto last week, too. Just confusing.

Also, what the gently caress is going on here?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Twin Cinema posted:

Yeah, me neither. I think she picked someone in the alliance for veto last week, too. Just confusing.

She did it two weeks in a row!

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The 9 of them yelling at Ovi for trying to stand up for Nicole was a really, really bad look.

Also my first impression when I saw sexy short aquaman was this guy has to be nice, he has flowing locks. Holy gently caress was I wrong. Hilarious how unattractive someone can become when you know their personality.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I don’t get how none of these assholes who came on the show to get famous can’t fake being a good person. There have been more than enough cautionary tales for you to know to act.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jessica is a floater and its there is to it. From her perspective picking Nicole would have pissed off the rear end in a top hat bully alliance even if it worked out for her and Nicole, while picking Christie keeps them happy and she knows Christie will either throw it or use it to backdoor Nicole. Jessica's just trying to get by and has no further game plan.

But how nice was it as a feed watcher to FINALLY see the rear end in a top hat bully house alliance Gr8ful finally be portrayed on air as the "H8ful" alliance feed watchers have known them as for the last few weeks?

I mean, it wasn't nice because they're complete and total assholes who treat people like poo poo. But for the first time the show didn't try to protect them. Bella, Jack, Christie, Jackson, Ana, Holly... they all took a licking from this episode. Tommy's the only one who didn't look like total scum, which makes sense since he's the savviest one and knew enough to try and get on the right side of the "bully narrative. And thankfully the narrative didn't try and make Nicole look unfairly bad at all and just showed her frustration as it was and presented the receipts for her truths and H8ful's lies.

We even got a heavy helping of Christie being a complete lunatic. But at least she finally used "literally" correctly. That was something.

I quite enjoyed Sam's "I should totally be 'grateful' for this opportunity, its totally 'undeniable.'" I really hope Sam gets a chance to flip poo poo and doesn't screw it up.

TyrantWD posted:

I don’t get how none of these assholes who came on the show to get famous can’t fake being a good person. There have been more than enough cautionary tales for you to know to act.

Its group think or mob mentality or whatever you want to call it. They all reinforce each other that they're the good people and doing the right thing and if anyone says different than that person is a toxic cancer and terrible bitch. And they've won everything and had total control of the game so there's been no opportunity for the tables to flip and them to suffer some kind of consequences for their bad actions. So they jst keep getting worse and worse and losing all perspective.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 18, 2019

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Christie is a loving lunatic, my god.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
During the credits roll from last nights episode, there was a part where Kat went to give a high five to Ovi I think, but he ended up hugging someone instead, and then Kat did the thing where she ran her hand through her hair, as if she didn't get left hanging. Great moment that I almost missed

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

And in all of the Gr8ful being terrible stuff I think we should acknowledge that The Haunting of Kaitlyn Herman was an inspired, fun POV comp. And good on her for being able to laugh at herself.

Take notes, Christie.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm mainly watching live because I love making this post.

Previously on Biiiiiiig Brotherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I'm "literally" going to blow my brains out over how many times they use the word literally.

Christie is loving insane.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like it when they accidently use "literally" properly.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Man, the narrator really threw some shade in that recap. Is it possible BB has decided to lean in on the house being all assholes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If Nicole gets voted out and one of her and David don’t make it back, I think I’m out for the season. There is no interesting gameplay going on from gr8ful.