Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
No, America didn't liberate Australia's concentration camps over the last couple years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

The Peccadillo posted:

No, America didn't liberate Australia's concentration camps over the last couple years

They kept kids in a concentration camp for 6 years until the loving USA decided that enough was enough there

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-47107179

Like the US didn't storm the camps or anything, they just decided to take the people in rather than let Australia murder them via neglect.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Aramoro posted:

They kept kids in a concentration camp for 6 years until the loving USA decided that enough was enough there

Like the US didn't storm the camps or anything, they just decided to take the people in rather than let Australia murder them via neglect.

We were just sick of Australia always stealing our schtick, they're like a clingy little brother.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Aramoro posted:

Isn't Australia so bad at this point that the last of your children in your concentration camps got sent to the US to save them?

Australia still has kids in immigration detention.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Let me guess, they're waiting until they just have more adults in immigration detention, so it doesn't sound quite as evil

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Phy posted:

Let me guess, they're waiting until they just have more adults in immigration detention, so it doesn't sound quite as evil

There are plenty of adults.
And they don't care if they sound evil; the Australian public has proven, through several elections now, that we don't care about the people illegally imprisoned in our concentration camps.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
To be fair, it's not like there's an actual problem they're trying to solve, nor do most politicians actually care one way or another. Elections have been fought over and won by whomever can provide the most ruthless response to non-white asylum seekers coming to Australia by boat. It's just a tactic to win elections, both parties do it, and it's pretty effective. Unlike actually unpopular government initiatives (like all that surveillance/big brother poo poo), they're doing it because a significant number of Australians are (surprise surprise!) garbage humans and this is how democracy works

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Lady Disdain posted:

There are plenty of adults.
And they don't care if they sound evil; the Australian public has proven, through several elections now, that we don't care about the people illegally imprisoned in our concentration camps.

Didn't you guys solve the problem by simply making it illegal to talk about the human rights abuses? That's creative problem solving right there.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Aramoro posted:

Didn't you guys solve the problem by simply making it illegal to talk about the human rights abuses? That's creative problem solving right there.

The first rule of Human Rights Abuse Club is you never talk about Human Rights Abuse Club

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Also here's some live Hayseed Dixie, dudes kick some major rear end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVW9nBVvpc0

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Aramoro posted:

Sorry to break it to you man, we're still a nation of bipartisan cooperation in paying Serco for torturing and killin' kids in camps

It was supposed to be a PR exchange where Obama saved some children refugees and Turnbull rid our camps of some kids while upholding iron borders. And... I guess it worked, despite falling to Trump's admin, if you got that impression out of it

https://www.crikey.com.au/2019/07/19/immigration-detention-centre-week/?fbclid=IwAR0TCgn7kGfp7VQ9TFW2RFpirDOs53vPdr3bJS7NiMd_Z1L3-AF7NeV6mBU

Thread relevant, for the efforts of Holt and the ASRC in their fuckin' dauntless miserable work

The Peccadillo has a new favorite as of 15:27 on Jul 20, 2019

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

"six years", indefinite detention started in 1992, hang 'em all since

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I laughed maniacally out loud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPGDAZyQ44k

e: ooh POV shot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H74rXkQBeR4

BrianBoitano has a new favorite as of 02:35 on Jul 27, 2019

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Jesus Christ :allears:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:krad:

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
The numbers at the end said it was going about 450 mph. I don't speak German so don't know if any of those numbers were measuring what kind of Gs it was pulling.

oh dope has a new favorite as of 15:47 on Jul 27, 2019

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

so did I, goddamn this rules

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
:piss:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Sorry but I prefer my aeroplanes performing a perfect loop into their owner's groin.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GJJmLeTlM4

there's a million more of these, but i have no interest in them and im sure nobody else has either

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Decrepus posted:

Sorry but I prefer my aeroplanes performing a perfect loop into their owner's groin.

At 450mph? That would be... pretty memorable, I guess.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

I would not be able to control that, I like RC gliders. Lol no, I'd lawn dart that on the first turn :D

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hexyflexy posted:

I would not be able to control that, I like RC gliders. Lol no, I'd lawn dart that on the first turn :D

I would quickly lose sight of it and it's fate would be unknown until I read about it in the news the next day. (i speak from experience. I got my daughter a tiny drone for Christmas a few years back. On its maiden flight we lost it in the sky and it was gone. The next day a guy drives into our cul de sac, he had found it on the sidewalk ¼ mile away or so and watched the video card to figure out where it came from. It was miraculously unharmed, despite taking quite a tumble to earth.)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
About six years ago, a batch of knock-off Chinese drones hit Australia that hadn't been programmed to return to base properly. They had GPS in the drone and the control unit, and when they got low on battery, they were supposed to go back to base. Instead, they went Home. Home, in this case, was a factory in Shenzhen, so they just took off north as fast as their rotors would carry them.

Some people found them. Most didn't.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Memento posted:

About six years ago, a batch of knock-off Chinese drones hit Australia that hadn't been programmed to return to base properly. They had GPS in the drone and the control unit, and when they got low on battery, they were supposed to go back to base. Instead, they went Home. Home, in this case, was a factory in Shenzhen, so they just took off north as fast as their rotors would carry them.

Some people found them. Most didn't.

That would be a good business model if Home were a little less far away. In fact, I think there's a fairy tale along these lines (shady guy sells a horse/goat/whatever that always runs back to him).

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Zopotantor posted:

That would be a good business model if Home were a little less far away. In fact, I think there's a fairy tale along these lines (shady guy sells a horse/goat/whatever that always runs back to him).

I've definitely seen a movie or tv show in which this was done with homing pigeons. Possibly doves released at weddings.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

imo "home" should be a series of buildings starting with the former world trade center and ending with st peters basilica

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Zopotantor posted:

Lady Disdain posted:

I've definitely seen a movie or tv show in which this was done with homing pigeons. Possibly doves released at weddings.

Snatch!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

That's literally what doves and other birds at weddings and stuff do.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Scathach posted:

You mean they arn't releasing them into the wild to be free :(

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

As free as they want to be!

Enigma
Jun 10, 2003
Raetus Deus Est.

Yeah they're just white homing pigeons, which is same family as doves.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Scathach posted:

That owns

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Don't call me a snatch, you oval office.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

JEEVES420 posted:

You mean they arn't releasing them into the wild to be free :(

I don't think you understand marriage :v:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Do we know whom was trying to steal the rabbit from whom?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Lady Disdain posted:

Don't call me a snatch, you oval office.

Don’t call people oval office, you twat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BrigadierSensible posted:

Do we know whom was trying to steal the rabbit from whom?

I believe the rhinoceros had it first.