Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

RuanGacho posted:

Is this a bad time to support a Kaiju demolishing the white house so we can start fresh?

Ghidorah for President, VP and SoS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Condiv posted:

i would blame CIA fronts for vaccine deaths in the 3rd world before I blamed oprah's woowoo seller

of course, that gets in the way of saying the war machine isn't as deadly as antivaxxers so I guess we're just gonna pretend that's not another part of said war machine

the cia released weaponized ticks and there's lead in the water supply and boomers played in mercury puddles in their childhoods, its all coming to a head in the anti-vaxx movement as a byproduct of all of that

yet i think the capitalist that wants to brick up hospitals that have mutant babies is an x-men plot waiting to go south real bad if elected

its either the torment:tides of numenera timeline with marianne, or the animatrix timeline with yang or the star trek timeline with bernie, or we get the back to the future timeline with trump

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

she actually clarified her position so she's not anti-vax so its a mischaracterization but hey people want to compare her to the capitalist that wants to hermetically seal women inside the maternity wards of a now defunct hospital for failing to pop out fully intact babies out of their vaginas

Most anti-vaxxers claim they're not anti-vax, though. Jenny McCarthy, for example, says she's not anti-vax, she's "pro-safe-vaccine schedule". Andrew Wakefield, the fraud who faked the original MMR-causes-autism study, claims that he's not anti-vax, he's just concerned about "the safest way in which to deliver these vaccines to children". RFK Jr. says that he's not anti-vax, he just wants to make sure we're using "safe vaccines with robust safety testing" and is worried that we're "forcing pharmaceutical products on unwilling American citizens without understanding the downside risks". And so on, and so forth. Sometimes they're "pro-informed consent". Sometimes they're "vaccine risk aware". They never come out and say they oppose vaccination - they just suggest and insinuate that our current vaccinations, schedules, and systems may not be completely safe and that parents should have more choice about when and how to confront the dangers of vaccines.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Lastgirl posted:

it was always ironic and tongue in cheek wrt to buttigieg and avenatti, don't overthink it and take it at face value on the only space that isn't allowed to have comedy on a comedy forum
Wait, who's ironically supporting Buttigieg? Are the Followers of Geno still around?

Lastgirl posted:

its either the torment:tides of numenera timeline with marianne, or the animatrix timeline with yang or the star trek timeline with bernie, or we get the back to the future timeline with trump
Williamson is silly but doesn't deserve to be compared to Monte Cook.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Main Paineframe posted:

Most anti-vaxxers claim they're not anti-vax, though. Jenny McCarthy, for example, says she's not anti-vax, she's "pro-safe-vaccine schedule". Andrew Wakefield, the fraud who faked the original MMR-causes-autism study, claims that he's not anti-vax, he's just concerned about "the safest way in which to deliver these vaccines to children". RFK Jr. says that he's not anti-vax, he just wants to make sure we're using "safe vaccines with robust safety testing" and is worried that we're "forcing pharmaceutical products on unwilling American citizens without understanding the downside risks". And so on, and so forth. Sometimes they're "pro-informed consent". Sometimes they're "vaccine risk aware". They never come out and say they oppose vaccination - they just suggest and insinuate that our current vaccinations, schedules, and systems may not be completely safe and that parents should have more choice about when and how to confront the dangers of vaccines.

she literally is not opposed to vaccination though, she literally has nothing in her stuff about stopping or in any way bothering with them, she made a dumb comment off hand but there's nothing actually 'anti-vax' about her

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I'm opposed to this vexin' nation

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

I'm opposed to this vexin' nation

I think France should give the Vexin back to England.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Majorian posted:

I think France should give the Vexin back to England.

not empty quoting

edit also the weaponized ticks theory is both super weird and a plot idea Peter Watts has kicked around, although I think he settled on weaponized yogurt

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 18, 2019

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Main Paineframe posted:

that is a fair point, raising concern is damaging enough regardless if its good/bad faith. I still think the only thing to really urge on is Marianne making sure she offers criticism of US imperialism and institutionalized racism in the debates as everyone else is walking on eggshells since their spines are made out of jelly as they get some nice cushy kickbacks. It's a good foil to Bernie, so I wouldn't discredit Marianne on that basis because she does a lot of good work despite those comments. She literally supports reparations and is actually far better on her merits than some neoliberal emptysuit who licks big pharma boots since she actually does advocacy, re: Angel Food. Nobody's perfect in that regard so it's hypocritical especially when people cherrypick their problematic fav candidates merits too.

Halloween Jack posted:

Wait, who's ironically supporting Buttigieg? Are the Followers of Geno still around?

Williamson is silly but doesn't deserve to be compared to Monte Cook.

this was way before buttigieg ran for president, as he was running for DNC chair lots of people were mocking his name and making fart sounds and put his face in a communist mural as a gag, and serious people took that at face value and lumped it all together as some kind of irony poisoning shtick. It's very intellectually stimulating~

Marianne is literally one of Callistege's sisters, as the original copy is actually the evil twin to them all and plots their demise, also loads of indescribable artifacts, crystals, and orbs are found in that universe upon the detritus of civilization and you engage in psychic combat against imaginary beings. It's uncanny. it's wild man~ :grin:

sexpig by night posted:

she literally is not opposed to vaccination though, she literally has nothing in her stuff about stopping or in any way bothering with them, she made a dumb comment off hand but there's nothing actually 'anti-vax' about her

yup, she's not even in the movement afaik, just public comments

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jul 18, 2019

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Which candidate is anti-vaxx, but only for rich people

