Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

trump quadrupling down on "will no one rid me of these turbulent congresswomen?" is troubling and I really hope the squad remains safe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

CYBEReris posted:

trump quadrupling down on "will no one rid me of these turbulent congresswomen?" is troubling and I really hope the squad remains safe

That’s the stuff that scares me the most right now.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

This budget is going to be horrific. I hope the Democrats domt just roll over and give them what the Republicans want. Again. Then call it bipartisanship.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Meatball posted:

This budget is going to be horrific. I hope the Democrats domt just roll over and give them what the Republicans want. Again. Then call it bipartisanship.

They will

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

At 11am we are getting the redacted 20 pages on Cohen investigation into hush payments unredacted

At 11:30 we have bail decision for Epstein

Trump is going to try his hardest to hijack this

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CYBEReris posted:

https://twitter.com/RepMarkWalker/status/1151688382428393472?s=20

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

If Nancy Pelosi had any strategic mind at all this would be a huge boon for her cause she could soak him for everything in exchange for letting him write his name on a piece of paper in front of TV cameras.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Thoughts and prayers for his brief struggle.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

lest he die from all that courage

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

“I hate that he said it and he was wrong to say it, but at the end of the day he was right to say it”

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1151676809240633346

His guest looks like a plantation owner

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

he looks more like some SS "scientist" who thinks if he sews twins together that it will prove something about his dumb bullshit about how injecting dye into little peoples eyes and then shooting them with pistol proves skull shapes.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jul 18, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he looks more like some SS "scientist" who thinks if he sews twins together that it will prove something about his dumb bullshit.

Much more accurate than mine

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Much more accurate than mine

also he looks like mix Toby Jones and my dad, both people who don't deserve the comparison.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Well he's going to mention this. We are in a Hellworld where Tucker Carlson through the TV Box is defacto Chief of Staff

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

This is hardly new ground for trump

d-bag from loving 1984 posted:

A well-educated black has a tremendous advantage over a well-educated white in terms of the job market.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/hughhewitt/status/1151790701232869378

No refunds

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Catholics remember exactly loving nothing.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

ewiley posted:

This is hardly new ground for trump

I want to live in this alternate reality

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Slugworth posted:

Yeah alcoholism has some side effects okay we're working through it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Slugworth posted:

depends on the catholics. some are liberal/lefty as gently caress and some are weird borderline evangelicals. i could see the camps and poo poo like this pushing more minority catholics against trump.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I wish someone would corner these fucks and make them say exactly what it is they think she says and does that's so anti American because I still have no clue except the whole "politicians are being bought" line which they most certainly are

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

My catholic side of the family more often than not votes Dem, with the older ones using Reagan and Union destroying as the primary motivation.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also catholics make up poo poo loads of the wealthy, east coast, comfortable democrats that really love Joe Biden.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

depends on the catholics. some are liberal/lefty as gently caress and some are weird borderline evangelicals. i could see the camps and poo poo like this pushing more minority catholics against trump.

I don't have any data to back this up but my impression was that even fundy Catholics aren't actually just white supremacists using religion as an excuse the way evangelicals are. Or at least not nearly as much.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Slugworth posted:

Good thing their God does then.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Probably cheered on every black guy murdered by a cop. Trayvon was difficult though since it was some brown guy which he happens to also despise. He probably cheered on the sidewalk since it was the whitest thing near by

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jarmak posted:

I don't have any data to back this up but my impression was that even fundy Catholics aren't actually just white supremacists using religion as an excuse the way evangelicals are. Or at least not nearly as much.

depends. some probably are just bigot types but alot of them are the weird anti vatican 2 types etc.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

SocketWrench posted:

I wish someone would corner these fucks and make them say exactly what it is they think she says and does that's so anti American because I still have no clue except the whole "politicians are being bought" line which they most certainly are

To them, stopping politicians from being bought is the most anti-American thing one can do

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I'm sure the comment will barely dent his numbers. People that voted for him already saw this poo poo in him when they did, but ignored it or cheered it on because they're morons. Just like those coal workers and steel workers.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it really is tiring how these people deny the very thing they love most about him.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

Also catholics make up poo poo loads of the wealthy, east coast, comfortable democrats that really love Joe Biden.

I thought most Catholics in America by and large were to the left, and the fundie dipshits are a small minority that mostly exist in the Midwest?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Dapper_Swindler posted:

More so than any of the other mainstream Christian groups the Catholic Church really does emphasize doing right by the less fortunate and the evil of greed.

With the giant and unavoidable caveats that are their continued protection and enablement of all the pedophiles and institutional sexism.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

depends. some probably are just bigot types but alot of them are the weird anti vatican 2 types etc.

The only one I know of that fits this model is Rick Santorum and the more insane Arch Bishops

Evangelicals are protecting plenty of pedophiles and rapists. They just don't get talked about in the news nearly as much

It sucks that the Catholic church has so much leadership rot, because the Jesuits by and large are pretty cool and the Convents and Monastic orders do a lot of good work in regards to charity and social justice. The Catholic overall message is the closest loving thing to the actual teachings of Jesus. Sucks about the obscene amount of wealth they hypocritically refuse to give up though

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jul 18, 2019

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Groovelord Neato posted:

it really is tiring how these people deny the very thing they love most about him.

It’s because they’re all in denial about being racist. Like they know being a racist is bad, but they just deny anything they do is actually racist, so it’s all ok!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

I thought most Catholics in America by and large were to the left, and the fundie dipshits are a small minority that mostly exist in the Midwest?

I grew up in Charlotte with the comfortable, upper middle class, cafeteria catholics. they're more liberal in the sense they're generally better educated and members of the professional class.

That's the sense I always got from east coast catholics. Generally better off, generally don't give a poo poo about gay marriage, dont REALLY care that much about abortion, dont consider themselves racist but don't want their daughter dating a black guy etc.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

TulliusCicero posted:

this is correct but heavily influenced by the fact that catholics are one of the most diverse denominations, so some of the regional far-right white catholic groups (i'm looking at you, louisiana) are counterbalanced by there being tons of latinx catholics that would currently almost never vote for a republican

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

I grew up in Charlotte with the comfortable, upper middle class, cafeteria catholics. they're more liberal in the sense they're generally better educated and members of the professional class.

That's the sense I always got from east coast catholics. Generally better off, generally don't give a poo poo about gay marriage, dont REALLY care that much about abortion, dont consider themselves racist but don't want their daughter dating a black guy etc.

This tracks with my experience with MA Catholics (although some of them do actually *really* care about abortion, but there's not enough of them to move policy/votes).

They also seem to actually take seriously the "leftist" poo poo in the bible instead of pretending it's the opposite.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also no matter how virulent a wealthy catholic is against abortion they will absolutely get one for their precious daughter so it doesn't ruin her college admission plan or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

It probably depends on the issue. I know at my mother’s church they preach about treating immigrants/refugees well (perhaps no surprise as there are a lot of Latina/Latino catholics), but they generally are anti-abortion (see https://news.gallup.com/poll/191903/religious-groups-disagree-five-key-moral-issues.aspx).