Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
mornin' beauties

Good Soldier Svejk (12:00 PM EST)
ThinkTank
Thufir (x2)
ThinkTank
Good Soldier Svejk
Boomer the Cannon
Zodijackylite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/tiIt9hC.mp4

Given the dearth of young proven centers on good contracts already in this draft, I have to pick Mika Zibanejad.
Despite getting more defensive zone starts than ever last season, he still broke out and proved himself as a more than capable #1 center. I expect him to put up at least 50 points a season while making a very reasonable $5.35m

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. The forgotten Oiler.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Those are both good picks

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

I'll take Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. The forgotten Oiler.

Son of a bitch, I was really hoping he'd fall back to me

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Same to both

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Kilza posted:

Son of a bitch, I was really hoping he'd fall back to me

Only fair because I was living a dizzying dream where I dared believe that Thomas Chabot was going to come back to me after I nearly took him over Laine.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Only fair because I was living a dizzying dream where I dared believe that Thomas Chabot was going to come back to me after I nearly took him over Laine.

You are up to pick by the way

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Is it not still Thufir?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

JawKnee posted:

Is it not still Thufir?

Oh right, that's right
sorry

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Yeah, thufir has til 12 est

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I guess that's a skip so I'll take Kaapo Kakko.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

And I'm gonna take my first d-man Matt Dumba who put up 12 goals in like 30 games and then got injured in a really dumb way last season

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
I'll take Brayden Schenn and Viktor Arvidsson

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Boomer up until 2:08 PM EST

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Dang, gotta scratch arvidson off my list now too

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Edmonton takes Tyson Barrie

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Arvidsson seems like the poster child for new NHL player. He's small, fast, gritty, and great at possession. Also he can score.

He's pretty much your ideal top six forward these days.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Signed for 5 more seasons at 4.25m too.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I knew he wouldn't get to me but he was the top winger on my list.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Washington selects Andrei Svechnikov.

He scored 20 goals at even strength at age 18, proving he is already an NHL forward, and looks to be ready for a bigger role. He's a natural goal scorer, and with some more experience, he should be able to increase that total by taking on a bigger role on the power play.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Great pick, he heated up in the second half and I think he hits 30 goals this year.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Scratch off another one

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Menthol>yaya>EGG

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

fawning deference posted:

Great pick, he heated up in the second half and I think he hits 30 goals this year.

Everything seems right for Svech to score more this year. He improved throughout the year and earned more ice time, but there's still room for him to play a few more minutes per game at ES, and a few more on the top PP unit. His team's top power play goal scorer, Justin Williams, is currently unsigned, and Ferland also moved on, though I think he played more of a net-front role. Svech's 10.6% shooting is entirely sustainable, even improvable for a top talent, and there's room for him to shoot more, too, especially on the power play.

The simple look is also favorable - a top talent played 82 games in the NHL at age 18, he's going to get better next year.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Zodijackylite posted:

Everything seems right for Svech to score more this year. He improved throughout the year and earned more ice time, but there's still room for him to play a few more minutes per game at ES, and a few more on the top PP unit. His team's top power play goal scorer, Justin Williams, is currently unsigned, and Ferland also moved on, though I think he played more of a net-front role. Svech's 10.6% shooting is entirely sustainable, even improvable for a top talent, and there's room for him to shoot more, too, especially on the power play.

The simple look is also favorable - a top talent played 82 games in the NHL at age 18, he's going to get better next year.

Yup

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I want to make my consolation pick today, thanks

(It was zibs)

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Moose is skipped.

Selecting for Yaya, who wants Evgeni Dadonov.

El Gallinero Gros (5:17 PM EST)
i am the bird
VOTE1
WeaponX
stab
Jonathan Fisk

Skipped:
mentholmoose (x1)

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Ok the first two guys I wanted were Arvidsson and Barrie, so gently caress all of you.

Second, I think Charlie McAvoy is still available, so I’m gonna take him.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
My team is full of gruff middle aged men and who better for a team like that than somebody with Dad in their name?

Evgeny Dadonov

e: thanks corn man

Yaya fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 19, 2019

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
dickhead

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Balls, wanted McAvoy

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Surprised McAvoy lasted that long. Good pick.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
He was one of the guys I was certain would go almost immediately after my last pick. I think his point numbers don't look like much if you don't watch him regularly but he's elite.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think I took him earlier last year which is weird because he just had a great SCF run

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Daddy owns

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Calgary selects Centre Joe Pavelski

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
i am the bird (until 7:02 PM EST)
VOTE1
WeaponX
stab
Jonathan Fisk

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Uhhh, Detroit picks Cale Makar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

i am the bird posted:

Uhhh, Detroit picks Cale Makar?

If he was around with my next pick I would not be able to resist taking him.