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mormonpartyboat posted:

i guess its hard to be anti-imperialist when you're also arguing that we need to send the marines into central africa to vaccinate people

Vaxxing here.
Vaxxing there.
Nasal mists, sterile shots, free health Care.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Ghidorah for President, VP and SoS

The natural-born citizen requirement somewhat limits our options as far as kaiju go.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Terror Sweat posted:

Which candidate is anti-vaxx, but only for rich people

I think that's trump actually, he freaks out about CHILDREN ARE NOT HORSES to play the 'we just do too many shots!!! SCARY!!!!!' card but he also seems to support vaccination programs that focus on public schools and health centers and all.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Just caught a Tucker segment at the gym where he's jacking himself off over :airquote: predicting :airquote: that Biden won't win the nomination. How do people watch this regularly?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1152011612225622017

:hai:

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

I watched the primary draw so you don’t have to:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

PenguinKnight posted:

Biden Harris. Round two. FIGHT!

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

A-OK with the Bernie and Liz matchup. They've clearly agreed to go soft on each other so we shouldn't get some dumb surprise there.

Biden and Kamala was the best possible outcome.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

PenguinKnight posted:

A bit too convenient

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

It's actually Biden and every POC candidate in the same night

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Great another chance for Harris to dunk on an easy dunkable candidate and show how tough she is.

That Harris might win the nomination because of debate draws is incredibly frustrating

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

theblackw0lf posted:

Great another chance for Harris to dunk on an easy dunkable candidate and show how tough she is.

That Harris might win the nomination because of debate draws is incredibly frustrating

Meh we'll get plenty of debates with Liz and Bernie on the same stage as Harris.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

theblackw0lf posted:

She and Biden will eat each other. He is very obviously gonna come into this with her own record to throw in her face.

Meanwhile I'm ok with Bernie avoiding her because she's absolutely gonna play to 2016 horseshit with him if she gets the chance.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

yeah Biden was not expecting to get attacked last time, this time he's gonna try to attack back. It will come across as petty and mean, and completely destroy whatever is left of his cool old man persona.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

I'm more curious if any of the B and C tier candidates are going to take a shot at Harris. I'm not expecting it as I think they're all angling for cabinet positions and VP slots? Maybe Booker still thinks he has a chance at this and will take an opportunistic stab?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The other positive is that there is a decent chance he draws her into "attacking" Obama again which doesn't play well even if Biden will be making an rear end of himself. The whole thing will hopefully sour people on both.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I also expect a lot of attacks on Sanders. That first night is stacked with shitheads.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Oh Snapple! posted:

The other positive is that there is a decent chance he draws her into "attacking" Obama again which doesn't play well even if Biden will be making an rear end of himself. The whole thing will hopefully sour people on both.

i just hope castro goes full christie on both of them

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Gripweed posted:

I also expect a lot of attacks on Sanders. That first night is stacked with shitheads.

The positive is that they'll be coming from lovely-rear end older white people so Bernie doesn't have to care about ~the optics~.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Gripweed posted:

Maybe these number loving Galaxy brains will be in the same poll hell I'm in and assume Warren is the candidate to beat?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1152024262363906048

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Wow. Who would've saw that coming

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Let Mike Gravel pick the debate groups

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Oh Snapple! posted:

A-OK with the Bernie and Liz matchup. They've clearly agreed to go soft on each other so we shouldn't get some dumb surprise there.

Biden and Kamala was the best possible outcome.

Honestly, if Warren continues to say that she is in agreement with Bernie on Medicare 4 All, she should be confronted on why it isn't a part of her platform. If she talks up college debt, she should be confronted on the limits to her plan. He won't.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

what the gently caress?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

She and Biden will eat each other. He is very obviously gonna come into this with her own record to throw in her face.

Meanwhile I'm ok with Bernie avoiding her because she's absolutely gonna play to 2016 horseshit with him if she gets the chance.

He tried that last time, but couldn't pull it off. Maybe it's all those years of bipartisan cooperation and mutual respect with the opposition, or maybe it's just the senility, but he doesn't seem to be able to land attacks with anywhere as much oomph as Harris can.

Harris definitely getting a softball night. I am curious about what Castro and Booker will do. They're eager to distinguish themselves from the pack, but targeting Biden won't win them much media coverage since all the cameras will be focused on the Biden/Harris rematch.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sounds about right

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I saw some honest to god Tulsi Gabbard supporters on my way home from work today in Minneapolis. Like 5 of them with Tulsi 2020 shirts and signs. I was very confused.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Phone posted:

Yeah, but have you considered that she’s just cynically saying those things to increase her book sales??????

circulate those books so that people have valuable insights :sun:

its like ordering Das Capital and The Communist Manifesto off Amazon :capitalism:

Anyways, I just want to note that its good that Violent J isn't on Bernie's campaign this time around because Bernie's messaging has been much much better and he's hitting harder on the campaign trail and continuing his activism even throughout it all instead of sauntering around America taking photo ops like all the weird ghouls (Biden). I just hope that he can really deliver some punches come the end of July for the CNN debate which has an absurd candidate roulette selection going on.

e: just saw the roulette and Bernie and Biden isn't on the stage and that's bullshit considering all the M4A attacking that Biden's doing like a enormous douchebag

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
https://twitter.com/cnnpolitics/status/1152021746897186816?s=21

CNN racist as hell for this