Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Grand Fromage posted:

That honestly looks better than any of the Chinese airline food I've had.

What is airplane food, anyways? I mean, planes don't eat food!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Data Graham posted:

"North Korean airline food" is kinda cheating

What is the deal with airline food? jokes may not go over so well in North Korea.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Are those just bologna loaves (tubes? what is a single unit of unsliced bologna called) with sauteed onions shoved into them? Because that sounds great

e: found the source, still a little mystified

It looks more or less exactly like how pickled sausages are served in the Czech Republic.

It's apparently something else since the recipe doesn't mention the sausages being pickled and includes some other stuff, but if the picture intrigues you, I recommend tracking down or making some pickled sausages.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Captain Jesus posted:

It looks more or less exactly like how pickled sausages are served in the Czech Republic.

It's apparently something else since the recipe doesn't mention the sausages being pickled and includes some other stuff, but if the picture intrigues you, I recommend tracking down or making some pickled sausages.

It's basically just a lazy(er) wurstalat, isn't it?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Fishstick posted:

It looks like servelade/cervela?

Pretty common in Belgian fry stands either "raw" or fried:

I used to get those when I lived in Switzerland, they were a nice snack right out of the fridge. Cold hot dogs and similar tubes get an unfair reputation. They're fine. Even a room temperature hot dog can be decent if you're in the right mindset.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Grand Fromage posted:

That honestly looks better than any of the Chinese airline food I've had.

I've flown on multiple airlines going overseas and I was most disappointed by Al Italia. I really thought the Italian airliner would have better food, but nooope.

That said, Korean airlines food at least looks edible compared to the garbage I've had on transatlantic flights.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Picnic Princess posted:

I enjoy pickles but I wouldn't want to eat one the size of a whale penis all in one sitting.

Guess you don't take after your Mom then, huh?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Samovar posted:

Holy fuckin poo poo do I ever not :laffo:

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Captain Jesus posted:

Pickled sausages? How about sausaged pickles

https://i.imgur.com/sTzEF0y.mp4

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

CLAM DOWN posted:

That aussie politician who took a bite of an onion like an apple? I'd do that. gently caress yeah.

Are you sure? That was a raw brown onion.

With the skin on.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Zenithe posted:

Are you sure? That was a raw brown onion.

With the skin on.

And it was Tony Abbott.
You do not, under any circumstances, want to emulate him.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
4:40 for North Korean noodles, speaking of NK foods. (Not in NK though.)

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Paladinus posted:

It's basically just a lazy(er) wurstalat, isn't it?

The sausages are pickled in a jar with onions and optionally other stuff and then just fished out and served.

Not sure how that compares to wurstsalat. It's called "utopenec" in czech and is a common pub food.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Captain Jesus posted:

The sausages are pickled in a jar with onions and optionally other stuff and then just fished out and served.

Not sure how that compares to wurstsalat. It's called "utopenec" in czech and is a common pub food.

In wurstsalat the sausage is not pickled, but with the amount of vinegar that usually goes with it, it might as well be. It's wurst, pickles, and onions, just like this thing. Maybe it's something Czechs picked up during Austro-Hungarian rule. Or it's just a naturally appealing combination of ingredients.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Samovar posted:

lmbo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
A valiant poster has sacrificed :10bux::10bux: to sample the Garfield pizza:

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Ordered a BBQ steak pizza and an orange garfaccino. Pray for me.

There's a video on a constant loop of Jim Davis telling me how great Garfeats is.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

While I wait for my pizza please enjoy the comic that came with my garfaccino

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

There's no place to sit so I'll have to report on taste when I get home. FYI those two things together was $23 lmao.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

The orange garfaccino is impressive. It somehow smells strongly of bitter orange peel while managing to be completely flavorless. I can't detect any hint of either orange or coffee taste.

They've discovered a new flavor and that flavor is "blank". Water is more flavorful than this.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Pizza review:

First of all, the sauce. It's so thin. Like theoretically this thing has barbeque sauce on it, but barbeque water is a more accurate description. It makes the whole thing soggy as hell and actually drips off the pizza as you try and eat it. Nevertheless, this is where the bulk of what flavor exists on this pizza comes from.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Next up the toppings. The steak is about the same quality you'd get on a Subway steak and cheese but is surprisingly edible. Ditto for the onions and green peppers. Not much flavor again but, compared to the monstrosity that comes next it's passable.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Let's talk about the cheese. After five minutes it congealed into a horrible rubbery mass. Like you know how pizza cheese gets after a few days in the fridge? This thing manages to get to that level in minutes. It also, again, manages to be entirely devoid of flavor. If this was an intentional effort to make the blandest, most tasteless food possible they'd deserve a Nobel prize.

Update: Found the flavor of the garfaccino. It was entirely contained in a mass of raw orange peels hiding in the bottom of the cup that just dumps into your mouth all at once when you try and finish the coffee. Gross.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Alright finally, the crust. I ordered a thick crust but there's no way they got it right. It's thin as hell, cornmeal dusted, and has about the same flavour as a cheap store bought frozen pizza.

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

I will now attempt to follow the Re-box instructions

Update: It can't actually be done. The guidelines in the actual box don't match the instructions.

And thus ends my GarfieldEats experience. Some other poor bastard is going to have to review the rest of the menu like the lasagna, Spaghetti Cow, and Watermelon smoothie.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What country is that in.

The whole menu reads like a twilight zone episode

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's in Toronto, IIRC, but it's a chain operated by a UAE oil sheikh's failson.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

spankmeister posted:

Looks like a curryworst to me

No curry ketchup. It's just the worst.

Don't doxx me.

This isn't really on-topic for this thread but I don't know of anywhere else to post it either: I got stuck at a French airport due to an overbooked flight, and killed some of the waiting time sitting at the airport McDonald's and watching American tourists walk up, read the menu, and laugh it really is called a Royale with Cheese.

buddhist nudist has a new favorite as of 23:51 on Jul 19, 2019

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

buddhist nudist posted:

No curry ketchup. It's just the worst.

I know. That's what they call a deep fried mystery meat sausage in Belgium. Maybe not in all parts of Belgium idk

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo that looks delicious

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not enough moisture. Steam that bun.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Is that tongue?

gently caress no, if so.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

FISH ARENT SEA TONGUES

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zipperelli. posted:

Is that tongue?

Small tastries

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The Bloop posted:

Small tastries

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

The Bloop posted:

Small tastries

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Yes!

quote:

No.

e: hmm although....

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

spankmeister posted:

e: hmm although....

NO

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

100% would eat

50% yes (liver no, marmite YES)

I've just recently started eating marmite after years of NO THANK YOU - child me thought it was far too strong, adult me loves the salty salty savoury goodness on buttered toast.

Pookah has a new favorite as of 09:56 on Jul 20, 2019

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/monomaniacism/status/1152310942249697282

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

It's genetic! I eat nothing and still gain weight! Weight watchers doesn't work!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

https://twitter.com/HEFFYRAPS/status/1149789295969878016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ketchup on the plate. I'm revoking that person's Chicago status. Effective immediately! Turn in your cans of Fistmas and your Ventra card and get the hell out of my office.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ketchup on the plate. I'm revoking that person's Chicago status. Effective immediately! Turn in your cans of Fistmas and your Ventra card and get the hell out of my office.

I'm revoking your chicagoan status for not mentioning malort. Way to gently caress it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

This is vegan if the blood comes from a consenting adult human.