Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

-Video games should not be fun

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

peter gabriel posted:

Are those the ones that are worth less than $20?

One 20 dollar gift card, that will be 35 dollars no refunds or exchanges does not count as fresh cash cannot be applied towards warbond purchase discounts or any discounts you should consider this money already spent thanks have a nice day.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

If the game ever releases Alex D Large is going to be a goddamn master at running from the wank pod to the ship spawn terminal.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

"Settlement conference held. A settlement agreement is not reached. The Court understands that the parties will continue their efforts to settle the case, and they may contact the Magistrate Judge’s CRD if they wish to schedule a further settlement conference"

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

"Settlement conference held. A settlement agreement is not reached. The Court understands that the parties will continue their efforts to settle the case, and they may contact the Magistrate Judge’s CRD if they wish to schedule a further settlement conference"

I'll admit to being a bit surprised that the extra special backers haven't just whistled up a couple of corporate lawyers and made this distraction go away...

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sarsapariller posted:

If the game ever releases Alex D Large is going to be a goddamn master at running from the wank pod to the ship spawn terminal.

He's our very own Lethality, I wish he'd post in the thread with us

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:toot:

:mad:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/TrazosD/status/1152387797438926849

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

This Alex guy gives me a tojal vibe with his aggressive gently caress the world tone.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
These dumb motherfuckers are trying to mimic Planetside gameplay now? You're going to have people sitting in a loving missile buggy on the ground in your space sim?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/Rexzilla/status/1152392463140700160

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

peter gabriel posted:

I have extremely strong opinions about where games are sold, let me tell you

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

peter gabriel posted:

The defenders on reddit are now the last left, the pure, undiluted knuckle heads.
I like them because they do all the hard work of making their cult look insane all by themselves with no prompting.
I also like to remind myself that development started in 2011, the game is half a decade late, doesn't work, has no gameplay and cost over a quarter of a billion dollars.
This is my recap on the amazing project CI have given us, like comedy mana from heaven, every aspect of it is so ridiculously idiotic you just have to giggle, from the joyless baboons like Twerk and Boredgamer making hour long videos no one cares about, to the insane ramblings of joe loving blober, always on duty to defend the honour of a corporation that gives not a solitary poo poo about him, it's just brilliant from any angle you care to look at it from.
Massive overscaled tanks that are so comically huge they are useless, trains that float above the tracks no clipping through all in their path, travel times measured in dozens of minutes in a game with less than 2 star systems, Sandi going psycho and strangling people, Chirs stood on a yacht in the biggest 'gently caress you got mine' pose there is, Ben stalking newsreaders, their engine creator suing them, them selling huge chunks of the business right from under backers noses, stock images stolen with abandon, it's just all loving brilliant.
The backdrop of a gaggle of grade A twats defending it all the way just makes it funnier and funnier.
It's a dead project, I loving still love u str ctzn

o9 :pgabz:, o9

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Jonny Shiloh posted:

Once the extra special backers came on board, Chris was doomed. It's Microsoft/Digital Anvil all over again, and he knows it. I realise the Calders aren't a publisher in the strict sense of the word, but in esse they have invested heavily in the project and they will be expecting a return on that investment.

So maximum defibrillator on S42 and meanwhile the PU can limp along on life support, getting an occasional saline injection if nurse remembers.

I still can't work out how the S42 pitch to the Calders went - I mean, obviously the trust fund son is a massive whale, but how do you convince his billionaire dad that a game that has been sold already to the majority of people who would ever be interested in it, will rake in millions and millions of dollars from new players?

Is wavy hands enough?

46 million is pocket change for the Calders though, and it sounds like Chris had some personal connections with them. Maybe they just wanted a tax write off or think that they can turn the tenants of CIG into a lovely mobile game sweat shop after SC collapses.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/cfg3ud/star_citizen_alpha_360_live2247930_patch_notes/

3.6 is live :woop:

Known Issues
Players may get stuck on the initial loading screen. W/A: Alt+F4 and restart or attempt to suicide your character (on load screen) to force a respawn.
Missiles on the Anvil Ballista may occasionally be unable to lock and/or fire. W/A: Reclaim or respawn and try again.
Mission givers can sometimes be in the incorrect position and may not interact normally.
The HUD vanishes when the quantum drive is enabled.
Dropping the hacking chip on planetary surfaces can cause it to fall through.
Significant first person framerate reduction can occur.
Textures will display across the visor on some helmets.
AI ships have an unintended wing wobble behavior.
The terrain on Lyria might disappear in some areas (high terrain in high density areas),
:laffo:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

It's always the most rabid defenders who claim to have only bought a starter package.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Quavers posted:

W/A: Alt+F4

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Quavers posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/cfg3ud/star_citizen_alpha_360_live2247930_patch_notes/

3.6 is live :woop:

Known Issues
Players may get stuck on the initial loading screen. W/A: Alt+F4 and restart or attempt to suicide your character (on load screen) to force a respawn.
Missiles on the Anvil Ballista may occasionally be unable to lock and/or fire. W/A: Reclaim or respawn and try again.
Mission givers can sometimes be in the incorrect position and may not interact normally.
Dropping the hacking chip on planetary surfaces can cause it to fall through.
Significant first person framerate reduction can occur.
Textures will display across the visor on some helmets.
AI ships have an unintended wing wobble behavior.
The terrain on Lyria might disappear in some areas (high terrain in high density areas),
:laffo:

Would just be easier to say what isn't broken.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Quavers posted:

Known Issues

but then how can you tell if you're overheating or parts break or whatever dumbshit artificial game play lengthening mechanic is in this "game" now

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Impressive that this 100% not-sponsored-by-the-company channel had access to copies of a new vehicle before it was available in the store! That's some hardcore gaming right there!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Calling it now on the "Anti-Air missile truck" before ever seeing one function in-game:

They will not have bothered to change the distance at which it can target or lock ships, so it will only be able to start trying to lock a missile at like 2km on the spaceships which will never be in range long enough for it to finish.

