Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

therobit posted:

Mine is "The Ring of Fire."

Im "That Black Snake Moan"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
The Land Down Under

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

rear end in a top hat

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Second Hander

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AITA for asking my neighbor to put some clothes on?

quote:

I have a male neighbor who lives on the other side of the road in front of my house. On weekdays I'm guessing he works, but every single Saturday and Sunday he spends the majority of his day on his computer in nothing but his underwear. I know this because his room has a window in front of the house that he always keeps open. My kids often play outside and are forced to look at him. Yesterday I finally got fed up with this disgusting behavior and knocked on his door and politely as I could told him to please put some clothes on or shut the window blinds. He just gave me this leer, laughed and told me to "find time to bother someone else". 2 hours later while gettign the mail I see him back at it again. I am considering calling the cops, and my husband is too. From my point of view this is disgusting indecent exposure in front of my kids, who have noticed and sometimes laugh. My friend (who I've talked to about in the past) says it's fine, and to just let it go. So, AITA?

I side against the OP but maybe the neighbor's computer monitor is actually a giant translucent window looking out into the yard and the HOA has set up a series of intricate funhouse mirrors such that no matter where you look you see this gross neighbor, such that "forced to look at him" becomes accurate

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Pinecone Sample posted:

I'm [35] upset that my girlfriend [33] wore a just a bikini top to the grocery store

LOL, this idiot framed it as being upset about her wearing a bikini top when he's actually upset she's gonna cuck him with the kroger night manager

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My [21f] friend [23m] stole over a dozen garlic bread and took weed I paid for and I'm not sure how I feel about him anymore?
[new]
This happened awhile ago but it's so bizarre to me. I'm sorry for my poor grammar. Also very long so tl;dr at the bottom.

A few months ago my boyfriend and I asked my friend for a 20 bag of weed. He said he would get us a bag but it would be later on we asked around 4pm and he came around 9pm with a very small bag and wanted us to smoke some from HIS pipe.

I guess before I continue I should mention that I have known him since middle school we have never argued, never been ripped off from him, and we always had a pretty chill friendship. Never anything out of platonic so this took me by surprise that he would want to smoke from our bag in his pipe but whatever my bf and I just brushed it off trying to be nice. We only hit the bowl twice and he held onto it the rest of the time he was there which was 25 minutes (way shorter than normal.)

Suddenly out of no where he stands up, says he's gotta go meet up with some girl and asks my boyfriend for a "pinch" of weed that we just bought for his barely smoked bowl and to take to the girl. We were visibliy annoyed but my bf still wanting to be nice gave him some and my friend told me he was hungry and my grandmother had just finished making spaghetti and LOADS of garlic bread that was half a loaf each so they were really big and there was more than enough pasta so I told him to help himself and when he left my room to the kitchen my boyfriend and I talked about how weird it was that he was acting this way and how rude it was of him to ask for weed we paid for when the bag was already smaller than it should've been. We dropped it then just smoked and went back to playing our game just trying to brush it off.

Maybe like 20 minutes after I heard him eat and shut the front door suddenly we both hear a loud knocking at our window so I checked and it was him asking for his keys and water bottle that he had left in the room which I wasn't aware of til I saw them and I went outside to hand it to him. My boyfriend and I looked at each other confused wondering why he knocked on the window instead of just coming back in like normal if he left something but whatever... Again just brushed it off.

After we made sure he left my boyfriend wanted some spaghetti and 2 garlic bread pieces so I went to the kitchen and... To my surprise there is not a single piece of garlic bread besides a half eaten one. I asked my grandmother if she put any up and she said no that they were in the stove and I told her to come check and yeah all of it was gone. She was surprised so was I, she swore up and down she didn't eat any and I know my boyfriend didn't because he never once left the room. So now I'm like what the gently caress did he seriously take off with a dozen half bread loafs of garlic bread?! I tell my boyfriend and he's pissed and confused. This is so out of behavior for my friend and I've never had anything like this happen to me, if he really needed food I wouldn't have cared to give him some on the go even though I know he made enough money to not be going hungry.

