Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bobby Digital posted:

The real hand beezy was the friends we made cum along the way.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There are a lot of queer people here these days, which is nice.

Definitely an improvement from when you could call someone slurs all day as long as you used proper spelling and punctuation.

I figured there's always been a bunch, it's just that now they feel comfortable posting openly about it. I could be wrong though.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I've been here for 13 years and I still rarely post for much the same reasons the other guy said. I'm not that funny or clever but I thoroughly enjoy a culture where any given post will attract at least three people who are experts in the area and will not hesitate to smack down people who don't know what they're taking about. Cars, guns, law, computers, nuclear physics, movie production, we've got award-winning journalists and diplomats and game devs and the occasional celebrity, and it's like an internet game of Bloody Mary where if you say the right keywords that one guy shows up and will tell you everything you ever needed to know about the very specific divorce laws in Azerbaijan or something

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

TheKennedys posted:

I've been here for 13 years and I still rarely post for much the same reasons the other guy said. I'm not that funny or clever but I thoroughly enjoy a culture where any given post will attract at least three people who are experts in the area and will not hesitate to smack down people who don't know what they're taking about. Cars, guns, law, computers, nuclear physics, movie production, we've got award-winning journalists and diplomats and game devs and the occasional celebrity, and it's like an internet game of Bloody Mary where if you say the right keywords that one guy shows up and will tell you everything you ever needed to know about the very specific divorce laws in Azerbaijan or something

This has the unfortunate side effect of occasionally referencing something you learned on SA in real life and then having to explain "you see I know this because someone from the internet told me and I trust them."

Solice Kirsk posted:

I figured there's always been a bunch, it's just that now they feel comfortable posting openly about it. I could be wrong though.

I mean, I've been here since 2006 and I definitely wouldn't have been openly gay here then. Then again, I wasn't openly gay in 2006 irl either.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

This has the unfortunate side effect of occasionally referencing something you learned on SA in real life and then having to explain "you see I know this because someone from the internet told me and I trust them."

Yeah that happens to me a lot “where did I see that? Oh a comment on a forum thread” *their eyes immediately glaze over*

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Snowy posted:

Yeah that happens to me a lot “where did I see that? Oh a comment on a forum thread” *their eyes immediately glaze over*

This comes up a lot. "No seriously this expert from my dead gay internet humour forum is actually legit, I swear"

I just kind of elide it. "I read it somewhere, let's go find the source!" and then pray I can find something more mainstream to support it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Arivia posted:

This comes up a lot. "No seriously this expert from my dead gay internet humour forum is actually legit, I swear"

I just kind of elide it. "I read it somewhere, let's go find the source!" and then pray I can find something more mainstream to support it.

I'm still looking for the source that says From Dusk till Dawn wasn't supposed to be advertised as a vampire movie. It's one of the few claims I read regularly on this forum and it's not backed up anywhere

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

:staredog:

Also, I thought I recognized that poo poo-stained bed from a prior AUG thread post, lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

TheKennedys posted:

I'm not that funny or clever

neither are any other goons

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Arivia posted:

You just need to do it more often and possess more confidence until you develop a Cliff Clavin-type reputation where even if its complete bullshit people won't challenge you.

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

neither are any other goons

We have our moments though, lord knows you do...:love:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

thanks, this thread, for the closure regarding the saurus and his wife. it makes sense that he turned out to be a mentally ill racist, even by the testimony of the most charitable possible witness. somehow this makes 2016 make a little more sense to me

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

RIP Zaurg

At least until he can post here again in a decade

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
And he will.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Looking forward to another re-reg claiming to be zaurg's friend, because that fucker never learns

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Lol, what happened to zaurg now?

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Bogus Adventure posted:

died in the flood

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Bogus Adventure posted:

didn't taze his balls

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

didn't taze his balls

lmao

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
What hasn't happened to Zaurg? The man's brain has been thoroughly broken by cryptocurrency bullshit and who knows what else.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
zaurg is going to outlive all of us because his posting history proves that he is literally too stupid to die

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

DemoneeHo posted:

RIP Zaurg

At least until he can post here again in a decade

Has there been any goons who've managed to come off their 100,000 hour probes yet?
Surely we must be getting close if it hasn't happened already.

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

ExplodingSims posted:

Has there been any goons who've managed to come off their 100,000 hour probes yet?

