Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I love all the handshakes gone wrong stories

They're all so gloriously fuckin' stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm glad WWE came to the right decision on Mike Sanders, even if it was for a stupid reason.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I love all the handshakes gone wrong stories

They're all so gloriously fuckin' stupid
They're great because they all end with someone getting fired, whether they do or do not shake hands with someone.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Who are the two other dudes in this photo that aren't Warrior or Sting?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Randaconda posted:

quote:

Borden, originally wrestling under the ring name Flash, teamed with Jim "Justice" Hellwig as two members of Power Team USA in independent All-California Championship Wrestling. Power Team USA was a four-man unit also featuring Garland "Glory" Donahoe and Mark "Commando" Miller, plus manager Rick Bassman.[19] Hellwig and Borden later moved to the Continental Wrestling Association (CWA), a wrestling company based in Memphis, Tennessee and became known as the Freedom Fighters.[20] Fans were slow to respond to the lumbering hulks, so the team turned heel.[3][21] The Freedom Fighters left the CWA after an uneventful run, the highlight of which was an angle in which they broke the leg of veteran wrestler Phil Hickerson.[20]

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

much obliged

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The only Power Team that matters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5OQcIHKOF0

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I forgot the part in Sunday School where they taught us Jesus was on the gas

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Randaconda posted:

I forgot the part in Sunday School where they taught us Jesus was on the gas

I guess you were supposed to read between the lines when he no-sold death

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I guess you were supposed to read between the lines when he no-sold death

according to Mark 42:69 Jesus bolted upright at two days fifty-nine minutes and fifty-nine seconds, leapt to his feet and immediately gave the devil a tombstone piledriver for the three-count

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Everyone knows Jesus died and came back at age 33. You have to read the apocryphal books to know he died again at 45 from heart disease.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

This is amazing and POD makes it perfect.

If there’s one way to get teenage boys to pay attention it’s blasting loud music and smashing concrete and flaming wood. All it’s missing is flipping over hummer or something.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The American Dream posted:

This is amazing and POD makes it perfect.

If there’s one way to get teenage boys to pay attention it’s blasting loud music and smashing concrete and flaming wood. All it’s missing is flipping over hummer or something.

Energy drinks, also.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Randaconda posted:

Woah at buff Norman Smiley

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Woah at buff Norman Smiley

Sting looks so loving young in that pic.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
post the best heels in WCW history

i'll start

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Lex Luger

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Jericho, who got out before they could ruin him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The Hollywood Blondes

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Lance Storm before New Blood Rising.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Randaconda posted:

I thought the guy in the middle was Morton Downey Jr.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

The Hollywood Blondes

As a kid Stunning Steve Austin was by far my most hated heel.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saucer Crab posted:

As a kid Stunning Steve Austin was by far my most hated heel.

Stunning Steve was a really good heel. Austin before Owen ruined his neck was a loving machine

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Early DDP before he became a tough guy in jeans from Jersey when he was a weirdo scumbag who smoked cigars and flaunted his riches

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lenny Lane

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ok I'm turning convo back a bit.
We forgot about Los Boriquas and DoA, two stables almost completely devoid of personality who only existed so WWF could have race wars.
Terrible and socially irresponsible.

The Nation of Domination is excluded because at least we got The Rock from them.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ChrisBTY posted:

We forgot about Los Boriquas and DoA, two stables almost completely devoid of personality who only existed so WWF could have race wars.

The Nation of Domination is excluded because at least we got The Rock from them.

Los Boriquas can't be bad, they had Savio Vega who will always be a guy I love just because he did spinning wheel kicks which was the coolest poo poo to 10 year old me

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I've been watching WCWSN matches lately, and I saw a really good one today: Ric Flair And Double A vs Vader and Stunning Steve Austin

Watch it you are so inclined https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0zgOIB7H4g

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

For that brief moment in time, Vader was an incredible heel.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

ChrisBTY posted:

The Truth Commission is even worse than those stables.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

ChrisBTY posted:

Don't forget the militant south african apartheid government-themed Truth Commission.
Fake Edit: Although to be fair I don't remember if they were contemporaneous with the other faction wars.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The Truth Commission was really offensive and they were all bad.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I had no idea until recently that the Truth Commission was actually led up to by a fuckin live show in South Africa

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

forkboy84 posted:

Los Boriquas can't be bad, they had Savio Vega who will always be a guy I love just because he did spinning wheel kicks which was the coolest poo poo to 10 year old me

Austin loving loves Savio Vega. Every time he comes up on the podcast, Austin talks about how great he was.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ChrisBTY posted:

Also because of that GIF. You know the one.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
NOD is also excluded because D'Lo Brown was pretty good.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I loved D'Lo Brown and his thing at the time where he was wearing the chest protector, and the announcers sold his frog splash like his opponent just got killed.

Also when he had the European Title and was hailing from various places like Helsinki and Rome.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Dr.Smasher posted:

Also when he had the European Title and was hailing from various places like Helsinki and Rome.

Aren't you thinking of Al Snow?

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

I've been watching WCWSN matches lately, and I saw a really good one today: Ric Flair And Double A vs Vader and Stunning Steve Austin

Watch it you are so inclined https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0zgOIB7H4g

This match is also in the Vader collection on the network. I was so mad after watching this and there was no ending. Like why the gently caress would you air a 30 minute match just to tell me to watch main event the next night.

Then I read the comments and they had to ret-con the ending my mentioning it ended in a double countout with no footage. Just a quick mention the next night.

What actually happened was Sid came back out and it set up Vader vs sid at starcade. In between the taping and airing the match Sid was fired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Should Right To Censor be considered in this "worst stable" conversation?