Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Alhazred posted:

"A$AP Rocky is arrested? Better call the swedish pm!"
"Refugee telling about how her family was killed? Listening and standing up is too hard.."
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1152279015576784896

I honestly can't bring myself to watch this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://twitter.com/Ugarles/status/1152612292984541184?s=20

it’s also hilarious how poorly designed the graphic is. they mean EACH of those states has a lower population than LA county - not all of them combined as the map and wording would mean.

This map and that other one that was posted a few pages back are a great example of why data is useless when dealing with these people, though.

It's insane to interpret the data that this map is (very poorly) visualizing as anything other than evidence that we should do away with the electoral college, yet here we are. Whatever data you have, right wingers will just pretend that it actually supports their argument because they literally have the mentality of twelve year olds.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Crabtree posted:

Me and a few other posters are the only people alive in Virginia. The rest are just racist ghosts.

Please call the Ghostbusters.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

Crabtree posted:

Me and a few other posters are the only people alive in Virginia. The rest are just racist ghosts.

Hey now there's not a racist wisp in my aether.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Mahoning posted:

Man, I’ve been enjoying her work for years on HBO Real Sports, how have I only JUST noticed this week that Soledad O’Brien is a pro Twitter follow?
https://twitter.com/soledadobrien/status/1152602300730564613?s=21
https://twitter.com/dril/status/464802196060917762?lang=en

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/HeidiStevens13/status/1152358901813325824?s=19

That op-ed could have been written this week.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I don't who that writer is, but for a dude in the 60s he owns pretty fuckin hard

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Both Nate’s are shook and are having a slap fight on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/1152625123519868929?s=21

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I don't think A$AP will like Trump using his name so lol at people thinking he asked someone to ask Trump for help.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

not a bot posted:

From the same article:

Here is a man who doesn't know poo poo about anything and doesn't care and spent his whole life doing this half-hearted schmoozing where he feigns interest and sympathy but, obviously, can't possibly care any less. Don't think about what this lady is telling you, just make the pleasant mouth sounds and maybe she'll go away.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Gaunab posted:

I don't think A$AP will like Trump using his name so lol at people thinking he asked someone to ask Trump for help.

A lot of goons know nothing of the rap game and it shows

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liZm1im2erU

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

MickeyFinn posted:

Here is a man who doesn't know poo poo about anything and doesn't care and spent his whole life doing this half-hearted schmoozing where he feigns interest and sympathy but, obviously, can't possibly care any less. Don't think about what this lady is telling you, just make the pleasant mouth sounds and maybe she'll go away.

It's also a man who really wanted a Nobel peace prize being dismissive towards a woman who was awarded the prize Trump felt should have been his. It must have been on his mind the whole time and just before Murad was backing out, Trump just had to ask why oh why did she get it.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Bieber is cooler than Kanye. What a time to be alive.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Don't worry, once Trump hears his boys are in prison he'll draft up some more pardons

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SocketWrench posted:

Don't worry, once Trump hears his boys are in prison he'll draft up some more pardons

no he won't. he doesn't care enough. rich celebs arnt screaming for it so he doesnt care.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

EwokEntourage posted:

https://twitter.com/g_eazy/status/1152383312654213121?s=21

Tho G-Eazy pled guilty

I wonder how rocky feels about being associated with Donald trump now, given his involvement with a bunch of high end European fashion houses.

Also a choice quote from rocky that seems somewhat ironic now

Yeah, I can see how having you and your group of body guards beat down and hospitalize the guy is totally racism against you when the cops arrest you.
Why do celebrities always have to be in a competition to be the dumbest one alive

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

I saw some speech attributed to Rocky where he dismisses a ton of civil rights cases. Concluding that he lives in Beverly hills and so it doesn't concern him. But it was also saturated with nihilism and shared overwhelmingly by bad faith posters with touches of racism so I'm hesitant to crucify him over it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SocketWrench posted:

Yeah, I can see how having you and your group of body guards beat down and hospitalize the guy is totally racism against you when the cops arrest you.
Why do celebrities always have to be in a competition to be the dumbest one alive

stupid uppity 'celebrities' thinking that they're allowed to spend ten minutes walking away from people harassing them, constantly telling them peacefully to back off while they threaten them, and then finally defend themselves when it's clear after that time and countless attempts to disengage the people won't stop following them.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Malachi Constant posted:

I honestly can't bring myself to watch this.

I’ve watched it and the worst of it is this side glance he does when she’s talking about her struggles. No eye contact, and body language (while sitting down) is a “why do I have to be here and listen to this person?”

Trump cannot even act like a decent human being, let alone genuinely be one.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

EwokEntourage posted:

Sweden could but doesn’t take steps to prevent people that could be a flight risk from fleeing, preferring to detain them in jail instead. How is that better?

People in This thread are arguing that it’s Better to keep people in jail than pre trial release. Seriously?

From several pages back but sweden has hundreds of totally unguarded ways to leave the country (basically open land and sea borders to all neighboring countries) so taking a passport does little to deter flight. Any electronic tagging is also easy to circumvent if you give no poo poo about ever coming back.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

sexpig by night posted:

stupid uppity 'celebrities' thinking that they're allowed to spend ten minutes walking away from people harassing them, constantly telling them peacefully to back off while they threaten them, and then finally defend themselves when it's clear after that time and countless attempts to disengage the people won't stop following them.

Did you miss the part where they slam him into the curb and then stand around him in a circle, beating and punching him?

Does self defense extend that far even in the US?

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

SocketWrench posted:

G eazy has 3 charges, assault (same as rocky) and drugs and gun possession, in the Same city a rocky, got a deal negotiated and finalized in 2 days, and was out of the country shortly afterward.

