Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

One of the leaks (that so far seems to be correct about everything else) has said riot shield is back.

Cool, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Spoon Man come to PS4 and reform the riot shield crew.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Cool, thank you.

Right side

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

It's cool that CoD is good again

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

omg chael crash posted:

It's cool that CoD is good again

Let's not eat the bangers before the mash here.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Yeah, this is :iw: we're talking about here; a company that is so non-:effort: that they went three games in a row without bothering to model human faces for multiplayer, they just used masks or robots.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Without a season pass Activision will find another way to get their 50 bucks. Loot box guns at launch instead of a few months in?

Superanos fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 19, 2019

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
If that screen shake while moving doesn’t have an off button somewhere then count me out. Game looks like it has potential otherwise tho.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Behold Blackout's deadliest squad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVpK7gYhz8w

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

this is a pretty lazy made call of duty. might as well call it black ops greatest hits.

that's not to say it isn't fun though

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

It’s not lazy, it was rushed because Activision demanded a battle royale mode at the last minute. Plus working 80-100 work weeks for months is mentally exhausting.

This will be even more noticeable when BO5 comes out next year.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

colachute posted:

this is a pretty lazy made call of duty. might as well call it black ops greatest hits.

No, that would be Call of Duty®: Mobile (Early Access)

- Prominent Tencent logo
- 1.4gb download, 3.15gb uncompressed
- Unskippable tutorial
- Unskippable MP TDM battle on Nuketown (pubs have nooo loving clue how to move and do poo poo)
- Minor spelling mistakes e.g. "soilder"
- No ability to invert aiming (yeah yeah)
- Decent default controls, buttons are a little small for my taste
- Look sensitivity too low by default
- Runs decently at default graphics
- Has Nuketown
- The aim assist is absolutely hilariously generous, and damage appears to be based on proximity to target as a balancing feature
- Starting Streaks are Paper Airplane, UAV, Predator
- Predator needs to be steered; you can't tap to target
- Never even bothered looking at the mini map because a.) the screen is too small, and b.) it's Nuketown
- I would play this on the Switch at least a few times.

Device used: US model LG G6 with SD821/Adreno 530 and 4gb ram. 5.7" 18:9 wqhd ips lcd

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jul 22, 2019

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I've been playing on a (pretty good) LTE connection for a few days instead of my usual cable connection (everything hardwired). I was playing much better than usual. Maybe the key to being good at CoD is a bad connection.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

No, that would be Call of Duty®: Mobile (Early Access)

- Prominent Tencent logo
- 1.4gb download, 3.15gb uncompressed
- Unskippable tutorial
- Unskippable MP TDM battle on Nuketown (pubs have nooo loving clue how to move and do poo poo)
- Minor spelling mistakes e.g. "soilder"
- No ability to invert aiming (yeah yeah)
- Decent default controls, buttons are a little small for my taste
- Look sensitivity too low by default
- Runs decently at default graphics
- Has Nuketown
- The aim assist is absolutely hilariously generous, and damage appears to be based on proximity to target as a balancing feature
- Starting Streaks are Paper Airplane, UAV, Predator
- Predator needs to be steered; you can't tap to target
- Never even bothered looking at the mini map because a.) the screen is too small, and b.) it's Nuketown
- I would play this on the Switch at least a few times.

Device used: US model LG G6 with SD821/Adreno 530 and 4gb ram. 5.7" 18:9 wqhd ips lcd

I've been playing it for the last couple days (it soft launched in Australia and Canada, you can use UFO VPN, it has dedicated CoDM servers for free, other VPNs don't seem to work or are blocked) and it's actually not terrible. It needs a bit of work still (particularly with sensitivity), but a lot of the problems I have could be based around the fact that I lag like a motherfucker sometimes cause of the VPN.

Also, most people are TERRIBLE.

