Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Maybe the Swedish PM can negotiate to let out all these detained migrants in exchange for releasing Rocky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I said it before buuuut

https://twitter.com/ds_prophet/status/1151256298991882242?s=19

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Slowpoke! posted:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1152577020594917376?s=21

*staffer crossing out A$AP and writing “A-sap” for his speech*

Lol, "I have personally vouched for his bail, which is definitely a thing Sweden does and not the subject of an hours long argument on a dead gay comedy forum sparked by this very situation."

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Jarmak posted:

Trump is getting involved because Kanye West and Kim Kardashian asked him to on Rocky's behalf.

Regardless when the ostensibly most powerful man in the world is personally calling the Prime Minister on your behalf that's political pull. The why
doesn't change that.

The call Trump made is completely meaningless and just something Trump can gloat about. And it's not political pull that A$AP Rocky has (and can use to escape EU as was implied lmao), it's West/Kardashian being people in Trump's orbit.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Lol, "I have personally vouched for his bail, which is definitely a thing Sweden does and not the subject of an hours long argument on a dead gay comedy forum sparked by this very situation."

"mr president, please read the thread before posting"

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Me: I don't care how many rappers he saves, I will never respect this president

*Trump gets Macklemore out of Japanese prison*

Me: MAGA

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

not a bot posted:

The call Trump made is completely meaningless and just something Trump can gloat about. And it's not political pull that A$AP Rocky has (and can use to escape EU as was implied lmao), it's West/Kardashian being people in Trump's orbit.

sexpig by night posted:

it's kinda amazing how many people think Rocky is some mega wealthy powerhouse with tons of political pull to throw around.

He literally has former top level Obama diplomats, white house officials and the literal president of the United States playing ball to curry favors from his friends. The sky is the limit.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 20, 2019

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
you know, 'profiling' is junk science mainly pioneered by sexists and racists and all but you're gonna have to offer something to show the dude who spent ten minutes quietly trying to walk away from a couple psychos harassing him is suddenly turning into a remorseless international fugitive.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MiddleOne posted:

You keep portraying this as some machiavellian stunt when it would just be a matter of grabbing a car to Finland/Norway/Denmark, going to the embassy there and taking the first flight.

He literally has former top level Obama diplomats, white house officials and the literal president of the United States playing ball to curry favors from his friends.

WHAT FRIENDS?!

He has the white house making a pointless call where President Deals said 'don't worry I'll pay his bail' to a PM who's justice system doesn't have bail because his friend Kim called the president's son in law and he's a starfucker. Nothing is actually happening.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

That it's not gonna work doesn't change the fact that it is literally happening.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/KimKardashian/status/1151982013508775936

hmmm maybe we should thank Swedish prosecutors for distracting Mike Pompeo from trying to start a war with Iran

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

eke out posted:

"mr president, please read the thread before posting"

It's just the little things he does that let you know he can't talk about anything ever without making up a self aggrandizing lie. If he even did offer to cover bail to a Swedish government person what would they even do? Pretend he didn't say that and hope his mind wanders off to something else?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MiddleOne posted:

That it's not gonna work doesn't change the fact that it is literally happening.

no but you pitching it as 'his powerful friends' is insane when Trump has no idea who he is, no one in the white house knows who he is, but Kim is famous and told Trump it was bad what's happening so he agreed. You're making it sound like he has the loving white house on speed dial and they're eager to work to get his favor for....reasons....

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

It's just the little things he does that let you know he can't talk about anything ever without making up a self aggrandizing lie. If he even did offer to cover bail to a Swedish government person what would they even do? Pretend he didn't say that and hope his mind wanders off to something else?

hmm, gotta disagree.

personally i assume this is not a lie and he did, completely cluelessly, make some kind of idiotic and useless offer like that. and the Swedish officials had to do precisely what you say and pretend it wasn't ignorant and insulting

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
there's no 'connections' at play here, literally all Trump wants is a popular black guy to stand next to him so his team can go "OH WOULD A RACIST DO THIS????" after spending a week telling a Somali American to go back where she came from. It's the exact same reason he got so angry when those basketball players who got busted in China didn't thank him because they were smart enough to know they were gonna get let out any way and Trump was just swooping in to take credit. Those guys didn't have any 'powerful friends' either they were just a photo op for our big wet boy he was eager for.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

eke out posted:

hmm, gotta disagree.

personally i assume this is not a lie and he did, completely cluelessly, make some kind of idiotic and useless offer like that. and the Swedish officials had to do precisely what you say and pretend it wasn't ignorant and insulting

oh god yea. He absolutely did say 'look if it's such a big deal I'll cover his bail' and the Swedish government person in charge of this had to go 'uuuuuh...thank...you?' and quickly move on before anyone told him

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Now I’m a belieber!

https://twitter.com/justinbieber/status/1152431873814962177?s=21

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Trump cares more about what celebrities think of him than anybody else so if this trend continues it could lead to some fun meltdowns

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

not a bot posted:

So he's got people in his orbit that are in Trumps orbit that can get him to personally intercede on his behalf?

That's like the textbook definition of political connections.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

eke out posted:

hmm, gotta disagree.

Yeah you're right, it's not like he isn't famous for not paying.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Jarmak posted:

So he's got people in his orbit that are in Trumps orbit that can get him to personally intercede on his behalf?

That's like the textbook definition of political connections.

