Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Goose step marching is also really tiring and terrible for your body so this also belongs in the schad thread because they wasted a lot of good training time on more functional military things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

They can afford to, they don't have massively over engineered planes that can't fly in the rain and they don't build ships that dissolve in salt water.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

2026: China launches an invasion of Taiwan. Half the Pacific Fleet is waiting for parts on back order. The Navy's F-35s are all down because of a bug in the last software update, but that's ok because a big amphetamine bust means that most of the pilots are suffering withdrawal symptoms. The one LCS that isn't broken and is able to come up from Singapore is obliterated by fifty thousand anti-ship missiles fired at once from seventeen different artificial islands. President Pence is caught on a hot mic excitedly speculating that this might be something mentioned in the Book of Revelations.

Moon Slayer has a new favorite as of 13:40 on Jul 22, 2019

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I would like to know more

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Moon Slayer posted:

2026: China launches an invasion of Taiwan. Half the Pacific Fleet is waiting for parts on back order. The Navy's F-35s are all down because of a bug in the last software update, but that's ok because a big amphetamine bust means that most of the pilots are suffering withdrawal symptoms. The one LCS that isn't broken and is able to come up from Singapore is obliterated by fifty thousand anti-ship missiles fired at once from seventeen different artificial islands. President Pence is caught on a hot mic excitedly speculating that this might be something mentioned in the Book of Revelations.

just because you don't like the us military doesn't mean you have to suck the dick of the hilariously incompetent military of a fascist nation. the pla is only suited for putting down internal rebellions

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

The way I'm viewing this is that they're all just mocking the guy in front while his back is turned. "duhh, I have a bunch of medals and I walk like this, duhhhh"

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Belgium training to invade Arrakis!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It sucks that everyone decided not to do proper wars anymore. I wanted to see at least one all out nation/nation fight before I died....every other generation got one. :(

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

It sucks that everyone decided not to do proper wars anymore. I wanted to see at least one all out nation/nation fight before I died....every other generation got one. :(

What do you mean, Canada and Denmark have been at war since 1930

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Solice Kirsk posted:

After nukes got invented everyone started playing real nice

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019

StrixNebulosa posted:

After nukes got invented everyone started playing real nice

Let's ban nuclear war for one year every decade.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Like The Purge, only with international warfare!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This might be the first time in my life that I'm proud to be Belgian.

Probably half of them signed up for laughs, and the other half lost a bet. They all know that the most dangerous mission they could possibly be assigned to is fridge guard duty back at the base if the US decides to invade another random Middle Eastern country (in which case Major Hamface himself would be the biggest threat)

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Moon Slayer posted:

I was with you at first, but the future weapon isn't lobbing missiles, it's swarms of armed drones that are too numerous to take down. I mean that's what's currently being worked on, and that's why we are loading jamming stuff on carts and putting em (the carts) on ships.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Blackchamber posted:

I was with you at first, but the future weapon isn't lobbing missiles, it's swarms of armed drones that are too numerous to take down. I mean that's what's currently being worked on, and that's why we are loading jamming stuff on carts and putting em (the carts) on ships.

Iran had proven that surface to surface and surface to air missiles still work just fine, like the one they used to take out the predator drone recently. It's going to be a mix of cheap missiles and 100$ drones dropping gernades that will quickly overwhelm the overengineered garbage that the MIC keeps churning out for 22 million a pop.

American military tech is still focused on the idea of Soviet bombers coming over the pole.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
American military tech is focused on pork. It's all about getting government contracts for companies that produce overpriced garbage that doesn't actually work or gigantic piles of tanks that just get driven into the desert and forgotten about.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Trabant posted:

That took me a second and I died when I got it.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Trabant posted:

Quality post.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pythagorean Theorem

https://i.imgur.com/JpwSjjA.mp4

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

The Little Death posted:

Iran had proven that surface to surface and surface to air missiles still work just fine, like the one they used to take out the predator drone recently. It's going to be a mix of cheap missiles and 100$ drones dropping gernades that will quickly overwhelm the overengineered garbage that the MIC keeps churning out for 22 million a pop.

American military tech is still focused on the idea of Soviet bombers coming over the pole.

Missiles to get a single drone.

Look how the USS Boxer took down their drone last week.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

That absurd jamming weapon is going to fail at the first swarm.

But yeah, cheapo drones are a danger. The multi-million drones the US uses are a joke. Though not as big a joke as manned fighter planes in 2019.

Beelzebufo has a new favorite as of 21:31 on Jul 22, 2019

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I'm sure "the enemy" will use drones and long range missiles when they can just smuggle in fifty suitcase nukes over 5 years and instantly annihilate all of America with the press of a button

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/m6rxsIZ.gifv

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/Gg36PNJ.gifv

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

The woman of yesterday is no match for the be-rascal'd woman of tomorrow.

Bogus Adventure has a new favorite as of 02:28 on Jul 23, 2019

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

BattleSausage posted:

That's what happens when you unlock the Jecht Shot 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Bogus Adventure posted:

The woman of yesterday is no match for the be-rascal'd woman of tomorrow.

These cyborg women from the future are too powerful, we can't stop them

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
In the land of the fat, the 4-wheeled woman is queen.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Phlegmish posted:

These cyborg women from the future are too powerful, we can't stop them

It's not all that terrible, all you need to do to stop them is say their kill-phrase.

You know, 'Fatlander Woman'

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Fupatan machine

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Garrand posted:

Fupatan machine

nice

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/SpNTIWV.mp4

:stare:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sound
https://i.imgur.com/FiZdSF1.mp4

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

When we have finally reached post-scarcity as a species, creating this poo poo will be the most highly valued skill.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NdQPpiFDlA&t=73s

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Does anybody have that really long gif that's a text conversation about Ashton Kutcher going to the store to get flamin hot cheetos for Britney Spears?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Gripweed posted:

Does anybody have that really long gif that's a text conversation about Ashton KutcherKevin Federline going to the store to get flamin hot cheetos for Britney Spears?
I think it's posted in this thread.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/xPElfSw.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Android Apocalypse posted:

I think it's posted in this thread.

shoot, I knew it was some embarrassing early 2000s guy