Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

i vomit kittens posted:

AITA for wanting to get a numbered tattoo on my arm as remembrance for a Holocaust Victim?

OP you're going overboard with your X-Men cosplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

QuarkJets posted:

It's easy to understand and very common, yes. Now do you understand why someone might choose to disobey that rule when trying to poison some unknown lunch thief?

but, it wouldn't work, because the food would probably be disposed of.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Had a sincere laugh out loud moment about the alligator arm. Got to hand it to the OP, that was hilarious.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

but, it wouldn't work, because the food would probably be disposed of.

Probably not until the end of the week, at the very least. The fridge at our office goes months with no one checking the contents for unlabeled lunches or whatever

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
it's also worth noting that in most of these stories the food thief is targeting one specific person, rather than stealing indiscriminantly. stealing from multiple people raises your chances of attracting attention. they'd probably avoid unlabeled food for the same reason.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

And there's the trolling factor. It's not just eating random food, it's eating Soandso's special lunch.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

This is OK as long as the number is 8675309
Jenny, no!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
What if she wants 24601 and just completely missed the point of both Les Mis and her education in the holocaust

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
whjat if she got the numbers from Rent

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my boyfriend he can't be in my instagram pictures while on vacation to tulum? To make it more confusing I'm paying for pretty much everything.

So where to begin, this is my second ever Reddit post in almost 3 years so I'm not very good at this. I'm currently getting my MBA but I also have a pretty successful Instagram account. I do all the typical "Insta-girl" stuff like swimwear, workout supplements and CBd products. But along with being a yoga instructor, I make enough money to live off, have no debts and afford a nice vacation for my boyfriend and I. We have been here for two days.

He is furious with me because I told him he can't be in the Instagram pictures because quite literally I don't get as many POS references to my companies when there's a guy in the pic. It's just a fact. I need these pics from this vacation to be able to sell stuff. It's just the way my "job" works. We can take as many private pics as he likes, we can do pics of us hiking, having sex, laying by the pool, I don't care but I need to keep my IG seperate.

He's been so pissy and taking alone time for the entire time we've been here. We have barely slept together, no intamacy and just short, curt conversations. He won't tell me what's wrong but I mean I guess I know what's wrong. I'm really upset because I paid for this entire vacation only to be ignored and treated pretty crappy.

Am I the rear end in a top hat here?

Edit: lots and lots of confusion about whether this was a vacation or work trip. This is what I said in another comment: And people are madder about this work trip/vacation confusion than anything else. I said it elsewhere but I’ve taken 4 pics and posted two now, so ironically I’ve spent far less time getting the “perfect” selfie than he has! So by the “you’re on a work trip!!!!” Logic he’s been working more than I have.

Edit2: Well folks it’s beeb fun. I got a VACATION to enjoy and some room keys to change because in the words of El “I dump your rear end!” He can figure out his own lodging and way back.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for fake employing my girlfriend, so I could give her money without her feeling bad about it?

I am 29 and live in a Western country, my girlfriend is 21 and is a student in an emerging market. We meet while she was traveling and have been together for a year. I fly to her about every second month. A central issue is money; my girlfriend, while not poor, has much more limited funds than me and girlfriend also, to my annoyance, is extremely reluctant to take any money from me, and rather spend her own money, which means she tries to keep up with my spending and be tit for tat and thus is burning through her savings really fast. I like traveling a lot and we go traveling several months a year.

However, because my girlfriend does not accept me paying for her, this means that she is overspending quite hard. We had a lot of discussions on this, but she is not budging and I am extremely annoyed by it, because it essentially means that we have to artificially limit ourself in terms of what we can do, because of her pride. I also don't want her to spend her savings because her country is sliding into a recession so she will need all the money she has after graduation. She told me that she is afraid that I would use the money I gave her in the future as leverage, or that it would create a false sense of entitlement or bitter feelings towards her in the future. She is also afraid that if we would split up, I would accuse her of having lived off me and being essentially a gold digger.

This is complete nonsense. I really don't care that much about money and even if we would split up, and even if it would be a bad break up (realistically, if we broke up, it was because something I did, not the other way around, so I am not much worried about it), I would never bring it up. I more the kind of guy to just move on immediately and she is a much, much, much better person than me any more, with a less "flexible" moral code.

So after a lot of discussions, I came up with this plan; I am running some web sites with a friend that make their money mostly through affiliation links in my country and I get about a 1000 € out of it every month. Now I told her that we need a translator (from English into her language) for these websites and that my friend wanted her to do it. She agreed to it and has been translating these websites ever since.

This a lie. There is no translation job and, at least for the moment, we don't have any use for the translations. It's just a scheme that allows me to pay her about 500 € (which is basically the monthly income for a higher middle-class person in her country). I will never tell her about this, even there should be a bad break up. I also have zero expectations of what she does with the money. Also, even if we broke up, I intent to keep up the scheme until afer she graduated and found a good job herself.

