Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

get that OUT of my face posted:

amber is a messy bitch that lives for drama

True, co-signed, as a fan yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Mr Interweb posted:

look, i understand if people want to defend amber braun, but when people do so in a way that ignores WHY people are criticizing her in the first place, i start to get a tad suspicious :thunk:

my beef has always solely been with the weirdo purity freaks who call her "crypto fash" or devote the majority of their posting to anti amber screeds. i fully admit she has some dumb takes, but so does everyone goddamn else so i don't really care because even her bad takes aren't deal breakers

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

a Loving Dog posted:

my beef has always solely been with the weirdo purity freaks who call her "crypto fash" or devote the majority of their posting to anti amber screeds. i fully admit she has some dumb takes, but so does everyone goddamn else so i don't really care because even her bad takes aren't deal breakers

Good news, you could fill a classroom with the amount of people who publicly hold that view

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

a Loving Dog posted:

Her being a woman is a deal breaker enough for me!! How can she talk about politics!? Where is her penis??

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

a Loving Dog posted:

The people who do this, well, don't much care for women in other contexts, either. :ssh:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

Her being a woman is a deal breaker enough for me!! How can she talk about politics!? Where is her penis??

The prostate is the repository of the political soul.

a Loving Dog posted:

my beef has always solely been with the weirdo purity freaks who call her "crypto fash" or devote the majority of their posting to anti amber screeds.

Plus they're whiny dumb babies.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Dreddout posted:

Good news, you could fill a classroom with the amount of people who publicly hold that view

eh, seems low. at least three classrooms

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

a Loving Dog posted:

you're really weird and like half of your posts in this thread are about her and make sure to mention indiana and cocaine. for someone who professes not to listen to any political podcasts or not to care about amber you post about her an awful lot.

as i said before, she makes the correct type of dork mad.

not gonna check but i think i've made, like, two posts about it. and i listen to political podcasts knowing full well they give people brain disease, myself included. that's why i post in here but also why i said to someone asking for recommendations "don't" much like the guy who warns people about the haunted house in movies

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

a Loving Dog posted:

https://twitter.com/Goons_TXT/status/718498697315790848

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Saurus, if I'm not mistaken?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Majorian posted:

The Saurus, if I'm not mistaken?

The king of meltdown posts

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I'm still livid that I missed his wife's brief return.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Majorian posted:

I'm still livid that I missed his wife's brief return.

This thread went places

quote:

Sounds like you should keep him at home! No but really if you can't see the difference between goons saying retard to other goons on a website called Something Awful and people being that horrible in real life to someone actually suffering a developmental disability maybe you should post on Tumblr

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I got it, the defense I should use is exactly the same one that idiots use to defend saying the n word ironically

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i will ruthlessly destroy whoever leaked the secret plan

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

i would like to state for the record that i only began my amber bashing after the taki mag interview, and prior to that, only knew her as the girl chapo.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1152267115472273409

looks like Matt finally got into Paradox games

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMHtgJ3edaU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/detachment_red/status/1152218761698709505

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

our people are born of the sky

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

https://twitter.com/GarlicCorgi/status/1152220279197884416?s=19

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
there's a whole slew of weird, rich right-wing people who call themselves leftists and seem to come out of the "spiked online" tradition and it's just mind boggling

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's wild how bad Twitter can gently caress up your brain if you let it

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
I will defend scranton with my life

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

there's a whole slew of weird, rich right-wing people who call themselves leftists and seem to come out of the "spiked online" tradition and it's just mind boggling

Trotskyism, not even once!

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

She got mad at Bernie's own campaign union for making demands and then accused Jacobin's Bhanskar of sexism for being bewildered by this.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

I can't tell if she just does hot takes to promote her podcast or if she's really that contrarian.

I will not listen to find out, also it's probably both.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i started seeing aimee terese's name being thrown around the last couple of months, what's her deal besides consistently wrong opinions

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

I'm going through Inward Empire right now, and goddamn the eps chronicling the 1877 strike are good. I knew basically nothing about this before.

My APUSH teacher was spent half the year covering this in class and im still grateful for it, bring back the knights of labor

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Dom is Here posted:

I will defend scranton with my life

It's kinda bad but that just means we need to change it.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

KirbyKhan posted:

Why are you just reposting her actual opinions

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

Gotta accuse people of being Orléanists or Legitimists.

Centrists already dominate dnd.

Bedshaped posted:

Amber said a culture of light to medium bullying is good for a person's development and, as someone who's seen the worst the internet has to offer, I can't disagree.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 22:41 on Jul 20, 2019

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
the chapo yang interview is the first time I really listened to yang and his ideas. turns out he's really loving dumb.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thanks chapo

I’m sure giving an anti-war candidate was just too much work after all

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo
The bit in cum town 164 where they mention Matt Christman doing a rant about how John Cusack is loving him doesn't last long but is one of the funniest ever

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

thanks chapo

I’m sure giving an anti-war candidate was just too much work after all
Maybe they don't want him to start talking 9/11 truther bullshit like he did on Pod drat America. :shrug:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh, well then, I’m sure Billionaire Oprah’s Orb Mother, and Billionaire Approved UBI (to destroy the welfare state) were far more legitimate.

Jackass.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

quote:

In June 1976 Gravel was the focus of a federal investigation into allegations that he was involved in a sex-for-vote arrangement. Congressional staff clerk Elizabeth Ray (who had already been involved in a sex scandal that led to the downfall of Representative Wayne Hays) said that in August 1972 she had sex with Gravel aboard a houseboat on the Potomac River, under the instruction of Representative Kenneth J. Gray, her boss at the time.[114] Gray allegedly wanted to secure Gravel's support for further funding for construction of the National Visitor Center in Washington, a troubled project that was under the jurisdiction of subcommittees that both members chaired.[115][116] Another Congressional staffer said she witnessed the boat encounter, but Gravel said at the time that he had never met either of the women.[114][117] Gravel and Gray strongly denied that they had made any arrangement regarding legislation,[114] and neither was ever charged with any wrongdoing.[118] Decades later Gravel wrote that he had indeed had sex with Ray, but had not changed any votes because of it.[119]

:whitewater:

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Around May 1951, Gravel saw that he was about to be drafted and instead enlisted in the U.S. Army for a three-year term so that he could get into the Counterintelligence Corps.[17] After basic training and counterintelligence school at Fort Holabird in Maryland and in South Carolina, he went to Officer Candidate School at Fort Benning, Georgia.[17] While he expected to be sent off to the Korean War when he graduated as a second lieutenant in early 1952, he was instead assigned to Stuttgart, West Germany, as a Special Adjutant in the Army's Communications Intelligence Service.[17] There he had an adventurous time moving around the country, conducting surveillance operations on civilians, and paying off spies.[17] After about a year he transferred to Orléans, France, where his French language abilities (if not his Quebecois accent) allowed him to infiltrate French communist rallies.[17] He worked as a Special Agent in the Counterintelligence Corps until 1954,[7] eventually becoming a first lieutenant.[18]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

the chapo yang interview is the first time I really listened to yang and his ideas. turns out he's really loving dumb.

Honestly he seems earnest and smart in his own dumb way to me. He seems good at identifying problems but believes too much in his own bullshit