Edit: Really, really terrible.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jul 22, 2019

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Have they said if COD Mobile will have controller support?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Did it launch with the P2W temporary perk loot crates?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If you have an Android device there are YouTube videos for setting up a keyboard and mouse.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Mill Village posted:

If you have an Android device there are YouTube videos for setting up a keyboard and mouse.

Noodle, you can skip the XIM!

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/1153349005319032832?s=09

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I love playing gun dress up

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

El Jebus posted:

Noodle, you can skip the XIM!

Queue 5 posters complaining about the XIM is cheating.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

jase1 posted:

Queue 5 posters complaining about the XIM is cheating.

The XIM is cheating, but you're not going to convince people to stop using them. So really, who cares.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Lambert posted:

The XIM is cheating, but you're not going to convince people to stop using them. So really, who cares.

That’s one, we only need four more!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Damnit, I hate Jacs SO much.

I mean XIMs or w/e, cheating or something

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

imagine thinking XIM is cheating lmao.

Just git gud, scrubs. With these upgrades, you never stood a chance.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

imagine thinking XIM is cheating lmao.

Just git gud, scrubs. With these upgrades, you never stood a chance.

"Heh, like sticks and stones against tanks." :rolleyes:

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I don't understand the Switchblade. I get shredded by it from 15 yards out, but I use it and unload an entire magazine up close and it's just a hit marker generator.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

https://youtu.be/FnHLiAvNyYg

Cool intro for MP matches. Engine upgrades more apparent here.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

WattsvilleBlues posted:

https://youtu.be/FnHLiAvNyYg

Cool intro for MP matches. Engine upgrades more apparent here.

How can you tell with video that low quality?

Also, weird choice to have some annoying youtuber talk over the beginning of every match, but I guess it's to entice the youths.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Lambert posted:

How can you tell with video that low quality?

Also, weird choice to have some annoying youtuber talk over the beginning of every match, but I guess it's to entice the youths.

I can see lighting and motion blur improvements. Maybe not a great look at it but that's all we've got for another few days.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Grainy YouTube videos won’t do it justice. Infinite Warfare was light years ahead in graphics and optimization compared to BO3 (and even BO4). BO3 and BO4 are so CPU heavy that you can’t use the PS4 OS properly while playing them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Infinite Warfare was really good and fun!!!

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I'm so much worse at this CoD than I have ever been at any other CoD.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Advanced Warfare was really good and fun!!!

Yeah!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Infinity Ward was really good and fun!!!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mill Village posted:

BO3 and BO4 are so CPU heavy that you can’t use the PS4 OS properly while playing them.

It's seriously amazing that this was never fixed. When the game came out I figured "oh this will be ironed out in a weeK". But here we are a year later and it's still just as bad as launch. I've had a PS4 since day one and I have never seen another game do this and I would think it would be totally unacceptable by Sony's standards, but I guess it's ok for some reason that BLOPS4 renders the PS4 borderline unusable while it's running.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Mill Village posted:

Grainy YouTube videos won’t do it justice. Infinite Warfare was light years ahead in graphics and optimization compared to BO3 (and even BO4). BO3 and BO4 are so CPU heavy that you can’t use the PS4 OS properly while playing them.

I used to think CoD hadn't improved graphically since AW, but playing it the other day really demonstrates that's not the case. AW is so jagged compared to BlOps 4 and IW. I also played MW3 a few weeks ago and mummy, it's rough looking.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

COD games had to run at sub-hd resolutions on 360 and PS3 to stay around 60 fps, at least for MP. This went out the window in other game modes.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Mill Village posted:

COD games had to run at sub-hd resolutions on 360 and PS3 to stay around 60 fps, at least for MP. This went out the window in other game modes.

Oh I get that, but AW aged a lot worse than I thought.

Edit: MW looking good, live stream on YouTube now.

WattsvilleBlues fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Tons of info on MW out now but here’s the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7Ivdq5E-fs

Crossplay across Xbox, PS4, and PC (Fortnite rules, hasn’t been confirmed though)
No season pass, all game content free (PS4 gets it first though)

fool me twice..