Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is it worth doing the doman reconstruction thing this late out or should I just vendor all these allagan plat pieces I have hanging around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
They story was nice. The vendor reward isn't a huge deal. (sell 20K gill worth of poo poo for 40K, weekly)

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is it worth doing the doman reconstruction thing this late out or should I just vendor all these allagan plat pieces I have hanging around.

It doesn't offer much besides some cutscenes and glamour, but it's a nice enough story and is extremely easy to do. Plus the ability to make an extra 20k per week as noted.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The haori is extremely good, I can't remember at what rank you get it though. Either way it's something that takes zero effort, you just go to doma every week and sell them some garbage.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

There's really no reason not to. It's cute, you get vendor access to some stuff and it's basically free money.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Yanxian Merchant's Haori you get from the Doman reconstruction is extremely cute and makes a great glam for my AST, yes

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Do it. It's a very small amount of effort once a week for some extra story/cutscenes, unique items/gear, and an achievement at the end. Allagan pieces are perfect for quickly completing the weekly requirement.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Which of you is actually going to that vendor every week for 20k. Show yourself coward

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Countblanc posted:

Which of you is actually going to that vendor every week for 20k. Show yourself coward

Looks like we've spotted The Poor.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Countblanc posted:

Gotta do something with all the Demimateria I get from desynth

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Countblanc posted:

I've been doing it every week since I finished the story, though I was a bit late and only finished towards the end of Stormblood (I didn't realize just how low-effort it was). Mostly I just save up the allagan currency I get each week then turn in 20k worth and vendor the rest.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I wish they'd relax the 20k per week restriction on the Doman Enclave a bit given how old the content is at this point.

(I just want it to go faster)

aers
Feb 15, 2012

isk posted:

Gotta do something with all the Demimateria I get from desynth

Yeah I'm set for the next 50 weeks of vendoring 2 a week...

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is fun but the fetch quests are so annoying. I’m currently level 11 and don’t like my class though. Is it okay if I forever abandon it now and try a different one with the same character?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Empress Brosephine posted:

This game is fun but the fetch quests are so annoying. I’m currently level 11 and don’t like my class though. Is it okay if I forever abandon it now and try a different one with the same character?

Yeah, as soon as you can unlock a new class, grab it and never look back. The class you pick to start changes nothing permament.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I wish they'd relax the 20k per week restriction on the Doman Enclave a bit given how old the content is at this point.

(I just want it to go faster)

It goes up as you rank up

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Panegyrist's equipment dropped in Sohr Khai is real good, I hardly ever see it because who the hell runs Sohr Khai? I wonder how many cool cosmetic pieces I'm missing just because they're in old dungeons now.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Yeah, as soon as you can unlock a new class, grab it and never look back. The class you pick to start changes nothing permament.

Thanks. Going to try physical dps I think or bard. How hard is it to level a healer in this game?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Panegyrist's equipment dropped in Sohr Khai is real good, I hardly ever see it because who the hell runs Sohr Khai? I wonder how many cool cosmetic pieces I'm missing just because they're in old dungeons now.

The dragoon gear from Sirensong Sea is a palette swap of the panegyrist gear, if you want the look on a different job!

But yeah there is a lot of good looking stuff in old dungeons (some stinkers too). Garlond Tools is your friend here.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

at level 11 your class barely exists lol

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Just checking, but by "fetch quests" you don't mean you're doing all the side quests in town are you?

