Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Arcsquad12 posted:

"Dovahkiin?! NOOOOOOO!"

someone recorded that and released it and thought "yes, this is good. people will like it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Panty Saluter posted:

someone recorded that and released it and thought "yes, this is good. people will like it"

That's the thing, Bethesda specifically dummied it out of the game. Arthmoor fished through the code and put it back in.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

GateGate and Dragon Anakin scream aside, and the patch drama and the VR drama. Ok, the drama aside.

"Immersive, no Star Wars prequel scream".

He is still the guy behind USEEP, which in and of itself is better than all the stuff put into CC as of now. Not to mention Cutting Room Floor + Open Cities.

Midig fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jul 20, 2019

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

That's the thing, Bethesda specifically dummied it out of the game. Arthmoor fished through the code and put it back in.
This is Bethesda we're talking about. Everything is bugged. Even when someone appears to be competent and edits out dumb, unnecessary dialogue, it's still the result of a bug.

In this case the English version of the game simply didn't ship with the .wav for those voices. If you had subtitles enabled you'd see the game playing those lines, there was just no sound to go along with them. And other languages did ship with complete voice files.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Open Cities has always seemed like more trouble than it's worth to me. It'd be great if it was like this in the base game; but doing it as a patch is just begging for compatibility issues.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

Open Cities has always seemed like more trouble than it's worth to me. It'd be great if it was like this in the base game; but doing it as a patch is just begging for compatibility issues.
That's weird argument to me, because the same applies to anything else you might want to mod in the game? But honestly, not many mods mess with city cells direct and those do probably have compatibility patches available for Open Cities.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

nine-gear crow posted:

I thought that Arthmoor (or someone) had to record the line? Like if you have subtitles on in the vanilla game the text shows up. Lord knows the quality sounds like some neckbeard who can't act swallowing a 10 dollar computer mic

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Raygereio posted:

That's weird argument to me, because the same applies to anything else you might want to mod in the game? But honestly, not many mods mess with city cells direct and those do probably have compatibility patches available for Open Cities.

It's a mod that changes every major city so there's going to be a ton of reference changes in pretty much every single quest. It's a lot more intrusive than if you're just adding some dungeon to the middle of nowhere.

You can get issues with mod NPCs that are in the vanilla city (so a separate worldspace that you can't reach anymore) so you've got to bust out the console.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

It's a mod that changes every major city so there's going to be a ton of reference changes in pretty much every single quest.
That's not really a thing. When a quest points at a NPC for example, it doesn't care where the NPC is located. And for transitions such as post civil-war damage, the game uses a parent-child system, where the child-references can be moved and messed with without issue.
It's an issue when a quest wants to point directly to location, but the alias system Skyrim introduced allows you to change a quests target on the fly.

Honestly, it comes down to what mods you're using. :shrug: If you want to use a mod that add a fuckton of NPCs that doesn't have a compatibility patch and you don't want to make one yourself, then Open Cities isn't worth using.
But I had no compatibility problems with it, so ymmv. It is a mod that forces you to pay a lot more attention to what's going on in your loadorder then most other mods, that's for certain.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I've never had an issue with open cities and the 200 plus mod install nightmares I run.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Wow

I would like to see your load order

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
If a mod won't work with open cities, I won't use it. Open Cities is a game-changer.

The only one that kinda doesn't that I've found so far is the Cats mod. It puts cats, rats, puppies, etc in the other worldspace.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

I guess I'm pretty deep down the rabbit hole when these are the things I'd like to find mods for now:

- Followers harvest reagents in the area when they sandbox
- Followers' idle mining/woodchopping actions produce appropriate materials
- De-physics-er for putting movable items around in my house (The internet suggests this is framerate related, but I'm capped at 60 and still seeing stuff leap off tables when I come into my hearthfire house)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I haven't used it in a while, but I think you can lock down physics objects with Jaxonz Positioner.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

I really want to go with Open Cities, but on my last run I ran into that bug where people started falling through the geometry to their deaths from Solitude (something Arthmoor swears can never happen), and well...

