Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wazzu posted:

Look that's pretty good, but my highlight on listening has to be his thoughts on potential casting by Stephen Spielberg.

Also the idea of Hulk been trained to shoot for a full year before getting a new trainer who informed him pro wrestling is fake and he should work.

I thought he was explicitly there just because Bryan and Vinny need a break from just doing the podcast with each other? But there are better potential co-hosts out there.

That's fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
"...with your hosts Bryan Alvarez and Big Vinny V!"

"...and Brent."

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Just make Rob the third man but continue that he isnt even watching the shows and getting more and more bamboozled by what hes hearing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Benne posted:

Craig: I'm a good Christian boy who doesn't swear
Also Craig: *gets cartoon wolf eyes every time he sees a woman on screen*

oh so he's from the midwest?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Whatever the question, more Rob is not the answer.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Wazzu posted:

I thought he was explicitly there just because Bryan and Vinny need a break from just doing the podcast with each other? But there are better potential co-hosts out there.

Craig has always been there sporadically since the beginning, it just wasn't until the Nitro/Raw reviews did they make it a weekly thing.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

One of the first things to happen on Figure 4 Daily is Tom mocking Alvarez for one of his 1001 Things...[etc] being wrong and listing all the examples of it being wrong.

e: later in the show "How much of this writing was done via your memory and how much was done while using things like sources?"

e2: Bix would love this episode

TTBF fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jul 18, 2019

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Listening to the Bryan and Vinny show, I've never heard of someone needing a dental cleaning so in-depth that it required multiple visits to finish. I just went for the first time in literally a decade and it was just a standard cleaning.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave confirmed that Chris is gonna be back as a full commentator on NJPW :D

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Art of Wrestling is done for the most part. Colt is going to post things occasionally on a Patreon, but he’s pretty much done with the podcast.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Truly a tragedy here in the year 2014.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CM Punk sued him so hard he stopped his podcast

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

CVagts posted:

Listening to the Bryan and Vinny show, I've never heard of someone needing a dental cleaning so in-depth that it required multiple visits to finish. I just went for the first time in literally a decade and it was just a standard cleaning.

You can definitely get a deep cleaning in two stages if the dentist wants to fleece you for two visits

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryan is definitely the kind of rube you could upsell god damned anything to

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

he's awesome

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CVagts posted:

I did just recently. If they do a deep cleaning they prefer to split it up just so only part of your mouth hurts when the novocaine wears off.

Or maybe it's a billing scheme :shrug:

Didnt matter to me, my insurance luckily covered all of it regardless.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

CM Punk sued him so hard he stopped his podcast

I mean you're joking but it might actually be true

Kind of hard to make time for a podcast when you're being sued into oblivion, rehabbing an injury, and doing commentary for a weekly TV show

I hope poo poo works out for Colt, he seems like one of the genuine good guys in the business and I enjoy watching him wrestle

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 18, 2019

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I was only half joking - imagine trying to keep up passion for the very activity that caused you to lose your best friend, spend years being sued and then be sued by your best friend

None of it was Colt's fault outside of trusting his friend with his platform to tell his side of the story but you have to imagine it dampened his enthusiasm for it even if he doesn't stop recording them

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Raffles posted:

You can definitely get a deep cleaning in two stages if the dentist wants to fleece you for two visits

If it's anything like the sandwiches he orders, he'll get charged double but only get one.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Raffles posted:

I've only had to get a deep cleaning once and it did take 2 visits. After that I just go every 6 months and it's fine. I feel Bryan probably just forgets to do follow ups.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
How long is a deep cleaning session typically? I got an appointment next week and they told me im looking at 80 minutes.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Has anybody discovered what Bryan’s problem with GLOW is? Did Alison Brie block him on Twitter or something?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Incessant Excess posted:

How long is a deep cleaning session typically? I got an appointment next week and they told me im looking at 80 minutes.

Mine was about 40 minutes to an hour

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Don’t skip the granny segment this week.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Raffles posted:

This.
I value and adore my dentist as she and her staff have ensured I haven't had a cavity since I was 12, but dentistry as a whole is the carniest real medical profession.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

The latest Wrestlesplania episode is about Chyna and I think it might be one of their best. Very emotional. This is exactly where this show is at its best: Bringing a perspective to pro wrestling you really unfortunately rarely get to hear.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

The latest Wrestlesplania episode is about Chyna and I think it might be one of their best. Very emotional. This is exactly where this show is at its best: Bringing a perspective to pro wrestling you really unfortunately rarely get to hear.

Yeah, this is great and a really great viewpoint to hear on Chyna's time in WWE. Also HHH is a rat loving piece of poo poo and it is insane to me that people think the company will in any way be better when he takes control.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm surprised more people don't talk about HHH's infidelity to Stephanie whenever they bring up the "big happy family stuff" I'd heard rumors but no one's ever said anything out loud.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

extradite THIS! posted:

it feels corny to say, but the fact that their podcast is strictly from a woman's perspective gives it a lot of extra weight. huge part of why it's one of my favorite pods out there.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I really appreciate it because I don't know any women who are wrestling fans who are at that level so it is great to get their perspective. I have friends who are women and are wrestling fans but not the hardcore passion they have. It's also been a great podcast to share with my girlfriend. She still hates wrestling but really likes Wrestlesplania.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YfzzTdWixA

has anyone told granny about Bryan's next match yet

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

No because they don't want the language guilt trip for saying Nick Fuckin' Gage

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
"Deathmatch guy" Chico Alvarez

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Wazzu posted:

Look that's pretty good, but my highlight on listening has to be his thoughts on potential casting by Stephen Spielberg.

Also the idea of Hulk been trained to shoot for a full year before getting a new trainer who informed him pro wrestling is fake and he should work.

It was because Craig lost his job and needed income so Brian put him to work.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YfzzTdWixA

The build for this has been great and that video is very well done.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

LividLiquid posted:

It was because Craig lost his job and needed income so Brian put him to work.

that was pretty nice of him

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
speaking of bryan and make-work programs, jim valley is getting his own hour of WoL on saturdays

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Raskolnikov38 posted:

speaking of bryan and make-work programs, jim valley is getting his own hour of WoL on saturdays

I'm super excited for this. I love the Pacific Rim podcast but it's hard to listen to with how they talk over each other literally every second

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

coconono posted:

I'm surprised more people don't talk about HHH's infidelity to Stephanie whenever they bring up the "big happy family stuff" I'd heard rumors but no one's ever said anything out loud.

Wait what now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raskolnikov38 posted:

This is awesome and marks the second stage of Jim and Fumi's plot to quietly replace Dave and Bryan without them noticing.