Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Chilichimp posted:

in the current context of no-cash-bail and the progressive movement,

this one politician "once" pushed to INCREASE bail.

SO SHE IS CANCELLED

Truly, frenz, this is her Ralph Northam moment.

In a post 1964 world, why should someone even think about increased bail, ever, if not to serve the New Jim Crow state?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Phone posted:

why are you like this?

Harris sucks, you don’t need to prostrate yourself defending an awful former AG from her awful decisions.

If posters ITT can justify 2nd picking Williamson even if she might be anti-vax, then I can justify her having a boring bail opinion ~at some point in the past~ (I cannot stress enough how lazy and loving stupid it is to link the screenshot of a headline) for my 3rd choice.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Guys chill out, on this one issue, if we ignore a ton of other issues, Kamala served segregationist interests ONLY ONCE, relax jfc.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Potato Salad posted:

In a post 1964 world, why should someone even think about increased bail, ever, if not to serve the New Jim Crow state?

Potato Salad posted:

Guys chill out, on this one issue, if we ignore a ton of other issues, Kamala served segregationist interests ONLY ONCE, relax jfc.

Came for the "Copmala" takes; am satisfied with the "Uncle Tomala" takes.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Chilichimp posted:

If posters ITT can justify 2nd picking Williamson even if she might be anti-vax, then I can justify her having a boring bail opinion ~at some point in the past~ (I cannot stress enough how lazy and loving stupid it is to link the screenshot of a headline) for my 3rd choice.

Do you actually have any positives for your third choice or are you just trying to rationalize accepting lovely people

Cause 3rd choice in any normal primary would be some drat faint praise

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Unoriginal Name posted:

Do you actually have any positives for your third choice or are you just trying to rationalize accepting lovely people

Cause 3rd choice in any normal primary would be some drat faint praise

It's faint praise in this primary. I don't anticipate ever having to vote for her, though I prefer her of the centrists in the crowded field.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
The new Yorker did an article about how gillibrand screwed franken and how everyone hates gillibrand for the one objectively good thing she did

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

A big flaming stink posted:

The new Yorker did an article about how gillibrand screwed franken and how everyone hates gillibrand for the one objectively good thing she did

That article sucks poo poo lmao

https://twitter.com/Ugarles/status/1153298025823002628

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A big flaming stink posted:

I have no idea why she's still even in this race.

The strongest argument that can be made for Franken is he's on the Biden-end of the creep scale, not the Trump-end.

Which is a preeeeeeeeeeetty lovely argument.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 22, 2019

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
I think the current summary of thread preferences is as follows:

Bernie > .... > Warren > Giant Meteor > Castro/Booker > Sapient Self Help Book > Third Party > Harris > Trump > Biden

Also Imagine still defending Franken to this day.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Chilichimp posted:

It's faint praise in this primary. I don't anticipate ever having to vote for her, though I prefer her of the centrists in the crowded field.

Again, why

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Bernie > .... > Warren > Giant Meteor > Castro/Booker > Sapient Self Help Book > Third Party > Harris > Trump > Biden

Ellipses/Right Angle Bracket 2020

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

*looks at Biden, Buttigeig, Booker and Beto*

Biden's a creep with no idea what the current democratic base wants. Buttigieg is a political novice who's political height at this point is mayor of a college town. Booker has some problematic alliances with defense contractors and charter schools. Beto is a 3rd way shithead who thinks we can heal the country by participating in dialogue and finding common ground with republicans.

I guess you could cram some other candidates into this category and tell me they're better? I'm not really putting a ton of thought into my ~3rd choice~ and I'm not sure why you'd put a ton of effort into making me.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

This seems accurate, assuming that SSHB is Buttergreg (really it's all the centrist candidates)

Chilichimp posted:

I guess you could cram some other candidates into this category and tell me they're better? I'm not really putting a ton of thought into my ~3rd choice~ and I'm not sure why you'd put a ton of effort into making me.