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

the yeti posted:

I guess I'm pretty deep down the rabbit hole when these are the things I'd like to find mods for now:

- Followers harvest reagents in the area when they sandbox
- Followers' idle mining/woodchopping actions produce appropriate materials
- De-physics-er for putting movable items around in my house (The internet suggests this is framerate related, but I'm capped at 60 and still seeing stuff leap off tables when I come into my hearthfire house)

Berke Negri posted:

i decided to give iAFT a break and tried Nether's Follower Framework in my recent annual skyrim run and it's actually pretty solid, even better?

also plays nicely with RDO, and is currently being updated unlike AFT/iAFT/EFF

basically lets you have up to 10 companions at a time, but you can set up three "home bases" for all followers to go back to (and set where they sleep, rest, work)

The work part is when idle or at base companions will use crafting stations and actually make potions, gather materials, craft arrows, etc

Also depending on skills you can set companions to tank/dps/healer (healing actually works too, with you setting what percentage of health for themselves/you/allies they heal at if they have the magicka) and all this is done through MCM so you end up with way less companion interaction clutter

also has a built in summon mount keybind (follower mount support too) so you can drop convenient horses unless you really love all the other things it adds

can't help with third one

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

bony tony posted:

I haven't used it in a while, but I think you can lock down physics objects with Jaxonz Positioner.

Yeah, I use the version of this converted to SSE - it has an incompatible SKSE plugin, but the basic functionality still works fine.

dwarf74 posted:

If a mod won't work with open cities, I won't use it. Open Cities is a game-changer.

CascadeBeta posted:

I've never had an issue with open cities and the 200 plus mod install nightmares I run.

I am in 100% agreement with both of these statements.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Berke Negri posted:

can't help with third one

Oh huh! I''m using NFF and it seemed like all they'd do is chop firewood but I'll take a closer look.

Agents are GO! posted:

Yeah, I use the version of this converted to SSE - it has an incompatible SKSE plugin, but the basic functionality still works fine.

Yeah I saw that plugin thing and wasn't sure if I should bother with it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

the yeti posted:

Oh huh! I''m using NFF and it seemed like all they'd do is chop firewood but I'll take a closer look.

Yeah I saw that plugin thing and wasn't sure if I should bother with it.

NFF is really complex and requires some time looking under the hood through the MCM to make it to your liking. But yeah in theory followers will craft their own ammo and potions, and improve their weapons and armor on their own if they're near the appropriate places to do so. They'll even start giving you gifts if they like you well enough and have been with you for a while.

I find I have to fight with it sometimes though to either get my followers to actually sandbox properly or to stop sandboxing (or just standing around like lumps) and follow me when its time to go somewhere else. AFT was much simpler but is basically abandonware now.

What I'd really like is a proper SSE port for a mod like Suit Up, or at least some feature that works with Wet and Cold that allows followers to equip a specific set of rain/snow/ash equipment every time when the weather changes instead of just pulling randomly from the leveled list. I've got a nice stable of followers with specific outfit looks and I always get nervous when it starts to rain or snow because WAC tends to whip out the oddest poo poo that just doesn't with anything anyone is wearing.

I know there's a follower outfit manager out there, but it's really pedantic to have to stop and order like five followers at the same time to put on their rain gear, especially because NFF slows the dialog menu down a lot AND adds a gently caress ton of options in that you have to scroll past.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jul 21, 2019

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I have to be honest, one of the few mods from Oldrim I miss is the version of EFF that had a companion wheel. There is an SE version of EFF, but the wheel didn't seem to make it over.

AFT isn't abandonware (IMHO) as much as it is simply done - it does what it is supposed to do, and there's no reason to monkey with it. AFT has worked for everything I want out of it, although I'll probably try NFF next playthrough.

EDIT: Although I have been idly trying to figure out where AFT's Outfit functionality is handled, because I'm trying to make it so it recognizes the Open Cities version of the Capitals.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jul 21, 2019

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Agents are GO! posted:

I have to be honest, one of the few mods from Oldrim I miss is the version of EFF that had a companion wheel. There is an SE version of EFF, but the wheel didn't seem to make it over.

AFT isn't abandonware (IMHO) as much as it is simply done - it does what it is supposed to do, and there's no reason to monkey with it. AFT has worked for everything I want out of it, although I'll probably try NFF next playthrough.

EDIT: Although I have been idly trying to figure out where AFT's Outfit functionality is handled, because I'm trying to make it so it recognizes the Open Cities version of the Capitals.