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Ah, yes. Greedy developer says the guy named Gio Get Money.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Ahahahahahahaha https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17153-Anvil-Ballista

Desperate marketing copy posted:

"With a firing range of over 2000 meters"

loving called that one, jesus christ CIG doesn't do even the basic level of due diligence before making GBS threads this stuff out, this thing literally cannot threaten any ship in the game unless you fly directly at it and hover. This thing costs 140 USD, doesn't fit on any ship currently in the game, and has the single worst weapon in the entire game. On top of all that you can probably earn it in-game in under an hour of work.

GO GO GO BUY BUY BUY

Here's 700 dollars worth of this turd failing to shoot down a single ship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8fdWSmie-U

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

are we sure alex and lethality aren't the same person?

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

Ahahahahahahaha https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17153-Anvil-Ballista

loving called that one, jesus christ CIG doesn't do even the basic level of due diligence before making GBS threads this stuff out, this thing literally cannot threaten any ship in the game unless you fly directly at it and hover. This thing costs 140 USD, doesn't fit on any ship currently in the game, and has the single worst weapon in the entire game. On top of all that you can probably earn it in-game in under an hour of work.

GO GO GO BUY BUY BUY

ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY DOLLARS FOR A loving TRUCK

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Tokamak posted:

It's always the most rabid defenders who claim to have only bought a starter package.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
gently caress me, I'm gonna buy a Ballista, or 10! "Maaaaahhhhm, can I borrow your credit card?"

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

quote:

Back then I thought 18 months would be sufficent

I have no idea where he would have gotten that idea...

Oh, right.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Asmodai_00 posted:

ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY DOLLARS FOR A loving TRUCK

It's worth every penny! You can put one of these down at any Starport in the game and immediately lock it down from- Oh, what's that you say? Every landing pad in the game has a no fire zone with a radius of like 5km? This thing can't even guard the airspace around the only pads where it can spawn?

Well you can fly it into space and- Oh, there's nothing in the game that can carry it?

Well, I mean- it's either this or the snub fighter that they released this patch, that has no QT drive and also doesn't fit on or dock with any ship in the game. I mean you weren't just going to... not spend money on Star Citizen, were you? gently caress you, you've got to buy something!

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
I've been watching The Expanse finally, good poo poo. Thanks for recommendation goons

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

What game is that? It can't be SC because those dates pre-date even the start of development.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Sarsapariller posted:

GO GO GO BUY BUY BUY

Is there an objective that they're guarding that the space ship is trying to attack? Or is this more machinima wanking? "fly your ship back and forth and let me shoot you"

Also, I love how fast the ballista's firing bay repositions itself as though there's no momentum.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Chocobo posted:

These dumb motherfuckers are trying to mimic Planetside gameplay now? You're going to have people sitting in a loving missile buggy on the ground in your space sim?

No, they're trying to get some of that sweet, sweet Line of Defense money.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Krycek posted:

What game is that? It can't be SC because those dates pre-date even the start of development.

It's fake news, gotta be. Those drat goons can photoshop anything. (like all those sexy bear pics)

Everyone knows Star Citizen's development didn't begin until 2017- so if anything, it's ahead of schedule!

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Sarsapariller posted:

You will still get penalized with crime ratings based on landing too fast, or too slow, or too close to another pad, or running on the stairs, or another player running into you

dafuq? An MMO where bumping into another player is a high crime and you will be executed, forthwith.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Expecting significant software progress to be noticeable in a week is perhaps unreasonable depending upon the tasks, but lmao at all of this.

Chocobo posted:

So much of the "design" of this game would actually be unbearably boring if implemented as imagined.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol my friend just asked me if ive ever played star citizen because it looked cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Krycek posted:

Is there an objective that they're guarding that the space ship is trying to attack? Or is this more machinima wanking? "fly your ship back and forth and let me shoot you"

Also, I love how fast the ballista's firing bay repositions itself as though there's no momentum.

It's completely organic gameplay where 6 or 7 people just happened to get together with their brand new 140 dollar missile truck that were released like 30 minutes before the video was posted.

They are completely organically guarding one of the many ground-based targets that definitely exist in the game from a totally random player who just happened to fly up and want to attack it, which happens all the time even though there are 50 players max spread out over about 6 planets worth of surface area. This all just works because Star Citizen is a real game and stuff like this definitely happens all the time. The fact that you can't actually transport the truck so they must be within a few minutes of some spawn pads should not make you suspicious. Also please do not take note of the fact that there's no actual mechanical reason anyone would ever need to fight one of these trucks or shoot down a ship with one of these trucks. Do not question. Just consume product and get excited for next product.