Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

get that OUT of my face posted:

unless you want to move to brooklyn (don't, it sucks here) that's what the internet is for

*blindly throwing darts, attempting to discern the next center of irony poisoning*

aah, good old... Scranton, PA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Victory Position posted:

*blindly throwing darts, attempting to discern the next center of irony poisoning*

aah, good old... Scranton, PA

Im there right now and it sucks worse but in different ways

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

My main takeaway from Amber is that she emphasizes over and over that only real life activism matters and all this online poo poo is pointless frivolity.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

OnceAndFuture DILF posted:

I think amber hypnotizes these woke professors who feel inclusive because they can identify people who are japanese, chinamen and koreans at sight

:same:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

WampaLord posted:

My main takeaway from Amber is that she emphasizes over and over that only real life activism matters and all this online poo poo is pointless frivolity.
i mean, spot the lie

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
What she said about political persuasions and substituting activism in place of actual hobbies doesn't make someone interesting was a good hot take

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i mean, spot the lie

I'm saying it's good and she is right

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

WampaLord posted:

If online stuff is pointless, why do I spend all day online? Checkmate :smuggo:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

Im there right now and it sucks worse but in different ways
how much of it is because people won't shut up about The Office and how much of it is because they play up its blue collar background?

Bedshaped posted:

What she said about political persuasions and substituting activism in place of actual hobbies doesn't make someone interesting was a good hot take
not only do i agree with that, you can extend that to beyond politics. anyone who believes that their identity is their personality is a fundamentally boring person. i'm particularly vexed by the people who do that with psychological diagnoses. i spent my childhood and teenage years being labeled and re-labeled by psychologists, psychiatrists, mental health professionals, what have you, which did a number on my self-esteem. seeing people use labels as a crutch and a substitute for personality is something i'll never get

WampaLord posted:

I'm saying it's good and she is right
:agreed::hellyeah:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

seeing people use labels as a crutch and a substitute for personality is something i'll never get

im gay

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

how much of it is because people won't shut up about The Office and how much of it is because they play up its blue collar background?

Its an ex mining town, Joe Biden is from here and its run by the mafia. You can pretty much let your imagination run from there

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

seeing people use labels as a crutch and a substitute for personality is something i'll never get

Blah blah social alienation and atomoization blah blah late stage capitalism

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I like podcasts

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nerd

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I am a podcast enthusiast

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

how dare you

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Rootless cosmopolitan.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

Its an ex mining town, Joe Biden is from here and its run by the mafia. You can pretty much let your imagination run from there
so it's Staten Island meets the rust belt? sounds next-level awful

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

so it's Staten Island meets the rust belt? sounds next-level awful

Thaaaaaat's PA!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm a poddoisseur

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Also in Scranton, can confirm.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

red guards austin need a sitcom

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Scranton's got ten years before it's gentrified to hell and back

Columbus is safe due to the purity of Street Fight

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

R. Guyovich posted:

anyway it's cool that chapo interviewed williamson and yang before gravel and probably won't at all. bet it means something but im not sure what yet

It means they said they thought it was weird and didn't want to interview him or the teens a while ago

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Victory Position posted:

Scranton's got ten years before it's gentrified to hell and back

Columbus is safe due to the purity of Street Fight
also the obnoxiousness of Buckeyes fans

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Looks like we got ourselves a crypto-fascist here :toughguy:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

WampaLord posted:

Lmao the lady who consistently posts twitter drama to her instagram thinks online drama is frivolous.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lmao the lady who consistently posts twitter drama to her instagram thinks online drama is frivolous.

it is frivolous

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

crossposting is a sin :nono:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I'm going through Inward Empire right now, and goddamn the eps chronicling the 1877 strike are good. I knew basically nothing about this before.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I mean, who among us isn't a giant hypocrite?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
online drama is frivolous but that doesn't really stop most people from getting involved in the frivolity

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

look, i understand if people want to defend amber braun, but when people do so in a way that ignores WHY people are criticizing her in the first place, i start to get a tad suspicious :thunk:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I just want all big podcasters to be chain ganged, forced to create content, but with no time to complain about the libs they live next to in their expensive apartments. It's that so much to ask?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

I just want all big podcasters to be chain ganged, forced to create content, but with no time to complain about the libs they live next to in their expensive apartments. It's that so much to ask?

Matt Christman: "eh, it's a living" *breaks rock with cartoon-sized mallet*

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Hot take: Online drama is good because it's a proving ground to find people who can handle the uglier side of politics

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dreylad posted:

online drama is frivolous but that doesn't really stop most people from getting involved in the frivolity
amber is a messy bitch that lives for drama

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mr Interweb posted:

look, i understand if people want to defend amber braun, but when people do so in a way that ignores WHY people are criticizing her in the first place, i start to get a tad suspicious :thunk:

I think most of her defenders acknowledge that she says dumb poo poo every now and then, just that it doesn't overshadow her other contributions.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Majorian posted:

I think most of her defenders acknowledge that she says dumb poo poo every now and then, just that it doesn't overshadow her other contributions.
nuance is forbidden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

nuance is forbidden

hold on, I'm busy chiseling her name off this rock that said she was in the DSA way before anyone was in it