Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hey CU, on your Tali,Cova,Poe list, would you consider replacing Lone Wolf on Tallie with Outmanuver or not?

Only if you don't need the bid.

Lone Wolf is stupid good in the late-game, though. She basically gets 2 hits no matter what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hey CU, on your Tali,Cova,Poe list, would you consider replacing Lone Wolf on Tallie with Outmanuver or not?

Also, I was hyper-aggressive with Tallie. I wouldn't joust a whole list, but it was really common for me just to throw her straight at an ace, like Vader, and dare him to sit in that bullseye arc. The number of actions my opponents wasted on barrel rolls to avoid the bullseye arc was...high.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

drat this transport takes some getting used to.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

banned from Starbucks posted:

drat this transport takes some getting used to.

It is *delightfully* weird. Its movement and upgrade options make it an incredibly unique ship. The transport and the pod are going to enable some grade-A jank.

I've been theorycrafting some 200-point Rey lists that are basically Rey + Pod + Transport. I have a way to get like focus/evade(s)/reinforce on Rey right now. The trick is finding out if Rey can hold her own once the support ships die.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I tried out that Rey/Cova/Bastian list someone posted earlier and had a lot of fun with it. I'm a mediocre at best player, but it had just enough options and tricks to be engaging and have options without being overwhelming.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Funzo posted:

I tried out that Rey/Cova/Bastian list someone posted earlier and had a lot of fun with it. I'm a mediocre at best player, but it had just enough options and tricks to be engaging and have options without being overwhelming.

Transport + <stuff> is going to be a solid archetype, I think.

Cova is the superior Leia carrier. Nodin + R4 + Holdo + Kor Sella is a super powerful coordinator.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

When we eventually see the V-wing, will it be Imperial or Republic?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Madurai posted:

When we eventually see the V-wing, will it be Imperial or Republic?

Yes.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I will only accept the one, true V-wing.

Turkson
Mar 30, 2011

I am starting to convert all my stuff to 2.0 and trying to clean out my closet. Is there any reason to hang onto any 1.0 card or cardboard piece? Like, are any of them worth it to try to sell or trade? Or should I just bag it all and throw it away?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

If you have a bunch of alt arts you could maybe bag them all together and try to get $5ish bucks for them in the xwing buy/sell group on FB.

Regular cards go right into the garbage

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Turkson posted:

I am starting to convert all my stuff to 2.0 and trying to clean out my closet. Is there any reason to hang onto any 1.0 card or cardboard piece? Like, are any of them worth it to try to sell or trade? Or should I just bag it all and throw it away?

Dont' throw away bomb tokens and the hexagonal Krennic token

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

I just boxed all 1.0 stuff up and threw it in the closet. The box isn't that big :shrug:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

There's a local tourney coming up this weekend and I'm thinking of running this.

I'm debating on putting Synchronized Console on Obi-Wan to let Ric's plasma torp be fully modified, but I'm not sure if I'd be better off with that little extra bid.

Ric Olié (42)
Juke (7)
Plasma Torpedoes (9)

Obi-Wan Kenobi (47)
Delta-7B (19)

Anakin Skywalker (62)
R4-P17 (5)
Calibrated Laser Targeting (5)
Total: 196

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So just to clarify FFG's totally not at all bad wording:

With Cova and Leia Crew, I can reveal a red maneuver, use Leia to reduce it's difficulty (making it white), but it still counts as 'revealing' a red maneuver for the purpose of Cova's pilot ability, correct? It's the difference between 'revealing' a maneuver (the color on the dial) and 'executing' a maneuver (where you check the difficulty for stress and all that). I can already see this becoming an issue when/if I take it to a tournament and wanted to make sure I was thinking right.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

enigmahfc posted:

So just to clarify FFG's totally not at all bad wording:

With Cova and Leia Crew, I can reveal a red maneuver, use Leia to reduce it's difficulty (making it white), but it still counts as 'revealing' a red maneuver for the purpose of Cova's pilot ability, correct? It's the difference between 'revealing' a maneuver (the color on the dial) and 'executing' a maneuver (where you check the difficulty for stress and all that). I can already see this becoming an issue when/if I take it to a tournament and wanted to make sure I was thinking right.

