Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

electric forest was once again a blast this year and seems sort of fitting for this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Rex-Goliath posted:

electric forest was once again a blast this year and seems sort of fitting for this thread

did u eat mollies and grind teeth to skrilex

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

has this guy come up in yospos before? idk probably but whatever it's good poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz9I2YwmV8M

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

graph posted:

did u eat mollies and grind teeth to skrilex

hell yeah brother

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
yesterday i biked around a park for two hours without a care in the world and it was so great; i wasn't even trying to get anywhere, just bikin'

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

I could just sit here forever.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i too like to hang out roasting marshmallows over reactor four

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
these s’mores melt in your mouth!!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
so you know the whole “boiling a frog slowly” thing?

a frog just hopped into my firepit so actually you don’t even need to crank up the heat slowly I guess.

it was like watching a non-rich-white-male republican vote actually

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cold on a Cob posted:

so you know the whole “boiling a frog slowly” thing?

a frog just hopped into my firepit so actually you don’t even need to crank up the heat slowly I guess.

it was like watching a non-rich-white-male republican vote actually

frog tried to read your posts

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
thinking of getting a bike so my partner and I can ride around town like hipsters

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

thinking of getting a bike so my partner and I can ride around town like hipsters

go full hipster, get a tandem bike

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
oh my god yes

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SO DEMANDING posted:

go full hipster, get a tandem bike

:eyepop:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Silver Alicorn posted:

bikes with pannier bags and maybe a front basket fuckin rule, i hate having to get in my car now after being here 2 months and being able to just get on biek for groceries or other stuff within a couple miles

sucks when you're forced to share the road with the two ton deathrollers, though

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 19, 2019

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

a bike with ring ring bells like it's a cash register

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

bikes are extremely good

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

bikes with pannier bags and maybe a front basket fuckin rule, i hate having to get in my car now after being here 2 months and being able to just get on biek for groceries or other stuff within a couple miles

sucks when you're forced to share the road with the two ton deathrollers, though

One Of Us

i have a bunch of FOUR WHEELS GOOD / TWO WHEELS BETTER reflective stickers if you want one

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i still gotta have a car, and i'm still too heavy and unfit (and it's too hot, now, goodness) to make it the six miles into town but that is very much a goal I can hopefully meet this year

actually talking about bike reminds me i need a new lock, any recommends in here

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

a grey posted:

What is FF?

It's a POST code. Such codes are displayed by the motherboard on a built in panel to help you troubleshoot the system. If you get different post codes and then "FF", it means "Fully Functioning". If it goes straight to FF, it means "Fault Found"

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
my recommendation for a bike lock that actually works is to get a $100 bike from craigslist and get a $100 lock for it. that’s the only ratio of bike to lock investment that will actually keep your bike from being stolen.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

an unattended lock is a barrier of time, nothing more

someone sufficiently invested in stealing your poo poo is going to show up prepared for the lock you have

the parts you can control are underlined, and by far the easiest countermeasure is not to leave poo poo worth stealing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah the best way to protect your bike is to keep it inside and out of sight, and to not have a super desirable one in the first place.

like i will lock my bike up with a good kryptonite lock while doing errands etc but while i'm at work i bring it in. and forget about leaving it outside overnight

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

that’s what I meant yeah, for when I’m in the grocery store for ten minutes or whatever. i take it thru the parking garage and into my apartment when I’m home

I guess if locks are that bad at actual deterrence I’ll still want something for the casual / visual :effort: deterrence, anyway

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
yeah i have a $100 bike with a $100 lock for errands and commuting around town.

my nice carbon tri bike and my mountain bike just stay inside and go back inside when I am done playing with them

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

that’s what I meant yeah, for when I’m in the grocery store for ten minutes or whatever. i take it thru the parking garage and into my apartment when I’m home

I guess if locks are that bad at actual deterrence I’ll still want something for the casual / visual :effort: deterrence, anyway

kryptonite ulock and cable

ulock through frame and whatever you're attaching it to, and a wheel if possible. cable through wheels

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

kryptonite ulock and cable

and if it gets stolen anyway, you'll have a "well that's just fuckin super, man" already queued up

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

i still gotta have a car, and i'm still too heavy and unfit (and it's too hot, now, goodness) to make it the six miles into town
:whitewater:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

can't motivate and positive-attitude my lungs into working more effectively or any faster :shrug:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Captain Foo posted:

frog tried to read your posts

holy poo poo I would never expose an animal to my posts are you trying to get PETA protesting in yospos?!

anyhow... back from the cottage, :smith:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

forest

happy friday :unsmith:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

about to go on a hike
9 miles/+4000ft :rip:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

about to go on a hike
9 miles/+4000ft :rip:

you can just say 9.75 miles, you dont have to be that precise

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

you can just say 9.75 miles, you dont have to be that precise

:negative:

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

nice; is that mt. rainier in the background?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it be

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
me and a buddy are gonna go down and see crater lake later this week. i'm stoked it's been way too long since i went there

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
buuuuuuumppppppp

theodop
Dec 30, 2005

rock solid, heart touching
just had to move a shelfset in TFS from a branchless project to a totally different (and out of sync) branch

thinking about how much money I would have to have to go and start a permaculture existence in the hinterlands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
took the ferry out to a nice island today and went up a hill. got really sunburnt and had to take a lot of shade breaks for the dog but it was very good

still not doing tech but i've got a third interview coming up for some stuff to do with rovs so hopefully i'll get the job and be the most sunburnt tech loser you know spending all my time on boats