I talked with another friend about this and she accused me of being extremely manipulative and toxic. I do realize that I am lying to my girlfriend and that this thing is quite big, but I think its more of a "means justify the ends" situations.

Now I wonder AITA?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Well that escalated quickly

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my boyfriend he can't be in my instagram pictures while on vacation to tulum? To make it more confusing I'm paying for pretty much everything.

i want to say social media influencers are the worst but I feel it does a disservice to the term "worst"

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I get where you're coming from but it ain't that easy. ADHD is a lot more vicious and subtle than you think.

If he was diagnosed and ignoring his meds and management strategies I'd be 100% on the same page calling out that statement as bullshit. Until then ADHD can so thoroughly compromise a person that blaming them for not seeking a diagnosis if they suspect it is needlessly cruel.

It's not excusing him, the girlfriend shouldn't stick around as she has her own life, and yeah people around him are suffering for it, but it's just sad.

Dude's relationship is toast, there's no coming back from this even if he was diagnosed tomorrow. I really hope reddit are telling him to see the doc anyway.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

ElectricSheep posted:

i want to say social media influencers are the worst but I feel it does a disservice to the term "worst"

Yeahhh, you're not wrong. However if my model gf paid for an all inclusive vacation for us, I'd be basically invisible if she so desired. I'd be loving Agent 47 and blend in so hard.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

:psyduck:

Y'all are both assholes.

Lady has a serious case of brainworms. Yeah dude's being really dumb about the whole thing, but I don't think it's totally unreasonable to want to be a part of your SO's social media account. Instagram "influencers" or whatever the gently caress they are is the worst trend ever and I hope they all die a horrible fiery death.

Honestly though, she sounds completely insufferable and entitled as gently caress. Dumping the dude in the middle of a theoretically strange/alien place and leaving him to his own devices to get back and stay alive is a pretty lovely move. I'm filling in some blanks here, but if she's paying for the vacation it's reasonable to assume that he may not have the funds to get back safely.

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender
Is she canceling his ticket home too? In my dreams they're stuck sitting next to each other on the plane home.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Sounds like it..

quote:

Edit2: Well folks it’s beeb fun. I got a VACATION to enjoy and some room keys to change because in the words of El “I dump your rear end!” He can figure out his own lodging and way back.

Also sounds like she's dumping him by getting a different room or some poo poo, basically leaving him stranded.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The easiest solution would be for her to have a private account as well for friends and family that’s kept away from thirsty guys.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
welcome to 2019, if you want to be female and online you better be ready to sell feet pics and detox teas.

edit- can college kids pay tuition in used panties and JOI videos directly to colleges yet or nah. they could easily, EASILY double their endowments overnight just by curating pics of their most lustworthy coeds. boys AND girls, time to smash Lightspeed University's glass ceiling and blow out their glass back walls!

PHIZ KALIFA fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 20, 2019

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for refusing to break the law for my brother, despite both his and our parents’ insistence that I do?
Dude is a total weenie, but the little brother is a poo poo so I'll let it slide.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

dog nougat posted:

:psyduck:

Y'all are both assholes.

Lady has a serious case of brainworms. Yeah dude's being really dumb about the whole thing, but I don't think it's totally unreasonable to want to be a part of your SO's social media account. Instagram "influencers" or whatever the gently caress they are is the worst trend ever and I hope they all die a horrible fiery death.

Honestly though, she sounds completely insufferable and entitled as gently caress. Dumping the dude in the middle of a theoretically strange/alien place and leaving him to his own devices to get back and stay alive is a pretty lovely move. I'm filling in some blanks here, but if she's paying for the vacation it's reasonable to assume that he may not have the funds to get back safely.

Imagine if she was actually just a regular model, and the boyfriend kept hovering around and acting lovely over not being in any of the photo shoots. That's essentially what's happening here.

Acting like an rear end in a top hat on a vacation that your SO is paying for is a phenomenally stupid move. That's on him. She isn't expressing any entitlement, I don't know why you think that the boyfriend has a right to be displayed prominently on her successful Instagram account.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

QuarkJets posted:

Imagine if she was actually just a regular model, and the boyfriend kept hovering around and acting lovely over not being in any of the photo shoots. That's essentially what's happening here.

but she's not. he's not hanging around her working on set at a photo shoot. they're on vacation.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

The easiest solution would be for her to have a private account as well for friends and family that’s kept away from thirsty guys.

I can virtually guarantee that she has private social media accounts. Boyfriend is mad that he's not on the public one. Now boyfriend can be in none of them

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

i vomit kittens posted:

but she's not. he's not hanging around her working on set at a photo shoot. they're on vacation.

She's combining vacation with work. She's happy taking a million shared pictures, she just doesn't want to post any of them to her lucrative Instagram.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

Acting like an rear end in a top hat on a vacation that your SO is paying for is a phenomenally stupid move. That's on him. She isn't expressing any entitlement, I don't know why you think that the boyfriend has a right to be displayed prominently on her successful Instagram account.