The community is generally of the opinion that

a) Leia works with Cova, because of the rule on page 13 of the rules reference, and because her timing is after it's revealed. So it was revealed as red even if you executed a white.
b) R4 astromech doesn't work with Cova because it's always on and thus the "revealed" maneuver is never red in the first place.

Few people argue against A. It's clear, there's a rules reference page, and any argument against it is incredibly convoluted.
Lots of people argue both sides of B. They both have decent points.

The way I see it, you look at dial. Is maneuver red? Cova is on. But this discussion is 100% the reason that there's no R4 astromech on Cova in my build.

This is yet another time when FFG would be really, really well-served by using the word "printed" in their rules. If it referenced the "printed" value on the dial, there'd be on controversy at all.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

The big controversy with Leia is that she doesn't specify a duration. There are people who argue, with a straight face, that Leia permanently reduces the difficulty of a given maneuver. So if you make that 0-stop white with Leia, you now have a permanently white zero stop. Which you could Leia again to be blue...permanently. Go ahead and make Poe's 4k white, forever, while you're at it.

This is obviously dumb as hell. There's no mechanism in the game to track such a thing, on top of just being broken as gently caress.

For me, I played Leia as she worked for a specific maneuver, the one time I did it. I didn't try to be a dick about it.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

ConfusedUs posted:

The big controversy with Leia is that she doesn't specify a duration. There are people who argue, with a straight face, that Leia permanently reduces the difficulty of a given maneuver. So if you make that 0-stop white with Leia, you now have a permanently white zero stop. Which you could Leia again to be blue...permanently. Go ahead and make Poe's 4k white, forever, while you're at it.

Those people should be shot into the sun. If someone argues that with me, I will spend a few rounds making all my reds into blues then doing doughnuts in space like a better Defender.

But yeah, what you said earlier is how I thought it worked, just wanted to make sure I wasn't a complete moron. If FFG allows broken language, I'm going to take advantage of it until they get their poo poo together.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

ConfusedUs posted:

This is obviously dumb as hell. There's no mechanism in the game to track such a thing, on top of just being broken as gently caress.

For me, I played Leia as she worked for a specific maneuver, the one time I did it. I didn't try to be a dick about it.
Make it blue, use Leia on it twice. Make it ultraviolet so whenever you do it you recover a Force.

For the record, I'm the person who first noticed that, and I've never argued Leia SHOULD work that way, I've argued that she's badly written and needs errata to set an endpoint for her ability. One is obviously intended, but it's genuinely unclear whether she's only supposed to affect the execution of the manoeuvre (the most likely one IMO, because it's mentioned as such in th release article, but we all know how reliably accurate those are...), or whether her effect is meant to last the whole round and thus block Cova - it's doubly important when you consider Black One, whether you can do a Leia-ed K turn then SLAM another K Turn ad have both be white, and effectively thereby have a white stop...

And also for the record, R4 affects Cova's dial whilst checking the difficulty of her revealed manoeuvre for her ability, I genuinely don't understand the argument otherwise, except from the perspective of 'I want this combo to work because it's powerful'.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

thespaceinvader posted:

Make it blue, use Leia on it twice. Make it ultraviolet so whenever you do it you recover a Force.

For the record, I'm the person who first noticed that, and I've never argued Leia SHOULD work that way, I've argued that she's badly written and needs errata to set an endpoint for her ability. One is obviously intended, but it's genuinely unclear whether she's only supposed to affect the execution of the manoeuvre (the most likely one IMO, because it's mentioned as such in th release article, but we all know how reliably accurate those are...), or whether her effect is meant to last the whole round and thus block Cova - it's doubly important when you consider Black One, whether you can do a Leia-ed K turn then SLAM another K Turn ad have both be white, and effectively thereby have a white stop...