You're the one crying because you want to kiss and hug Kamala Harris and other posters think you're being dumb/weird

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Failed Imagineer posted:

You're the one crying because you want to kiss and hug Kamala Harris and other posters think you're being dumb/weird

Thanks for projecting creepy sexual imagery on me, Failed Imagineer. It's a good and cool argument, I'll totes reconsider how my testicles are influencing my decision-making.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The correct 3rd choice is Jay Inslee.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Chilichimp posted:

Thanks for projecting creepy sexual imagery on me, Failed Imagineer. It's a good and cool argument, I'll totes reconsider how my testicles are influencing my decision-making.

:thumbsup:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mcmagic posted:

nah, it’s whoever the brain genius is who came up with this scheme

https://twitter.com/AJentleson/status/1153334905608294402

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

Jay will be a bangin' Interior Sec.

Phone posted:

nah, it’s whoever the brain genius is who came up with this scheme

https://twitter.com/AJentleson/status/1153334905608294402

Pelosi is a loving waste... twitter reporters are framing it like SHE won. All she "won" was not having to make republicans argue for medicare/ss cuts in an election year.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Chilichimp posted:

Great, now you want to bang jay.

You’re being real adult here.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

mcmagic posted:

Naw. Inslee only contributes to global warming with how much of a hot wet fart his campaign is.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Naw. Inslee only contributes to global warming with how much of a hot wet fart his campaign is.

If we had a president who was actually going to do the green new deal and address global warming but was poo poo on everything else, that would be pretty good.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

Pelosi is a loving waste... twitter reporters are framing it like SHE won. All she "won" was not having to make republicans argue for medicare/ss cuts in an election year.

Pelosi "won" in that she made it the next Speaker's problem, not hers. Typical old person burning the exit on the way out.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Phone posted:

Great, now you want to bang jay.

You’re being real adult here.

The absolute state of this.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

She should've refused to raise the debt ceiling until the camps were closed but that would require some moral clarity and a loving spine.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Gravel is my second choice, Williamson my third. They're the only anti-imperialists running I think

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Chilichimp posted:

though I prefer her of the centrists in the crowded field.

Actually I agree with this.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

mcmagic posted:

If we had a president who was actually going to do the green new deal and address global warming but was poo poo on everything else, that would be pretty good.

What does that have to do with Inslee?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

mandatory lesbian posted:

Gravel is my second choice, Williamson my third. They're the only anti-imperialists running I think

"But Gabbard is totally sincerely running as an anti-imperialist!"
|/
:chud:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i forgot gabbard was even in the primary

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
why are there so many people in this primary , knowing full well they don’t have a chance . Who would buy a book by Corey Booker or tulsi gabbard ? They have no chance at all

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Punk da Bundo posted:

why are there so many people in this primary , knowing full well they don’t have a chance . Who would buy a book by Corey Booker or tulsi gabbard ? They have no chance at all

There's lots of good reasons. Increasing name recognition for future races, running for a cabinet position, they think it'll go down to a brokered convention where who the gently caress knows what will happen, they're having an affair and need an excuse to be away from home, they're lonely, etc.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Punk da Bundo posted:

Booker is running for VP, Tulsi's just trying to stay relevant.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Some Polls to look at

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/1153343240306864129

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/NPR_PBS-NewsHour_Marist-Poll_USA-NOS-and-Tables_1907190926.pdf

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/andrewperezdc/status/1153352713419272192

:qq:

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Gripweed posted:

There's lots of good reasons. Increasing name recognition for future races, running for a cabinet position, they think it'll go down to a brokered convention where who the gently caress knows what will happen, they're having an affair and need an excuse to be away from home, they're lonely, etc.

There's also literally no downside. For the 2018 cycle, Seth Moulton raised 2.3 million for his congressional run overall. Right now he is sitting at 1.9 million for the presidency. Worst case scenario he transfers over his money from his failed presidential campaign into his congressional run.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Unfortunate that "Medicare if you want it" was such a well-constructed Trojan horse. Fuuuuuuuck Third Way.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Christ that M4A question couldn't be any goddamn clearer.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Sounds like most people are wrong and want a public option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Marianne opponents are in good company

https://twitter.com/FullFrontalSamB/status/1153328212509962241