So what we figured was he took all the garlic bread to the car but realized he forgot his keys and was nervous to come back and be confronted for taking the bread. I'm not sure how the girl he supposedly was meeting was gonna like a dozen bread loafs and a half smoked bowl of weed but whatever. He never said sorry or spoke to me again after that til recently he keeps trying to talk to me but honestly I just want to ask him why he did that and what was going on. Would it be wrong of me if I want to know why he did this or if I feel like this put our friendship in a weird light?

Tl;Dr My friend stole over a dozen garlic bread from me and ripped me off a 20 bag of weed that he wanted some of for a girl. Hasn't talked to me or said sorry since.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
That's pretty gangster

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Over a dozen garlic bread

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

goethe.cx posted:

AITA for kicking a girl out who didn’t want to have sex?

she was gonna steal from him too

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for kicking my Grandson out for not respecting my authority?

My Grandson is currently staying with me at my house. He doesn't want to live with his parents, so he moved in with me, which is fine. But I do have some conditions; namely that he get a job and pay rent, which he has done. He works at dairy queen, and pays me 400 dollars a month in rent.

I also usually require him to help around the house, normally just doing chores or helping me in the yard. But there are other rules I expect him to follow, like being home at a certain time (usually before midnight) and not buy certain groceries (unhealthy things like soda and junk food).

We usually have gotten along well, despite some tension here and then, until a couple weeks ago. Usually on Weekends, he stays out late and won't come home until 1 or 2. When I ask him about it he just shrugs it off and tells me he is hanging with his friends and that it's not a big deal. I usually try to remind him that it's one of the rules but he doesn't listen and says he's an adult and that it's not an issue. This angers me and we always fight, and he usually apologizes.

However, this Friday he went out with friends, and when I woke up yesterday morning he wasn't home, and his car wasn't in the driveway. He didn't get home until about 11. I was furious with him and immediately asked where he had been. He said that he had been staying over at a friends house, and decided to stay the night and so they could get breakfast together in the morning. Long story short we got into again and I'd had finally had enough. He doesn't see the issue with staying out late and coming home at random times and not telling me where he's going. So I told him he needs to be out by Monday and to move back in with his parents.

He got really upset at this and we fought some more, but I told him he wasn't respecting my rules so that he should just go home to his parents (My daughter is his mother) or stay with someone else who would allow him to act this way. He left this morning with most of his things I'm going to ship the rest.

I just got off the phone with his mother (my daughter) who thinks I'm being unfair, but I just told her the same thing which is that if he's living under my roof then he needs to abide by my rules. She was frustrated with me, but didn't press it. I feel like I'm in the right here, but I don't understand why both my Grandson and my Daughter think I'm being unreasonable. Am I being an rear end in a top hat?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I didn't realize Eric Cartman was already an old person

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for skipping Mom's 60th b-day to go to a sex club?

I'm staying with my parents for the summer to recover from a rough year. I developed chronic health problems and could not complete my semester coursework, broke up with my best friend of four years because she was toxic, was hospitalized twice, and got ghosted the person I was seeing after two months. To top it all off, my 7 year-old cat died suddenly due congestive heart failure during exam time. This was all happening while I was living on my own and about 3000 miles away from my parents. That being said, I am incredibly lucky to have a supportive and loving mother. She was also going through a tough time at work during my spell and did her best to be there for me.

My Mom gets upset about her birthday because my Dad never plans anything big. My Dad and I prefer to have a small dinner with the immediate family. However, my Mom usually wants to get people together and my Dad just cannot seem to do this for her. Prior to this summer, I felt most of that disappointment laid with my Dad for not taking the initiative. This year, Mom pre-emptively planned an overnight birthday trip for the family so she would not be hurt. I did not know she had planned it herself until after the ensuing incident. I assumed that my Dad had booked the trip as a birthday present, which is something he does do on occasion.

