Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Kevino07 posted:

HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Bad Luck Fale, G1 Climax Night Night 7, 20/07, Fun match for what it was.

Rarity posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Lance Archer, G1 Climax Night 7, 20/07
HM: KENTA vs. EVIL, G1 Climax Night 7, 20/07
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. SANADA, G1 Climax Night 7, 20/07
MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay, G1 Climax Night 7, 20/07

What a loving show

agree with all of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Rarity posted:

What a loving show

Nth. I am so happy for all of this, Archer is blowing me away

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Volador Jr, Sanson, Forastero and Cuatrero vs Gran Guerrero, Euforia, Soberano Jr and Templario

Volador Jr was at his best here as were NGD. Everyone else was hanging with them too, Soberano looked the best he has in awhile as well. Great match.

MOTYC: LA Park, Hijo De LA Park and LA Park Jr vs Bestia Del Ring, Mistico and Rush

7/19 CMLL

You know what, screw I enjoyed those as much as some of the better G1 matches this week.

Nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs Will Ospreay, G1 Climax (7/18)

Holy poo poo this loving owned. One of my top three or so matches this year.

HM: Hijo del LA Park, LA Park, & La Parka Jr vs. Bestia del Ring, Mistico, & Rush, CMLL Liger Farewell (7/20)

This was a really intense match but the cheap finishes on a couple of the falls kept it from being a MOTYC.

The eight man tag from the same match will get either a HM or MOTYC from me, I just wasn't awake enough when I watched it to make a proper determination.

I'm also going to give a HM to: Jushin Liger vs Negro Casas vs Caristico vs Último Guerrero, CMLL Liger Farewell (7/20)

But if you liked either of these CMLL matches, there's a bunch of stuff I've linked to in this thread from CMLL that I'd really recommend you check out. It's got really great talent in it right now and every single Friday night there's almost always one or two memorable matches to check out.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

summer wrestling is just the best.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW G1 Climax Night 7 - 7/20

Will Ospreay is the Wrestler of the Year for 2019 but Okada may legit be the best wrestler in history and putting both together was sensational.

nth

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Rarity posted:

What a loving show

Nth. When Okada wins the block and the G1 he’s going to pick SANADA and Ospreay and they’re going to have the best ever triple threat at Wrestle Kingdom and I am going to die of happiness.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

A Real Horse posted:

Nth. When Okada wins the block and the G1 he’s going to pick SANADA and Ospreay and they’re going to have the best ever triple threat at Wrestle Kingdom and I am going to die of happiness.

I think you mean best double shot main event. SANADA on the 4th, Will on the 5th. (But for real, I think Ospreay's taking the block. And yes, I picked Ibushi in the contest)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Ashley Vox vs. Kris Stadtlander, Limitless Snakebitten
HM: Hijo De Dr. Pólux & Murciélago Plateada vs Alas de Acero & Iron Kid vs. Multifacetico (Puebla) & Prayer, Lucha Memes (3/31) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CphJvKrLTtU&t=10s

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Caught up on the last two days of the G1.

MOTFYC - Tomohiro Ishii vs. Jon Moxley, G1 Climax Night 6 (7/19)
MOTYC - Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay, G1 Climax Night 7 (7/20)

Ishii/Mox is my personal MOTY thus far.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

I think you mean best double shot main event. SANADA on the 4th, Will on the 5th. (But for real, I think Ospreay's taking the block. And yes, I picked Ibushi in the contest)

How the gently caress could Ospreay win the block? Don't some major shenanigans need to happen? Isn't Ospreay at 2?

Also Nthing Mox/Ishii, SANADA/Ibushi, and Ospreay/Okada.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

How the gently caress could Ospreay win the block? Don't some major shenanigans need to happen? Isn't Ospreay at 2?

Also Nthing Mox/Ishii, SANADA/Ibushi, and Ospreay/Okada.

He still has 10 potential points and people win with 12. He can't lose anything after this or he's probably out of the running without any fuckery.

Capn Combustible
May 30, 2013

I'm watching you.

Gumball Gumption posted:

He still has 10 potential points and people win with 12. He can't lose anything after this or he's probably out of the running without any fuckery.

True, but Okada is at 8 and has a tiebreaker. It's hard to imagine Okada not winning at least 2 of his remaining 5. Though I suppose Gedo has surprised us before.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Capn Combustible posted:

True, but Okada is at 8 and has a tiebreaker. It's hard to imagine Okada not winning at least 2 of his remaining 5. Though I suppose Gedo has surprised us before.