And yeah healers are insanely easy to level, they still do decent DPS when soloing + later on your get your battle chocobo to level up, and dungeon queues will always be instant

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I’ve been doing every quest there is should I stop doing that

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
a significant amount of questing doesn't involve you fighting if you stick to the MSQ (and honestly even if you dont), and the times you are tasked with killing things its usually like 1-3 enemies. leveling a healer like this is real easy since while you do kill slower you do fine damage and you barely have to fight anyway.

and if you go back and level a healer after you've already done quests you can just do the vast majority of it in dungeons with instant queue times anyway.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thundarr posted:

The dragoon gear from Sirensong Sea is a palette swap of the panegyrist gear, if you want the look on a different job!
This owns because I'm about to run it.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yeah I’ve been doing every quest there is should I stop doing that

yeah just do the MSQ and then the blue + mark ones too, those unlock stuff. can do sidequests if you ever fall behind but you probably wont. you unlock levelling roulette at leve 16 and that nets you a bunch of exp daily too.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Some people will say otherwise, but no skip them, especially all the single digit level trash quests in town that just have you run from one side to the other. You can come back and do them later on another job if you really care, some of them have fun stories (but mostly the ones in later zones + expansions).

You'll get enough xp just following the MSQ.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

You will hit a point just doing the MSQ in the mid to high 40s where you'll be underleveled for the next step (maybe between the 43 and 45 requirements, maybe in the hideous slog from 47 to 50). As such: Do the leveling Roulette every day along the way there. This will help give you enough of a buffer.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok that sounds way more enjoyable and I’ll do that. The side quests had me killing stuff non stop and it was annoying. Fun but annoying. Thanks goons for the help.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Yeah you have to remember that you have like thirteen classes worth of quests for leveling so definitely don’t do like...MOST of them. Do MSQ stuff and any quests that has a blue indicator with a plus sign.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I have a couple of questions that are crafting related that I want to clear up so I know what to prioritize before savage raids comes out:

1. From my understanding, the first crafting masterwork books are coming out with savage raids, right?
2. Do these masterwork books include better crafting/gathering gear? Or is it just battle class gear/furniture/glamour?
3. If it doesn't include better crafting/gathering gear, when does that typically become available? 5.1?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

homeless snail posted:

Some people will say otherwise, but no skip them, especially all the single digit level trash quests in town that just have you run from one side to the other. You can come back and do them later on another job if you really care, some of them have fun stories (but mostly the ones in later zones + expansions).

You'll get enough xp just following the MSQ.
They really need to make the early garbage quests level scale or something like ShB quests do so that people will have a reason to ever do them.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

There's a lot of QoL poo poo they need to backport to 2.0 stuff at this point. Like even quest and fate exp itself is just insanely low in 2.0 compared to SB and ShB

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

homeless snail posted:

There's a lot of QoL poo poo they need to backport to 2.0 stuff at this point. Like even quest and fate exp itself is just insanely low in 2.0 compared to SB and ShB
Hitting SB and having the first FATE I did drop 200k xp on me after FATEs in the game to date being absolutely worthless has been just amazing, is it always like this from here?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
So is there any actual strategy to the Feast or is it just people colluding on voice chat to steamroll people or give each other win trades for the mounts?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Hitting SB and having the first FATE I did drop 200k xp on me after FATEs in the game to date being absolutely worthless has been just amazing, is it always like this from here?
Yeah, there's also EXP bonus fates, and that weird fairy thing that appears occasionally that gives you a big bonus to your next fate if you kill it. Its still not the best way in the world to level, but its a lot better than it was before. + Shadowbringers adds another layer of encouragement for doing fates with the fate vendors

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Solitair posted:

So is there any actual strategy to the Feast or is it just people colluding on voice chat to steamroll people or give each other win trades for the mounts?

colluding on voice is a weird way to put it

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

homeless snail posted:

Yeah, there's also EXP bonus fates, and that weird fairy thing that appears occasionally that gives you a big bonus to your next fate if you kill it. Its still not the best way in the world to level, but its a lot better than it was before. + Shadowbringers adds another layer of encouragement for doing fates with the fate vendors

I remember when fates WERE the best way in the world to level. :negative:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Dark Devices is up.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Gorelab posted:

I remember when fates WERE the best way in the world to level. :negative:
That's Right, 6 months ago, when BLU came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Ibram Gaunt posted:

this is the best content in the game and ill fly to japan and light myself on fire if they don't do more rebuilding arcs