Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Poison Strike exists in this game, at least on Hard. It's in one of the spoiler screenshots. I haven’t spotted it myself, but someone mentioned Seal Speed returning as well.

I would bet anything that the Death Knight is recruitable. He has a skill to boost weapon exp gain and a whole lot of random higher-level weapon ranks, even though he only wields a lance.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jul 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So hidden talents get your characters skills once unlocked. We know confirmed ones are

Ferdinand unlocks Seal Speed after blooming his talent, Bernadetta unlocks Pass and Edelgard gets Black Magic Crit +10

According to some dude streaming his hard mode playthrough.

Man the kids with no crests or hidden talents got screwed huh.

Zore fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 20, 2019

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

My dream is that there is a Malig Knight class. I love me some wyverns but I want to join the evil empire... Why couldn't it just be Bern?

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Zore posted:

So hidden talents get your characters skills once unlocked. We know confirmed ones are

Ferdinand unlocks Seal Speed after blooming his talent, Bernadetta unlocks Pass and Edelgard gets Black Magic Crit +10

According to some dude streaming his hard mode playthrough.

Man the kids with no crests or hidden talents got screwed huh.

I know it's spoilers, etc., but got a link to that stream?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Coucho Marx posted:

I know it's spoilers, etc., but got a link to that stream?

They aren't streaming currently I don't think, I got the info from some screenshots they posted to 4chan which got crossposted to Serenes and Reddit.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Those hidden talents are kinda lame.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Zore posted:

They aren't streaming currently I don't think, I got the info from some screenshots they posted to 4chan which got crossposted to Serenes and Reddit.

That's cool. I actually just saw some stuff in the reddit thread (no spoilers at all, just a general writing impression, but they're not holding back on rather dark character development, huh?), so I might be best to just not look at it anymore.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
it has fighting game motions

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Seen a couple spoiler support texts and they are definitely going to some dark places in this game.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
One lore bit from the spoilers clarifies the situation with Rhea I think. Fairly minor spoiler.

The church itself is split into two factions which means Rhea and the others could be with the church but not be villains if things are going with the evil church twist.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Mokinokaro posted:

One lore bit from the spoilers clarifies the situation with Rhea I think. Fairly minor spoiler.

The church itself is split into two factions which means Rhea and the others could be with the church but not be villains if things are going with the evil church twist.

That would make sense. It would also explain that spoiler-ish part of the trailers where Rhea seems to pull an Emmeryn. It could be the evil faction taking over the church?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Saw a gameplay video and... do you have to play in third person or can you switch to classic grid/over the top view for the battles? :ohdear:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yeah that's the default view.

I'm kinda surprised there's anyone playing with the 3rd person view tbh. It doesn't look like a fun way to play the game.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Avalerion posted:

Saw a gameplay video and... do you have to play in third person or can you switch to classic grid/over the top view for the battles? :ohdear:

I've seen gameplay where they do both, it's switchable. The third person stuff is probably just in there for giggles since they're using the Dynasty/FE Warriors engine for combat anyway.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's to change things up after the 5th playthrough

edit:

spoilers, IGN posted the entire list of who can support with who, including S Supports

https://www.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-three-houses/Supports_and_Romance#Available_Marriage_Partners_in_Three_Houses

Tae fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jul 20, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Claude isn't romanceable by either gender, lol

unless its a mistake.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Endorph posted:

unless its a mistake.

Haha that owns if it’s true. They contradict it in the paragraph before the table, weirdly.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 20, 2019

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also

Zoran posted:

Haha that owns if it’s true

They have him in the big chart but not the more obvious chart. It's possible he has a non-romantic s-support, since they phrase the s supports with Rhea and Sothis oddly too, so those might be a thing.

And in non-spoiler news, characters have cross-house supports, but only a few. Mercedes can only support Ferdinand in the Black Eagles, for instance, but she has 2-3 options in the Deer.

Everything I see about the supports here makes me really excited that they're actually, like, written.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Endorph posted:

unless its a mistake.

The big chart says he can S support with F Byleth. Guessing they just screwed up with the small chart since Dimitri's also not on it but is also listed as romanceable by F Byleth on the bigger one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also keep in mind there's an embargo for post-timeskip stuff, so any characters who are only introduced post-timeskip (if there are any) wouldn't be in that chart.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Here's the list of Master Class skills and requirements.

Dark Knight has dark magic access (and indeed also has Dark Magicfaire) for the first time ever.

Male Mortal Savants look gross. We knew this already, but it's still surprising to me that there's only one sword class open to men, and it’s a hybrid foot unit.

Bow Knights can have 1-6 bow range and canto, so if you field an entire army of them you may be able to win the game without ever leaving your units in enemy range again.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jul 20, 2019

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Endorph posted:

unless its a mistake.

