Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

Jose posted:

lol i hope this is real because way to piss off a bunch of players

surely these have to be clickbait

what has neymar done in the last two years to warrant this much interest? the occasional rainbow flick?

or is it all about image rights/ad money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Joelinton having his medical apparently

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Perin failed his medical with Benfica

Lol

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Jose posted:

lol i hope this is real because way to piss off a bunch of players

Transfer season for the big clubs is pure insanity.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Perin failed his medical with Benfica

Lol

lmao, what the gently caress

Maybe that's why he's going for so little.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

lmao, what the gently caress

Maybe that's why he's going for so little.

Yeah he's had all those knee surgeries and some shoulder issues. Haven't seen what caused him to fail today's medical.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Joelinton having his medical apparently

Cant take this name seriously as I knew a ned from East Kilbride called Joe Linton who was a carney gently caress head

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

trem_two posted:

Betis are about to buy Fekir for €30m, at which point Betis will agree to a deal with Spurs for Lo Celso.

I wonder how Betis will react to the medical reports on Fekir's knees.

psyer posted:

Full price is about $60/year. And they usually have sales/discount code for new user. They recently had a 40% off sale for new users during the July 4th weekend.

As for content, The Athletic is more about quality over clickbait articles. They usually have some good long form articles and in depth profile/analysis/feature. It somewhat is successful in the US, at least through reputation. There was an interview couple years ago where they mention that they have a retention of 90% of its subscriber.

I've been a subscriber for a bit over a year now, and am pretty happy with it. They cover a lot of different sports, so if you follow multiple sports you'll probably find it more worth your while than if you're just a fan of one league or sport.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

trem_two posted:

Yeah he's had all those knee surgeries and some shoulder issues. Haven't seen what caused him to fail today's medical.

Has any other keeper failed a medical before Perin?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

CyberPingu posted:

Cant take this name seriously as I knew a ned from East Kilbride called Joe Linton who was a carney gently caress head

As soon as I saw his name a few days ago I imagined him being known as Joe Linton forever if he signed for an English club

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Shroud posted:

Has any other keeper failed a medical before Perin?

Victor Valdes did, but that was coming right off of ACL surgery.

Sounds like Perin's deal might go through anyways, just with amended terms of some sort.

E: he's going to stay with Juve to rehab and then transfer to Benfica in January if he can pass a medical then

trem_two fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 18, 2019

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

If I wanted to pay money to read some dipshit moron Make stuff up on line I’d simply click your post history

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Big Huski Boi posted:

I support not signing a center back for next season in the naive hope that it forces these gigantic morons to give Bielik a chance.

clearly that is working out:

https://arseblog.news/2019/07/report-bielik-determined-to-leave-arsenal/

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Arsenal being a huge organizational disaster is pretty funny to me at this point.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Bape Culture posted:

If I wanted to pay money to read some dipshit moron Make stuff up on line I’d simply click your post history

qft

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Tbh I don’t really care if he did or not it’s just an excuse to post this haircut again

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Rumours that eriksen might be signing a new contract. It does seem like madrid went off him in a big way. Does that mean they will go all out for pogba now? Quite a few weird knock on things going on (ceballos as well).

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Jippa posted:

Rumours that eriksen might be signing a new contract. It does seem like madrid went off him in a big way. Does that mean they will go all out for pogba now? Quite a few weird knock on things going on (ceballos as well).

Presume they'll go for Pogba if by some miracle they manage to offload Bale and James

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2019/07/19/wolves-chasing-ac-milan-striker-patrick-cutrone/

At this point I’ll take just about anyone, but cutrone would be cool.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

ANNOUNCE JOELINTON

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Bruce signs son Alex

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ANNOUNCE JOELINTON

and sign some other players

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Honestly this is still in the realm of possibility

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Nice one, we've done it guys, we've found the worst site on the internet!

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Mickolution posted:

Nice one, we've done it guys, we've found the worst site on the internet!

You’ve actually been posting on it for years

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Raffles posted:

You’ve actually been posting on it for years

Touché.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Italian papers are saying Milan want Correa from Atetico, which would require selling Cutrone and likely André Silva as well.

Seems insane but this transfer season is only about money so I can see it happening. He’s real good and will fight to the death; honestly I’d rather keep him than take a gamble.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
https://twitter.com/Poundland/status/1152196464120074240

might be wrong thread but imagine being so poo poo that even poundland is dumping on you

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

Jippa posted:

Rumor is Ceballos wouldn't commit to a permanent deal, and was just trying to use a loan spell to break into Madrid's first team. Club had no interest in that so they stopped pursuing. He's going to Arsenal now. Saliba chose Arsenal as well, and that's almost wrapped up.

Lots of buzz about the transfer record being broken again for Lo Celso, and one outlet even reported that that transfer isn't dependant on Eriksen leaving, which would be unprecedented ambition on Levy's part. Still badly need a left back if Rose is leaving though.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Italian papers are saying Milan want Correa from Atetico, which would require selling Cutrone and likely André Silva as well.

Seems insane but this transfer season is only about money so I can see it happening. He’s real good and will fight to the death; honestly I’d rather keep him than take a gamble.

Yeah it seems kinda crazy from Milan’s perspective, but it’s called silly season for a reason.

We really just need bodies at this point and time is running thin.

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

kcer posted:

https://twitter.com/Poundland/status/1152196464120074240

might be wrong thread but imagine being so poo poo that even poundland is dumping on you

it does improve the shirt though tbh

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

ANNOUNCE ALEX BRUCE

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Wtf is going on that Newcastle are going to drop €40m on a striker that scored 7 bundesliga goals last year

His best record is 8 in 33 in the Austrian bundesliga for one of the best teams in the league

he scored 14 in league and 19 overall, which is pretty good he was usually playing in a ST partnership with the leading scorer in the Bundesliga, Jovic

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

vivisectvnv posted:

he scored 14 in league and 19 overall, which is pretty good he was usually playing in a ST partnership with the leading scorer in the Bundesliga, Jovic

You're thinking of the guy that West Ham bought.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

MrBling posted:

oh right, my bad!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

These marketing gimmicks are pretty dumb but I welcome the sash

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

vivisectvnv posted:

MrBling posted:

either of you know if Haller is actually any good? He looks quality from the youtube reels but so does literally every player

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

either of you know if Haller is actually any good? He looks quality from the youtube reels but so does literally every player

Ninja Stebe | Welcome to West Ham | Goals | Skills | Dropbears | BMWs

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Haller is a good egg, and too big for the West Ham shitcloggers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

https://twitter.com/tim_spiers_Star/status/1152276355289141248?s=19

Tim spiers is our top-tier reporter. If we get Dias and Cutrone holy gently caress.