Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Does anybody have PX's Deathsaurus, by the by?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

One of those Jetfires comes from a line who currently has people flagrantly abusing copyrights and screwing over the original rights holders as well as fans

And the other is a third party toy

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Nodosaur posted:

One of those Jetfires comes from a line who currently has people flagrantly abusing copyrights and screwing over the original rights holders as well as fans

And the other is a third party toy

Harmony Gold?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Yes.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

this is the joke

(a good one honestly nod)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Sexual Shiite posted:

Here’s a better composition

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Saw Unicron in person at sdcc. He's goddamn big alright. He comes with a stand to support him in both robot and planet mode, but with the amount of weight to him, I'm wondering if he's sturdy enough to be posed without the stand in robot mode or if he's too too heavy and will fall over without it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ruddiger posted:

Saw Unicron in person at sdcc. He's goddamn big alright. He comes with a stand to support him in both robot and planet mode, but with the amount of weight to him, I'm wondering if he's sturdy enough to be posed without the stand in robot mode or if he's too too heavy and will fall over without it.

Will probably need the stand. That backpack alone is sure to make him backheavy, and even if the ankles could support the weight his heels are nowhere near big enough to keep him standing solid.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
On the one hand, that's a shame.

On the other... what would Unicron stand on?

VVVV :golfclap:

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 20, 2019

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Ceremony.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Toys 'R' Us is coming back to the United States

quote:

New York (CNN Business) Toys "R" Us' long-awaited comeback is finally official.
Its owner, Tru Kids Brands, announced Thursday that Toys "R" Us is being reborn in the United States with two new stores...
...The new stores will be smaller than their predecessors. Tru Kids described them as a "highly engaging retail experience designed for kids, families and to better fit within today's retail environment."... Unlike the rows of shelves that cluttered old Toys "R" Us stores, the new locations will have interactive and playground-like environments for toy brands.
They're being developed with b8ta, a company that designs interactive and technology-focused retail locations. The stores will let brands "design custom experiences and branded shops to help them create memorable experiences for parents and children," Tru Kids said.
Hm, well that doesn't sound good.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

So like Duncan’s Toy Chest/FAO Schwartz in Home Alone 2 and Big then?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

so according to David Willis at SDCC who talked to Hasbro people, the reason for Unicron's chin guard and lack of beard is thus:

quote:

I asked Phillip Donnelly to ask John Warden on the SDCC floor about the beard.

The given reason is that due to the transformation, the pointy beard would have had to be rubber and that would have caused problems.

So nobody whoopsiedoodled. It's like that on purpose, after some troubleshooting.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

DrChud posted:

So like Duncan’s Toy Chest/FAO Schwartz in Home Alone 2 and Big then?
Which, IIRC, TRU bought and then killed.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

How can anyone who can still stay vertical and move in those getups be "too drunk"? I wonder what they did.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Nodosaur posted:

so according to David Willis at SDCC who talked to Hasbro people, the reason for Unicron's chin guard and lack of beard is thus:

Normally I'd say a third party head would be inevitable, but I wonder if that would be worth the time and money for such a limited item.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Arquinsiel posted:

Which, IIRC, TRU bought and then killed.

FAO Schwarz was on its like third or fourth backruptcy and third owner inside of a decade when TRU bought their two remaining locations, they were basically a shambling corpse with a tourist trap and a pretty good mailing list

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Mmm yes those rows of shelves of toys cluttering the toy store. :monocle:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
At least one of the TRU store fronts near me is still open for rent, so maybe they'll move back in.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Anora posted:

At least one of the TRU store fronts near me is still open for rent, so maybe they'll move back in.

Ours is now some sort of furniture liquidation outlet. :smith:

Although at least there's symmetry for me. The very first thing I bought at TRU was G1 Hound, and the last thing was that Leader-class Rodimus Prime, so starting and ending on a robot that turns into something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Buncha meth addicts broke into the one here.

Edit: God drat it, they gave Furman another comic.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jul 20, 2019

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Anora posted:

There's one on the outskirts of Reading which still has it's "OPEN NOW" banners up, because they went bust about two weeks after they'd finished building it

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Goddammit Striker Manus is really cool and now I want a Rioter Despotron.