Neither is Dimitri, interestingly. I'd have thought he's a shoo-in given how well he'd fit into an otome game as a love interest.

Zoran posted:

Bow Knights can have 1-6 bow range and canto, so if you field an entire army of them you may be able to win the game without ever leaving your units in enemy range again.

This is so wild to me. I don't know how a few Bow Knights won't just break the game completely over the knee, or at least overly centralize your tactics around Bow Knights on both sides. But I guess I don't know how late you'd be reaching the Master classes.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jul 20, 2019

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Zoran posted:

Male Mortal Savants look gross. We knew this already, but it's still surprising to me that there's only one sword class open to men, and it’s a hybrid foot unit.

What do you mean? Mortal Savants are the only real sword class available at Master Tier period, and the only other class that even looks at that proficiency is Falcoknight. They don't have access to Swordmaster at Advanced sure, but there are multiple non-gender locked classes at that tier that preferentially use swords (+Hero, which is male-exclusive).

Honestly, for better or worse swords are just incredibly uncommon at Master Tier - even axes are a more common proficiency requirement (by 1). Most common is Lance by far, with every mounted Master class other than GK requiring some level of proficiency with them.

And yeah, Bowknights look absolutely absurd.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

blizzardvizard posted:

Neither is Dimitri, interestingly. I'd have thought he's a shoo-in given how well he'd fit into an otome game as a love interest.

The big chart has S-ranks for Byleth where you'd expect (i.e. all men and no women for FByleth), only the bi supports are highlighted:

IGN posted:

In the table below, cells are color-coded by house (or staff/faculty of the Monastery), and pink cells indicate a same-sex S-Rank support and marriage is possible.

So Claude and Dimitri should be options for FByleth, they just hosed the second chart.

Coucho Marx fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jul 20, 2019

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Endgame could be a lot of units that reduce ranged damage, never know.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I mean keep in mind you can still equip any weapon you want regardless of class, with the only exception being that you can’t use magic outside a magic class.

So there’s no sword focused Master rank classes, but you can still use your A rank sword and mastery skills from lower tier sword classes.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

hopeandjoy posted:

I mean keep in mind you can still equip any weapon you want regardless of class, with the only exception being that you can’t use magic outside a magic class.

So there’s no sword focused Master rank classes, but you can still use your A rank sword and mastery skills from lower tier sword classes.

There's no reason to equip a weapon which doesn't gain bonuses from your class at that point since it's objectively worse than using a weapon which gains bonuses from your class. Being able to equip any weapon regardless of class is useful when aiming to reclass, but not at master level.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/ota_sumi/status/1152239626595098625

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I’m a bit surprised Flayn and Cyril can’t support each other, since they’re the youngest of the bunch. I guess they just don’t have anything in common besides that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hilarious detail about Sylvain's supports: he can support almost every girl in the game, including teachers and basically all the girls in the eagles and deer besides Edelgard, but he only has an A support with Ingrid and Mercedes.

Also, made a chart of who gets what cross-faction supports when going where, if it helps you decide who to poach. Some information might be wrong, but blame IGN for that, not me. Some really interesting options here, though.

One that sticks out to me a ton is Lysithea and Edelgard, considering The Crests are To Blame and Lysithea has two of 'em.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jul 20, 2019

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Do we actually know what the pre-timeskip support cap is? Because I've at least seen claims that you're limited to B-rank, and if that's true and applies to all supports - as opposed to just Byleth - that might explain some of the A-ranks.

Endorph: At a glance, you seem to be missing at least one, Dmitri has an A-rank with Marianne.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 20, 2019

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Claude not being bi is a personal insult :mad:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
how many save slots tho

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Five, plus one autosave.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
games with limited save files are hosed up!!

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Do we know what NG+ gives you yet?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Obviously I’ll have to play it by ear once I actually get into the game, but I think I have my list of four cross-house recruits I’d like to get into the Golden Deer. Sylvain is the number one choice for his obvious synergies with Hilda and Leonie.

And for his sake, I might need to also grab someone like Ingrid because the poor dude strikes out with almost every woman in the game lmao

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
Support chart conv:
In the big support chart there is a cut-off for Male Byleth in Dimitri's and Claude's support chart while f!byleth has S supports so I dont think it's non-romantic.

That said the second chart says marriage so it would be pretty funny if it was correct and dimitri didnt marry due to not supporting institutions anymore and Claude over pulling a solas or similiar

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://kellyanimallover.tumblr.com/post/186259656416/so-gilbert-is-one-of-the-three-male-romance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't believe after nearly a decade, they finally let a kid have two dads