Okada loses to KENTA, Ibushi and EVIL, draws with SANADA, beats Archer. Ends at 11.
Ibushi beats Tana, Fale, Okada and Archer, loses to ZSJ, ends at 12, losing to Will via tiebreak if Will runs the table from now.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ospreay isn’t winning his block

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Okada loses to KENTA, Ibushi and EVIL, draws with SANADA, beats Archer. Ends at 11.
Ibushi beats Tana, Fale, Okada and Archer, loses to ZSJ, ends at 12, losing to Will via tiebreak if Will runs the table from now.

How would Will win a tie, he lost his match with Ibushi

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
poo poo, the Math confused me again :( (I swore I remembered Ospreay winning that one)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Capn Combustible
May 30, 2013

I'm watching you.

Gaz-L posted:

I don't think Will is winning the block, but now that I actually look at that list the idea of Okada losing the majority of his remaining matches seems a lot more likely than I thought. In fact the one match you have him winning (Archer) is one where I'd actually bet Okada loses since Archer has the hoss factor on his side and it would be a fresh matchup for a title defense at a lesser show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC Ishii vs Moxley NJPW 7/19

7/20:
HM: Tanahashi vs Goto
HM: Ibushi vs Sanada
HM: KENTA vs EVIL
MOTYC: Will "The Thrill" Ospreay vs Okada

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

7/20:
HM: Tanahashi vs Goto

Archer, right? :)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Archer, right? :)

Yes. They are basically the same guy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer wants to meet Shibata so badly and found the fastest and most direct way to have Shibata come directly to him :ohdear:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Shingo Takagi vs. Taichi, G1 Climax (7/19)
HM: Hirooki Goto vs. Tetsuya Naito, G1 Climax (7/19)

I'm saving Cobb-Moxley for tomorrow.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Ibushi vs Sanada
HM: KENTA vs EVIL
MOTYC: Will "The Thrill" Ospreay vs Okada

Yep.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

07/14 | Kazuchika Okada vs. Zack Sabre Jr - NJPW G1 Climax Night 3
07/18 | SANADA vs. EVIL - NJPW G1 Climax Night 5
07/20 | Kota Ibushi vs. SANADA - NJPW G1 Climax Night 7

All three of these for Match of the Year, please

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW G1 Climax Night 7 - 7/20

Will Ospreay is the Wrestler of the Year for 2019 but Okada may legit be the best wrestler in history and putting both together was sensational.

Nth, obviously.

Okada will win his block and win the G1 and challenge Liger to take him on in his final match January 5th.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

What a loving show

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

HM: Konosuke Takeshita Vs Chris Brookes, DDT “SUMMER VACATION 2019”, 21/07/2019

Really good match that delivered on all fronts.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Akileese posted:

Definitely, 2nd

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ibushi vs. SANADA got enough votes to make the MOTY list, which also marks the 50th MOTYC for New Japan this year, and with the G1 only 1/3rd over the chances of a marked increase are likely. The nearest competitor to New Japan in the MOTY stakes is WWE with 16 nominations, and even then 10 of those come purely from NXT.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HM: Shingo/Taichi, G1 Night 6
HM: Juice/Cobb, G1 Night 6
MOTYC: Ishii/Moxley, G1 Night 6

Surprising nobody, Ishii is the MVP of B Block

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Akileese posted:

Nth.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Akileese posted:

Dropping a fourth on this

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM:
Dragon Gate Kobe World Wrestling Festival 2019, 21/07/2019

Kzy vs Shun Skywalker

Exactly what you want from a Dragon Gate match, high intensity, wild, watch it.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM:

Kzy vs Shun Skywalker

Exactly what you want from a Dragon Gate match, high intensity, wild, watch it.

2nd.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM:

Ultimo Dragon, Dragon Kid & Masato Yoshino vs Masaaki Mochizuki, Shuji Kondo & Takuya Sugawara

A big emotional trios match, Dragon was instrumental in the career of the other 5 guys in this match, Genki Horiguchi was in tears on commentary and he wasn't the only one, Ultimo Dragon also had a few tears in his eyes. Mochizuki is amazing for a 49 year old, Dragon Kid's ranas are still so drat smooth, every one played their part and yeah, you should watch this. It's not the best thing you'll see (or even the best thing on this show) but it all just clicked.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

MOTYC: Tribe Vanguard (YAMATO and KAI) (c) vs R.E.D. (Big R Shimizu and Eita) vs MaxiMuM (Naruki Doi and Kaito Ishida)

TTBF fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jul 21, 2019

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MOTYC: Tribe Vanguard (YAMATO and KAI) (c) vs R.E.D. (Big R Shimizu and Eita) vs MaxiMuM (Naruki Doi and Kaito Ishida)

Holy hell now that's a loving tag title match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC:

Tribe Vanguard (YAMATO and KAI) (c) vs R.E.D. (Big R Shimizu and Eita) vs MaxiMuM (Naruki Doi and Kaito Ishida)

Hot drat. Just watch this.