Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I just watched The Mule on a flight, and I know it's supposed to be a drama but that poo poo is a black comedy. Clint Eastwood helps out a black couple, bitches about how that generation has to call google then drops a racist comment, then saves a Mexican from being murdered by police, then has a threesome, twice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

a neat cape posted:

Saw Lion King.

What a giant wet fart

Why would you ever see that, let alone pay money for it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Petite Dinklage posted:

Why would you ever see that, let alone pay money for it

I keep thinking one of the live action remakes will get it right

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

a neat cape posted:

I keep thinking one of the live action remakes will get it right

Who Framed Roger Rabbit? but with every animated character in the original switched with a live-action actor and every live-action actor animated.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
HooverFan asked for ketchup to put on a steak.

That's all I'm saying.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

It ain't pretty, but this pork shank's been smoking with hickory since 6am. Actually got the "fall off the bone" tenderness l, though there was a bit of a stall between 160 & 200z

Now to watch Inglourius Basterds on the big screen.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like sauces but I'm not going to effort post at my job about it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Do you have a favorite thus far on your journey to the truth of tea?

I’m so new to tea that I don’t know how to answer this! There are so many to try. It’s overwhelming and wonderful.

Regarding movies -

I saw The Art of Self Defense today. Highly recommended if you like dark comedies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bms6Hba-3A

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMh6Sh3Qwa8

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

seiferguy posted:

I just watched The Mule on a flight, and I know it's supposed to be a drama but that poo poo is a black comedy. Clint Eastwood helps out a black couple, bitches about how that generation has to call google then drops a racist comment, then saves a Mexican from being murdered by police, then has a threesome, twice!

The only review of The Mule you ever need:

https://youtu.be/X5TEsdb918c

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

swickles posted:

The only review of The Mule you ever need:

https://youtu.be/X5TEsdb918c

I remember watching that and was fascinated by the fact that theres not one, but two threesome scenes with Clint Eastwood. They're both equally ridiculous.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

So quick rundown of MY weekend: spent saturday in Auburn, CA helping my friend pack most of his belongings into a storage unit. It was 90 degrees out so that sucked rear end.
Spent today putting my truck back together. Things went really well! Until everything was fully assembled and clean and tidy looking and the truck won't start. So, gently caress.

I am excited for all the new marvel movies coming out. Especially master of kung fu, because I have my stepdad's 1970s comic books and he bought into that series including the first appearance, and now those copies are going to like quadruple in value at least. I'm sure master of kung fu will be handled in a very not racist at all way, surely!

There have been a lot of Thors.

I vaguely remember this Thor:

They shoulda got someone really big and muscly to play lady thor? Natalie Portman is a waif.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

What an absolutely loathsome piece of poo poo whi has learned absolutely nothing

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Leperflesh posted:

So quick rundown of MY weekend: spent saturday in Auburn, CA helping my friend pack most of his belongings into a storage unit. It was 90 degrees out so that sucked rear end.
Spent today putting my truck back together. Things went really well! Until everything was fully assembled and clean and tidy looking and the truck won't start. So, gently caress.

I am excited for all the new marvel movies coming out. Especially master of kung fu, because I have my stepdad's 1970s comic books and he bought into that series including the first appearance, and now those copies are going to like quadruple in value at least. I'm sure master of kung fu will be handled in a very not racist at all way, surely!

They shoulda got someone really big and muscly to play lady thor? Natalie Portman is a waif.

That's not a Thor, that is Beta Ray Bill, who like Thor (and recently Captain America) is worthy to wield Mjolinir. He is an alien, who has actually made an appearance in the MCU in Thor 3, as one of the champions whose likeness is engraved in a giant statue on the side of a building, so chances are good he will show up at some point in the movies.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Seen at SDCC this weekend:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
e: ^what the gently caress

tag urself I'm "vaccines are made with aborted fetal cells"

----
what's the practical technical difference between twitter and mastodon?

I'm assuming less nazis on mastodon?

I read some brief google results but it's all stuff that I don't fully appreciate.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

what's the practical technical difference between twitter and mastodon?

I'm assuming less nazis on mastodon?

That or all the nazis (gab moved to a modified version of mastodon recently).

It's kind of a distributed twitter if that makes sense from what I can tell, I'm no expert either. But we could set up a TFF mastodon server if we wanted to and then we would be able to control what people post on that particular server. Part of the idea is that small communities can better moderate content than one behemoth corporation like twitter I think. But posts can also be shared across these servers so it's still a very large thing in theory.

