Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

syntaxrigger posted:

I am a dumb person that thought earmarks were used to hijack otherwise good bills. Why not having them a bad thing? Doesn't this promote debate on ONLY what is going to get passed instead of passing hidden items?

Basically cause earmarks is how you bribe fencesitters into supporting bills. It's not a great system but it's better than the system now, where all you can offer them is promises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Imagine being terrified of 22 dudes in a city of 15 million

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

RuanGacho posted:

We need more video clips of Trump looking scared for propaganda purposes. I dont recall previous presidents ever having so many dives for cover.

I for one would like for the mainstream media to start harping on what a yellow-bellied coward he is, for sure

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

twice burned ice posted:

Imagine being terrified of 22 dudes in a city of 15 million

I mean, he's afraid of four women congress members...

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RuanGacho posted:

I mean, he's afraid of four women congress members...

And 5 black youths in central park.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1151876809836957696

https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1151874593294114816

Svaha
Oct 4, 2005

Junior G-man posted:

Trialed in the UK, perfected in the US. Can't wait for the antisemitism trope to make an appearance in other places.

This poo poo has been going on in Canada for a decades. Especially when the conservatives were in power.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Koalas March posted:

Lol no

Also idk why y'all assume me saying they'll show their asses has to ~matter~ or what the gently caress ever it would just be fun

The universe is a random uncaring place, stop being so obsessed with what does or doesn't matter and embrace the nonsense

Also yo y'all it's my birthday today show ya girl some love 😘

happy birthday~

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Uglycat posted:

I for one would like for the mainstream media to start harping on what a yellow-bellied coward he is, for sure

I remember how during one of the debates with Hillary, they were able to wander around stage and whatnot, and now all I can imagine is Bernie creeping up behind Trump during a rambling stream of consciousness and yelling “BOOGABOOOGABOOOGA” in his ear

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

What's the story behind this?

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

SocketWrench posted:

What's the story behind this?

During the campaign there was a loud noise and he reacted like that.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Epstein gets no bail

https://twitter.com/klasfeldreports/status/1151878350706810881?s=21

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Thaddius the Large posted:

I remember how during one of the debates with Hillary, they were able to wander around stage and whatnot, and now all I can imagine is Bernie creeping up behind Trump during a rambling stream of consciousness and yelling “BOOGABOOOGABOOOGA” in his ear

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

My wife's gay boomer aunts live in Maryland, are staunch Democrats, and LOVE Larry Hogan. Ugh. Drives me nuts.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

If I was a paranoid man I would say that it's interesting how supposedly damning legal stuff got unsealed the day after Trump broke the Overton window

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

TulliusCicero posted:

Isn"t the Puerto Rican Governor right wing?

Yeah which explains it. Plus Ricky being a giant bigot.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Oh my goodness

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Failed Imagineer posted:

The eagle moved on him very strongly, but just couldn't get there.

Also happy birthday KM, I hope on this blessed day you receive the gift of your President having a massive coronary which renders him mute and unable to tweet

The eagle noticed him trying like a bitch to grab the pussy

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I don't know why but I imagine Bernie's chair making this noise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdWswvLPdE0

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Every day we get a little bit closer...

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Hahaha eat poo poo Epstein.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Flip Yr Wig posted:

"Just look how beautiful this baby is"

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

This never gets old. :allears:

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Sorry you're still in hellworld

"Look at that baby! It's so beautiful and bullet proof! The media will say it was just a prop but I've never seen it before in my life."

*crowd cheers and begins chanting*

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hell yes, rot you poo poo-bag.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Madkal posted:

"Just look how beautiful this baby is"

This beautiful WHITE baby!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1151873128731164673?s=19

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

welp he is screwed for now at least.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Just sent her ten bucks because gently caress this useless leadership.

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone

Omar coming

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

fool_of_sound posted:

Basically cause earmarks is how you bribe fencesitters into supporting bills. It's not a great system but it's better than the system now, where all you can offer them is promises.

That is fair. I bristle at the lack of transparency. Thanks

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1151884544435470336

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Hope Hicks lied to congress. I look forward to her never being prosecuted for it.

https://twitter.com/alex_mallin/status/1151881879408320513

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

twice burned ice posted:

Hope Hicks lied to congress. I look forward to her never being prosecuted for it.

As someone pointed out in another tweet thread about it, techincally since it was on a phone call she wasn't present.

But yeah she should have the book thrown at her and that's probably not going to happen :sigh:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CuddleCryptid posted:

If I was a paranoid man I would say that it's interesting how supposedly damning legal stuff got unsealed the day after Trump broke the Overton window

This was all scheduled well in advance, if there's any causality it would run in the other direction (Trump let himself off the leash more than usual because he knew this was about to drop).

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

twice burned ice posted:

true but i can believe she gets subpoenaed or some poo poo maybe.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

ewiley posted:

Sorry you're still in hellworld

"Look at that baby! It's so beautiful and bullet proof! The media will say it was just a prop but I've never seen it before in my life."

*crowd cheers and begins chanting*

"BASED Baby Saves POTUS!!""

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Literally threatening a congresswoman over a bill meant to save lives.

The Daily Beast posted:

According to the complaint, Varnum’s wife previously told police that he owns “numerous guns.” He has registered just one: a .45 caliber Ruger pistol. His wife’s statement came in the course of another law enforcement encounter in 2015. Carroll County sheriff's deputies responded to a call from Varnum’s wife, who reported that her husband was having “behavioral issues.” When police arrived, an intoxicated Varnum had holed up in his garage with a rifle and a bottle of vodka, insisting that Taliban militants were en route to his house.

Yeah this dude is turbo-football-bat-grade hosed up and should be locked up for a long loving time. :shepface:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

haveblue posted:

This was all scheduled well in advance, if there's any causality it would run in the other direction (Trump let himself off the leash more than usual because he knew this was about to drop).

^

There is no nth dimensional chess. Trump knew this was coming so he immediately lashed out like he always does. If the goal was to burry these stories he would be starting his racist diatribe right now, not several days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

true but i can believe she gets subpoenaed or some poo poo maybe.

hasn't she already ignored one?