I’m at the tail-end of my toyselling juice and I got about enough left for either a KFC Transistor, XTB Andras, or MT Rioter Despotron. I’m committing hard to getting all of Season 1&2 and Movie, so Despotron doesn’t have a spot except he looks cool AF. Transistor looks a bit dated and FT might have one out (in the next two years I guess), and Andras looks nice but I haven’t heard too much about him. Anybody have thoughts?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't have Despotron (supposedly a new deco is coming to go with the blue Striker) but it looks so cool. Always get what looks best to you!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rioter Despotron is absolutely gorgeous on the shelf and the transformation is pretty slick.

Unfortunately he turns into a cool looking space gun that feels good to hold and looks hilariously bad on the shelf.

But MTCD is the only expensive line I'm still collecting.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There'd have to be new releases for you to be still collecting them!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I literally just bought one at the con dude

Might be their last release, I suppose, though they're pretty close to done Galcatron.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wait, which one came out?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I put this together a while ago and never got around to posting it.

I just think that it's neat that even Shockwave's more specialized bits can plug into most everybody in the siege line, although his little backpack cover just gives some weird arm-tentacles with backwards-facing machine guns, which don't really seem to go with anything, which is just as well, because that hole I plugged it into on Flywheels is no good anyway.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The play pattern of the line has been excellently realized

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Karma Tornado posted:

FAO Schwarz was on its like third or fourth backruptcy and third owner inside of a decade when TRU bought their two remaining locations, they were basically a shambling corpse with a tourist trap and a pretty good mailing list
I wanted to visit that tourist trap, someday :colbert:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

There's one on the outskirts of Reading which still has it's "OPEN NOW" banners up, because they went bust about two weeks after they'd finished building it
Was that the one that had both "Opening Soon!" and "Closing down sale!" signs up at once because :effort:? Might re-open as a Geoffrey's at some point, or did that idea die too?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/07/20/war-for-cybertron-siege-deluxe-ratchet-official-renders-392590

Ratchet looks pretty good.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

I still wish he had a clear red light bar, black wheels, and either a red or black crotch and fists for contrast with all that white, but he's amazing. I've wanted a good Ratchet my whole life. The G1 definitely wasn't it, and neither was the CHUG version, so I'm all about this Ratchet.

I'm so close to a small and perfect collection, this might be the last Transformer I ever feel the need to purchase... until they reveal an ideal Siege Hot Rod so I can finally upgrade my CHUG United Rodimus.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 21, 2019

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That's a mighty fine Ratchet. I actually like the use of grey.

I wouldn't worry TOO much about him being a Walgreens exclusive, they can always slap some more red on him and release him as a "new" figure later on...

Plus there's the whole Asian market.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That's a mighty fine Ratchet. I actually like the use of grey.

I wouldn't worry TOO much about him being a Walgreens exclusive, they can always slap some more red on him and release him as a "new" figure later on...

Plus there's the whole Asian market.

Yeah, he's already shown up in Hong Kong Toys R Us as an exclusive.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I went ahead and got Despotron. Yeah!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Dawgstar posted:

Ours is now some sort of furniture liquidation outlet. :smith:

The TRU near what used to be the "Great Mall of the Great Plains," still has an untouched building. I'm amazed that the GMotGP TRU lasted as long as it did, the Mall was a loving disaster. The only good thing about it was it didn't have a shooting incident like Ward Parkway, or go viral for being creepy as gently caress like Metro North (which was a great mall, it had indoor hot air balloons.)

Yeah, not much movement on the retail store fronts near me, in fact most are closing, in the 5 years I've seen: K-mart, Dollar General, and CVS close, only one building was bought, and an Old Navy, Hyvee (groc store), Hobby Lobby, and Aldi's move like 2 blocks away. Had another Grocery store rebrand as a semi-discount store. It kinda sucks.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I look forward to not finding anything of interest at TRU's shambling corpse pop-ups.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jul 21, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Keldroc posted:

I look forward to not finding anything of interest at TRU's shambling corpse pop-ups.

Yeah, while I know that what really violently murdered TRU was its board of directors, at the same time in theory it ought to have been the place to go to that always had stuff in stock. I even talked to one of the guys there and he never knew why they never got, say, all different classes of Transformers in the same wave at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Anora posted:

It’ll be a Spirit Halloween store in a couple of weeks.