This guy did and then immediately(?) ate a ban+30 days.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Hogge Wild did as well. He also quickly got banned because he wouldn't stop accusing people of being furries.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Oxxidation posted:

zaurg is going to outlive all of us because his posting history proves that he is literally too stupid to die

I believe this to be true.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Bye, Zaurg. Good luck.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bye zaurg whoever the gently caress you were

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

More like oldzaurgless

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Nuns with Guns posted:

He was. Tokaii's post is here:

It was regarding a poster called BobFromMarketing, who was really good at farming materials in ArcheAge. BFM had been involved in EVE Online stuff before, but he was outed for grooming and exploiting a teenage girl and was driven out. EVE goons warned some of the leadership in the ArcheAge guild but they ignored it until other members found out. When an uninvolved admin logged in and saw what was happening, he banned the pedophile and that caused a huge schism in the ArcheAge guild.

Last time this came up I reposted some of the dumber quotes from the pedophile's defenders, but you can also go back through the gassed thread and see more stupid poo poo from them: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784826&pagenumber=393&perpage=40#post484137221

e- Oh this follow up post from Tokaii is great too

I'm pretty sure tokaii worked at a high school at some point with the exact age of girls he desperately wanted to defend being attracted to.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

oldpainless posted:

Excellent post-av combo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ExplodingSims posted:

Maybe A Glistening Hodor?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

oldpainless posted:

Oh, jeez! I posted in the wrong thread...but actually, it kind of works.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Jerry Cotton posted:

Maybe A Glistening Hodor?
His was like, a year probation, one day for every post in some thread. Abe just gave him 100k and said to PM a mod when it was over.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ExplodingSims posted:

I gave someone a month probation last week who had been 100ked in 2006 and just waited it out AFAICT.

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Len posted:

I'm still looking for the source that says From Dusk till Dawn wasn't supposed to be advertised as a vampire movie. It's one of the few claims I read regularly on this forum and it's not backed up anywhere

I know it's all anecdotes, but I am one of the people who saw From Dusk till Dawn on opening weekend and was genuinely surprised by the vampire "twist". Me and two of my buddies used to do a guys movie night on Fridays where we'd get together right after work and pick something to go see that evening, so very little in the way of pre-planning. None of us had seen much in the way of advertising for it, and didn't really go in with much in the way of expectations beyond it being a quirky Tarantino movie. The first half of the movie was what we were mostly expecting. Vampires were a huge "WTF" moment for all three of us, I distinctly remember us talking about it and shaking our drat heads in the parking lot afterwards.

I make no claims in regards to whether the vampire angle was intentionally concealed in advertising or not. But I have direct personal knowledge of 3 people who were legitimately shocked when the fangs came out.

Azathoth Prime has a new favorite as of 22:37 on Jul 22, 2019

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Azathoth Prime posted:

I know it's all anecdotes, but I am one of the people who saw From Dusk till Dawn on opening weekend and was genuinely surprised by the vampire "twist". Me and two of my buddies used to do a guys movie night on Fridays where we'd get together right after work and pick something to go see that evening, so very little in the way of pre-planning. None of us had seen much in the way of advertising for it, and didn't really go in with much in the way of expectations beyond it being a quirky Tarantino movie. The first half of the movie was what we were mostly expecting. Vampires were a huge "WTF" moment for all three of us, I distinctly remember us talking about it and shaking our drat heads in the parking lot afterwards.

I make no claims in regards to whether the vampire angle was intentionally concealed in advertising or not. But I have direct personal knowledge of 3 people who were legitimately shocked when the fangs came out.

Similar story across the forums only it's "I was flipping through cable" "someone put it on not telling us what it was" but nobody has any actual proof that the marketing went against the directors wishes.

Unlike Terminator 2 where James Cameron can be found explaining that the marketing ruined what was supposed to be a twist

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Azathoth Prime posted:

I had no idea and was like
HOLY poo poo
AWESOME

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I watched Inglourious Basterds for the first time just last month and it was insane because I somehow managed to avoid absolutely any knowledge of what happens in it for - jesus - ten years, so I did not see it coming at all.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Len posted:

Similar story across the forums only it's "I was flipping through cable" "someone put it on not telling us what it was" but nobody has any actual proof that the marketing went against the directors wishes.

Unlike Terminator 2 where James Cameron can be found explaining that the marketing ruined what was supposed to be a twist

I caught From Dusk Till Dawn on Starz or HBO when I was...9 or 10. Came in with the Selma Hayek dance and was very interested...and then the vampire poo poo came out and scared whenever prepubescent boner I had far away. I couldn't sleep that night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Len posted:

i can verify anecdotally that the twist works, i watched it with my wife who knew nothing about it beforehand and she was genuinely surprised