Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Laranzu posted:

The Marines on Boxer in 08 stood on the flight deck with a stinger-esque MANPADs waiting for the opportunity. 11 years later they got it.

I can just imagine how tense EXPLOT, FLAGPLOT, and CIC were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Honestly, at this point I will probably vote for the first candidate who says they'll fist fight global warming and ICE with truth in their hearts.

Basically I think I want a juggalo to give it a go.

Edit sorry I have no idea what thread I thought I was replying to but it's now lost to me.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

:chaostrump:"Hey Mitch, it's raining."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wasabi the J posted:

Honestly, at this point I will probably vote for the first candidate who says they'll fist fight global warming and ICE with truth in their hearts.

Edit sorry I have no idea what thread I thought I was replying to but it's now lost to me.

Peter thiel called Warren dangerous so I'm leaning towards her now

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Peter thiel called Warren dangerous so I'm leaning towards her now
Naw, let's here out what the literal vampire has to say.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Casimir Radon posted:

Naw, let's here out what the literal vampire has to say.

She wants to ban that leveraged buyout poo poo where the bought-out company has to make the payments on the loans used to buy them out

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Wasabi the J posted:

Pretty sure that Marianne Williamson already made that promise. Open your third eye and let her truth shine into your soul.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/eponawest/status/1151579687153389568

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

She wants to ban that leveraged buyout poo poo where the bought-out company has to make the payments on the loans used to buy them out
I'm all for it, and Liz. I just wanted to make jokes about Peter "Ridiculous Parody of an Evil Rich Person" Thiel.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Williamson for Secretary of Spiritual Enlightenment or something

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Are you guys ready to head back to the DANGER ZONE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSqVVswa420

Bonus Archer, because who doesnt want Archer in their lives?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyAn3fSs8_A

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 18, 2019

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Holy poo poo i would watch the FUUCK out of an archerised top gun

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

News of the Stupid, or Etymology Does Not Work That Way:

CNN posted:

Soon, there will be no more manholes in the city of Berkeley, California. There will also be no chairmen, no manpower, no policemen or policewomen.

No, that doesn't mean a whole city will be without committee leaders and law enforcement. It means that words that imply a gender preference will be removed from the city's codes and replaced with gender-neutral terms, according a recently adopted ordinance.

The city voted Tuesday night to replace gendered terms in its municipal codes, like "manhole" and "manpower," with gender-neutral ones like "maintenance hole" and "human effort."

The item passed without discussion or comments and was not controversial, said Berkeley City Council member Rigel Robinson, the bill's primary author.

"There's power in language," Robinson said. "This is a small move, but it matters."

The revised city documents also will replace instances of gendered pronouns, such as "he" and "she" with "they," according to the ordinance.

Berkeley's municipal code currently contains mostly masculine pronouns, the office of the city manager said in a letter to the mayor and city council.

"Having a male-centric municipal code is inaccurate and not reflective of our reality," Robinson said. "Women and non-binary individuals are just as entitled to accurate representation. Our laws are for everyone, and our municipal code should reflect that."

I swear they do this just so Fox can make people's grandparents angry over stupid nonsense.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Stravag posted:

Holy poo poo i would watch the FUUCK out of an archerised top gun

They only got like maybe a season left in them. Aisha Tyler and others sound exhausted with it in interviews.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

nvm i'm in a sour mood

colachute fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 18, 2019

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Will the Manhole gay bar have to change names too?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The Maintenance Hole just doesn't have the same ring to it :sigh:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

They only got like maybe a season left in them. Aisha Tyler and others sound exhausted with it in interviews.

Understandle but disappointing

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

They're gonna have the most confusing RFPs.

"Please provide an estimate for the number of person efforts it will take to replace all maintenance holes in the city."

