Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There's also the episode where Dukat starts a doomsday cult worshipping the wraiths and when they're celebrating the birth of the cult's first child it looks exactly like him because he'd been cuckolding all the men in the cult. He gets that glorious "oh gently caress" look on his face and then tries to spin his bastard offspring as a sign from the gods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Miss posted:

ok but how funny was the episode where Molly went back in time on bajor and came back 15 years older and feral and Miles and Keiko were like "well nothing else for it, we'd better throw her back into those woods"

describes my childhood pretty well

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Lore is mooning them.

:yosbutt:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
“I am fully functional

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

dr soong, create an android capable of clapping those dummy thicc cheeks

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I wonder if they took an actual plaster cast of Brent Spiner's rear end.

It'd be totally unnecessary but somehow I could see Spiner insisting upon it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Fuuuuuck I'm onto the Battlestar Galactica episode with the Space Racist doctor and the loving idiot antivaxxer citizens.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The absolute funniest moment in DS9 is garak calling out Dukat for trying to hit on Kira when the station is going to explode in like 45 minutes . Dukat's expression is phenomenal

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

the other thing i like about that is how it explains why damar bites his lip so much with weyoun & the founders. he is literally gritting his teeth with fury while making sure that there is absolutely no chance of it being misinterpreted as flirting

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

peak dukat was him turning the lasers off, getting a cup of tea, and then turning them back on again
I also love the look on Garak’s face when it dawns on Dukat that he is now trapped too

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pick posted:

The absolute funniest moment in DS9 is garak calling out Dukat for trying to hit on Kira when the station is going to explode in like 45 minutes . Dukat's expression is phenomenal

My favourite is when Dukat smugly asks about Kira's baby, and reacts in genuine horror when she says it's O'Brien's :haw: it's one of the only times he's ever caught off guard without immediately catching himself and going back into smug Dukat mode

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Fuuuuuck I'm onto the Battlestar Galactica episode with the Space Racist doctor and the loving idiot antivaxxer citizens.

The only scene worth a drat in that ep is when Roslin and someone are watching Caprica Six in her cell while she's interacting with Head Baltar (you never know) and Roslin says "ok what do you think she's doing now?"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Danaru posted:

My favourite is when Dukat smugly asks about Kira's baby, and reacts in genuine horror when she says it's O'Brien's :haw: it's one of the only times he's ever caught off guard without immediately catching himself and going back into smug Dukat mode

Another extremely good one. Dukat is hilarious

E: another good one: "Im smiling :mad:"

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

I also love the look on Garak’s face when it dawns on Dukat that he is now trapped too

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

I haven't seen this but I bet it doesn't hold a candle to the Babylon 5 episode with the space racist doctor and loving idiot antivaxxer citizens

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Saw it coming. Was great anyway.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:hmbol:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

shame on an IGA posted:

I haven't seen this but I bet it doesn't hold a candle to the Babylon 5 episode with the space racist doctor and loving idiot antivaxxer citizens

As a baseline BSG has far better acting and effects work than Babylon 5 but it still has its share of absolute garbage scripts that not even the most talented actors can salvage.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Garak rules

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Hipster_Doofus posted:

The only scene worth a drat in that ep is when Roslin and someone are watching Caprica Six in her cell while she's interacting with Head Baltar (you never know) and Roslin says "ok what do you think she's doing now?"

I still say they massively missed an opportunity in that show to have both Baltar and Caprica Six interacting both with each other and with their respective head characters. It would've been a challenge to write it such that each side of their conversation could be meant for both recipients in different ways - and keep you guessing whether the latter knew of each other's presence.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

I still say they massively missed an opportunity in that show to have both Baltar and Caprica Six interacting both with each other and with their respective head characters. It would've been a challenge to write it such that each side of their conversation could be meant for both recipients in different ways - and keep you guessing whether the latter knew of each other's presence.

I mean, they did meet each other's head doubles? The Heads definitely knew about one another, given that they're angels from God, but they never had a scene like that until both Caprica and Baltar sat down and Head Six and Head Baltar both sat down to make things awkward for them.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Yeah, it was something biochemical that specifically brought them out pre-puberty.

I don't remember why was that even a problem that needed to be solved? You just got handed another 20-40 years of prime physical health. Yeah, okay, you may need to take a sabbatical for 10 years to get back to an age appropriate for your career so people take you seriously, so use your newfound brain plasticity to learn another musical instrument, language, or get a couple more post doctorate degrees. Sleep through the night without needing to get up to pee.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Arcsquad12 posted:

I mean, they did meet each other's head doubles? The Heads definitely knew about one another, given that they're angels from God, but they never had a scene like that until both Caprica and Baltar sat down and Head Six and Head Baltar both sat down to make things awkward for them.

I guess it's been a really long time, I haven't watched it since it aired. But it still wasn't the four-way conversation as I was envisioning, was it? I figured I would have remembered that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

I don't remember why was that even a problem that needed to be solved? You just got handed another 20-40 years of prime physical health. Yeah, okay, you may need to take a sabbatical for 10 years to get back to an age appropriate for your career so people take you seriously, so use your newfound brain plasticity to learn another musical instrument, language, or get a couple more post doctorate degrees. Sleep through the night without needing to get up to pee.

it would have killed picard's career, at least.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

I guess it's been a really long time, I haven't watched it since it aired. But it still wasn't the four-way conversation as I was envisioning, was it? I figured I would have remembered that.

No, they were all aware of one another and Baltar got freaked out seeing his double. It's in season 4 I believe.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Arcsquad12 posted:

No, they were all aware of one another and Baltar got freaked out seeing his double. It's in season 4 I believe.

That was the series finale, in the middle of the big final battle. It was implied that was Caprica's first time seeing hers.

Baltar saw his on his own some time in the latter half of the season, in the mess hall. He said "Oh my god, oh my giddy aunt" with flawless delivery and I had to pause it for a bit.

Hipster_Doofus fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 18, 2019

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Bogus Adventure posted:

I haven't seen the episode in a long time, but maybe it just transformed them back to their child-states rather than a specific amount of years. :shrug:

Given that it affected both Picard and Keiko/Ro pretty much the same, it was clearly 'to a child of x development' rather than '-y years'.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it would have killed picard's career, at least.

And Keiko's marriage. (spare us the jokes I just set up, please)

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Regardless of the mechanics, it was a good episode.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's all explained with complicated/fake math.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
This whole show is made up I don't know how people can respect such lies

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zesty posted:

It's too bad he didn't have a personality or I might've cared. It's okay, an identical replacement comes back for... 2 or 3 appearances before they get rid of him too.

You are the worst poster in this thread. He literally made a post mocking this kind of thing and you couldn't help yourself.

Everyone look at this pissbaby who spent :10bux: because I talked poo poo about his dad Seth exactly once

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Everyone look at this pissbaby who spent :10bux: because I talked poo poo about his dad Seth exactly once

Bwahahaha how embarrassing. (For them not you.)

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I feel like whoever it was put more thought into mine

I'm actually overjoyed by this, after all these years I've finally arrived

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Tighclops posted:

lmao that Zesty is that butthurt

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Do I get a free avatar if I post bad things about Seth? Seth Macfarlane is a poo poo head! Family Guy was derivative! The Orville is merely okay.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's the funny thing I actually like his shows even the bad ones I probably shouldn't.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Tighclops posted:

Wait what when did you talk poo poo about Seth?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That's the funny thing I actually like his shows even the bad ones I probably shouldn't.
American Dad is still good but I think at this point he only voices some of the characters and has no other involvement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Wow, I didn't think this was going to work.