I see your point. I used AFT for Oldrim and iAFT for SSE before swapping over to NFF. I'm liking NFF's features better, but AFT had much less stuff that you had to micromanage. Like I said though, I'd LOVE to have a mod that replicated AFT's Home/City/Adventure outfit automatic switching and customization but for weather events just to override Wet and Cold's RNG putting whatever it felt like on followers.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

afaik NFF does not monkey around with outfits cause it kind of can gently caress up a lot of things (at least according to the author)

edit:

nine-gear crow posted:

I know there's a follower outfit manager out there, but it's really pedantic to have to stop and order like five followers at the same time to put on their rain gear, especially because NFF slows the dialog menu down a lot AND adds a gently caress ton of options in that you have to scroll past.

does it? you can disable the things that do show up in the MCM menu and even then i think its still not as much bloat as EFF/iAFT

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

afaik NFF does not monkey around with outfits cause it kind of can gently caress up a lot of things (at least according to the author)

edit:

does it? you can disable the things that do show up in the MCM menu and even then i think its still not as much bloat as EFF/iAFT

I think it adds about the same number of dialog prompts as AFT does. But I'm also running My Home is Your Home and Simple Outfit Manager which add even more stuff. All I'm saying is that on my personal end I get like 10 different dialog options whenever I talk to a follower and some of them take their sweet time in loading, like NFF's Sell This For Me / Adventure Gear options.

So basically :shrug:

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

I just grabbed the SE version of AFT and am quickly scanning over the script source while I have my morning coffee. So apologies if this is incomplete info.
Looks like that's handled in the script tweakinventorycontrol. Check the IsInCity() function. It seems like the problem is the "if (onpc.GetWorldSpace() == Tamriel)" check. If you remove that, I'm pretty sure it'll work since it checks for the LocTypeCity keyword immediately after that.

Do go over the logic flow of those If statements in IsInCity(). I feel like it's checking more then is necessary, but I'm not familiar with AFT and it's possible there are a bunch of workarounds in there.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

yeah i think my last playthrough of SE with NFF there was like one added dialogue (let me fiddle with your gear) and everything else disabled, i definitely didnt have a ton of clutter in dialogs or slow down or anything

you do spend a lot more time in MCM fiddling with individual companions, so that's a thing though and i get some people are MCM averse

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

My general opinion on Open Cites is that Oldrim was too unstable to roll it, but with SSE, it is such a nice feature that I am willing to hunt for patches and avoid certain mods for its features. The only part of it that pisses me off is that the DynDOLOD workarounds for Open Cities are a real pain and it's already pretty tedious to run DynDOLOD. I wish there was a open cities option I could tick in the DynDOLOD executable to avoid having to do all of that since it is usually the last step you take before going with it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Midig posted:

My general opinion on Open Cites is that Oldrim was too unstable to roll it, but with SSE, it is such a nice feature that I am willing to hunt for patches and avoid certain mods for its features. The only part of it that pisses me off is that the DynDOLOD workarounds for Open Cities are a real pain and it's already pretty tedious to run DynDOLOD. I wish there was a open cities option I could tick in the DynDOLOD executable to avoid having to do all of that since it is usually the last step you take before going with it.

Have you checked out this thing Sheson discovered that kind of usurps DynDOLOD?

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

nine-gear crow posted:

I find I have to fight with it sometimes though to either get my followers to actually sandbox properly or to stop sandboxing (or just standing around like lumps) and follow me when its time to go somewhere else. AFT was much simpler but is basically abandonware now.

Oh yeah, I'd been meaning to look into that but for me it seems like the Interesting NPCs followers especially just kinda stand around the work/home/relax areas I've set up with NFF. My housecarls at least sit in chairs inside the house or poke at the fire.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

https://gyazo.com/0c0498864f04ee2501c1eb8985381ece

Was a temporary fix since SSE was new and we lacked all sorts of stuff. It obviously is not close to what DynDOLOD provides.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Apparently it didn't, since that's from almost three years ago and Sheson is still working on DynDOLOD.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Midig posted:

Was a temporary fix since SSE was new and we lacked all sorts of stuff. It obviously is not close to what DynDOLOD provides.

That link just loads a blank pane with a timestamp and some ad space below :confuoot:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Agents are GO! posted:

EFF has the wheel is SE, just not on by default. Go to the mod menu and set it from "dialogue" to "classic".

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

the yeti posted:

That link just loads a blank pane with a timestamp and some ad space below :confuoot:

Screenshot program.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

That's a really solid improvement for such a simple change. Thanks!

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
I'm playing with the Vokrii perk mod this play through but I really miss the auto-selling pet from SPERG. Is there any mod that adds an auto selling option to the game?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Midig posted:

I'm not trying to be rude, but is there a reason you don't just use Steam's built-in screenshot manager/uploader?

Edit: I just remembered you're supposed to disable the steam overlay for ENB.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Today, a frostbite spider decided to take on Alduin. (Alduin was trying to raise the Dragon near Rorikstead.) Spider actually hit him with poison spit too.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
What the spider was thinking:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
This game, I tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004