And also for the record, R4 affects Cova's dial whilst checking the difficulty of her revealed manoeuvre for her ability, I genuinely don't understand the argument otherwise, except from the perspective of 'I want this combo to work because it's powerful'.

Honestly, I totally understand all of this, but there's enough controversy in the Cova/R4 interaction that I'm not putting R4 on Cova any time soon.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

ConfusedUs posted:

This is amazing

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I ran into this list last night: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galact...20Squadron&obs=

I'm not sure how to play against it with quad fangs. I saw an opportunity to dive in and get all the fang on a shuttle but I couldn't take it down and took half damage on both Fenn and another Fang. Then eventually got rear arc'ed and lost 2 Fang while only half damaging 1 shuttle and stripping shields on another 2. It feels like this list is so much beefier than mine that I need to get lucky and alpha one off the board then run away and reposition

After the match I asked my opponent their game plan and they told me it was to durdle around till time ends. Is this behavior I should be expecting at larger regional events?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Oh god, it's Mad Cow Disease

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

That lambda list is bad. The fcs is useless on all but the krrnnic carrier because they don’t have the lock action.

The best version I’ve found is Sai with title, ogp with Sloane and hull upgrade, ogp with moff j, naked ogp.

Edit: I’m pretty sure I could take my version 4-2 or better at any high level tournament. It’s stupidly good.

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 26, 2019

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Because you're working from the assumption that the intention was for Leia to only work while executing the manoeuvre, despite FFG already having templated language to this effect on dial / difficulty changing abilities like Kaydel Connix (in the very same pack) and seasoned navigator.

Other people work from the assumption that the intention of the revealed manoeuvre rule was is the selected, printed value.

I don't really think you can argue from authority that either are definitive interpretations, although currently RAW neither should work. I think they'll add "printed" to the revealed manoeuvre wording because it's the simplest fix going forwards and leaves fewer things to track in the game state.

R2 is better on Cova anyway.

Edit: I was 5-0 with Rey Cova Bastian and got smashed by someone with your list Confused, except they dropped Advanced Optics for HLC on Cova (inspired by my HLC Cova which was popping his droids last week)

I was inspired and I'm going to test Poe, Cova, Bastian now.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 26, 2019

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I argue the intention of the revealed manoeuvre rule is to cope with things like Ved Folso, who change the speed of the manoeuvre executed, but not the manoeuvre revealed. If Ved reveals a 2, but executes a 1, the 2 is still revealed for the purposes of checking it with Ric or Dinee.

For instance.

The whole resistance transport set is a loving mess, writing wise, to be honest.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ConfusedUs posted:

That lambda list is bad. The fcs is useless on all but the krrnnic carrier because they don’t have the lock action.

The best version I’ve found is Sai with title, ogp with Sloane and hull upgrade, ogp with moff j, naked ogp.

Edit: I’m pretty sure I could take my version 4-2 or better at any high level tournament. It’s stupidly good.

Yeah I was trying to recreate it from memory and more than likely got the fcs wrong. Either way it felt like a brick wall and was the first time I didn't know how to approach a list

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Yeah I was trying to recreate it from memory and more than likely got the fcs wrong. Either way it felt like a brick wall and was the first time I didn't know how to approach a list

It's hard to joust. It has a shitload of health and red dice. It also takes up a shitload of board space, and if you bump it, you'll probably get murdered.

I'd probably try to skirt around it, playing it safe, taking pot-shots until I finally get something off the board.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Hiw does Cova interact with a damaged engine crit then? If she does a 2 hard does that count for her?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hiw does Cova interact with a damaged engine crit then? If she does a 2 hard does that count for her?

Yes, it's red in that instance.

(The R4 combo people will say differently tho)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

thespaceinvader posted:

Yes, it's red in that instance.

(The R4 combo people will say differently tho)

Then if you Leia it does it still count as red for her ability?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Then if you Leia it does it still count as red for her ability?

Yes, assuming Leia works as we expect Leia to work.

