Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I’m wooting aloud at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Jesus Christ

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Every single CineD poster needs to see this opening week and once a week after that for a month.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ion cannon standing by

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is out the same day as Star Wars

Honestly...at least I know there will still be seats left available for this...kinda tempting

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Uhhh...

lmao.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I...can't...look away.

:wtc:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We've strayed too far from the light.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kevin Spacey: Well say what you will about Nine Lives but at least I didn't embarrass myself

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

They finally did it. They invented catgirls that even anime fans wouldn’t want to gently caress.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I feel like if they just put on cat noses it'd be okay... ish.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I can't quite decide, but I think the Rebel Wilson cat is the best/worst part of the trailer.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Anomalous Blowout posted:

They finally did it. They invented catgirls that even anime fans wouldn’t want to gently caress.

Lol.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Look What You Made Me Mew

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

you can tell that this isn't real because tom hooper would never ever admit fault for anything ever

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

It's incredible how they've managed to lovingly craft monstrosities that are neither human nor cat. My brain is immediately and completely repulsed by them.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy poo poo, they look horrifying with the actors' faces on the cats :stonk:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

But, it's like, have you seen the original CATS? This isn't a Sonic situation here, the originals CATS was weird as poo poo too.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The CGI on this scene is abysmal.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

JazzFlight posted:

But, it's like, have you seen the original CATS? This isn't a Sonic situation here, the originals CATS was weird as poo poo too.

Everything about CATS, top to bottom, is messed up. Even the names sound wrong. “Jellicles” and “Rum Tum Tugger”? Everything about it is immediately offputting in a way I can’t quite articulate.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

JazzFlight posted:

I mean, compare the Munkustrap from the stage show to whatever nonsense is going on in the trailer (he's the gray one)

And the less said the better about Jennyanydots, Rebel Wilson's character. If they stay true to the original, she has a very long tap number as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=778msfd1hV8

With a reveal and god knows what they've got for that. Something from the Necronomicon I'd wager.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
James Cordon's character, Bustopher Jones is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjwbgxFmwQw

This will go about as well as you would expect.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

kiimo posted:

It was especially funny how the trailer was leading up to this epic moment and then....that happened. It feels like this is some giant joke that I'm not in on. Like, it's so clearly horrible looking, nightmarish uncanny valley fever dream but most of the comments on the video (probably industry plants) are hyped and positive? And I'm here watching that like it's some indescribable Lovecraftian thing that should not be.
Jesus christ.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

kiimo posted:

Jennifer Hudson should loving sue.

Anyway, I'm definitely seeing this movie at least twice in the theatre.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/bobmarshall/status/1151973931940757506

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
The Cats trailer is the approach Disney should have taken with The Lion King remake.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

There's night and day, brother, both sweet things; sun, moon, and stars, brother, all sweet things; there's likewise a wind on the heath. Life is very sweet, brother; who would wish to die?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Punkin Spunkin posted:

There's night and day, brother, both sweet things; sun, moon, and stars, brother, all sweet things; there's likewise a wind on the heath. Life is very sweet, brother; who would wish to die?

Lmao

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Replace Tom Hooper with Tobe Hooper imho.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I want to die.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Never thought something cat related would give me nightmares, but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Meat’s back on the menu, boys!