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Berkeley also banned natural gas in all new construction homes last week too. :negative:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

News of the Stupid, or Etymology Does Not Work That Way:

I swear they do this just so Fox can make people's grandparents angry over stupid nonsense.

why the gently caress do you give a poo poo about this? are you someone's grandparent?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Maybe they can change it to "The Bilge Pump"

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

SeaborneClink posted:

Berkeley also banned natural gas in all new construction homes last week too. :negative:

hope your electricity is created through re-newable means else you're probably wasting more resources cause electric heating is terribly inefficient unless theres some new tech I dont know about

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hot Karl Marx posted:

That’s in San Fransisco. The art above the entrance is cool.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Hot Karl Marx posted:

hope your electricity is created through re-newable means else you're probably wasting more resources cause electric heating is terribly inefficient unless theres some new tech I dont know about

Have these people never loving cooked on a gas stove? Electric loving sucks.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Laranzu posted:

Have these people never loving cooked on a gas stove? Electric loving sucks.

I like my electric stove but the gas stove in my old apartment effectively had no setting below medium so I couldn’t get a good simmer going.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/thauserkstp/status/1151970452337758209?s=19

Since sometimes I forget that not all hope is lost.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Air cooled heat pumps aren't bad these days especially in milder climates.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

DurosKlav posted:

Are you guys ready to head back to the DANGER ZONE?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSqVVswa420

oh goodness I don't want to get my hopes up but then again Tom Cruise doesn't tend to be in garbo movies anymore and those in-cockpit shots look reaaaaaaal good.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

I will never in my loving life know what it is to be represented by someone who isn't a complete piece of poo poo

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I will never in my loving life know what it is to be represented by someone who isn't a complete piece of poo poo

while The Squad doesn't represent me directly, i do think they represent me better than almost anyone else in congress.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Fallom posted:

I like my electric stove but the gas stove in my old apartment effectively had no setting below medium so I couldn’t get a good simmer going.

Sit your pot in a frying pan :)

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

speaking of upcoming releases, every day we stray further from god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq50F-IDXDc

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
The cgi and the cats look like Hilary Duff's character in Food Fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81uIhu8qrrs

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

psydude posted:

They're gonna have the most confusing RFPs.

"Please provide an estimate for the number of person efforts it will take to replace all maintenance holes in the city."

worker-hours

and yeah maintenance holes

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Brute Squad posted:

There's no way they can possibly gently caress this up with that cast, it doesn't even matter.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Brute Squad posted:

cats is a great play

this?

quick edit: yeah that's a hell of a cast for a musical and since Dr. FAUXTON and I both are cat people we'll probably end up seeing it unless she has the same visceral whiplash at "oh my god it's real strange when they do this"

not-so-quick edit: yeah nope we ain't gonna see it lmao

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 19, 2019

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/bradheath/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Man the idea of the pursuit of justice against leadership not being a thing because of policy is just beyond me.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Fallom posted:

Man the idea of the pursuit of justice against leadership not being a thing because of policy is just beyond me.

It's kind of a fundamental, reasonable problem with the system, with a weak failsafe.

The President is the head of the Executive Branch. The Executive Branch includes all law enforcement agencies, following the laws that the Congress passes. Naturally, the Executive Branch simply can't enforce every single law completely, there will never be the manpower/money for that. So, the President has the ability to set enforcement priorities on certain crimes (and somehow always locks up more black people).

So since the President can set enforcement priorities, he can then tell people *not* to enforce crimes. Which could include his crimes! Plus, he has hire/fire power for basically everyone with decision-making authority in the Executive Branch! Hell, he has unchecked pardon ability for federal crimes, enshrined in the Constitution!

Really, you don't want some crazy Attorney General ordering the FBI to charge the President with a crime. I mean, look at all the wingnut Republicans that thought Obama was born in another country and therefore an usurper!

So, current DOJ policy, in looking for an out, basically decided that the above is a big legal clusterfuck. Meanwhile, Congress has a very clear impeachment/conviction power, in the Constitution and everything! Plus, you could always go after an ex-President for some crime after they're done in office.

So the policy makes rational sense. It's just too bad that Congress is that safety valve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
not that our system is good(its garbage) but we're in this position because Congress has basically abdicated all of its power since 9/11 because you can always blame it on the President(who is term limited) and keep your endless grift going