There's also some quality of life stuff like you can also apparently make individual posts private to your followers or public, there's a 500 character limit instead of 280, blah blah.

From what I can tell in the end it seems like it wants to be less evil than twitter and has some good things going for it, but it's a social network which means that it's going to be terrible no matter what you do because people are terrible.

e: It should be noted the just because posts can be shared between servers they don't have to be and servers can be blocked, so if you find a mastodon server you like it's likely already blocked the new gab server so you wouldn't have to wade through their bullshit.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 22, 2019

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ehud drink a hibiscus tea (or agua de jamaica if it's chilled)

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Leperflesh posted:

What about that lady who played Brienne, she’d be rad, though it’s kinda typecasting (insofar as large badass lady wielding medieval weaponry is a type I guess). I’m optimistic, I tend to think Natalie Portman’s at her best in movies that get kinda weird, and I definitely trust Taika Waititi to get weird with it.

Comedy option: Lena Dunham, the best person to piss off literally everyone

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Lena Dunham would be great & in keeping with the incest that is prevalent in Thor's mythology.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

swickles posted:

That's not a Thor, that is Beta Ray Bill, who like Thor (and recently Captain America) is worthy to wield Mjolinir. He is an alien, who has actually made an appearance in the MCU in Thor 3, as one of the champions whose likeness is engraved in a giant statue on the side of a building, so chances are good he will show up at some point in the movies.

He also is the comic book wielder of Stormbringer. Odin has it made for him and is an exact copy of Mjolinir.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Alaois posted:

ehud drink a hibiscus tea (or agua de jamaica if it's chilled)

okay!

I haven't done any herbal teas yet. I'm still doing all black tea because I'm weaning myself off of coffee and any energy drinks or sodas with artificial sweeteners. It's just enough caffeine to keep me going.

But I will be ready to try some more exotic stuff soon.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ehud posted:

okay!

I haven't done any herbal teas yet. I'm still doing all black tea because I'm weaning myself off of coffee and any energy drinks or sodas with artificial sweeteners. It's just enough caffeine to keep me going.

But I will be ready to try some more exotic stuff soon.

yerba mate my man

get yaself that mate

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Is there a name for the feeling of irrational aversion to something because people keep telling me I’ll like it? Yerba mate is there for me, as is kombucha

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yerba mate my man

get yaself that mate

I just looked up this tea and several places say it has been linked to increased risk of cancer because it has polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons

please advise

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Drink it & die younger.

Lately I like the herbal teas that induce drowsiness. I usually get a big box of sleepy time tea & have a cup a day.

Probably shouldn't have it in the morning before I drive my car though.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ehud posted:

I just looked up this tea and several places say it has been linked to increased risk of cancer because it has polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons

please advise

you would have to drink a fuckton of it at really hot temperatures

Its cancerous in the same way dental gum is cancerous

Thaddius the Large posted:

Is there a name for the feeling of irrational aversion to something because people keep telling me I’ll like it? Yerba mate is there for me, as is kombucha

Mate owns

Kombucha is worthless and occassionally also a poison

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Today's my birthday

26 years on this stupid planet, yaaaaaay

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Today's my birthday

lmao congrats baby dont forget your pacifier

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Yerba mate is gross. Kombucha is good. Drink the booch.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Yerba mate is gross. Kombucha is good. Drink the booch.

The leaf of a holly tree is gross

Meanwhile fungus tea is good

this bitch right here

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy

Today's my birthday

Happy Birthday!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Today's my birthday

Happy Birthday! I long to be 26 again.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Happy birthday, Nissin Cup Nudist. May you enjoy your late 20's by not waking up with something hurting for no drat reason whatsoever.

Now I wait for the guys to install my gas line for my new stove. Adulting.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao congrats baby dont forget your pacifier

we're so much older and likely closer to death than him :smugdog:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Happy birthday, Nissin Cup Nudist. May you enjoy your late 20's by not waking up with something hurting for no drat reason whatsoever.

Now I wait for the guys to install my gas line for my new stove. Adulting.

Adulting by proxy by being inordinately jealous of your upgrade to a gas stove.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

inshallah

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

I am gonna put my brain in a computer, bitch

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Today's my birthday

Happy birthday! Now, don't fart away the rest of your 20s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Happy birthday! Now, don't fart away the rest of your 20s.

What sucks about your 20s is that no matter what you do when you turn 30 you will feel like you wasted it