Now for the sex club part: as a queer, trans and disabled person, sex is something I've really not experienced in a positive way. Dysphoria, mental health and body image issues have really made it non-existent thing in my life. When I was home for the holidays, I met up with a friend who told me about the great experience he had at a sex lounge in Big City. This place puts on a night for queer and trans people every two months. He told it had helped him with his confidence so we made plans to go in the summer.

Anyways, it's the end of June and I've had a nice 25th birthday. I have a great time and thank my Mom for putting in the effort. A week later, Mom reminds me not to forget her birthday trip at the end of July. I admit that I forgot and made plans with my friend to go to Big City for that weekend. I say it's okay though because I can be there for her birthday on the 26th! Mom tells me that her birthday is on the 28th! So, assuming my Dad had planned that overnight trip, I say I could come with them for the overnight trip and then leave Saturday evening to go to Big City as it's close by. She then reveals that she the one who planned the trip. So, gently caress me, I've already made plans for her birthday weekend AND managed to forget her actual birth date. She says, 'Wow, no one planned anything for my birthday!' and walks upstairs. I follow her upstairs and apologize but she says she's too tired to talk. The next day she says she doesn't care if I go, just that she's sad no one planned anything.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Man I wonder why this kid doesnt want to live with his parents

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

drat you serpent i just came here to post that grandson one!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for skipping Mom's 60th b-day to go to a sex club?

That being said, I am incredibly lucky to have a supportive and loving mother. She was also going through a tough time at work during my spell and did her best to be there for me.

YTA.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

do not skip your wonderful mother's 60th birthday!!!! especially after explicitly telling her you a) forgot about the plans and b) forgot the date of her birthday!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gluten Freeman posted:

do not skip your wonderful mother's 60th birthday!!!! especially after explicitly telling her you a) forgot about the plans and b) forgot the date of her birthday!

Yeah but SEX :thunk:

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
That poor Mother, the OP could not have painted themselves in a worse light.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I hope your cat rises from the grave to tell you it never loved you before dying again

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I am breaking naming tradition with my first born and my family is pissed about it.

quote:

TL;DR I am breaking naming tradition with my first born and my family is pissed about it.

I went to college in Japan, met my husband, and stayed here. I gave up my American citizenship and have taken on a Japanese name. I went from Rene to Rei. In doing this, I also dropped my middle name, Maria. As it might be obvious, I come from a Spanish background. I make my living for my family by tutoring children in English twice a week.

To add, everyone in my family, going back a long way, has Maria as a middle name. Even the guys. It's kind of a big deal and religious.

I am 28F and my husband, Yuki, is 34. We have a six-month-old daughter, Hanako. We have been married for six years.

Part of the reason I moved was because my family exhausts me. Too many people, too many kids, too many expectations. I just want to live my life without loaning cousin Carl $100 or giving up my weekend to watch 14 kids. Which is how many children are in the family under 8 at the moment. I have a large family, I have about 6 siblings. I have 32 cousins.

I don't keep in contact with very many people and there is a reason for that. It is all drama and gossip. I got tired of the notion I need to sacrifice my own happiness for others. Especially when they could give two shits about me. So Yuki and I agreed that other than my father (65), mother (61), and two sisters (34F and 29F) the rest of the family would not be included.

Mom (60F) and Dad (65M) came to see Hanako. They flew in on Easter Sunday and stayed in a hotel. Things went bad really fast. They were upset we didn't celebrate Easter with them in a way they wanted. I told them we are not religious.

Within two days, I got lectured by my Mom for:
- Refusing to give Hanako a Christian name.
- To have her come to America to be Christened in the Catholic Church.
- For not letting my parents stay in our home (it's a small apartment and there is no room).
- For not praying to God at dinner.
- For not taking them around or getting work off to take them around.
EDIT: I told my parents to come during the summer because I had obligations during this time. I can't just take off work because they want me to. I have vacation time in the summer. They refused.