Rocky has one charge, has been detained like 20 days now so they could conduct an investigation (which has helpfully already been solved by several goons) and which got delayed because they had to change prosecutors due to “vacation season”

Do you not see why people could view that as a difference in treatment between whites and poc?

Zudgemud posted:

From several pages back but sweden has hundreds of totally unguarded ways to leave the country (basically open land and sea borders to all neighboring countries) so taking a passport does little to deter flight. Any electronic tagging is also easy to circumvent if you give no poo poo about ever coming back.

Numerous countries in a similar situation have solved this problem. France kept Freddie Gibbs in France and he had less of a reason to return to Europe than rocky, who has a bunch of business and financial ties in high end fashion

EwokEntourage fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 20, 2019

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://twitter.com/Ugarles/status/1152612292984541184?s=20

it’s also hilarious how poorly designed the graphic is. they mean EACH of those states has a lower population than LA county - not all of them combined as the map and wording would mean.

And they can't even get the colors right. The whole point of these bullshit maps has always been to overwhelm the U.S. map with red. They hosed up the whole concept.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

tru

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

It doesn't matter how big of an individual flight risk a person is. There's a supreme court precedence in Sweden that declares all foreigners a flight risk and the prosecutor has no say on the matter.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

Pretty sure we should immediately disregard any and all justice system opinions of the person who said this:

quote:

I know it's a poo poo thing to think, but every one of those "women for Trump" bitches should be put into a sexual assault/rape situation and then told "Tough, this is what you support"

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

EwokEntourage posted:

G eazy has 3 charges, assault (same as rocky) and drugs and gun possession, in the Same city a rocky, got a deal negotiated and finalized in 2 days, and was out of the country shortly afterward.

Rocky has one charge, has been detained like 20 days now so they could conduct an investigation (which has helpfully already been solved by several goons) and which got delayed because they had to change prosecutors due to “vacation season”

Do you not see why people could view that as a difference in treatment between whites and poc?

Numerous countries in a similar situation have solved this problem. France kept Freddie Gibbs in France and he had less of a reason to return to Europe than rocky, who has a bunch of business and financial ties in high end fashion

Where do you get gun possession from? All sources I find say assault and drug possession for personal use. For which he got sentenced to prison (commuted to probation) and a fine of about 8000 euros.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

EwokEntourage posted:

G eazy pled guilty and negotiated a deal quickly, A$AP Rocky says he didn't do anything so that's a big difference already.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Eschenique posted:

Did you miss the part where they slam him into the curb and then stand around him in a circle, beating and punching him?

Does self defense extend that far even in the US?

I think when you're being followed around for a long period of time by belligerent and at times threatening people you have a pretty strong case for 'yea maybe poo poo got out of hand but I was justified in feeling I had to defend myself', yes.

But just to be clear on things that are ironclad and unchangable in Swedish law, with zero room for any interpretation and choice in application:

-every foreigner is an inherent flight risk

-taking passports is allowed but 'not done often'

-there's a 'vacation season' where the people in charge of handling these cases just peace out for a bit and welp sucks for you if you're in jail

-but if you just plead guilty and take a deal offered to you you'll get out in like a week

did I miss anything?

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Eschenique posted:

Where do you get gun possession from? All sources I find say assault and drug possession for personal use. For which he got sentenced to prison (commuted to probation) and a fine of about 8000 euros.

Oh yea I misread it. I saw assault possession and narcotics charge and assumed it the possession was a gun charge since they mentioned narcotics separately

What even is a “use of narcotics” charge

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

not a bot posted:

G eazy pled guilty and negotiated a deal quickly, A$AP Rocky says he didn't do anything so that's a big difference already.

Do you think it's possible they aren't even offering A$AP a deal and that's why he doesn't have one? Lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Koalas March posted:

Do you think it's possible they aren't even offering A$AP a deal and that's why he doesn't have one? Lol

look KM everyone's on vacation, you can't expect them to do their jobs during vacation season!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

look KM everyone's on vacation, you can't expect them to do their jobs during vacation season!

Antiblackness is worldwide but apparently Sweden is above that somehow lol

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

EwokEntourage posted:

Oh yea I misread it. I saw assault possession and narcotics charge and assumed it the possession was a gun charge since they mentioned narcotics separately

What even is a “use of narcotics” charge

It's illegal to use drugs in Sweden. Not just possessing. If you fail the urine test you are automatically sentenced for use.

sexpig by night posted:

-but if you just plead guilty and take a deal offered to you you'll get out in like a week

did I miss anything?

There's no deal making in Swedish law. You can confess or deny and it has no effect on your final sentence. Confession does reduce the amount of time you spend in jail. However all jail time is counted against the final prison sentence.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
smash cut to a big lake house with every prosecutor in Sweden humming a jaunty tune and whittling on the porch in unison

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
The A$AP takes itt are roughly as good as the one for the Jussie Smollett case were

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Eschenique posted:

It's illegal to use drugs in Sweden. Not just possessing. If you fail the urine test you are automatically sentenced for use.

There's no deal making in Swedish law. You can confess or deny and it has no effect on your final sentence. Confession does reduce the amount of time you spend in jail. However all jail time is counted against the final prison sentence.

geeze man it sounds like swedish law is actually pretty draconian and stupid or something

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Koalas March posted:

A deal is a bit different in Sweden than in the US. There is no actual negotiating between lawyers but if you admit committing the crime and assist in the investigation (which is mandatory in Sweden, no matter what) you will spend less time in jail.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Eschenique posted:

Ah ty for this clarification

Gotta say Sweden's system seems worse and better in a lot of ways. In conclusion racism exists and Sweden is a land of contrasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruminahui
Mar 3, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Koalas March posted:

Antiblackness is worldwide but apparently Sweden is above that somehow lol

Liberal government works!*

*offer valid to white males only