Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I don't know if gravel fans think whining about their candidate not getting invited on a podcast makes him seem more or less likable to literally everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

marianne and yang were both good interviews because it revealed marianne to be a pretty boring earnest liberal and yang to be a dumb stemlord. will is right that the gravel campaign is elder abuse

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

gravel is some rapping granny poo poo...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Taintrunner posted:

thanks chapo

I’m sure giving an anti-war candidate was just too much work after all

They literally just think the whole situation with the teens is weird and they're not comfortable with it

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

They literally just think the whole situation with the teens is weird and they're not comfortable with it

so they’re cowards

yeah that’s what leftism needs, is more loving cowards. oh hell yeah

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

it's weird to see the gravel thread talk like not supporting him is being "irony poisoned." there's nothing sincere about the gravel campaign, it's the least earnest thing. i mean i'm sure those kids hearts are in the right place, and they are sincerely anti-imperialist, but if you are an adult who is sincerely anti-imperialist i don't think you want the message associated with rapping grandpa

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As an adult we want Gravel on the debate stage so he can kamikaze every single not-Bernie in a single night

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Zas posted:

it's weird to see the gravel thread talk like not supporting him is being "irony poisoned." there's nothing sincere about the gravel campaign, it's the least earnest thing. i mean i'm sure those kids hearts are in the right place, and they are sincerely anti-imperialist, but if you are an adult who is sincerely anti-imperialist i don't think you want the message associated with rapping grandpa

One of them plans on becoming an air force officer lol

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

there already is an antiwar / gently caress the system candidate in the debates. I have yet to hear someone even try to make the argument on how Gravel helps Bernie at all. all he would do is lower the uniqueness of Bernie for low info voters.

also it really seems like elder abuse

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
The original idea was that Gravel would somehow push Bernie to the left on foreign policy issues. This makes no sense and wouldn't work. Why would he suddenly get more anti-interventionist just because a meme candidate met the low standards to get onto the debate stage?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

The original idea was that Gravel would somehow push Bernie to the left on foreign policy issues. This makes no sense and wouldn't work. Why would he suddenly get more anti-interventionist just because a meme candidate met the low standards to get onto the debate stage?

You're wrong. The original idea was that the teens thought they would get to go on Chapo. That was the entire basis of the Gravel campaign.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well I’m sure Orb Mother and Silicon Valley Dumbass are such invaluable contributions to the discourse then.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

'get the message out, no matter how stupidly' is to me the real irony poisoning

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
All of the chapo political interviews are just make-work for vergil to make him feel like he adds anything of value to the show. Id love to see the stats but im sure those interviews get like less than 80% of normal downloads

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Taintrunner posted:

well I’m sure Orb Mother and Silicon Valley Dumbass are such invaluable contributions to the discourse then.

They're more serious candidates than Gravel, at least.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Where is the meme showing Amber as a knight protecting a princess who is lqbles the dry boys and the menacing crowd says like “Twitter retards”.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
they need someone who can nail a guest's rear end to the wall with the same savagery they will eviscerate people who aren't recording with them, instead of practically giving these gimmick presidential candidates a free platform with Virgil unintentionally reprising his nebbish DigCast character. I was hoping that could be Matt, but the Marianne interview seemed to demonstrate that without some liquid courage in him his contributions would amount to almost an afterthought

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
never let matt be sober

THS
Sep 15, 2017

they dont want to do adversarial interviews because its usually just a waste of time, sucks to listen to, and makes them uncomfortable. i have literally never heard a podcast that had a good adversarial interview

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Chapo did literally one adversarial interview ever, and it was so bad they almost didn't release it. I don't know why people are expecting them to "Nail Marianne's rear end to the wall" or whatever

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Taintrunner posted:

Considering the Silicon Valley Dumbass was interviewed specifically to poke holes in his platform and peel off supporters there is far more practical reasons to interview Yang than Gravel, especially since it is now extremely clear that Gravel is not getting on the debate stage no matter what.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Yossarian-22 posted:

Honestly he seems earnest and smart in his own dumb way to me. He seems good at identifying problems but believes too much in his own bullshit

these posts are why the interviews are lame. yangs a loving venture capitalist who founded a company based on " training recent graduates and young professionals to work for startups in emerging cities" and williamson is a grifter tricking poor people into meditating away their cancer. giving them a space for people to go "well, they don't seem correct but gosh dang At Least They Stand For Something!!!!" is horseshit. who cares about gravel. just don't give them a platform, even if they have a bigger one already.

in conclusion

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?lang=en

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Gripweed posted:

Chapo did literally one adversarial interview ever, and it was so bad they almost didn't release it. I don't know why people are expecting them to "Nail Marianne's rear end to the wall" or whatever

maybe rear end-nailing is a bit loaded, I think everyone who listened agreed the Reason interview sucked, but you have to know what I mean when I say that these primary ghouls should be exposed as clowns and oafs who have no business in politics leaving as little doubt as they do in regular episodes, so even the Yang Gang incels with skulls so thick they could stop anti-materiel rounds realize the hosts don't take this guy seriously and shut up or get defensive, instead of filling the replies to the video with "WOW Yang did great! King!!"

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I understand why they interviewed Yang but I think there is a good discussion to be had about whether they accomplished what they wanted to with the interview.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/GrubstakersPod/status/1153153438752104448?s=19

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hell yes

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

oh no way are you kidding me

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

i haven't listened to the aforeposted podcast but it would be really funny if both nick and matt tried to meet one another on each other's turf, like matt saying a lot of slurs and nick being really animated about what amounts to a big tidbit

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

what is the deal with felix anyway? he must be bored as gently caress or something, he is down to like 1 half-hearted episode a month now

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

gh0stpinballa posted:

what is the deal with felix anyway? he must be bored as gently caress or something, he is down to like 1 half-hearted episode a month now

he's been bulking up like christian bale to join WWE

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Crowsbeak posted:

Where is the meme showing Amber as a knight protecting a princess who is lqbles the dry boys and the menacing crowd says like “Twitter retards”.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Taintrunner posted:

As an adult we want Gravel on the debate stage so he can kamikaze every single not-Bernie in a single night

the thing is that he can't really do that without bernie getting caught in the blast, because every statement from gravel is gonna be followed by the moderator asking "senator sanders, do you agree?"

Basically I think their position on gravel was explained the same way not running matt was, bernie has a real shot and they don't want to gently caress it up for a bit.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

AnEdgelord posted:

I understand why they interviewed Yang but I think there is a good discussion to be had about whether they accomplished what they wanted to with the interview.

I think they did. he came off like a huge idiot with dumb plans that make no sense. especially towards the end when even virgil became impatient with the single mother question "oh she's gonna be fine, because after 18 years of child raising costs- boom! $1000":smuggo:

Serf
May 5, 2011

both the walther interview and the robby soave interview ruled because its fun to hear these morons try to explain their bullshit, like when the soave guy said that he loves capitalism because it lets him have a variety of videogame reviews

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

gh0stpinballa posted:

Addicted to Kratom and/or depressed

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Listened to the Jeffrey Epstein power hour hosted by Nick and Matt and now I want them to have a podcast together

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

where they go on adventures and solve mysteries

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AnEdgelord posted:

Listened to the Jeffrey Epstein power hour hosted by Nick and Matt and now I want them to have a podcast together

He's writing a sequel to we didn't start the fire but he's just reading the flight logs

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Felix just disappearing in today's Chapo and no one asks if he's still there til the end, and just silence lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Came across this thread a few days ago, and now I'm 12 episodes into Trillbillies. They're real fuckin' good, thank you thread.