Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Costumes, though, those are gonna shake things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Man this is a good week for PvPing cause Chavez is boosted, which means more damage off her passives + less health packs required to use her alongside Thanos.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Now that we have the Sub-Mariner, are we gonna get an old school Human Torch? Just a big ol’ flaming robot?

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
and all the Rocketcat fans are crying because they get the not as good Grocket in PVP

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I just started casually playing this again after taking like 18 month off and man things have changed. I was well into 4* champ land when I quit (about 1K playing days), and now I'm seriously behind. I'm missing probably 18 4* characters right now, and many of the ones introduced in the last 2 years are seriously under covered. My 2 cover 4* Carol seems to be a major issue with the current game dynamics. All of the required and boosted characters these last couple weeks are ones I don't have or have minimal covers which has hampered PVE progress.

I will say it's waaaay easier to earn ISO and HP than it used to be. In the last 3 weeks or so I've easily earned/pulled 3K HP, and probably 400K ISO. That's a big improvement for sure.

I'm sitting on 25LL tokens and 1200CP right now, and I feel like it's best to keep sitting on it all right now. It's fun again for now, something to mindlessly do while I watch TV late at night, don't think I could play competitively like I used to though. T25PVP stopped being fun.

They still have all those insane whales playing this game?

skipdogg fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 1, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

skipdogg posted:

I just started casually playing this again after taking like 18 month off and man things have changed. I was well into 4* champ land when I quit (about 1K playing days), and now I'm seriously behind. I'm missing probably 18 4* characters right now, and many of the ones introduced in the last 2 years are seriously under covered. My 2 cover 4* Carol seems to be a major issue with the current game dynamics. All of the required and boosted characters these last couple weeks are ones I don't have or have minimal covers which has hampered PVE progress.

I will say it's waaaay easier to earn ISO and HP than it used to be. In the last 3 weeks or so I've easily earned/pulled 3K HP, and probably 400K ISO. That's a big improvement for sure.

I'm sitting on 25LL tokens and 1200CP right now, and I feel like it's best to keep sitting on it all right now. It's fun again for now, something to mindlessly do while I watch TV late at night, don't think I could play competitively like I used to though. T25PVP stopped being fun.

They still have all those insane whales playing this game?

Yup :homebrew:
🙋🏻‍♂️

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I saw some familiar names on the leaderboards. What are you guys like 1700 days in now? I didn't see a few though. Troy and KDN I didn't see. Wonder if KDN just walked away after blowing 6 figures on the game.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So I got a new Pixel, and I can't seem to figure out how to transfer my game data from my iPhone 6s to it...

vvv Got it now. I thought it was, but the New Tutorial Game on Pixel was the one linked to FB. I had to finagle it but I am saved now. Huzzah.

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 5, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

So I got a new Pixel, and I can't seem to figure out how to transfer my game data from my iPhone 6s to it...

Is it linked to Facebook?

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

MarcusSA posted:

Is it linked to Facebook?

This is actually 90% why I keep my Facebook account.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Delpino posted:

This is actually 90% why I keep my Facebook account.

It’s 99% of the reason I keep it. I keep all my lovely F2P games linked to it.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
How I imagine the conversation goes at D3Go

"I'm starting to fear that RocketKitteh is too overpowered. Let's look at the next PVP, maybe we can figure a way to slow her down. What's the next 3* PVP, anyway?"

(beat)

"Oh, it's 3* Thanos."

(beat)

"DAMNIT."

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe
I'm really hating Bishop and Xpool right now, gently caress it sucks trying to knock them out.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Bishop/Thing/XForceDpool = The most annoying team EVER

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Also , Kitteh at 5 Purples kills Doc's tentacles and then countdown tiles.

edit: It's kinda sad that my alliance is going to finish Sinister Six 16 hours into a 90 hour event.

(we're already 2 million into the final round)

SirFozzie fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 8, 2019

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Why does every Carnage turn take 40 minutes?

