Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Radiant dawn is hard not to max outside of micaih

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Tae posted:

VA for Female Byleth

god that loving outfit, uggghhhhhh

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

She's also Claude's direct retainer, so.

he becomes evil

"Someone must put a stop to this cycle of the strong trampling the weak." Yeah, evil. Right. Broken, bitter and something of an extremist, sure, but he's not really coming across as evil. Certainly not compared to Ms. "We must eliminate those who cling to unreasonable ideals of justice." Claude remains a question mark.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

"Someone must put a stop to this cycle of the strong trampling the weak." Yeah, evil. Right. Broken, bitter and something of an extremist, sure, but he's not really coming across as evil. Certainly not compared to Ms. "We must eliminate those who cling to unreasonable ideals of justice." Claude remains a question mark.

Claude's FEH title being "The Schemer" feels like its stands out in contrast to "The Future" and "The Protector"

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

rannum posted:

Claude's FEH title being "The Schemer" feels like its stands out in contrast to "The Future" and "The Protector"

Yeah, a bunch of stuff we have on Claude from pre-timeskip stuff definitely makes him come across as a dishonest schemer. It's just we don't really know much about how he's like post-timeskip. He's got some generic lines in the trailer about friendship overcoming or whatever, but considering lines like "the schemer" or "smile doesn't reach his eyes" from pre-skip you can kind of take it either way - those lines are mostly/entirely insincere and part of some plot, or the timeskip changed him for the better and he's genuinely trying to fix things.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

rannum posted:

Eh, there's mythical precedent to the contrary. One example is Loki from Norse mythology. He was a trickster douche, but he was REALLY hated because he turned a mirror on the other gods and showed them how much like common folk they really were. It's not uncommon to see an iconoclast be viewed as a schemer, liar, or trickster.

Juxtaposing The Schemer, The Protector, and The Future feels like even footing to me. It's basically just chaos, law, and neutral with different labels.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I'm not sure why it's a bad thing that a heir to a large kingdom can scheme and present a polite front and smile even when not meaning it. That's called politics.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

My current hope is that Claude is actually a scheming douchebag in the early game and then he gets better in the timeskip.

Since Edelgard and Dmitri get worse, it'd be nice to have someone wind up on the other end of the timeskip better than they were before.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Claude is definitely scheming and lying and loving it.

He doesn't seem like a douche about it though.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

theshim posted:

don't worry, within 6 months you'll start getting a flood of holiday byleths with much worse outfits

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Claude, like all Revolutionaries, is painted by the bourgeoisie as dishonest and thieving in an attempt to prevent the masses from uniting against their oppressors and seizing the means of production for themselves.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

d3lness posted:

Eh, there's mythical precedent to the contrary. One example is Loki from Norse mythology. He was a trickster douche, but he was REALLY hated because he turned a mirror on the other gods and showed them how much like common folk they really were. It's not uncommon to see an iconoclast be viewed as a schemer, liar, or trickster.

That's not too accurate on either count. Compared to say Greek mythology, where the gods are constantly assholes to everyone, Norse gods are generally shown to be assholes more towards each-other/Vanir/etc than to humans. As for Loki, he was portrayed a bit more trickstery than most but Thor spends about as much time playing pranks/being an rear end in a top hat as Loki does and Loki's on outright good terms with the gods in many stories. Even when he isn't it's generally down to him doing something lovely prompting a 'wow you rear end in a top hat' kind of reaction. He only gets hated when they find out he punked Baldr who was everyone's BFF, and he's immediately strung up and left to be tortured at that point.

I can definitely see Claude being used to shine a light on the other two though, although I wonder how they'll execute it - presumably he has some actual strong convictions too under the surface, as 'I'm the only one who can be chill' is IMO not a very compelling counterpoint to the other two in a narrative sense. Great for a roommate, not so interesting in medieval sociopolitical drama!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
4AM brain has me speculating that claude's gonna go from The Schemer to The Redeemer after the timeskip

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
So F!Byleth's leggings still look terrible even when not animated.

rannum posted:

It's nothing. Don't even worry about it.

Join Team Claude!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Since the dlc isn't color coded with a house I'll just pretend it's a neutral teacher's outfit

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
that looks worse

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
It's kawaii, you son of a bitch

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

General Morden posted:

that looks worse

The socks don't work, imo. Also the gloves are weird but that may just be me not being hip to fashion trends.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

theshim posted:

Guess I'm playing a dude this time

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I honestly don't see the big deal about FByleth's outfit. it's fine on the whole honestly

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Carlosologist posted:

I honestly don't see the big deal about FByleth's outfit. it's fine on the whole honestly

I hate it a lot, and MByleth's only saving grace is that his outfit is marginally better. Both Byleths have crappy default outfits.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I really like FByleth's outfit, I think its neat :3:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its cute imo

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The three big things that stand out about f!Byleth's outfit are the torn leggings, the weird stomach window and the way the pants are cut to look like they're too small and she can't quite button them?

It just kind of looks like a mess.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
they're not torn they're just pattern lace like so

the thing that's throwing me is her feet look smaller than her hands in that dlc outfit pic, what's up with that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also Claude's schemer shtick and apparent flying proficiency is kind of making me think of Naesala.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Are those finger gloves or something? wth

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Fashion Emblem: Three Wardrobes

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Someone posted the cutscene (probably from near the end of the school phase) where the school has its formal dance, and it features Claude winking at male Byleth and then taking him by the hand onto the dance floor. This game is such a gigantic tease

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Zoran posted:

Someone posted the cutscene (probably from near the end of the school phase) where the school has its formal dance, and it features Claude winking at male Byleth and then taking him by the hand onto the dance floor. This game is such a gigantic tease

:|

They really should’ve just made everyone bi for Byleth. Or at least all the lords if they were going to do that.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I hope that the game recognizes that instructors taking advantage of the teacher-student power dynamic is a grave breach of trust.

Now dating other instructors, on the other hand

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I hope that the game recognizes that instructors taking advantage of the teacher-student power dynamic is a grave breach of trust.

Now dating other instructors, on the other hand

Considering that you can only start dating after the time skip it will be difficult to abuse a power dynamic that no longer exists.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

hopeandjoy posted:

:|

They really should’ve just made everyone bi for Byleth. Or at least all the lords if they were going to do that.

or at least go for equal baiting and not let claude romance with anyone

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

prohibit dating entirely, professionalism is mandatory

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Agean90 posted:

prohibit dating entirely, professionalism is mandatory

Nothing is more professional than increasing stats through support bonuses.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
all's fair in love and war, my friend

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/RayChase/status/1152269106759946240

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Is Roy in Three Houses?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
If you have his amiibo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tae posted:

If you have his amiibo

Is that how amiibo work now? I thought they only unlocked songs.