Or Kim and Donald are jockeying for spotlight over some dumb poo poo that would be resolved one way or another within a couple of weeks. Are there any celebrity gossip rags reporting on whether Rocky requested an intervention from Kim?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

ummel posted:

Or Kim and Donald are jockeying for spotlight over some dumb poo poo that would be resolved one way or another within a couple of weeks. Are there any celebrity gossip rags reporting on whether Rocky requested an intervention from Kim?

A$AP and Kanye don't even hang out in the same circles, or at least they never used to. A$AP is/was a lot close to Drake, Lil Wayne (both people Ye had falling outs with long ago) and Tyler the Creator. People think hip-hop/rap is a lot more homogeneous than it actually is.

My guess is Kim thought this would be an easy win for her on her way to getting her lawyering license or whatever the gently caress she's been doing.

Ruminahui
Mar 3, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
I'm excited to be ruled over by dumbass celebrities. Let's get this show on the road.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Ruminahui posted:

I'm excited to be ruled over by dumbass celebrities. Let's get this show on the road.

Greetings time Traveller. It's 2019 and I have some good news and some bad news

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
You joke, it's all bad.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Man, I’ve been enjoying her work for years on HBO Real Sports, how have I only JUST noticed this week that Soledad O’Brien is a pro Twitter follow?
https://twitter.com/soledadobrien/status/1152602300730564613?s=21

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Mahoning posted:

Man, I’ve been enjoying her work for years on HBO Real Sports, how have I only JUST noticed this week that Soledad O’Brien is a pro Twitter follow?
https://twitter.com/soledadobrien/status/1152602300730564613?s=21

Yeah she is

https://twitter.com/soledadobrien/status/1152600010384711683?s=20

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Kanye has literally never even mentioned A$AP in my presence before.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

sexpig by night posted:

no but you pitching it as 'his powerful friends' is insane when Trump has no idea who he is, no one in the white house knows who he is, but Kim is famous and told Trump it was bad what's happening so he agreed. You're making it sound like he has the loving white house on speed dial and they're eager to work to get his favor for....reasons....

There is a non zero chance that he doesn't call up people in between his fox hours and whenever they can corner him into a room to sign some poo poo legislation to seek attention and adoration from "people that matter". Ted Cruz and Turtle don't count in his world.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I want Justin Bieber to fight Trump. Make it happen, stupid universe

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Duncan Hunter draws the ire of the USMC as he continues to flail his way towards prison

quote:

The Marine Corps has issued a cease-and-desist letter to Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., for using the official Corps emblem and phrase on campaign mailers that link his likely 2020 opponent and two Democratic congresswomen to terror.

In a letter to Hunter obtained by NBC News, the Marine Corps Trademark Licensing Office tells the congressman, “It has come to our attention that your campaign is using the official USMC Eagle, Globe and Anchor (Emblem) and the phrase ‘No Better Friend, NO Worse Enemy’ (Phrase) as an integral part of your political campaign, namely, on at least one fundraising mailer to your constituents.”

The letter, dated Tuesday, demands that Hunter’s campaign “immediately remove the Emblem and the Phrase from its mailers, and, without limitation, from all other campaign materials including websites and other instances where the Emblem or the Phrase are being used. We also request that you provide us with a timetable as to your compliance with our requests.”

When you're too Islamophobic for the Marines, you know you've hosed up.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1152605003770552320

quote:

Three men who were part of a white supremacist group that traveled from California to Virginia with a plan to attack counter-protesters at the 2017 “Unite the Right” rally have been sentenced to time in prison. According to the Department of Justice, 26-year-old Benjamin Daley was sentenced to 37 months, 25-year-old Thomas Gillen was sentenced to 33 months, and 30-year-old Michael Miselis was sentenced to 27 months.

The men are members of the Rise Above Movement, a militant group known for members who train in mixed martial arts street-fighting techniques. Members of the California-based group were caught on camera punching, kicking and choking counterprotesters before a planned “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville in August 2017. The men all pleaded guilty to conspiring to riot.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.
https://twitter.com/g_eazy/status/1152383312654213121?s=21

Tho G-Eazy pled guilty

I wonder how rocky feels about being associated with Donald trump now, given his involvement with a bunch of high end European fashion houses.

Also a choice quote from rocky that seems somewhat ironic now

quote:

the president an a hole / praying for a JFK

EwokEntourage fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 20, 2019

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

Duncan Hunter draws the ire of the USMC as he continues to flail his way towards prison

When you're too Islamophobic for the Marines, you know you've hosed up.

Gabbard's had to do this multiple times for using images of her in uniform as part of campaign promotional materials - the military has a whole office basically devoted to making sure this doesn't happen. Hunter's just particularly blatant

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
E: Check the article date, stupid

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 20, 2019

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"A$AP Rocky is arrested? Better call the swedish pm!"
"Refugee telling about how her family was killed? Listening and standing up is too hard.."
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1152279015576784896

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Alhazred posted:

"A$AP Rocky is arrested? Better call the swedish pm!"
"Refugee telling about how her family was killed? Listening and standing up is too hard.."
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1152279015576784896

From the same article:

quote:

Trump told Murad he would look into it “very strongly.” As she started to back away, Trump said: “And you had the Nobel Prize. That’s incredible. They gave it to you for what reason?”

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/Ugarles/status/1152612292984541184?s=20

it’s also hilarious how poorly designed the graphic is. they mean EACH of those states has a lower population than LA county - not all of them combined as the map and wording would mean.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 20, 2019

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/1152628260272033793

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Me and a few other posters are the only people alive in Virginia. The rest are just racist ghosts.