And it's all a bunch of actions that Strange can't shoot him for?

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

Steve Vader posted:

Why does every Carnage turn take 40 minutes?

And it's all a bunch of actions that Strange can't shoot him for?

i turn off character animations for just that reason.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
Because Boss Carnage is the devil incarnate. One bad cascade and you get to sit quietly and watch for 10 minutes while you slowly lose. Imagine a black tile falling from the sky and matching itself forever.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Any cool Goon clans? I play once a day or so. I joined a pubbie clan. But if I can leach better alliance awards :shrug:

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

ScottyJSno posted:

Any cool Goon clans? I play once a day or so. I joined a pubbie clan. But if I can leach better alliance awards :shrug:

Bone Rangers has room for you if you like. We're pretty casual and chill.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

CidGregor posted:

Bone Rangers has room for you if you like. We're pretty casual and chill.

Thanks! Just Joined. SkippyRatBoy

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

ScottyJSno posted:

Thanks! Just Joined. SkippyRatBoy

Got you in, welcome aboard. We only really do the tryhard thing on the alliance boss events, everything else is pretty laid back.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Thanks again

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

The special edition covers for 2* and 3* Captain Marvel are so much better than their defaults. The 4* variant is somehow worse?

Also, Baing, if you’re still playing, please let someone in Pizza Dog know, or at least log in and play a round or two.

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!
I'm not Baing; but I'm not going to be on for a while. I'm in Pizza Dog as mscianca (or something similar), and my ipod, which has needed an external battery for a while to get more than 5 minutes of battery life, finally died. Not going to be able to do anything until I get a new one (or an iPhone, need to look into when my cell contract is up)

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

If you back your game up to Facebook, you can play cross platform on android as well I think, or bluestacks is an option

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

skipdogg posted:

If you back your game up to Facebook, you can play cross platform on android as well I think, or bluestacks is an option

This is how I moved from my iPhone to a Pixel 2 years ago

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

The Ultron Alliance boss event is back with a new 4* Thanos available for clearing rounds 5, 6 and 7. If anyone is in a struggling alliance and hasn't joined the event yet, perhaps we can revive the discussion about merging some of the goon alliances?

After purging a couple of multi-month inactives, Bone Rangers is currently sitting at 15/20 people, if anyone wants to join.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Picking the game back up after moving; am I imagining this, or did they change the art for SW’s battle model?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Picking the game back up after moving; am I imagining this, or did they change the art for SW’s battle model?

Yeah, they've done it for a few characters. 2* and 3* Captain Marvel and Kamala Khan, too.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Let bugjug6969420 into bone rangers because I'm a stupid child who plays this dumb game again.

Sillyman
Jul 21, 2008
edit: nothing to see here

Sillyman fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 16, 2019

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I have won MPQ by championing Bag Man.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
What round do the goon alliances usually reach in alliance events? The casual one I'm in is lucky to ever reach the first 4-star cover, so I'm wondering if it's worth changing since there's one coming up.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Not a goon alliance, but I play with a pretty deep guild (the minimum expected is progression from PvE events), we usually beat the event like 36 hours to go (which makes things a lot easier)

It's not a whale alliance, thank god (I haz no money while waiting on disability), you're not required to buy poo poo.

Nice to get L450 teamups when you need it, mind you :)

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Roxxon Oil which is a pretty casual goon guild will usually get at least one 4 star cover, and usually gets two. I don’t have invite powers, but there is an opening you could apply for.

gmcsonoma
Jan 27, 2004

Goonery has also some open slots right now

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Sent a request to Roxxon Oil. Name in the game is Best Loser

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Case in point: Less than an hour into the event, my alliance is in round 5.

(doesn't hurt our leadership has a tactic to speed up rouds 1 and 2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm in the Bone Rangers. Someone in this group is from there, right?

I can't say how well we do, actually.