Another edit: "I think some commenters here are focusing in on the wrong things. Japanese citizens literally CANNOT have middle names. To add on to that, when a non-Japanese becomes a naturalized Japanese citizen they MUST change their name so it fits Japanese naming conventions. OP didn't change her name in some weird attempt to become Japanese and reject her culture, she changed her name because that is literally a part of the naturalization process. This would also entail the dropping of her middle name because, like I said, Japanese citizens cannot have middle names."

The biggest issue came when my dad met Yuki's father. They were talking, with Yuki/Myself translating. My dad said, "Little Hanako Maria is going to be a heartbreaker."

I had to explain to my dad that Hanako didn't have a middle name. It is just Hanako. I have never seen him so mad. He almost cried. He said I completely changed and withdrew from his side, that I am a Japanese loving idiot, and Hanako is now a stranger to her other half. Which is not true, she's six months old. I intend to keep her informed of some traditions, but I really have never liked the way I was raised, am not religious.

My sisters have said that people in the family are upset i don't come to big events, like birthdays. Which is impossible, there are 27 grandkids/nieces/nephews. I can't fly out every time. And I don't have enough time with my family as is.

What did I do wrong? And how can I explain my side without causing a meltdown?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

I am breaking naming tradition with my first born and my family is pissed about it.

Just Sever

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Me [26F] with my boyfriend [29M] 7.5 years, hoping he will propose before my dad passes away

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been together for 7.5 years. We started dating when I was 19(f), and he was 22(m). We have lived together for most of that time, first with housemates, and for the last year just us. We are now 26(f) and 29(m) and have really grown a solid relationship together. We even moved to a capital city together for the chance to both find more fulfilling work. We now each have full time jobs that we like, and prospects of career advancement. In short, we're doing well, and we're happy. We have long term plans for employment, future holiday ideas, and even talked about buying a house in a couple of years.

I had brought up the topic of marriage around our 2nd anniversary, and we discussed that it was something we would aim for. In a very emotional conversation I let him know it was something I needed from a relationship. If he didn't want the same it was a deal breaker for me. He accepted these terms, and mentioned it was the sort of thing that he was not ready for (at the time neither of us were ready) and it would frankly be a deterrent if it were a topic I was bringing up often. I took this to heart and acknowledged that we were on the same page. I haven't explicitly mentioned an engagement since. I believed he would propose when he felt we were ready.

Several years later and I've been ready for about a year now. I'm reluctant to bring it up because I'm stuck in this loop of waiting - if I mention it, he may postpone any plans he might have had because I ruined the surprise. I could be patient in knowing what we have built is as good as married anyway. I could let this whole marriage thing go, but circumstances have changed.

My father is very ill. he was diagnosed with cancer last April, and his health is going downhill faster than I can wrap my head around it. I find myself making compromises in my mind at every new development. First it's it will be okay if Dad can at least walk me down the aisle. Then his health deteriorates and he has trouble walking. Okay so now it will be okay if Dad can attend the wedding, and at least see his eldest child get married, even if he's in a wheelchair. But dad just keeps getting sicker, and it's getting to the stage that even if we got engaged now and started planning a wedding for this year, there's no guarantee Dad would even make it. I'm at the stage of compromise where I'd accept just getting engaged before I lose my Dad.

Yet not even a hint that my boyfriend is even thinking about marriage.

On the advice of my best friend, I let my boyfriend know how I felt. I told him the truth, very simply. If Dad passed away and I missed out on the opportunity for him to walk me down the aisle, I was afraid that I would be angry toward my boyfriend for denying me that - however irrational that anger may be. My boyfriend listened, and then told me he understood.

