Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

He created the Face.

Oh gently caress, I just remembered the panel with Miss Martian. God drat you bastards. I'd properly suppressed it like a good survivor of trauma and now you drag it back out of my memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
there it is

There it is.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Wasn't McKeever writing Titans at the height of DC's grimdark editorial mandate, though?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhyno posted:

He created the Face.

The what?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dawgstar posted:

The what?

So many innocent souls abound today.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rhyno posted:

He created the Face.

Didn't they also do Bart dirty by having him get killed by his clone or something? All in time for the Flash Rebirth?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

He created the Face.

Oh you rear end in a top hat. Reminding me of this garbage in the Marvel thread of all places.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

The what?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aw, Sean. What happened?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

there it is

There it is.

I hate all of you for reminding me this exists. Next time something bad happens to you, I want you to wonder if I did it to you, out of vengeance.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Has Ed Brisson improved at all? I want to get excited for Ghost Rider, but everything I've read from Brisson has felt painfully mediocre.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roth posted:

Has Ed Brisson improved at all? I want to get excited for Ghost Rider, but everything I've read from Brisson has felt painfully mediocre.

I enjoyed his X-Force more than I was expecting to, although i haven't been able to pick up the finale yet.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

X-Force and Old/Dead Man Logan are great.

Here's the Wave 1 X-Men books and teams.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTER

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The only one that matters is Goldballs.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

TwoPair posted:

CHOOSE YOUR CHARACTER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPjjnfGKrPc

Also I still maintain that should have kept calling Gabby Honey Badger. :colbert:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPjjnfGKrPc

Also I still maintain that should have kept calling Gabby Honey Badger. :colbert:

What are they calling her now?

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Wanderer posted:

Wasn't McKeever writing Titans at the height of DC's grimdark editorial mandate, though?

yeah IIRC he complained about heavy editorial interference (at least one issue was released with no credited scripter, just a weird "original story by" credit for McKeever)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Vince MechMahon posted:

She took the name of one of her newly discovered clone sisters that died, Scout.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

End of X-23 she decided to change her name to Scout.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vince MechMahon posted:

She’s calling herself Scout now.

EDIT: god drat all of your reading good books too

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was gonna ask who the gently caress Scout is so thanks

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Gabby being alive and relevant by itself is relief

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I kinda want to know why Jubes, Rogue and Gambit and the others are buddies with Apocalypse now.
Does anyone ever use the name "Marvel Girl"? Jean should just switch her call sign. Also that outfit sucks. Her last one was leagues better.

Professor Dog
Jul 25, 2007
What's Juggernaut been up to lately? Hope he's not just robbing banks again. I liked good guy Cain.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Professor Dog posted:

What's Juggernaut been up to lately? Hope he's not just robbing banks again. I liked good guy Cain.

Trapped in Cyttorak's realm by Doc Voodoo.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

The only one that matters is Goldballs.

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1152814779955683329?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Post your forums name, Hickman.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

cant cook creole bream posted:

I kinda want to know why Jubes, Rogue and Gambit and the others are buddies with Apocalypse now.
I know this would require ~~editorial and creative communication~~ but in Age of X-Man Apocalypse's story was (spoiler block I guess if anyone is waiting to read the trade)

Apocalypse is in cahoots with X-Man to be the 'bad guy' for his altered world, where he preaches love and brotherhood in contrast with Nate Grey/society's rejection of romantic and familial bonds. It was all a ruse, but as part of the ruse he claims Evan/Kid Apocalypse as his biological son and plays the doting father, and ends up giving a big speech about how while play-acting being a benevolent leader and doting father he realized that love/community might help people evolve and become stronger.

Though it's not 100% clear how much anyone remembers from Age of X-Man and this motivation might not be the one Apocalypse ends up with at the end of HoX/PoX but

Dawgstar posted:

Trapped in Cyttorak's realm by Doc Voodoo.
A lot has happened since then! He got out somehow and appeared in Deadpool and Thor, then showed up in Rosenberg's X-Men where he was part of the new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants until he found out the Magneto he was following wasn't really Magneto, it was Joseph pretending to be Magneto again. So then he switched sides to the X-Men and Kwannon beheaded Joseph anyway. He hung out with the X-Men not doing much for six issues, until a fully-demonic Magik ripped Cyttorak's Ruby out of his chest, crushed it, and then sent a withered depowered Cain Marko into Limbo.

So that's where he's at!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edge & Christian posted:

Though it's not 100% clear how much anyone remembers from Age of X-Man and this motivation might not be the one Apocalypse ends up with at the end of HoX/PoX but
A lot has happened since then! He got out somehow and appeared in Deadpool and Thor, then showed up in Rosenberg's X-Men where he was part of the new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants until he found out the Magneto he was following wasn't really Magneto, it was Joseph pretending to be Magneto again. So then he switched sides to the X-Men and Kwannon beheaded Joseph anyway. He hung out with the X-Men not doing much for six issues, until a fully-demonic Magik ripped Cyttorak's Ruby out of his chest, crushed it, and then sent a withered depowered Cain Marko into Limbo.

So that's where he's at!

Interesting. Which I guess goes to show how much attention I've paid to Rosenberg's X-Men.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
The appropriate amount.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
What's the deal with Captain Britain and Psylocke there? Is Betsy back in her original body? Did the original person re-assert control over the ninja assassin body?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Yes

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
In one of the completely superfluous/red herring Hunt for Wolverine mini-series (Mystery in Madripoor) a bunch of X-Women went down to, well, Madripoor to see if Wolverine was alive and hiding out there. He wasn't, but through mechanisms I no longer remember Betsy's original body was reconstituted and her mind is back in her original body. Then her old body that woke up and Kwannon's mind was back in it. Neither of them have done anything of note since then.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
I think it was about time someone finally cut through the red tape and restored Betsy to her original body, while still keeping the cool sexy Japanese ninja around, because of course that has become a big part of the brand.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How many times have they played with this plot now?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

In one of the completely superfluous/red herring Hunt for Wolverine mini-series (Mystery in Madripoor) a bunch of X-Women went down to, well, Madripoor to see if Wolverine was alive and hiding out there. He wasn't, but through mechanisms I no longer remember Betsy's original body was reconstituted and her mind is back in her original body. Then her old body that woke up and Kwannon's mind was back in it. Neither of them have done anything of note since then.

A-ha! Is this my chance?

The team was ambushed by a bunch of old Erik Larsen characters and SAPPHIRE STYX, capturing Storm, Rogue and Psylocke. Sapphire Styx, being a psychic vampire, fed on Psylocke's energy but accidentally "killed her" by completely absorbing her consciousness. So Betsy's consciousness was floating around the massive psychic sea of consciousnesses that Styx has absorbed over the years eventually finding the willpower to use Styx's own psychic power to rebuild her original body, "atom by atom" until she burst out of Styx's body like Neo and Agent Smith at the end of the first Matrix movie.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

The team was ambushed by a bunch of old Erik Larsen characters and SAPPHIRE STYX, capturing Storm, Rogue and Psylocke. Sapphire Styx, being a psychic vampire, fed on Psylocke's energy but accidentally "killed her" by completely absorbing her consciousness. So Betsy's consciousness was floating around the massive psychic sea of consciousnesses that Styx has absorbed over the years eventually finding the willpower to use Styx's own psychic power to rebuild her original body, "atom by atom" until she burst out of Styx's body like Neo and Agent Smith at the end of the first Matrix movie.

...huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I mean, it's as linear and simple as anything else involving Betsy/Kwannon.