(Again, the R4 combo people will disagree)

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
Help.
Have a casual extended event tomorrow and I have been out of the game for a few weeks. I can't decide between:
1) Kylo, Tavison, Backdraft (or Quickdraw)
2) Some sort of list with Darth Maul
3) Some sort of list with RaC
4) 5 barrage rocket bombers with Jonus (or 4 with Tomax and Jonus to swarm everyone up to 5).

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

lazerus06 posted:

Help.
Have a casual extended event tomorrow and I have been out of the game for a few weeks. I can't decide between:
1) Kylo, Tavison, Backdraft (or Quickdraw)
2) Some sort of list with Darth Maul
3) Some sort of list with RaC
4) 5 barrage rocket bombers with Jonus (or 4 with Tomax and Jonus to swarm everyone up to 5).

If you haven't played for a while, here's a decent two ship list that's pretty straight forward to fly, and punches hard.

New Squadron

(76) Rear Admiral Chiraneau [VT-49 Decimator]
(9) Fifth Brother
(5) Lone Wolf
(4) Dauntless
(11) Emperor Palpatine
(5) Proton Bombs

(81) Rexler Brath [TIE/D Defender]
(7) Juke

Total points: 198

Won't be too stressful to fly. RAC can bump, reinforce then let loose some real pain. Rexler flanks from far enough out to not turn off RAC's Lone Wolf reroll. Try to storm past their list and get them chasing RAC and eating proton bombs, then slip the defender in behind.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Chuck Delayed Fuses on RAC, they're well worth the point.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
I ended up taking RaC and Rexler and came in 3rd with it. I only played 3 real games (got a bye after I lost my first round, then won my next two matches). I was pretty happy after not playing for awhile.
I took:
Rexler Brath (90)
-Juke
-Fire Control System

RaC (110)
-Emperor Palpatine
-Minister Tua
-Proton Bombs
-Fifth Brother
-Hull Upgrate

RaC is a crit machine. With reinforce with RaCs ability and Fifth Brother, that is two crits if you roll two focus. I would send him in as bait and get Rexler on the flank. I really like hull upgrade/Minister Tua. That is one more round that Minister Tua triggers. Once damage started coming in, I would target lock and reinforce every round. Its nice with Tua because you get to see where everyone is at then decide where you want to reinforce.

I was hesitant about a two ship list with so many 4, 5, or 6 ship lists out there, but after playing it, I would consider taking it again to an extended event.

chanza
Apr 25, 2010
So after carefully planning out a couple of economical buys to slowly build my collection, my paycheck came in and I ebay'ed a full collection of 1.0 rebel stuff.

I'm feeling pretty happy with builds for the small base ships, but I'm struggling a little with the large ships. Does anyone have any tips for the YT-1300, especially in light of it losing it's Illicit slot in the last points update?

Also looking at the below as a skeleton for some fun obstacle shenanigans.

Dash Rendar
- Trick Shot
- Outrider

Anyone flown something like that before? If I'm reading it right it should let me get a 5 dice primary attack while giving the target -1 defense.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Dash is SUPER expensive, and the Trick Shot combo isn't always easy to pull off. Plus, outrider just compensates for the die the rock adds, since you're not ignoring it whilst you shoot.

People have tried Dash but he's crazy pricey, basically.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

chanza posted:

So after carefully planning out a couple of economical buys to slowly build my collection, my paycheck came in and I ebay'ed a full collection of 1.0 rebel stuff.

I'm feeling pretty happy with builds for the small base ships, but I'm struggling a little with the large ships. Does anyone have any tips for the YT-1300, especially in light of it losing it's Illicit slot in the last points update?

Also looking at the below as a skeleton for some fun obstacle shenanigans.

Dash Rendar
- Trick Shot
- Outrider

Anyone flown something like that before? If I'm reading it right it should let me get a 5 dice primary attack while giving the target -1 defense.

That's correct!
Outrider title is a really fun interaction too with Dash, because you can do a 4k turn over an obstacle and pull off the stress (red token). A white 4k! Just like a TIE Defender!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

While you have 34 points left for the rest of your squad.