:confused:

Do you know what a vacation is?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
No one has vacations anymore. The internet means you can never stop working!

You can never stop working.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Yeah honestly her reasoning is fine, it's a professional gig for her IG and it's just loving true that clicks of hot chicks drop if there's a dude there, y'all only have yourselves to blame for that one. It's her work, but she also gets to have fun at the same time.

People also get upset at the notion of folks selling their image, but people gonna do what they need to make money and you'd absolutely do it if you could, and you're also contributing to the marketplace so *shrugs* physician, heal thyself

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

ishikabibble posted:

:confused:

Do you know what a vacation is?

That's an irrelevant detail. He's not mad that she's working while on vacation

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
100% he's bummed he's not getting props for bagging this HB 10 in a cool locale. he wants a trophy pic to show off to his bros in the Boy's Chat IRC group.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

i vomit kittens posted:

AITA for wanting to get a numbered tattoo on my arm as remembrance for a Holocaust Victim?

Stolen Shoah?

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
In my imagining of this scenario the boyfriend is being constantly hidden behind palm trees and surf boards stuck in the sand so his girlfriend can protect her status as an object of sexual obsession for that thirstiest of male, the Instagram DMer

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I have a tattoo that idiots keep mistaking for a holocaust tattoo. It's actually the exact GPS coordinates of where I got it when I was 18. When I'm older I plan to go back to the exact same spot and see how far it has moved due to continental drift in my lifetime.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

100% he's bummed he's not getting props for bagging this HB 10 in a cool locale. he wants a trophy pic to show off to his bros in the Boy's Chat IRC group.

Thank you for guaranteeing that the person obsessed with upkeep of an image to others, such that it is harming their interpersonal relationships, is the guy described in the story. I am confident I have a grasp on what's going on there now.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
He's getting his own pictures with her, it's just he's upset about her shoving him off so she can do an IG quickie. He's being a baby about it, and she's clueless about how annoying it must be - 'IG boyfriend' is well known term. It's a shame they broke up and will be bothering other people.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
okay i should remind you that he's probably not using IRC and you missed the main point of my post.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
AITA for wanting him to keep his furry in check?

quote:

Hi everyone.

My boyfriend broke up with me and told me its because I'm a horrible person for not accepting him. He's on reddit more than me (first time posting, hi) so he will definitely see this.

To keep the story very short: I met him a year ago - he was my first real boyfriend (I'm f/late 20s) and told me around our 5th date that he had recently started becoming a furry. Wasn't a dealbreaker for me and I really liked him, so we continued dating.

He started getting more deeply into it, bought two really scary fursuits for 5400€ (glow-in-the-dark eyes, jesus), asked me to have sex in the suits. Again, I accepted. Personally, I'm not into this whole thing at all but he was and I liked him, so it was all okay on my front.

Around our 6-month anniversary, he started to wear the fursuit pretty much all the time apart from work. That started annoying me because it was summer and super hot and more often than not I would end up having to sleep on the sofa because it got so hot in his bed. He got really upset about it and told me he needed me to buy a fursuit as well so we could be 'mates'. I declined (honestly, at that point it was mostly because I didn't have the money - I probably would have done it for him if he'd pestered my long enough).

Our relationship got worse but then my friend from back home asked me and a whole bunch of friends to dinner since she'd recently had a baby. BF was obviously invited.

He wanted to go in the fursuit and I told him no. He told me I needed to accept him and not be ashamed of him and I told him that we had agreed he could do whatever he wanted in his or my apartment but not during meetings with my family and friends because most of them wouldn't get it and I especially didn't want to have to explain to my grannie and older relatives.

He accused me of not accepting him, of being an intolerant and racist 'oval office', for not accomodating him and getting a fursuit on my own etcetc. and then broke up with me. He's been guilt-tripping me on social media and amonst our friends ever since and has made me feel horrible bc of this. The first few months afterwards I was honestly really freaking broken up about it and it's only been recently that I've been getting angry instead.

EDIT: I'm very overwhelmed by the responses, thank you to everyone who had something nice to say and made me feel better about the situation. Many of the comments gave me a lot to think about and I'm glad to know that people don't think I was acting horribly. Thanks again :)

EDIT2: An acquaintence let me know that he read this and isn't happy.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

That's an irrelevant detail. He's not mad that she's working while on vacation

From how she describes it.

"You can't be in my photos" can be anything from having him stand by while she takes a photo to 'gently caress off for an hour the lighting's good and I need to take some photos'. She mentioned she only took four photos over two days, but someone who literally is selling their image and advertising products isn't going to tossing up one minute selfies.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

QuarkJets posted:

I can virtually guarantee that she has private social media accounts. Boyfriend is mad that he's not on the public one. Now boyfriend can be in none of them

Yeah you’re right it’s probably this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Sure honey, I'll just turn off the Free Money spigot so that you can brag about sticking your cock in me.