That was 8 months ago.
He knows what's going on with Dad. My parents live interstate, but we visit them often. My boyfriend has seen my Dad's deterioration first hand. He knows the prognosis is not good. Yet nothing. No hint, no talk, no emotion. I keep moving the goal posts for when I bring the topic up with him, if he doesn't propose by our October anniversary, or the festival in December, or Christmas. But I can't talk about this without getting emotional, like snot streaming out of my nose, tears everywhere emotional. I don't want to do that. I just get angry instead.

How do I stop this simmering anger? How do I stop thinking that he is callous and disrespectful? I get so overwhelmed by the idea that my boyfriend knows all this and chooses not to do anything about it - even if he just told me that he wasn't going to propose would give me the freedom to let it go. In all other senses he is a great partner, and very sweet to me. I know we'll be together either way, I'm not setting ultimatums, but this is where we've been headed for more than half a decade. If not now, when? I can't imagine a year after my Dad passing away being grateful for a proposal. I'll be too bitter to appreciate it.

What do I do? I hate resenting my life partner over something potentially so petty in the great scheme of things.

tl;dr long term boyfriend hasn't proposed to me, I was happy to wait. But now my Dad is dying and I'm worried he won't get to see me engaged/married. How do cope with this?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Your father could have lived forever and he never would have walked you down the aisle to this man.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

QuarkJets posted:

AITA for asking my neighbor to put some clothes on?

I side against the OP but maybe the neighbor's computer monitor is actually a giant translucent window looking out into the yard and the HOA has set up a series of intricate funhouse mirrors such that no matter where you look you see this gross neighbor, such that "forced to look at him" becomes accurate

Turn off my monitor

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

cumshitter posted:

*Plays a bunch of buttholes like crystal glasses while dressed as a Blue Man*

Really disappointed you didn't manage to get a Blew Man Group joke in here, CS.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Another victory for religion and tradition.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

darkwasthenight posted:

Really disappointed you didn't manage to get a Blew Man Group joke in here, CS.

more like cumspitter

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Vim Fuego posted:

LOL, this idiot framed it as being upset about her wearing a bikini top when he's actually upset she's gonna cuck him with the kroger night manager

I'm 90% sure this is just that dude's lovely self-insert cuck fiction

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The dude had to edit in "my girlfriend is considering loving the public for publix" which says it all, really

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Communist Walrus posted:

I'm 90% sure this is just that dude's lovely self-insert cuck fiction

the whole point of cuck fanfiction is that it isn't "self-insert"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Barudak posted:

The dude had to edit in "my girlfriend is considering loving the public for publix" which says it all, really

He has a Publix humiliation fetish

kru
Oct 5, 2003

I still can't get over the bad driver mother post, I just cant

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

He has a Publix humiliation fetish

Theres no Safeway for him to explore it though

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

This is not at all how ordering for tables in restaurants works and just loving Venmo or buy a goddamn drink for your friends you loving weirdo

Where the hell do you live that restaurants DON’T ask how a party is gonna split the check by default?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Me [26F] with my boyfriend [29M] 7.5 years, hoping he will propose before my dad passes away
I love how her proposing simply isn't on the table. She just has to sit on her hands and wait for him to take initiative. Why isn't he taking initiative?

loving propose. He says no, you break up and move on.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

She wont because part of her knows hell say no and shell have to admit she appeared groveling before a man she knows doesnt really care

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pinecone Sample posted:

*standing in the hallway posting on the preg forums and cumming in my pants*
All went according to plan. She never uncovered my true obstetric cuckoldry fetish!

Birth ell pup

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Barudak posted:

Theres no Safeway for him to explore it though

You never know. He might get Lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

quote:

The biggest issue came when my dad met Yuki's father. They were talking, with Yuki/Myself translating. My dad said, "Little Hanako Maria is going to be a heartbreaker." 

I will never understand people who can't compliment a baby without speculating about how people will want to gently caress them 16 years later.